AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

View Poll Results: Ore no Imouto - Episode 14 (TRUE ROUTE) Rating
Perfect 10 31 36.05%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 27 31.40%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 23.26%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 6.98%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.16%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.16%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-04-26, 12:09   Link #21
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopi View Post
Kuroneko pretty much got a dirty mouth this episode with all the "masturbation" word coming out one after another
It's mainly because the word for "masturbation" in Kanji literally mean "self-gratifying" if you take it letter by letter. It's kind of like a pun that didn't translate well.
Old 2011-04-26, 12:37   Link #22
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegalStar View Post
It's mainly because the word for "masturbation" in Kanji literally mean "self-gratifying" if you take it letter by letter. It's kind of like a pun that didn't translate well.
she did say "masturbation". she used オナニー (Onanii --> Onanie, a word borrowed from German).
Old 2011-04-26, 12:38   Link #23
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Honestly, this episode just confirmed they just should rename the series into 俺の後輩がこんなに可愛いわけがない and make a full season about it.

Anyway, a very entertaining episode. Although I would nitpick the transitions at times were a little blunt, the way how they delivered the humor and Ruri epic moe was simply the winning formula.
Sena was certainly a very scary (and hilarious) fujoshi yet again, and I daresay her chemistry with Ruri is becoming much more explosive and appealing than what was going on with Kirino and Ruri.
Meanwhile, I can't help but think Kyousuke is being corrupted for real, considering how shamelessly he could blurt "let's make an eroge" without any problem in helping the girls for the script

Of course, Ruri was the cake and the icing of the cake again: the drama of episode 13 paid off with a critical mass of moe with her, to the point it would be criminal for Kyousuke to end up with anyone else than her.
And boy, we had so many -tease- that makes me wonder how many people would die should Hanazawa takes part of an eroge cast for real
Old 2011-04-26, 12:44   Link #24
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I nearly died...
Old 2011-04-26, 12:56   Link #25
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Somehow.... Kuroneko has moved up into the top five of my all-time favorite anime heroines. Maybe number one by the time this series is done. Of course, her old-fashioned line she muttered at the end of episode 13 shot an arrow in my heart. And yeah, its not just the delicate cute, its the whole package of smarts, wile, and whimsy.
Old 2011-04-26, 12:58   Link #26
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post

I nearly died...
Holy shit. Can't wait to see this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Of course, Ruri was the cake and the icing of the cake again: the drama of episode 13 paid off with a critical mass of moe with her, to the point it would be criminal for Kyousuke to end up with anyone else than her.
And boy, we had so many -tease- that makes me wonder how many people would die should Hanazawa takes part of an eroge cast for real
The above pic could summarize it.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-04-26, 13:02   Link #27
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post

I nearly died...
If this doesn't become an inspiration for at least one H-doujin, I'll eat my hat. And I don't even have a hat to begin with, so I have to buy one first AND THEN I'll eat my hat. What Klashikari said about her in an eroge is also an amazing fantasy, for now I'll settle for Duturu~ later today though.
Old 2011-04-26, 14:25   Link #28
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
A pretty good episode overall. Some great moments like in Kyousuke's room where Kuroneko really stepped things up . Of course she probably should have put the "I like you" a bit differently since putting it at the same level as Kirino won't really get through to Kyousuke. Though maybe she's still working on building up things between them before she really makes it fully clear to him.
I'm sure she phrased it that way on purpose and that she was fully expecting him to misunderstand. She's not ready for a confession yet. The real confession shall be glorious. It'll probably take a while before it happens though.
Old 2011-04-26, 15:54   Link #29
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I usually couldn't care less about pairings war, but if Kyousuke chooses Kirino over Ruri, I'm gonna rage hard.
There is a pairings war but it's not Kirino vs Kuroneko but Manami vs Kuroneko.

Kyousuke can't/won't go for Kirino because she's family.
Old 2011-04-26, 16:13   Link #30
Maugomale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Kyousuke can't/won't go for Kirino because she's family.
Oh, for the love of...

You people are excluding the possibility way too fast...

And considering how Kyousuke just doesn't see Manami as a girl, she's already out.
Old 2011-04-26, 16:20   Link #31
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Well that's not too unreasonable of an assumption; being family tends to be a pretty big obstacle to these things.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-04-26, 16:21   Link #32
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Well, the last comiket made a great job at pointing out who is the main character of this show... and should I suggest, Sameda Koban made an excellent job through his circle (snob nerd works)... and it's definitely not safe for work, under-aged girlfriends, etc.
Old 2011-04-26, 16:30   Link #33
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Well, the last comiket made a great job at pointing out who is the main character of this show... and should I suggest, Sameda Koban made an excellent job through his circle (snob nerd works)... and it's definitely not safe for work, under-aged girlfriends, etc.
Not safe for work huh? Well, as you know that just piques my interest even more.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-04-26, 16:37   Link #34
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Everything I want to say has already been said, mainly...
-Kuroneko development = superb
-Kuro scene in Kyosuke's bedroom = superb
-Sena's character = CUTE X03 when she's crying, hilarious otherwise.

I ROFL'd when they showed Kyosuke being the "uke" in Sena's game .

I like the Kurokyosuke Manchera pic at the end.

Despite how great these last 2 episodes were, I know exactly what going to happen. By the end of the last episode, just before Kurokyosuke(more specifically Kuro) get too close, Kirino will show up at the last second with some annoying phrase. Then I will proceed to facepalm myself into my pc desk =0<.

Lastly, I see some people still call Kuro "Kuroneko" and others call her "Ruri". I guess it's more appropriate to call her Ruri when she's not in cosplay, but I guess I just stick to what I'm used to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
(In this week's round of OP changes, Kirino kicks Kyousuke and he goes flying, and he literally "gives up the ghost" while Manami tries to shove it back in.
That was the only thing glaringly wrong with this ep. There should have been more Kuro + Sena, a bit of Saori and Manami, and a fight between Manchera(?) and those homos from Sena's rpg. I should NEVER have to witness never-before-seen annoying antics with Kirino when she's not even in the story arc >=0[.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Honestly, this episode just confirmed they just should rename the series into 俺の後輩がこんなに可愛いわけがない and make a full season about it.

Translation for those of us who don't understand sign language ?

Hen Zemi beckons you. That's probably as close as you'll get, but her voice is absolutely adorable when she gets flustered X03. Oh those moans in ep 3....
Old 2011-04-26, 16:48   Link #35
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

There's a doujinshi floating around that uses the "Kuro-Kyou bed scene" as a launch point. I normally find most doujinshi utter crap but this one manages to stay in context, make sense story-wise, and end properly. So extra points for that. Minus points for some of the art, though. No I won't help find it but if *I* could find it - it isn't that hard.
Old 2011-04-26, 17:27   Link #36
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
Eh, I guess the Kirino hate is justified, but I don't see her as annoying as everyone seems to, though I do agree a spin off featuring lesser chars would probably be more entertaining.

It would be cool if they made a second season were she comes back to Japan, I would love to see what kind of character growth she would have after being in America. Or hell, even a OVA or something of her adventures in America.
Old 2011-04-26, 17:34   Link #37
Jenesay

Well most of the stuff have already been said, but Sena and her homo antics was another win. She is pure comedy gold. And then we have Kuroneko, why just keeps getting cuter.

So we've got yet another great episode! The reason being of course the lack of a certain 200% tsun 0% dere, little sister. Why couldn't they have made the regular anime this good from the start? The OVA is miles ahead of it.
Old 2011-04-26, 17:38   Link #38
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
Too bad Vol. 5 is the only book that is named that way...

Other than that, the episode gets a 9 instead of 10. Nothing wrong with the episode, just that this chapter is not exactly my favorite as it does feel a little bit cliche. But then, it's hard to make another episode 13...

Gotta love Sena, though. I can't stop laughing at her homo-RPG...she hits the nail as well about Kyousuke not exactly care about game, rather care more about Ruri-chan.
Old 2011-04-26, 18:44   Link #39
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soconfused View Post
Eh, I guess the Kirino hate is justified, but I don't see her as annoying as everyone seems to, though I do agree a spin off featuring lesser chars would probably be more entertaining.
Kirino hate is one thing (which has already been discussed ad nauseam in countless threads), but I think a lot of viewers are discounting the role Kirino played in bringing the plot to this point, and the role she continues to play even in her absence here (very pronounced in this episode). If nothing else, you could at least say that she was essential in bringing Kyousuke and Kuroneko together in a lot of different ways, and Kuroneko certainly appears to feel that Kirino is her main competition -- even for Kyousuke. I'd almost argue that Kirino is really what caused Kuroneko to shine, both in the story and to us as viewers.

Perhaps that's sort of the point of this part of the story -- to realize the impact Kirino has had on everyone, despite her often-frustrating near-inexplicable overbearing ways. Despite all that happened in the plot to get us to this point, the "take-aways" have almost all been good for everyone... and even Kyousuke and Kuroneko hate to admit that point. (Even the ever-prideful Kuroneko was frustrated that she felt so strongly that she didn't want to lose to Kirino that she was willing to beg for Sena's help. She's definitely changed.)

I'm not sure what it all means yet... but I think it's probably important. (It's sort of like "the most important person in your life isn't your best friend, but your greatest rival/enemy".)
Old 2011-04-26, 18:51   Link #40
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Kirino hate is one thing (which has already been discussed ad nauseam in countless threads), but I think a lot of viewers are discounting the role Kirino played in bringing the plot to this point, and the role she continues to play even in her absence here (very pronounced in this episode). If nothing else, you could at least say that she was essential in bringing Kyousuke and Kuroneko together in a lot of different ways, and Kuroneko certainly appears to feel that Kirino is her main competition -- even for Kyousuke. I'd almost argue that Kirino is really what caused Kuroneko to shine, both in the story and to us as viewers.

Perhaps that's sort of the point of this part of the story -- to realize the impact Kirino has had on everyone, despite her often-frustrating near-inexplicable overbearing ways. Despite all that happened in the plot to get us to this point, the "take-aways" have almost all been good for everyone... and even Kyousuke and Kuroneko hate to admit that point. (Even the ever-prideful Kuroneko was frustrated that she felt so strongly that she didn't want to lose to Kirino that she was willing to beg for Sena's help. She's definitely changed.)

I'm not sure what it all means yet... but I think it's probably important. (It's sort of like "the most important person in your life isn't your best friend, but your greatest rival/enemy".)
Agreed, she's vital to the story (I keep using the word "catalyst") because she evokes strong emotions in both the characters and the reader/viewer.