AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-03-22, 19:07   Link #21
Goofus Maximus
Senile Member

City Hunter reminds me too much of "Speed Racer" in it's animation style. Somehow the "Angel Heart" animation hits the same spot as the animation for "Bartender", and like "Bartender", the storytelling is less juvenile.

I think AH is one of the more underrated, yet really good, shows out there.
Goofus Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 23:28   Link #22
David Johnston

My favourite bit from this series was when she was showing her biological father around town. "This is the toughest cafe in Japan". "This is the toughest precinct in Japan". "That's a yakuza. He's not very tough."
David Johnston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-26, 18:08   Link #23
Goofus Maximus
Senile Member

I also liked the episode where Xin Hong gave her a present... special knuckles made of hard rubber instead of brass!

Episode 28 is already out! Yay!
Old 2007-03-26, 22:18   Link #24
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
Exclamation Heh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofus Maximus View Post
I also liked the episode where Xin Hong gave her a present... special knuckles made of hard rubber instead of brass!

Episode 28 is already out! Yay!
I also got a kick out of that part, I get the feeling that those two are going
to take a long time to get any kind of normalcy going.
Old 2007-03-27, 04:39   Link #25
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Ryo is a great dad
Old 2007-04-21, 09:51   Link #26
Goofus Maximus
Senile Member

Episode 29 is subbed now! Kaori has a sister! What will happen next?
Old 2007-06-14, 10:06   Link #27
grey_moon

Spoiler for thoughts about epi 31:

Big fan of CH and now a bigger fan of AH
Old 2007-06-14, 10:36   Link #28
Goofus Maximus
Senile Member

Now I wonder what episode 32 will bring. It certainly looked and sounded ominous enough.
Old 2007-06-14, 10:45   Link #29
grey_moon

Spoiler for speculation about epi 32:
Old 2007-07-04, 09:03   Link #30
Goofus Maximus
Senile Member

Double header this time! Angel Heart episodes 32 and 33. Xin Hong's love life gets complicated!

Edit: Episode 32 seems to be experimenting with a manga-style for it's artwork...

Last edited by Goofus Maximus; 2007-07-04 at 12:59.
Old 2007-07-04, 09:37   Link #31
grey_moon

Heh Xin Hong had a love life?

Going to be really complicated. I bet that the ending is going to be one of the classical City Hunter ones...

Spoiler for my guess to the conclusion:
Old 2007-08-21, 08:13   Link #32
TougeSil80
I have enough, I'm gone.

Spoiler for Ep.1-2:
TougeSil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-21, 16:45   Link #33
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by TougeSil80 View Post
Spoiler for Ep.1-2:
Actually the memory thing is a true fact. Many people who have had transplants (especially hearts) have had memories that they know arent theres. Know where a place is even though they've never been there and so on. There's no scientific explanation for it, its just one of those mysteries of the human body.

Personally, i love the art style, its one of the best drawn animes ive seen for the past few seasons. And the story is pretty good aswell. Some of the stuff she comes out with is bloody funny.
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-22, 03:17   Link #34
TougeSil80
I have enough, I'm gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliesin View Post
Actually the memory thing is a true fact. Many people who have had transplants (especially hearts) have had memories that they know arent theres. Know where a place is even though they've never been there and so on. There's no scientific explanation for it, its just one of those mysteries of the human body.

Personally, i love the art style, its one of the best drawn animes ive seen for the past few seasons. And the story is pretty good aswell. Some of the stuff she comes out with is bloody funny.
Really? I didn't know that. Never heard of any actual cases of organ transplant recipients have memories about the donor.
Old 2007-08-23, 05:22   Link #35
TougeSil80
I have enough, I'm gone.

Watched up to ep.10. It got better, especially the Chin Long vs Genmu arc. I know the story is completely different, but this series reminds me of Cowboy Bebop, it has some similar feel to it (but not as good).
Old 2007-08-23, 05:31   Link #36
ipernorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliesin View Post

If we want to stay in anime it's ok, but as you're saying that the memory thing is real then link me to an scientific source stating this. Because otherwise your post is just unbelievable: the memories reside in the brain, not in the heart...
ipernorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-23, 05:51   Link #37
TougeSil80
I have enough, I'm gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post
If we want to stay in anime it's ok, but as you're saying that the memory thing is real then link me to an scientific source stating this. Because otherwise your post is just unbelievable: the memories reside in the brain, not in the heart...
Yea, that's the anime's explanation for it in ep.3 (IIRC). I can't find anything about it either.
Old 2007-08-23, 06:55   Link #38
grey_moon

@TougeSil80 - It is a story, some things you just have to believe as it is a plot device. I mean if you are a CH fan then you should know there are a lot of unbelievable things that happen in the original, hammerspace for example, or being able to shoot a pistol at unbelievable distances and accuracy...

Personally I find the artwork in AH really good, and the style is the same as CH coz it is the same author.

The story telling style of AH is actually very different from CH, which is what I normally hear from CH fans who don't like AH. CH was fast paced and action orientated, AH imho has a more matured style and has some very good stories. For example one of my friends is a big CH fan, his girlfriend hates CH but she loves AH, because of the depth of the stories....

Anyway who knows where out memories are stored, for example if you believe in dying and going to heaven, would that mean that you won't have memories of your life on earth as u kinda left your brain behind? Lets not try to get too scientific about the metaphysical
Old 2007-08-23, 07:32   Link #39
ipernorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
Anyway who knows where out memories are stored, for example if you believe in dying and going to heaven, would that mean that you won't have memories of your life on earth as u kinda left your brain behind? Lets not try to get too scientific about the metaphysical
The only "structure" able to store memory is the brain, it's a scientific fact.
Unless we are talking about religion, faith, spirit and such.
ipernorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-23, 07:36   Link #40
TougeSil80
I have enough, I'm gone.

Yea, to keep watching this I guess we'll just have to accept the (kinda bad) explanation of the memory thing. But everything except the inherited memory though, can be explaned as that after years of horrible mental stress, she finally snapped and split into two personalities. Cuz Kaori is stopping her from killing and suicide, so that kinda make sense.

Edit:
Spoiler for Ep.16:

Last edited by TougeSil80; 2007-08-23 at 09:53.