AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-01-26, 13:39   Link #9861
Homura7

^Pretty much. And it isn't like it happened by chance. Arclight started suspecting Arca after he was informed the chip they retrieved had only half of the data. At that point he didn't have no more trust in her.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-26, 13:42   Link #9862
Kurohane

Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2013-01-26, 13:58   Link #9863
Homura7

Undoubtedly the chip was really important for her. Here's my theory.

The Resistance separated the data in two parts so no one would be one day able to check the content. It's clear, pretty clear Arca never wished for Arclight to have it, that's why she tried her best to have Zakat give her the first part so she would avoid the otherwise unavoidable annihilation of the former Resistance as it ended up happening. Then she let Yamada escape and leave him run far away or die in order to avoid Simeon get their hands on the second chip.

But once she found out her brother had both parts, Arca went nervous, retrieved the first chip in order to not raise any suspiscion towards her and burn Yamada to death to destroy the second chip, and she tried this twice.

But she failed. And once more, she created a means to escape for her brother, this time in Black Market, to allow him survive, but only if he could. So technically speaking, she didn't care if he died or not, she only wanted him to disappear.

And finally, Yamada/Cruz took a decision Arca was not expecting him to. He ended up going to Simeon HQ, all alone. That was the last straw, Arca couldn't stay idly anymore and she had no choice but extract the chip that was implanted in his brains. And then Arclight came and what Arca tried to avoid with all her might happened, leading to her tragic death.

Soon we'll find all the truth behind Arca's actions, but for now all we can do is speculate.
Old 2013-01-26, 14:08   Link #9864
Ynot

Spoiler for spoiler:
Ynot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-27, 20:08   Link #9865
Avvesione

I don't know, I was always under the assumption that Arca had something else in mind when she was going to operate on Cruz besides the hidden datachip. Otherwise, it seems kinda strange that she mentions the right hand of God and the left hand of God there at the end. Think about it like this: "datachip... datachip... datachip... oh, btw, hands of God *death*" versus "something mysterious... something mysterious... something mysterious that you think is about datachip... hands of God as final clue and then *death*".

I think it was played up to be more along the lines so that the datachip would be the focus of the story when in reality, Arca was doing something else. I believe that if it were about the datachip, Aruka would have just hid Cruz somewhere safe like she had intended before with her allowing him to escape. Now, she found it necessary to do something to his body and had prepared the surgical tools, drugs and location ready to do something to him. What it is exactly, we don't know, but whatever it is, I don't believe it's about the datachip.

---

Also, going back to 109
Spoiler:
Old 2013-01-28, 04:59   Link #9866
ShiroiRyu

GENIUS !
The true enemy is here ...
Adam Z ...
And Saten ...
Old 2013-01-28, 05:40   Link #9867
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I'm still a bit confused =.= but well, what I got was still cool.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-28, 14:35   Link #9868
Kurohane

@Avvesione
I'm thinking the same thing. The datachip became the focus after Arclight appeared, but Aruka's actions before don't match up with it. I believe it was intentional to make it seem that both she and him were after the same thing, when in actuality Aruka had something else in mind. After all, she just needed to inject Cruz with whatever was in that syringe. She said herself that he just needed to stay still, but honestly, where was he going, he was bound to a steel table. She knew she was low on time so her just now performing a surgical operation doesn't make sense. Plus, how do we know she is able to do that. No doubt, it will be brought up eventually what she was trying to do.
Old 2013-01-28, 16:45   Link #9869
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
@Avvesione
I'm thinking the same thing. The datachip became the focus after Arclight appeared, but Aruka's actions before don't match up with it. I believe it was intentional to make it seem that both she and him were after the same thing, when in actuality Aruka had something else in mind. After all, she just needed to inject Cruz with whatever was in that syringe. She said herself that he just needed to stay still, but honestly, where was he going, he was bound to a steel table. She knew she was low on time so her just now performing a surgical operation doesn't make sense. Plus, how do we know she is able to do that. No doubt, it will be brought up eventually what she was trying to do.
After read both your and Avvesion post I have to agree and I wonder if Saten know what Arca try to do before get killed and maybe finish what she start.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-28, 18:36   Link #9870
Kurohane

^ That could be part of it.

Man, after finally be able to read the chapter, I can't help but feel bad for Arclight. He thought himself as a god, but in the end, was only a disposable tool.
Old 2013-01-28, 19:03   Link #9871
Homura7

He too got played by the deceiving shadow of the Devil.

Next chapter is definitely the last of his very existence. Riru has her hands full with Setsuna and co., and Gido has Blade and the others kept in check. Plenty to buy enough time and allow Saten finish things off.

Farewell, Arclight. At the end of your long way to achieve godhood you still couldn't become what you so much longed for.
Old 2013-01-28, 19:25   Link #9872
Soji

Kurusu-Shirudo@ I call that Karma,Karma that come back to bite in the butt.

Anyway the only thing sure is that our heros are screw even more that before.....but the again we still not really know what Gido and Saten really want.

But I agree with you about Aa.
Old 2013-01-28, 23:22   Link #9873
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
Kurusu-Shirudo@ I call that Karma,Karma that come back to bite in the butt.

Anyway the only thing sure is that our heros are screw even more that before.....but the again we still not really know what Gido and Saten really want.

But I agree with you about Aa.
Arclight isn't dead yet. He's arrogant and it did cost him, but he's not stupid. I'm going to speculate that we may soon find out what happens when an Adam series and an Eve series combine.

I also have doubts that Gido and Saten's motives are exactly the same. My gut tells me that Saten (obviously the scientist in the flashback) staged the accident for yet unknown reasons. Not sure who is using who though. Also, why wait until now? There were plenty of times to take down Arclight, and I'm not understanding why it was important for Gido to hide, let alone protect Blade and Eve.

Saten's mechanic is different from Arclight's. He only ate the heart, not the whole body. Gido can apparently hide his forehead gem. Blade doesn't exhibit either trait (the eating or the hidden gem), and he can't do Zero. So far it seems Blade is the weakest of the four, which can't be right. And Gido is ridiculously strong. Taking out an Angel in one hit? Geez.

Kasumi raises a whole bunch of questions. How is she alive after all that Eden's Seed? The only explanation is she's a Needless. Also, I'm confused on "her sister". Is Eve her sister, with half of Kasumi's brain? Or is Eve just a clone of her sister, like Riru? Is the fact that Eve didn't have a power until Blade gave her part of his brain the result of her not being "complete" like Riru?

This chapter really showed how similar Cruz looks to Eve and Kasumi. I wasn't sure if this was intentional, but this kind of similarity has been shown before. Remember when Cruz confused Eve with Arca, or when he wore her clothes in the memory world?

Other questions. Where are Uten and Kafka? Is it possible that Set and Solva might still be alive if Arclight is this unstable? Why isn't Mio affected by Black Attraction, or rather, when did Saten use it on the Girls Squad? And is this related to Setsuna's blood cough? What does Gido plan to do to "fix" Kasumi? And of course, the chip. We still don't know what it was really for, unless I missed that explanation somewhere. Of course that raises even more questions about the order of events, and character motives. Like why Arca was a double agent, why the chip was so important to protect, and (as others have discussed) all of the convenience and mystery surrounding Cruz's powers. And this isn't even touching on Ann or why Arclight was actually scared of him.

So many questions. What the heck is Blade and company going to do? The situation actually got worse.
Old 2013-01-29, 04:38   Link #9874
Soji

Solace@ I no thought about that,you right there is a chance that Aa survive thanks Riru and what you say.
The problem is how they can do that ....or better if Saten and the other give them enogh time to do that,afterall Riru still need to deal with the girls squad and even if she defeat them there is still Saten.

Another good point ,why wait until now?
Is because only now all the stigmata but one are togheter ,because Cruz finally awake(but we know there is more thanks Aa reaction on his eyes), is because they have the chip ,because Aa merge with the angel or because both Blade/Cruz group and Aa are in the same room or maybe because all this?
But I agree with you we dont really know who use who for now.

I agree about Kasumi but I get the feeling that Eve is her real sister for the reason that you point out.

Again,I agree about the whole Cruz,Eve and Kasumi thing I even point out that scene that you just remind us.
Is kinda funny that a scene from the start of Needless come back to our mind.

Man I hope the next ch give us some more answer,because like you say (and show) there is many question that need to be answer.
Old 2013-01-29, 09:03   Link #9875
Ynot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
Arclight isn't dead yet. He's arrogant and it did cost him, but he's not stupid. I'm going to speculate that we may soon find out what happens when an Adam series and an Eve series combine.
Arclight and Riru? That worked out pretty good for Arclight in the anime. But if Arclight was so easily dealt with after merging with the second christ's remains and an angel I wonder what difference a fusion with Riru would accomplish. Well strictly speaking Riru was made to be compatible with Arclight so something interesting could happen.

That reminds me of the discussion we used to have here about whether it was possible the Adam in Needless 1.5 was the result of a fusion between Blade and Eve. At the time some pointed out it was strange ANn didn't have Doppleganger if that were the case. But taking the latest chapter into account and let's say half of Eve's brain(the part with doppleganger) was removed earlier that would make sense. Of course that would still raise the question how they'd even be able to fuse without at least one person having Doppleganger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
Is it possible that Set and Solva might still be alive if Arclight is this unstable?
Well they did get chewed on a lot, but I guess the important part is whether their brain isn't destroyed. However if Gido was literal when he said "I was the one who killed Seth and Solva" it would mean they were already dead when they got absorbed.
Ynot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-29, 11:03   Link #9876
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ynot View Post
Arclight and Riru? That worked out pretty good for Arclight in the anime. But if Arclight was so easily dealt with after merging with the second christ's remains and an angel I wonder what difference a fusion with Riru would accomplish. Well strictly speaking Riru was made to be compatible with Arclight so something interesting could happen.
Gido should know about that, so yeah, it wouldn't make a difference when even Arclight's strongest form was dealt with so much ease. I mean, Gido only snapped his fingers and Arclight's body started rotting away.

Quote:
That reminds me of the discussion we used to have here about whether it was possible the Adam in Needless 1.5 was the result of a fusion between Blade and Eve. At the time some pointed out it was strange ANn didn't have Doppleganger if that were the case. But taking the latest chapter into account and let's say half of Eve's brain(the part with doppleganger) was removed earlier that would make sense. Of course that would still raise the question how they'd even be able to fuse without at least one person having Doppleganger.
I've said this many times already. I don't think Adam N. is a fusion of anyone, let alone the fact that in Imai's website there's a picture of Eve two years ahead in time. Lack of Doppelganger makes it pretty evident, may I say.
Old 2013-02-04, 09:43   Link #9877
thor94

Spoiler for cruz/kazumi:
thor94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-04, 10:11   Link #9878
Homura7

I think it's time to brought back an interesting and I may say very important topic that has been bugging us for quite a long time.

I'm sure anyone still recall that time where Blade's insides were exposed after Eve drilled his stomach. At that very instant Disk was dumbfounded. Even for a broker with over 100 years of existence and a lot of knowledge, seeing that was quite a shock.

At the time Blade transferred Eve the Doppelganger he still retained his original shape and nothing abnormal aside from the loss of strenght and capability to learn fragments happened. Yet at that time too, Gido already had joined Triple Six.

I fear Arclight wasn't the only who got played. With each new chapter featuring one twist after another I believe the time to reveal the truth of Blade's modified body is nigh. And trust me, with how Gido as been tricking everyone , it will turn to be nothing good.
Old 2013-02-04, 11:01   Link #9879
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by thor94 View Post
Spoiler for cruz/kazumi:
It is possible but there are other possibilities ......hell from what we know Kazumi herself make him and Aruka(just to say we really not know enough for now).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurusu-Shirudo View Post
I think it's time to brought back an interesting and I may say very important topic that has been bugging us for quite a long time.

I'm sure anyone still recall that time where Blade's insides were exposed after Eve drilled his stomach. At that very instant Disk was dumbfounded. Even for a broker with over 100 years of existence and a lot of knowledge, seeing that was quite a shock.

At the time Blade transferred Eve the Doppelganger he still retained his original shape and nothing abnormal aside from the loss of strenght and capability to learn fragments happened. Yet at that time too, Gido already had joined Triple Six.

I fear Arclight wasn't the only who got played. With each new chapter featuring one twist after another I believe the time to reveal the truth of Blade's modified body is nigh. And trust me, with how Gido as been tricking everyone , it will turn to be nothing good.
I agree with you in this but then again this make me even more curios about the next ch.
Old 2013-02-05, 23:53   Link #9880
Avvesione

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurusu-Shirudo View Post

I'm not so certain about that since I believe that Gido has a slightly favorable opinion of Blade compared to Arclight. Okay, maybe not all that much since he did try to kill him but remember during Eve's Story when Eve effectively died? Blade gave a portion of his brain, the portion with Doppelganger, to save Eve which helped her return to life. Gido said she is like a daughter to him and has probably developed a relationship with Blade since he's lived with him for the past 15-16 years.

On the other hand...

Gido's reaction to Saten made it apparent that Gido had no joined Triple Six yet or at least had not met Saten yet. We know Saten has looked the same for about the past 8 years thanks to Genesis, so it's likely that Gido was free at that time and only concerned himself with taking care of Blade and Eve in the Blackspot. Perhaps whenever he joined Triple Six is when he decided that both Arclight and Blade need no longer to live. And maybe even Riru, too...

Except...

If Gido considers Eve a daughter thanks to her union of Kasumi and Karin, what about Riru? What exactly is her body (or was her body) from the Eve Project? It doesn't seem likely since Eve is Karin with half of Kasumi's brain, so what exactly is Riru considering that the origin of her body is still unknown?

Tags
action, comedy, seinen