Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-05-12, 23:53   Link #401
DorkingtonPugsly

Quote:
Originally Posted by msg View Post
Spoiler for just to point out the main difference:
I feel like they dumbed down a lot of the stuff from the novels. Not that I mind, I'm perfectly happy with the anime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbayker View Post
I'm not sure though if another season will be produced after this since BD sales seems to be quite dismal. Unless Hobby Japan decides to cough out the budget for it.
I'd definitely love more... The figures (both the regular run ones and the exclusive ones) from Alter/Hobby Japan do quite well, so there is an audience out there, if there isn't another season I won't be surprised, it's amazing we even got this second one. I'll eventually get to the light novels though, regardless.
Old 2013-05-13, 00:25   Link #402
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/

Quote:
Yoko Hikasa voices Miyamoto Musashi. I thought her voice was quite obvious though a bit on the low octave. That's why the ending song is sung by her and Aki Toyosaki.

As for the anime it doesn't really have to keep up to the light novel as it's following its own plot. It will definitely have an anime original ending like the first season. I'm not sure though if another season will be produced after this since BD sales seems to be quite dismal. Unless Hobby Japan decides to cough out the budget for it.
Actually I don't even think Samurai Girls is that popular to begin with compared to something like Queen's Blade. No one thought they'd get another season and look at what we got. The way they scripted Samurai Girls is the same way Ikkitousen's been scripted. Hobby has a lot of money. If they ever need a series while they're busy making another Queen's Blade they can always use Hyakka. Its not as costly, you don't really need amazing visuals and the cast size is pretty low. And of course it'll be a original ending. Its hasn't been following plot since day one. But regardless of how they end it a sequel is a possibility. Samurai Girls is good ecchi bait material a male cast of roughly two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkingtonPugsly View Post
I feel like they dumbed down a lot of the stuff from the novels. Not that I mind, I'm perfectly happy with the anime.

I'd definitely love more... The figures (both the regular run ones and the exclusive ones) from Alter/Hobby Japan do quite well, so there is an audience out there, if there isn't another season I won't be surprised, it's amazing we even got this second one. I'll eventually get to the light novels though, regardless.
They didn't really dumb it down per say. You could say they made it more cost efficient? To have little to no plot, instead a Sengoku Era gender-bent series with a lot of fan-service. Studio-Arms did the same thing to Ikkitousen. Killed the story and turned it into a mindless shirt-ripping ecchi anime. The artwork in the beginning of Samurai girls in the novel at least takes a little getting used too. Later on.... its pretty out there some of the sequences.
Old 2013-05-13, 05:08   Link #403
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Episode 6

Maeda will be part of Mueakira's harem... she'll be a tsundere sooner or later...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-14, 02:57   Link #404
theman4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkz View Post

I'm more bummed out that we won't see Juubei's new
Spoiler for :

I wouldn't be so sure of that
theman4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-17, 15:01   Link #405
Drkz

Wooo fanservice!

Spoiler for Why! T_T:
Old 2013-05-17, 17:40   Link #406
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Spoiler for Maeda:
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-17, 18:30   Link #407
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Spoiler for Maeda:
Spoiler for Response:
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-17, 19:53   Link #408
Drkz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Spoiler for Maeda:
Spoiler for :
Old 2013-05-17, 21:03   Link #409
bumbayker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Spoiler for Response:
Spoiler for Response:
bumbayker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-17, 21:05   Link #410
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Spoiler for Response:
Yeah I thought Nvis was referring to the photos of theman4life, didn't know he was talking about the episode itself.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-17, 21:26   Link #411
Midonin
Last Engage

Samurai Bride 07 - The Prominence of Emi

In some ways, this episode felt like a repeat of the last one, only with the actual Gutsugutsu once again being the butt of jokes. And catching on fire. Not as many comedic situations with the inner Jubei as I expected, but from an in-universe perspective, that may be for the best. Keeping her around for too long looked to have some nasty consequences. I was hoping Keiij would stay around for longer, but just because she rode off into the horizon doesn't mean she can't return for the finale. Though it wasn't stated, I wonder if what happened this week was the trigger to unlock Samurai Bride mode. Still, an enjoyable half hour. Though Yukimura and Sen are planning to kill the rest of the cast. Or at least Gutsugutsu.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-17, 23:47   Link #412
Drkz

Spoiler for Preview:

Love warrior will forever be in the butt monkey of the series. Depending on how the scriptwriter scripts this Keiji can come back. It just depends. I'm just more interested in seeing how Gisen gets how powers back. From what Keiji said I'm suspecting they'll develop the different factions more, but its a slim hope.

Spoiler for Gisen novel?:
Old 2013-05-18, 09:33   Link #413
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I was kind of disappointed Juubei-san (does she have a proper nickname?) was not involved in any humorous situation. This was a unique opportunity to portray her in a new light. I assume they didn't want to ruin her ultimate badass image. A shame Keiji left already. I hope she'll come back soon.
Old 2013-05-18, 09:57   Link #414
Birdway
Banned

Can anyone post the new version of the Opening?
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 13:56   Link #415
DorkingtonPugsly

Awww why did Maeda have to leave so soon? She was one of the main reasons why I was excited for the second season. It can't be that she only gets two episodes. I really hope she comes back later...

As for the episode itself I felt like the pacing was a tiny bit off and it felt like lots of the scenes were just quickly cut and mashed together. Wasn't really bad, it's just something that I noticed.

Though I did enjoy all the fanservice and though Maeda was getting beaten up pretty bad, I still thought she looked amazing with the hair down and her beautiful body in show. Such a wonderful woman...
Old 2013-05-18, 14:56   Link #416
takai
Easy Muffin

I hope that last line from Maeda means what I think it means. I REALLY want Gisen to join the Harem. She showed some of her feelings to Muneakira half way through, so I'm hoping that's an indicator for things to come.
takai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 15:39   Link #417
Nvis
Where are the good animes

I want Maeda + Master Samurai = Easily on par or better than Dark Samurai.
She did say that Muneakira is not a guy she hates.

Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 18:21   Link #418
msg

Quote:
Spoiler for Preview:
It's not Amakusa.Its this girl...you can see her in the new opening right after Inshun.You have to be quick though to see her

Won't spoil you guys...

Spoiler for image:

I think somebody ask whats the name/term for keiji's umbrella.It's ban-kasa, the largest wa-kasa
Old 2013-05-18, 20:14   Link #419
Drkz

Quote:
Originally Posted by msg View Post
It's not Amakusa.Its this girl...you can see her in the new opening right after Inshun.You have to be quick though to see her

Won't spoil you guys...

Spoiler for image:

I think somebody ask whats the name/term for keiji's umbrella.It's ban-kasa, the largest wa-kasa
NOOOOO you ruined my hope. My dreams. Despair. IT ALL WENT OUT THE WINDOW. . Well I pretty much predicted they wouldn't show her. Arms. Why. WHY MUST YOU TROLL MY HEART. GIVE ME AMAKUSA ALREADY.

Well if I think about it animewise. If i ever have a hope to see Amakusa it'd need to be S3.

Last edited by Drkz; 2013-05-18 at 21:57.
Drkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 20:25   Link #420
shadow1296

Quote:
NOOOOO you ruined my hope. My hope. Despair. IT ALL WENT OUT THE WINDOW. . Well I pretty much predicted they wouldn't show her. Arms. Why. WHY MUST YOU TROLL MY HEART. GIVE ME AMAKUSA ALREADY. The should show her last ep.
Drkz you may want to edit your post

Tags
ecchi, harem