AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-06-24, 10:29   Link #1441
Nayim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Oh man if I was a video game exec I would use this thread as a perfect example of why we should be raping video game consumers even more. Thanks to people like you THQ's one time unlock codes for multiplayer (in other words you can't play a second hand game online unless you buy a DLC code) will become common place. Maybe in a few years we can start paying to unlock levels throughout games! Why not, we keep bending over and paying for stuff that should be included in the first place!

Oh so the 360 version has free DLC than? Since it's on DVD yeah?
DVD was easily pirated and the company will suspend if someone hacked for free download. Those who have PS3 should be no problem about it, if you really keep money for buying dlc, depend for the fan who really wanted to buy it. BTW Blue-ray are more expensive than DVD does.

Last edited by Nayim; 2010-06-24 at 10:40.
Nayim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 10:39   Link #1442
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Oh man if I was a video game exec I would use this thread as a perfect example of why we should be raping video game consumers even more. Thanks to people like you THQ's one time unlock codes for multiplayer (in other words you can't play a second hand game online unless you buy a DLC code) will become common place. Maybe in a few years we can start paying to unlock levels throughout games! Why not, we keep bending over and paying for stuff that should be included in the first place!
For some reasons, I failed to see the connection you mentioned above, honestly. Why do people believe Makoto should be included in the first place?
Old 2010-06-24, 10:48   Link #1443
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
For some reasons, I failed to see the connection you mentioned above, honestly. Why do people believe Makoto should be included in the first place?
I believe that's because of them taking the "being given one slice of cake and having to pay for the rest of the cake" mentality over the "being given a cake and being able to pay for an extra slice" mentality.

Last edited by Tokkan; 2010-06-24 at 16:22.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 11:39   Link #1444
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

if the content is finished, you're essentially paying for something you should already have. its like whatever capcom game where you paid 5 bucks for DLC, and the DLC size was 500Kb. ie. you're unlock something that's already on the disk.

my personal stance on DLC is that it's stupid. you already paid 40, 50, 60 bucks for a game, and they're making you pay a couple bucks for a sliver of the game. instead, it should be free, as a reward and a show of thanks for buying their game. i believe Uncharted 2 (or some other sony first party) was a prime example of this. they added a balance patch, new multiplayer maps, and new weapons for free.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 11:44   Link #1445
Tokkan

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
if the content is finished, you're essentially paying for something you should already have. its like whatever capcom game where you paid 5 bucks for DLC, and the DLC size was 500Kb. ie. you're unlock something that's already on the disk.
Quote:
For you conspiracy theorists, Makoto is NOT on the BlazBlue: Continuum Shift disc nor are any of the future DLC characters, so you’re not just purchasing simple unlock code.
Quote:
Q: How will DLC character compatibility work?
A: On release day, an automatic patch will be released that adds Makoto to be played against, but not as (unless you buy the DLC, of course).
http://www.aksysgames.com/forums/topic/685

It's not on the disc. It'll be included in a patch. Then you'll unlock it.

Also, the damn DLC comes with tutorials, challenges and extra achievements/trophies.

I understand not wanting to pay for it, but please read up on the subject before arguing your points.

Last edited by Tokkan; 2010-06-24 at 12:03.
Old 2010-06-24, 12:29   Link #1446
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
People have such entitlement issues these days. You're getting a new game with a ton of balance and system changes, 3 new chars, new story mode, godlike netcode (hopefully again) and god knows what else for 40 bucks. 40 bucks, I would of payed 60. If Makoto not being on the disc is making your wallet cry that much, don't buy her, it's always that simple.

And people love to bring up ssf4: "we got 10 new chars with ssf4, wtf asky?!"

No, you got 2 new chars, and 8 chars from previous games. It's alot easier to look into your giant bag of chars and pull out a few, that already have there look, movesets, and combos already done, then just throw them into your new engine. It takes time to actually make a character from the ground up.

with that said, it would of been nice if Makoto was on the disc, or even just include her with the limited edition, but it's nothing to really cry about. we live in the age of dlc, games cost significantly more to make today then they did in the ps1/2 days, at the end of the day, asky is a business, just like any other. they wanna feed there kids. Everyones gonna have to suck it up.
Old 2010-06-24, 13:47   Link #1447
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
I believe they because of them taking the "being given one slice of cake and having to pay for the rest of the cake" mentality over the "being given a cake and being able to pay for an extra slice" mentality.
Quoted for truth

The FAQ has already answered this question, this isn't like the crap in SC IV or SF IV, this stuff isn't already on the disk, it is actual downloadable content, complete with tutorial, achievements, etc.
Old 2010-06-24, 17:26   Link #1448
Tokkan

Haha. Guess what guys? In order to unlock Mu as a playable character, you need to beat the entire story mode in CS. However, much in the same way as the old Unlimited forms, you can pay for a downloadable unlock key to automatically unlock her.

http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/30192 - CS Unlimited Character Gameplay (All 15 Unlimiteds). This time, Unlimiteds are not just like Gold characters, they've got exclusive Unlimited-only moves too. Like Tao can call a stampede of kaka kittens, Noel can perform the Fenrir gattling cannon outside of DD and Ragna's Dead Spike has 2 follow-ups now.

Last edited by Tokkan; 2010-06-24 at 18:23.
Old 2010-06-24, 18:33   Link #1449
leodamine
Divine Akuma

Wow, finally we can have some fun with unlimited characters. I didn't like how you had to pay for half the casts unlimited characters, only to find them easily raped by the likes of Unlimited Ragna.
Old 2010-06-24, 19:09   Link #1450
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Ah so Nu is playable not as a DLC character but she's the Unlimited form of Lambda. Interesting decicion, and it makes sense if you consider the story.~
Old 2010-06-24, 22:41   Link #1451
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

oh, i didn't know she wasn't on the disk. but i still don't like dlc characters.

so for Mu, you need 100% completion for everyone? gross. though CT's story was actually pretty fun. and for Nu, i would love it if they gave her /\'s parsers and no gravity well meter. then she would rape face.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2010-06-24, 22:55   Link #1452
Tokkan

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
so for Mu, you need 100% completion for everyone?
No, you just need to complete everyone's stories up to and including the true ending.
Old 2010-06-24, 23:11   Link #1453
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

oh, that's not too bad then. and it seems like Nu will get the parsers. its gg.

Old 2010-06-25, 05:46   Link #1454
Tokkan

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...d=126073299976 - Zen United posted a bunch of Makoto screens on their Facebook page. And just as I thought, her positioning on character select suggests that there are at most 2 other DLC characters upcoming.

Last edited by Tokkan; 2010-06-25 at 05:58.
Old 2010-06-25, 06:12   Link #1455
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

"Shoryuken!!"

Kinda expected that, though XD.
Old 2010-06-25, 07:07   Link #1456
Nayim

Wait, does this mean Makoto have story her own story? If yes, which mean there is the part of the story, right?.
Nayim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-25, 08:03   Link #1457
Rayneing
Trombe!

I don't think she has her own storymode, just that she'll appear as an NPC in several character's paths. Noel's, Jin's, and Tsubaki's, I would imagine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen United
* She's a short range, rush-down character.
* Her Drive is 'Impact' - hold down D to charge it up.
* DLC includes Tutorial and Challenge Mode data. Extra Costume colours, Achievements/Trophys and 'Unlimited version'.
* You'll be able to play people who don't have the DLC.
* Despite what many people have been moaning about, DLC data is NOT on the original CS disk. Believe me - I've looked!. ; )
Her Drive sounds kind of boring, unfortunately. I guess to make the most out of it, you have to constantly charge it in the middle of combos or something?
Old 2010-06-25, 08:07   Link #1458
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayneing View Post
Her Drive sounds kind of boring, unfortunately. I guess to make the most out of it, you have to constantly charge it in the middle of combos or something?
Kinda different from what I heard before =/.
Beside, Tsubaki's Drive is also "hold D to charge it up". I don't think it's as what they said literally.
Old 2010-06-25, 11:38   Link #1459
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

More Mu-12 gameplay, not in beginner mode this time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIUfB...E0&feature=sub

Definitely a Zoning character by the looks of it, and her DDs are powerful, but it looks like she has a much more difficult time keeping opponents out then Nu-13 did in CT

Also, a video of all the Unlimited forms of the BB:CS characters: http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/30192
Old 2010-06-25, 11:54   Link #1460
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

so her things bounces lasers? doesn't seem to do much damage though. the way she plays, it seems to me a good /\ can pretty easily smack her down.

Tags
3ds, arc system works, arcade, fighting, ps vita, ps3, psp, windows, xbox360