AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-03-26, 14:14   Link #61
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

UGH....what is it with this site and its 'ALL FEMALE FANS ARE AWFUL AND ARE FUJIOSHI AND THEREFORE RUIN EVERYTHING FOR US MENZ' stance.....

I don't give a shit if its a story full of men or if its a story full of chicks. One of my all time favorite characters, Saeko from HOTD, has boobs the size of basketballs and basically is half naked throughout the show, but I love her because that woman is a total badass. On the otherhand, I started watching Starry Sky, which according to certain people on this site, I should like because I'm female, but I'm already dropping it because its boring and the female character is just....THERE.

If its something I like, I'll watch happily. Hell, one of my new favorites, Psycho Pass, is as violent as they come and yet I loved it and not because of any HoYay either....
Old 2013-03-26, 14:24   Link #62
CMSensei
Formerly -> CMHerrera
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
UGH....what is it with this site and its 'ALL FEMALE FANS ARE AWFUL AND ARE FUJIOSHI AND THEREFORE RUIN EVERYTHING FOR US MENZ' stance.....
I think theirs more "guys" on this forum then girls. Its gonna be hard if your thinking of changing it, their minds.

CM-san's Mystical Creations

"The one who can win
against me, is me!"

- Daiki Aomine
Old 2013-03-26, 14:29   Link #63
snowdog03

Thumbs down

Quote:

I don't give a shit if its a story full of men or if its a story full of chicks. One of my all time favorite characters, Saeko from HOTD, has boobs the size of basketballs and basically is half naked throughout the show, but I love her because that woman is a total badass. On the otherhand, I started watching Starry Sky, which according to certain people on this site, I should like because I'm female, but I'm already dropping it because its boring and the female character is just....THERE.

If its something I like, I'll watch happily. Hell, one of my new favorites, Psycho Pass, is as violent as they come and yet I loved it and not because of any HoYay either....
Who ever said that All female fans are awful...?, That has nothing to do with my topic.
Old 2013-03-26, 14:32   Link #64
snowdog03

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMHerrera View Post
I think theirs more "guys" on this forum then girls. Its gonna be hard if your thinking of changing it, their minds.
I'm pretty sure that Most members of this or any other Anime Forum are female.
Old 2013-03-26, 14:34   Link #65
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
There is a small minority of people here who hold that opinion, but they are very persistent about expressing it everywhere they can. I'll just say that I mostly watch shows with female protagonists because they have stronger plots and better characterizations. As for the inevitable parade of harem, ecchi, and VN adaptations, by now I've had enough real-life experience with female anatomy that animated versions are just not that compelling.

I can understand your feelings, though, having read a number of pretty misogynistic postings here of late. I can assure you it wasn't always this way. I hope these developments are an aberration and not a trend. It's less of an issue in the series discussion threads about shows like Space Brothers, Chihayafuru, or Shin Sekai Yori.

I would be very sad if women felt uncomfortable at Anime Suki. Female voices are rare on forums, this one included, and thus very valuable to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdog03 View Post
I'm pretty sure that Most members of this or any other Anime Forum are female.
That is just so wrong it borders on hilarity.
Old 2013-03-26, 14:39   Link #66
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Who ever said that All female fans are awful...?, That has nothing to do with my topic.
calm down. It ain't aimed at you anyway...

Besides, are you looking for a certain type of female character or are you asking about anime that's more aimed at females? Im late to the party anyway so I'm not sure what exactly were you asking...

If you're looking for something with strong female characters theres:

Claymore
Moribito
High School of the Dead
Psycho Pass
Old 2013-03-26, 14:40   Link #67
Haiprbim
Banned

Quote:
Why is there so much Female oriented Anime?.
It seems to have gone from almost all Male to Female.
Yeah, I see a lot of Magical Girls animes as well nowadays.
It happens really rarely that I like an anime in which the MC is not a male, so I usely let them pass by me.
Old 2013-03-26, 14:44   Link #68
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Oh I know I can't change minds. Nor do I intend to.

I've been on anime boards for about ten years now and this is the first board where I've encountered 'FEMALE FANS R AWFUL!'

@SenjiSensei

Thank you.
Old 2013-03-26, 14:49   Link #69
snowdog03

Quote:
calm down. It ain't aimed at you anyway...

Besides, are you looking for a certain type of female character or are you asking about anime that's more aimed at females? Im late to the party anyway so I'm not sure what exactly were you asking...

If you're looking for something with strong female characters theres:

Claymore
Moribito
High School of the Dead
Psycho Pass
High School of the Dead looks promising, Have you seen any of the stuff with Maetel and "Queen" Emeraldas?, I consider those characters to be the best of the Strong female lead type.
Maetel has cracked her whip on many bad guys. ^_^
Old 2013-03-26, 14:50   Link #70
Haiprbim
Banned

Quote:
Meh, I am certain that more than 90% of all members are guys, could not say for more.
Old 2013-03-26, 14:52   Link #71
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
High School of the Dead looks promising, Have you seen any of the stuff with Maetel and "Queen" Emeraldas?, I consider those characters to be the best of the Strong female lead type.
Maetel has cracked her whip on many bad guys. ^_^
I've read Queen Esmeraldas awhile go

And I've seen Maetel and that little boy too (forgot the name...)

You might like Revolutionary Girl Utena as well.
Old 2013-03-26, 15:24   Link #72
snowdog03

"I've read Queen Esmeraldas awhile go
And I've seen Maetel and that little boy too (forgot the name...)
You might like Revolutionary Girl Utena as well."

I've don't read Manga, I'm referring to their appearances in anime.
The first time I saw Maetel was in a torrent dl of Galaxy Express 999 and that is also where I became aware of Emeraldas.
There are other series where they appear, check them out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galaxy_Express_999

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen_Emeraldas
Old 2013-03-26, 15:25   Link #73
Kirarakim

Quote:
I've been on anime boards for about ten years now and this is the first board where I've encountered 'FEMALE FANS R AWFUL!'
Most members here are really awesome (male and female) but yeah there are a few posters who seem to make it their particular mission to act like female fans are ruining their precious anime. Like anime is some type of boys only club or something.

I have seen misogynist comments over on ANN but one thing I can say about Zac over there is he doesn't call for it and he calls the members out on those statements.
Old 2013-03-26, 16:55   Link #74
Kameruka
Hen-Tie

I always believe Maria-sama ga Miteru is a shoujo and it is one of my favorite shows of all time but sadly most people, especially women seems to avoiding it.

Princess 9 also one of the greatest shoujo ever made but unfortunately it was overlooked because it had no extra "sweeteners" that often included in most other shoujo shows.
Old 2013-03-26, 17:10   Link #75
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:

@SenjiSensei

Thank you.
I make a hobby of stomping on misogyny. Just point the way
Old 2013-03-26, 17:28   Link #76
Joyce_Steele
Banned

I'm a woman and I do believe most shows in my MAL account are made for men but I don't care. I just love them.

The only shoujo shows I enjoyed is Maria-sama ga Miteru series and I think it don't much of the cliche which plagued other shoujo shows out there. I also try to like Ouran High School Host Club but instead I ended up disliking it. I don't know why but I just don't like Haruhi being the heroine of the show.
Old 2013-03-26, 17:42   Link #77
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyce_Steele View Post
I'm a woman and I do believe most shows in my MAL account are made for men but I don't care. I just love them.

The only shoujo shows I enjoyed is Maria-sama ga Miteru series and I think it don't much of the cliche which plagued other shoujo shows out there. I also try to like Ouran High School Host Club but instead I ended up disliking it. I don't know why but I just don't like Haruhi being the heroine of the show.
What did you think of the comedic romance called "Love Complex" Love☆Com? I rather enjoyed that (shoujo), especially the ensemble cast.
Old 2013-03-26, 19:56   Link #78
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

The only shojo I've really liked was Ouran, Fruits Basket and more recently, Kamisama Kiss...because they have make me laugh or cry out loud
Old 2013-03-26, 20:02   Link #79
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:

Its dem fujoshi! They keep taking our jobs!
Old 2013-03-26, 21:27   Link #80
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Its dem fujoshi! They keep taking our jobs!
We need to stop giving them H1-B visas.
Closed Thread