AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-10-02, 03:07   Link #4801
Jellal
Anime Critic

I've been waiting almost a decade for news on this series.

I'll be grateful if we just get a touch up for destiny overall.
No scrap scenes, fresh content, organized to a higher standard of entertainment.
Is that too much to ask, after 6 years?
Jellal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 07:06   Link #4802
RX93-2
White Unicorn

Seeing as how the original, zeta and turn a didn't get HD remasters yet and they are infinitely better series i'd say we/you should be happy with what we get.

Hopefully the origin is coming soon.
RX93-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 07:13   Link #4803
I Fail at Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX93-2 View Post
Seeing as how the original, zeta and turn a didn't get HD remasters yet and they are infinitely better series i'd say we/you should be happy with what we get.

This sound like one of those ''why should Seed/Destiny Get Anything! when there's better series'' there are people who do that.

And if you respond please don't ignore my whole post and only give a response or respond to ''there's better series'' in which you would go on to say how those said series are so much better, and im not saying their worst or better im just sayin.

Last edited by I Fail at Life; 2012-10-02 at 07:34.
I Fail at Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 07:36   Link #4804
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellal View Post
I've been waiting almost a decade for news on this series.

I'll be grateful if we just get a touch up for destiny overall.
No scrap scenes, fresh content, organized to a higher standard of entertainment.
Is that too much to ask, after 6 years?
the hell? no scrap scenes and only fresh content? do you want the DESTINY HD REMASTER to be 18 episodes long?
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 12:17   Link #4805
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
the hell? no scrap scenes and only fresh content? do you want the DESTINY HD REMASTER to be 18 episodes long?
LOL, I guess I was more lenient and less harsh in judgment. I was thinking TWENTY-FIVE.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 16:55   Link #4806
RX93-2
White Unicorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Fail at Life View Post
This sound like one of those ''why should Seed/Destiny Get Anything! when there's better series'' there are people who do that.
While I personally think Destiny is a pile of crap after the first few episodes I think SEED is decent enough.
That said there are much older series that deserve an upgrade as well that did not get one yet so one should enjoy the seed remaster for now; the whole HD remaster thing is a new avenue for Gundam and hopefully a sign of more to come.
Old 2012-10-02, 22:24   Link #4807
Destined_Fate

Older series don't deserve anything. They've had their time to shine, it has been decades already. Remastering an old series that was around before most current mecha fans were alive wont sell anywhere near as much as a series they do know.

Quote:

The current Generation doesn't really care for the old series and Zeta did get a remake already. Face it, the SEED brand is still popular with current viewers and they're making a killing off SEED so there's no reason for them to stop since the demand is still there. Especially after AGE.

Last edited by Destined_Fate; 2012-10-02 at 22:34.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 22:33   Link #4808
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Not to mention SEED/DESTINY was one of the biggest gundam cashcows for them either, more money = good in their eyes, so, yeah.

One can hope for a *Real* remaster of destiny, perhaps an actual remake? with a unnamed movie at the end to tie it up nicely?

Gundam SEED FUTURES DESTINY - Attack of the jovian space whales?
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 22:36   Link #4809
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Washu-Chan View Post
Out of the three supposed main characters, Athrun did receive the most screentime in GSD.

Morosawa claimed that Athrun was one of her favorite characters.
I noticed, since he got his own specials and a ridiculous harem where women were literally begging him to take their virginity away with Athrun always saying no because he gave a ring to Cagalli already.
Old 2012-10-02, 22:38   Link #4810
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Quote:
While I personally think Destiny is a pile of crap after the first few episodes I think SEED is decent enough.
That said there are much older series that deserve an upgrade as well that did not get one yet so one should enjoy the seed remaster for now; the whole HD remaster thing is a new avenue for Gundam and hopefully a sign of more to come.
I'm sure the original and Zeta will get a Blu-ray release sooner or later, but not sure about Turn A.. It was not a very populair anime.. Destiny on the other hand was one of the most populair anime shows of 00's so a remaster seems likely. even though I think a remake is more appropriate.
Old 2012-10-02, 22:40   Link #4811
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Older series don't deserve anything. They've had their time to shine, it has been decades already. Remastering an old series that was around before most current mecha fans were alive wont sell anywhere near as much as a series they do know.
Tell that to the ongoing popularity of the older U.C. shows, and the thousands upon thousands of RX-78-2 Gundam and Zaku II models out there.
Old 2012-10-02, 23:10   Link #4812
monster

I suppose one could think of The Origin as a remaster/remake of MSG, in HD, whenever it's released.

It'll be great if they would release a Destiny remaster alongside The Origin like they released SEED remaster alongside AGE.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 23:19   Link #4813
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito-kid View Post
I'm sure the original and Zeta will get a Blu-ray release sooner or later, ...
Umm....aren't both the series & trilogy movies of Zeta already released on BDs? In fact, I already has the 1080p fansub of Zeta series right here on my drive.
Old 2012-10-02, 23:21   Link #4814
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Umm....aren't both the series & trilogy movies of Zeta already released on BDs? In fact, I already has the 1080p fansub of Zeta series right here on my drive.
hu?? they already got remastered?
Old 2012-10-02, 23:30   Link #4815
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Tell that to the ongoing popularity of the older U.C. shows, and the thousands upon thousands of RX-78-2 Gundam and Zaku II models out there.
That popularity pales in comparison to the popularity the new toys, other than AGE, have been receiving. Unicorn, SRW, SD Gundam G Gen, and the such helps UC a lot but it can't change that the old series have aged very badly and just don't justify the costs for a remaster.
Old 2012-10-02, 23:34   Link #4816
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Yeah, Zeta already got remastered for BDs (both the series & the movies). Well, technically, the movies are straight to BD and not a "remaster". Other Gundams which already released on BDs are CCA & F91 (which I also have).

If you're following the Gunpla world, the MG Zeta 2.0 HD & MG RX-178 2.0 HD are made to celebrate the "remastering" of Zeta series IIRC. They also made the titanium/extra finish version of MG Nu Gundam & MG Sazabi to celebrate CCA's BD.

Here's some images of the BD box & screenshots:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by Obelisk ze Tormentor; 2012-10-03 at 01:32.
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 03:08   Link #4817
RX93-2
White Unicorn

No idea why you are all jumping on me since I said that more series should get a remaster; I never asked for UC exclusivity.
Hell I'd take HD G Gundam; THIS HAND OF MINE IS 1080p!

One thing I do hope is that if they remaster DESTINY is that we get the saviour doing more then flying > transform > shoot > transform > fly in every scene.
Old 2012-10-03, 07:44   Link #4818
I Fail at Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX93-2
One thing I do hope is that if they remaster DESTINY is that we get the saviour doing more then flying > transform > shoot > transform > fly in every scene.
I think this showcased athrun not that versatile as a pilot or maybe they were lazy.
I Fail at Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 07:54   Link #4819
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Fail at Life View Post
I think this showcased athrun not that versatile as a pilot or maybe they were lazy.
The second one is more likely. I think the script-writer, the action director, and the animator are just too lazy to come up with something more interesting than what we're given.
Old 2012-10-03, 11:07   Link #4820
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Yes Lacus... Haman was your senpai...

Spoiler for *Shiver*:

Quote:
Yep, as well as ZZ Gundam, which I am currently re-watching right now after my marathon of Z last month

As for GSD... if they really want to remaster it and release it via BD... then we need a big ZAKU-AXE and a huge cut in reused scenes. I think I am not the only person with that sentiment.

Cut it down to size. Either that, or add scenes that make sense.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep