AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-06-23, 22:56   Link #41
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Don't play much that more, but I can get around to it eventually.

If you ever get bored, hit me up as "SOGESNAKE" on Steam~
Old 2011-06-23, 23:01   Link #42
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

F2P? Heh, never really seen that term used for anything that wasn't an MMO. Has micro-transactions though, some stuff is pretty damn cool.

It's an awesomely fun game, play Medic of Engie mostly, with a dash of Heavy and Demo. Play in the AU evenings semi-regular myself, got a friend into it recently and we've been playing it a fair bit the last couple weeks. He's a bit dirty since I just told him it went F2P, lol.

Go by Mr Hat and Clogs if you feel like a game.
Old 2011-06-23, 23:30   Link #43
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Since you're such an avid PC gamer, I was wondering for a while if you played it or not.
I got distracted buying other games so I never really got to enjoy TF2. But glad to hear it's F2P now
Old 2011-06-24, 00:39   Link #44
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
If you'd like you can add me on Steam. My ID is "SilverSyko", just like here. I'd gladly play with ya.
My ID is DSveno, but I can't play much at the moment. Thing is kinda busy here, so I'll call you later when I'm free. Thank for the offer, though .
Old 2011-06-24, 01:15   Link #45
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
My ID is DSveno, but I can't play much at the moment. Thing is kinda busy here, so I'll call you later when I'm free. Thank for the offer, though .
It's no problem. I need some more comrades in this war too.

Today's update (Uber Update) is rather large so it might take a bit for it to install first though.

Quote:
I got distracted buying other games so I never really got to enjoy TF2. But glad to hear it's F2P now
Just be aware that you and all F2P's won't have all the benefits of those who have paid for the game already. But it's quite a minor difference, just the un-ability to find hats through random drops, trade your items to people, give gifts to people (you can still receive them though) and have limited crafting blueprints.

You can rectify this by buying any item in the in-game store though, so paying for the premium account can be as low as 2 dollars.

On another note, I got my hat which was a prize for buying the game before it became F2P. Everyone who did should get one too.~
Old 2011-06-24, 03:21   Link #46
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

That medic video is hilarious.
Old 2011-06-24, 03:28   Link #47
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Now we just need to wait if they ever do make a Pyro video.
Old 2011-06-24, 07:53   Link #48
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Well technically speaking they may have to do one more video than that.

At the end segment of the meet the medic video, take a close look at the ticket counter.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 13:37   Link #49
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
At the end segment of the meet the medic video, take a close look at the ticket counter.
Not sure can see what you're talking about. All it does is flip down from 1 to 2 right?

The only hidden thing I saw in the video was Ms. Pauling around the 56 second mark.
Old 2011-06-24, 21:10   Link #50
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Not sure can see what you're talking about. All it does is flip down from 1 to 2 right?

The only hidden thing I saw in the video was Ms. Pauling around the 56 second mark.
Look at the actual ticket dispenser.

The current ticket is #11.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 23:15   Link #51
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Probably made it free to play since considering how long it's been out they aren't going to snag that many people. Plus with selling items they have a chance to still bring in cash from it.
Old 2011-06-24, 23:26   Link #52
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Now that the game is free, i can finally play it.

BTW, how many Gigabytes is the game and what are the PC Requirements to play it?
Old 2011-06-24, 23:32   Link #53
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Now that the game is free, i can finally play it.

BTW, how many Gigabytes is the game and what are the PC Requirements to play it?
http://store.steampowered.com/app/440/
I can't say what how many GB it takes, the game has been significantly beefed up from it's original size back in 2007...
EDIT: Just checked. If you don't have Half-Life 2, Counter-Strike: Source, etc., it's probably about 10GB of downloading, total.

Quote:
PC System Requirements
Minimum: 1.7 GHz Processor, 512MB RAM, DirectX® 8.1 level Graphics Card (Requires support for SSE), Windows® 7 (32/64-bit)/Vista/XP, Mouse, Keyboard, Internet Connection

Recommended: Pentium 4 processor (3.0GHz, or better), 1GB RAM, DirectX® 9 level Graphics Card, Windows® 7 (32/64-bit)/Vista/XP, Mouse, Keyboard, Internet Connection

Mac System Requirements
Minimum: OS X version Leopard 10.5.8, Snow Leopard 10.6.3, 1GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8 or higher, ATI X1600 or higher, or Intel HD 3000 or higher, Mouse, Keyboard, Internet Connection
Old 2011-06-25, 00:26   Link #54
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze0041 View Post
http://store.steampowered.com/app/440/
I can't say what how many GB it takes, the game has been significantly beefed up from it's original size back in 2007...
EDIT: Just checked. If you don't have Half-Life 2, Counter-Strike: Source, etc., it's probably about 10GB of downloading, total.
WHAT!?

Excuse me, i think i'm going to faint.

Last edited by MrTerrorist; 2011-06-25 at 05:02.
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-25, 01:37   Link #55
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

10 GB!!! *faints*
That number is unreasonable!
Old 2011-06-25, 01:49   Link #56
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
10 GB!!! *faints*
That number is unreasonable!
Are you kidding? That's fine by me. When I did a WoW Beta testing, I had to download patches 2-5 times that size.

Hmmm, if TF2 is like that now, I may finally buy in to Steam. Used to play TF2 in net cafes years ago. How much does a Steam account cost and where/how does one obtain one?

PS. LittleKuriboh did a BRILLIANT one-off special of mixing YGOAbridged with TF2. Meet The Kaiba

That is GOLD!
Old 2011-06-25, 01:53   Link #57
Mr. Wang
Scholar of Yanderes
*Author

Send a message via Yahoo to Mr. Wang
The game has gone through 4 years, and +200 updates since it came out (and no signs of stopping!), so I think that for the time it's been existing, its 10 GB size is sort of justified. In my respective opinion, that is.

Of course, been a player since '08, and ever-loyal to the franchise, so I'd guess I'd be a bit biased anyway...

And Sinner, I'm pretty sure it doesn't cost a thing to make a Steam account... just go on the Steam Store, and click "Install Steam." The install process should give you the opportunity to make an account while you're at it as well.

Oh, and that video is pure gold
Old 2011-06-25, 02:00   Link #58
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

For all of you wanting to try out TF2, please see here for information:
http://www.teamfortress.com/freetoplay/
Fair warning though, there will definitely be other players and admins who may show disdain towards you F2P players (with varying degrees of hostility, such as the blocking of F2P players on some servers). I myself am a little concerned with people trying to abuse the system.
Be sure to do some training before going out there online. I can't stress it enough. Be sure to ask here if you have questions, the Steam user forums are bound to be full of angry people.
Another valuable resource is the official TF2 wiki: wiki.teamfortress.com
Old 2011-06-25, 02:17   Link #59
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

There's a coaching system too, so for the newbies there should be some noble enough folks out there willing to help them get a hang of playing the game.

It's just sad to hear that there's some people blocking out the F2Pers. Really a shame. I'm willing to play with anyone. It's just for fun yeah?

10 gigs is big, but with all the patches and updates over the past 4 years, it's understandable and totally worth it.

And yes the Steam service is a free installation.~

So anybody get any of the new weapons yet? I got Demo's Splendid Screen and Heavy's Eviction Notice. I also had some spare metal and flare gun so I crafted the Detonator as well.

Personally I like the Detonator more cause I can do flare jumps, but the damage taken from explosives buff can be devastating sometimes. x.x
Old 2011-06-25, 02:21   Link #60
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I played TF2 for 2 years. I know what I'm doing. My problem is those net cafes continually randomise the accounts use, so I could never use the same account, even when I'd cleared Pyro or Medic to full items in one night.

I'd pay as per normal if it wasn't for the fact I'm forced to live tight. Managing living expenses of top of anime, manga, merchandise, other games I play and trying to have savings - it adds up.

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2011-06-25 at 03:25.
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote