AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2007-02-11, 16:12   Link #21
Kyuusai
9wiki
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Kyuusai Send a message via MSN to Kyuusai Send a message via Yahoo to Kyuusai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altema View Post
I dont even think with one of the best paying jobs (investment banking) that I can make 5mil in that short amount of time @_@.
100% accurate!

You must build a business to make such cash!
Kyuusai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-11, 17:15   Link #22
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Well I want to finish High School of course. Then I'll pursue a career in coaching. I've always wanted to be an NFL coach.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-11, 17:44   Link #23
anselfir
Style Über Alles

earn 10 million dollars, retire, do philosophy. possibly find wife in-between.
Old 2007-02-11, 17:58   Link #24
Altema
Simple

Send a message via AIM to Altema
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuusai View Post
100% accurate!

You must build a business to make such cash!
Even with a business, it is hard to make that much. You figure if CEO's are making 500-700k a year, and you do nothing but save that for 10 years, you will have 5 mil at the end of 10 years. Thats if you save it and literally spend nothing. Most people plan to move away from home at that age .
Altema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-11, 23:49   Link #25
raikage
日本語を食べません!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Ver 2 View Post
currently just 22 for about a month, and looking forward to graduation in 2008 spring. majors in animation, so im probably gonna b working on video games or movie effects after that for about a few years. i also have several side businesses that are going pretty well.

but all in all, im planning on an aston martin sometime within the next 5 yrs. ultimate goal is to have 5mil in bank/investments before 30 (meaning within next 10 years, and preferably before the yr of my 10 yr hs reunion in 2013), so i can just leech off my 40k+ interest every month and wake up at 4 pm everyday...goddam i can't wait =)

P.S. o yea, and somewhere along the line, start my own game company from my experiences working with a game studio (very vague plan as of now, but dam am i excited about the future 10 years!)
So what's your real goal?
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-12, 01:44   Link #26
Kyuusai
9wiki
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Kyuusai Send a message via MSN to Kyuusai Send a message via Yahoo to Kyuusai
Quote:
Even with a business, it is hard to make that much. You figure if CEO's are making 500-700k a year, and you do nothing but save that for 10 years, you will have 5 mil at the end of 10 years. Thats if you save it and literally spend nothing. Most people plan to move away from home at that age .
It's certainly not easy.

I was just pointing out that you're right in saying it can't be done with a job. Most people who build businesses don't make it, either, but for them it's a possibility.

I'm a positive thinker. Just watch where I end up.
Kyuusai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-12, 10:55   Link #27
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
I'm not really hoping to achieve any goals in terms of money. For the time being, at the end of February I have to take an English exam to enter my university (we don't have college here), in which I'll study English to Spanish translation. After 5 years, I hope, I should have enough knowledge of Japanese to pursue a title in Japanese-English-Spanish translation. And hopefully get a pass or something to study Japanese in Japan, but that's a bit harder.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-12, 13:02   Link #28
Jewelray

Send a message via AIM to Jewelray
Quote:
Jewel, wow. I'm a junior in college and soon to be senior, and I was under the impression that at this point of college, you SHOULD know what you want to do. I mean, if your intent is grad school, yeah you can pick your major all over again, but what have you been majoring in all this time?!
Of course by now I should know what I want to do, but I don't. Right now I'm an Econ and Japanese major, but there is still time to change it. Sad part is, even if I stop doubting my major, I don't really know what I want to do after I graduate. But people keep telling me that your major doesn't have to determine your career... which means I can keep putting of deciding what I want to do with my life. I'll probably end up selling out and do ibanking or consulting for 2 years like everyone else who doesn't know what they want to do but wants to make money right out of college.
Jewelray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-12, 14:07   Link #29
Ending

Quote:
And now that you all published your future plans, Murphy is looking at you, amused.
Or: "Every time a man makes a plan, God laughs."

Seriously, though, my plan has been pretty much sealed for the last three years.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-12, 14:42   Link #30
kitto-chan
很快是工程師

Wow, I see some big goals in this thread. My personal goal is to buy my own house and pay off half before Im 30 yrs old. Get a job with LearJet or Bell Aviation. Or Nippon Air would be nice if my japanese is good enough. Then I may consider a wife. My goal is near, I got about 100K left on my house before I paid off half.
kitto-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-12, 21:58   Link #31
killmoms
Former Triad Typesetter

Hoping to move into telecine in the next few years and get on track for a career as a DI Colorist on major motion pictures. Failing that, hoping to get into visual effects as a compositor.
Old 2007-02-12, 22:07   Link #32
SilverHead
School Rumble Addict

Right now I got a part-time job and Im a student at the University.
Im doing 3 years in Japanese language and I hope that in 5-10 years I could work in Japan as a translator from French-Japanese or even English-Japanese or even as a french teacher in some japanese school.

Im following the flow, I see my goal tho and I will reach it. I dont care about the time needed to accomplish my goal.
SilverHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-13, 05:49   Link #33
Blue*Dragon

difficult to say dunno for sure how things going

however mine future plans

going to move in with gf about 3 quarter year , we namely then moving to germany. It's a castle house inlcudingg erea for her horses

Starting from next schoolyear going to start study accountancy cursus.

Atm learing how to draw arts via the homestudie of LOI [dutch homestudy school]

I don't know what's for further in stalled for me but time will tell.
Blue*Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-13, 09:14   Link #34
Legend Ver 2
The Omnipotent One

Quote:
Man you must plan to make a crapload of money. I was content by having around 600k in investments by the time I am 30 (meaning in 7 years from graduation). You take the cake with 5. I dont even think with one of the best paying jobs (investment banking) that I can make 5mil in that short amount of time @_@.
well if u read carefully again, i meant 5 mil in 10 years =). i should have capitalized my sentences to make it more readable, since i myself got confused reading it again after a day lol.

Quote:
well realistically, that can be true, but ive met and worked with ppl who made it happened at a VERY young age, about 26 or so, and theyre making it happen way faster, since theyre already multi millionaires. if u spend conservatively tho, 500-700k a year is WAY more than enuff. if u spend about 10k max on everything a month (including bills food etc etc), u still end up with at least 400k a year at the end of it. plus business owners get tax deductible for ALOT of stuff, so u can buy urself say a bmw 3 and write off a good percentage of that. but lets stop before this gets into one big technical discussion on how money works, since i only know the basics, and can prolly b pwned by ppl more knowledgable than me in this forum...lol =)
Legend Ver 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-13, 18:48   Link #35
raikage
日本語を食べません!

Are you talking that kind of money, cash or that kind of money on paper?

If you equate a person with the total value of his business (buildings, raw components, and whatnot) then the person is worth a lot of money.

But if you're talking the amount of cash or quicky-convertible into cash, then it's quite different. Michael Dell can't go to McDonald's and pay with hard drives.

CEO's generally get paid with stock options that could rise in value, but they're not supposed to sell them until xxx years down the road IIRC. So while on paper they're worth millions, they only get paid a fraction of that in cash.
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-13, 19:24   Link #36
kitto-chan
很快是工程師

Quote:
Originally Posted by raikage View Post
Are you talking that kind of money, cash or that kind of money on paper?

If you equate a person with the total value of his business (buildings, raw components, and whatnot) then the person is worth a lot of money.

But if you're talking the amount of cash or quicky-convertible into cash, then it's quite different. Michael Dell can't go to McDonald's and pay with hard drives.

CEO's generally get paid with stock options that could rise in value, but they're not supposed to sell them until xxx years down the road IIRC. So while on paper they're worth millions, they only get paid a fraction of that in cash.
True that, Im worth approx 800K if you see all my assets. That means, cars, house, and shop, tools, hardware equipments, things of that nature, including loans. But in the bank I got unless that 1/20th that amount. I can't possibly convert all asset into liquidible funds unless I lose over half the value.
kitto-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-14, 03:20   Link #37
Contempt
Counting Spoons

Send a message via MSN to Contempt
Hmm.. Where to start?
I'm not really one for planning... After all for some reason I've ended up taking Law and I suppose that it would make sense to do something within that field. I'm thinking either company law, civil litigation or possibly criminal. (a small possibility but it's stil present) However I've got about seven or eight years before that plan can come to fruition... Thanks to the remainder of my degree and a five year training contract >.>...

Despite all that I'm in the proceeds of writing a novel, which should be finished by about May '07... Then its a matter of deciding if it's worth approaching a publisher or just leaving it for my own enjoyment at a later date. (only problem with reading your own book is that you know what's going to happen >.> ((Its a little sad))

Also... Don't forget how long it would take to start a business where a CEO could justify taking a salary of 700-800k+. You've got overheads, aside from determining where to base the business and then paying those rates... Not to mention (I'm talking about starting a business in the UK... I don't know where you're from so I can't really discuss much more than what I know..) finding/employing staff.. Then making sure the building is up to scratch for Health and Safety *sigh*. Then when it comes to video games design, you've got a large time-scale in terms of storyboarding and so on. Time = wages, you'd need a vast amount of capital or a hellova loan to get of the ground and last it out until you could release the first video game, still not guaranteeing that it would be a success.
But anyway I'm most likely rambling so you can ignore me .
Contempt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-14, 03:36   Link #38
Areguzanda
Ecchi!

my plan?
well...
Finish my 2. year as a ICT-Apprentice
then 1-2 years back at school to get the stuff I need to get into the University
and then 5 years there for a Masters-degree in Communication technology
the I think I'll get a job somewhere.
though I would really like to travel to japan and maybe get a work there somwere...
or maybe study more there.
anyways my plan is to make enough money to live a happy life for me and my future family.

I'm 20 years old in October this year...and 10 year into the future...well I guess I would probably want to be married to.

well I guess my main goal is a be happy no matter what I do.

(I wish that some things we watch and read about in anime/manga could happen in real life too. but maybe it's all for the best for us to live with the dreams instead of experience it )

Areguzanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-17, 18:04   Link #39
Loniat
Paranoid Android

Quote:
Originally Posted by Areguzanda View Post
my plan?

then 1-2 years back at school to get the stuff I need to get into the University
and then 5 years there for a Masters-degree in Communication technology
A Master degree is University plus 2 years add or take 6 months. Is there anything different in Norway?

I see a lot of young minds aiming for the "I'll try to get filthy rich until my 30's"...how sad...
Loniat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-17, 18:44   Link #40
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
I see a lot of young minds aiming for the "I'll try to get filthy rich until my 30's"...how sad...
Yeah, I saw it too but dared not comment it. On one hand aiming for a job you don't really like only to earn money can be very bad for yourself, and on the other it might truly be a bulkload of wishful thinking. If raising money was so easy then everybody would be filthy, filthy rich. That's why I decided to aim for things I like, which are languages, though I'm not really sure if I'll be able to raise a very high income.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote