AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2013-01-24, 06:51   Link #2201
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libros View Post
Aren't shinigami's immortal by definition? I may be mis-understanding but er..aren't they already dead? As in, aren't they souls that can use reiatsu?
They can die in soul society again to be reborn in the world.
Old 2013-01-24, 06:59   Link #2202
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
They can die in soul society again to be reborn in the world.
wtf. That seems like a pretty strange system. World > SS > Back to world > back to SS > Rinse and repeat? If the people that end up in this system keep their memories, I feel kind of bad for them. At least they don't turn into space particles for eternity or something. Though, one thing that baffles me is, when they reincarnate, for example, if Kenpachi died, and rebirthed as a human and died again would he go back to being Kenpachi or someone else? Even more interesting is what would happen to Ichigo.
Libros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 12:35   Link #2203
Casshern

That's how it's been from the start. It's essentially the reason why the quincy were exterminated. Their abilities destroy the soul and break the cycle of rebirth, which disrupts the balance of souls.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 15:20   Link #2204
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libros View Post
Aren't shinigami's immortal by definition? I may be mis-understanding but er..aren't they already dead? As in, aren't they souls that can use reiatsu?
In Bleach, the soul is not an immortal being. They can be damaged and even destroyed...permanently. So no, shinigami's are not immortal by definition.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 16:28   Link #2205
kitten320

That's a really late question to ask after all this chapters...
Old 2013-01-24, 17:51   Link #2206
saravis

Maybe Kenpachi isn't immortal at all, maybe Unahona has death defying healing abilities. Remember back in SS arc when she healed Momo and Hitsu that both had fatal wounds? She could have a healing bankai. It would seem odd to put one of your strongest captains into the healing focused squad, unless her healing ability was as good, if not better, than her combat ability.

Just some speculation
Old 2013-01-24, 23:11   Link #2207
Calca
Expressionless

Quote:
Originally Posted by saravis View Post
Maybe Kenpachi isn't immortal at all, maybe Unahona has death defying healing abilities. Remember back in SS arc when she healed Momo and Hitsu that both had fatal wounds? She could have a healing bankai. It would seem odd to put one of your strongest captains into the healing focused squad, unless her healing ability was as good, if not better, than her combat ability.

Just some speculation
We all know the only fatal wounds in this manga is you have to be literally cut in half or splattered across a boulder.

Unless you're a bad guy. Then you could get killed by a deep cut. Also, Minazuki isn't even activated yet. She's fighting kenpachi with a sealed zanpakuto.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-25, 01:45   Link #2208
The Small One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calca View Post
We all know the only fatal wounds in this manga is you have to be literally cut in half or splattered across a boulder.
Hiyori was cut in half and survived…
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-25, 13:12   Link #2209
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Hiyori was cut in half and survived…
and byakuya was splattered across a boulder lol... the only way to truly die in bleach is to be shown turning into spirit particles and/or have a funeral
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-25, 15:53   Link #2210
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
So...Kenpachi is a Saiyan? :3
May be super saiyan (through anger and frustration) in the upcoming chapters
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-25, 17:25   Link #2211
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
So...Kenpachi is a Saiyan? :3
yes because it has a yellow reiatsu is logical
Old 2013-01-25, 23:28   Link #2212
Taco Bell
Gordita's for Everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
and byakuya was splattered across a boulder lol... the only way to truly die in bleach is to be shown turning into spirit particles and/or have a funeral
technically dead people can still be saved, people are just too lazy to use orihimes super heal ability.
Taco Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-25, 23:45   Link #2213
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Bell View Post
technically dead people can still be saved, people are just too lazy to use orihimes super heal ability.
Well she didn't even bother trying with Ulquiorra.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-26, 07:36   Link #2214
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
May be super saiyan (through anger and frustration) in the upcoming chapters
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post
yes because it has a yellow reiatsu is logical
now just need his hair to go gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Bell View Post
like Senzu Beans...you forget you created a dues ex machina and when you do remember, everyone goes full retard about using it
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-27, 14:05   Link #2215
saravis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calca View Post

Unless you're a bad guy. Then you could get killed by a deep cut. Also, Minazuki isn't even activated yet. She's fighting kenpachi with a sealed zanpakuto.
Heh, hardly, ol' Aizen got slashed in half, but he's quite alive.

Anyway, when I say fatal wound, I don't mean one that will kill you, but rather one that could if left untended or whatever. In the magical world of Bleach, there's no wound that absolutely will kill you, even for baddies. Its all just a matter of "Is there something or someone around that can heal/revive you?" or more specifically "Does KT still want you around?"

As for her not fighting with Minazuki, indeed, I was just thinking while he was out she could have done her "healing measures" thing (read: maybe Bankai) to revive him, but who knows.
Old 2013-01-27, 17:49   Link #2216
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by saravis View Post
Heh, hardly, ol' Aizen got slashed in half, but he's quite alive.
Aizen's a bit of a bad example though, as he's the only one in this story who actually has an explainable excuse to survive anything. In any case, it really is pretty much impossible to distinguish fatal wounds from non-fatal wounds in this series. Harribel gets a deep slash wound and lives while Stark gets a similar injury and dies. Even characters who get bifurcated can live (Hiyori, Hitsugaya) while others don't (Yamamoto).

So I agree in that it really just comes down to whether Kubo still wants a character around not.
Old 2013-01-29, 11:43   Link #2217
azenable
President of TecoT

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
Aizen's a bit of a bad example though, as he's the only one in this story who actually has an explainable excuse to survive anything. In any case, it really is pretty much impossible to distinguish fatal wounds from non-fatal wounds in this series. Harribel gets a deep slash wound and lives while Stark gets a similar injury and dies. Even characters who get bifurcated can live (Hiyori, Hitsugaya) while others don't (Yamamoto).

So I agree in that it really just comes down to whether Kubo still wants a character around not.
Nope, if you follow Dragonball Z Logic, its not about how u were cut, but how much Ki u have left. Freeza was cut in 2 and dying but Goku gave him some Ki and he starts flying again....
azenable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-29, 15:20   Link #2218
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Did Ishida magically disappear from the plot? I mean he gave a simple no when Ichigo thought about going to Hueco Mundo. Are these new Quincies the reason why Ryuken had no pride of being a Quincy?
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-29, 16:45   Link #2219
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by azenable View Post
Nope, if you follow Dragonball Z Logic, its not about how u were cut, but how much Ki u have left. Freeza was cut in 2 and dying but Goku gave him some Ki and he starts flying again....
Stark, Gin, and even Yamamoto all seemed like they had enough energy to fight right up until they got fatally injured and killed. Conversely, other characters received similar injuries and lived. So I don't know if DBZ logic can always apply here. That's to say, there appears to be very little reasoning behind which injuries will prove fatal or non fatal in Kubo's universe. I mean unless a character gets blown to pieces and breaks down into particles, its hard to be convinced if they're as good as dead at that very moment.

Last edited by sayde; 2013-01-29 at 16:56.
Old 2013-01-29, 18:17   Link #2220
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
Stark, Gin, and even Yamamoto all seemed like they had enough energy to fight right up until they got fatally injured and killed. Conversely, other characters received similar injuries and lived. So I don't know if DBZ logic can always apply here. That's to say, there appears to be very little reasoning behind which injuries will prove fatal or non fatal in Kubo's universe. I mean unless a character gets blown to pieces and breaks down into particles, its hard to be convinced if they're as good as dead at that very moment.
Maybe one slash has more 'killing power' than another. Gin was cut by Butterflaizen, Stark was cut during Shunsui's shikai game, Yamamoto was cut by his own bankai. Conversely Tia was cut down by a simple slash from shinigami Aizen and he wasn't really trying to kill her but just...I dont even know why he cut her but there wasn't any 'finishing power' to it.
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bleach, chapter