AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-05-03, 02:09   Link #6921
Aquaman OS

Wow impressive. They seriously redid alot of the action here. There's nice blocking, dodgeing shooting etc. Not just MS's standing still beam spamming at the screen.

Even the melee slashes are more dynamic.

I'm impressed. If they keep this up for the episodes where the fight animation was truely terrible then some of the later fights might actually become good.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 02:11   Link #6922
Paladinoras
Pancakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefox View Post
yes, but that's a NG, backpack and weapon needs a complete paintjob + you need to repaint a 1/144 HG zaku Phantom body in the right colors to actually get something decent.

I await HG, RG or MG release!!!!!
I dunno about HG/RG/MG, not a big Gunpla fan, but if you look at the item contents, the kit is already blue in color.

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/image/10042572k/50/1

Credit to Godlike1889 for the sig!
Paladinoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 02:28   Link #6923
The American Average
2LMES

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefox View Post
yes, but that's a NG, backpack and weapon needs a complete paintjob + you need to repaint a 1/144 HG zaku Phantom body in the right colors to actually get something decent.

I await HG, RG or MG release!!!!!
Oh, welcome to the "wait for a Model kit that should already have a real MG club". personally i'm waiting for Gaia, Legend/Providence and Akatsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
Wow impressive. They seriously redid alot of the action here. There's nice blocking, dodgeing shooting etc. Not just MS's standing still beam spamming at the screen.
Even the melee slashes are more dynamic.
I'm impressed. If they keep this up for the episodes where the fight animation was truely terrible then some of the later fights might actually become good.
i do hope they keep up with this level of polish, it would really make the fights later on in the series less of a chore to watch. I'm really looking forward to the launches of the destiny gundam i do hope they give it move than the 3 animations it had (shinn sword stab, Destiny finger, WOL dodge slash)

Last edited by The American Average; 2013-05-03 at 02:41.
The American Average is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 02:44   Link #6924
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladinoras View Post
I dunno about HG/RG/MG, not a big Gunpla fan, but if you look at the item contents, the kit is already blue in color.

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/image/10042572k/50/1
Well, tbh, if you’re a true Gunpla modeller, you’ll say that NG 1/144 Slash Zaku will need a complete paint-job to make it looks decent because simply coloring the minor details just won’t work with that kit. You need to re-do everything.

Just to make it clearer, the example they provided in the manual of the kit is the one which already totally re-painted by a professional (yes, even the blue color):

When it’s unpainted, the kit looks (quite frankly) like crap.
Old 2013-05-03, 04:18   Link #6925
Skye629

@all the above about the Slash Zaku

The NG sucks, no getting around it......

I wont mind a HG or a NG 1/100 model.....but alas....we probably wont get one as it only appeared for this one episode if I recall (oh wait on second thought also during the AF preemptive nuclear strike on the PLANTS following this, Heine's Zaku too)
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 11:31   Link #6926
S.Freedom

To bad the speech about Athrun's father screws with his head. Seriously that's how Durandal got to him in the first place. By playing on his daddy issues and making him think joining ZAFT was the only way to make things right.

Though I always did like the interplay between Yzak/Athrun and to a lesser extent Dearka. To bad they could play that up any by adding dialogue. Which sadly means Shiho is relegated to side character status with no lines.

Which reminds me, shouldn't she have been part of this episode somewhere? Yet I don't think I saw her anywhere.
S.Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 13:22   Link #6927
Destined_Fate

Ah this episode.

Lunamaria managed to fight the Gaia on even ground despite the huge differences between their mecha, really loved when she tricked Stellar than kicked the Gaia in the face. Athrun did good too but he didn't go completely monster on them until he teamed up with Yzak and the utterly demolished the the other two Gundams. Real shame that we wont be seeing more of Yzak's awesome skills but it's understandable as he's not just a pilot anymore but a Leader.

It really does show how experience and training make a huge difference even if the untrained druggie/pod sleeper has far better mecha.

Shinn really showed great skill here too and at the last moment when he fluidly cut off Athrun's Zaku's leg, kicked the guy away, than dragged Athrun away was well done. Really showed his potential isn't even beginning to be tapped with how fast he has progressed already.

-

Durandal is a master when it comes to Daddy Issues.

Look at how he managed to manipulate Athrun, Shinn, and Rey because of their issues. >_>
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 14:32   Link #6928
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Ah this episode.

Lunamaria managed to fight the Gaia on even ground despite the huge differences between their mecha, really loved when she tricked Stellar than kicked the Gaia in the face. Athrun did good too but he didn't go completely monster on them until he teamed up with Yzak and the utterly demolished the the other two Gundams. Real shame that we wont be seeing more of Yzak's awesome skills but it's understandable as he's not just a pilot anymore but a Leader.

It really does show how experience and training make a huge difference even if the untrained druggie/pod sleeper has far better mecha.

Shinn really showed great skill here too and at the last moment when he fluidly cut off Athrun's Zaku's leg, kicked the guy away, than dragged Athrun away was well done. Really showed his potential isn't even beginning to be tapped with how fast he has progressed already.

-

Durandal is a master when it comes to Daddy Issues.

Look at how he managed to manipulate Athrun, Shinn, and Rey because of their issues. >_>
druggie from Destiny a lot weaker than druggie from seed even
(druggie training not same as normal training sine they put them in life and death situation and only survivor can advance)
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 14:37   Link #6929
Destined_Fate

They're very inexperienced for sure and to have to face a vet like Athrun and Yzak already? No amount of drugs or simulations could have prepared them to fight the best Veterans of the last war outside Kira who wasn't there.
Old 2013-05-03, 14:42   Link #6930
Gundamx

Quote:
They're very inexperienced for sure and to have to face a vet like Athrun and Yzak already? No amount of drugs or simulations could have prepared them to fight the best Veterans of the last war outside Kira who wasn't there.
1- seed druggie they fight Kira and Athrun on even ground

Quote:
No amount of drugs or simulations could have prepared them to fight the best Veterans of the last war outside Kira who wasn't there.
2- do you mean that they can only beat Kira?
last I check he crush everyone of them like trash...
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 14:47   Link #6931
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Quote:
The first generation extended humans were also inexperienced. (The invasion of Orb was the first field test) But they were much better pilots then the 2nd generation from the start. Why Athrun didn't just walk over them in Destiny like Kira did is still a mystery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
Not exactly even, but pretty close.. Athrun and Kira together were a little better..

Quote:
I don't think that's what he meant.
Old 2013-05-03, 14:53   Link #6932
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

The first generation of Extendeds, when they actually got their heads out of their asses and worked together, were able to put Kira on the ropes when he had the Freedom. Sure, the technology of their mobile suits helped there, but it wasn't everything. The technology couldn't give them that teamwork.
Old 2013-05-03, 15:01   Link #6933
wredsa

To me, Auel was the best Extended. He had the best mech of the druggies and had a very bold personality.
wredsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 15:19   Link #6934
The American Average
2LMES

Quote:
How are the 3 gundams any better than the Zaku Suits? aren't all the zaft suits within the same ball park when it comes to combat, its just the gundams are more versatile in any situation.
Old 2013-05-03, 15:28   Link #6935
monster

With the Biological CPUs, at least two can go after the Freedom at the same time while the third has enough fire power to take shots from farther away. At the same time, their instability might've made them a bit less predictable.

On the other hand, the Extendeds had the potential of better teamwork, but it didn't help that their mobile suits are too specialized on Earth. Forcing them to fight separately makes it easier for Kira to defeat them one by one.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 16:15   Link #6936
Destined_Fate

It's a Gundam. >_>

It's like saying a Zaku is better than Original Gundam when it isn't by far. The Gelgog, which came later, was on par with a Gundam but a Zaku Warrior? That's a grunt mecha, you aren't going to see it do anything good(especially in an anime like SEED) outside skilled named pilots.

Quote:

Umm..

You misinterpreted everything I said.

I said other than Kira because he literally was not there. The other vets were there that can still fight. Yzak, Dearka, and Athrun.

The druggies/sleep podlings were trained to be killer machines but they lack experience and the drive that pushed the originals who were tortured unless they gave results.
Old 2013-05-03, 16:33   Link #6937
Aquaman OS

Outside the Nuclear Gundams, the Zaku Warriors aren't that inferior to the second stage Gundams. Their specs might be slightly inferior but they can damage and block their attacks just as well with their beam weaponry. Their biggest problem is they are used by grunts who in CE aren't so much not skilled as not allowed fight choreography so they do nothing but sit in one spot fire blindly and die.
It's not like in MSG where the Zaku 2's couldn't damage the Gundam so matter how many cockpit bulleyes they made and a shot from the Gundam would take out 2 Zaku's at a time.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 16:38   Link #6938
The American Average
2LMES

Quote:
It's a Gundam. >_>

It's like saying a Zaku is better than Original Gundam when it isn't by far. The Gelgog, which came later, was on par with a Gundam but a Zaku Warrior? That's a grunt mecha, you aren't going to see it do anything good(especially in an anime like SEED) outside skilled named pilots.
well really? didn't the chaos get shot down by a murasame, and aren't all the grunt suits technologically the same? murasame=windam=zaku
Old 2013-05-03, 17:16   Link #6939
Destined_Fate

Eh. Gundam got trashed by Zaku's at the start than later made mince meat out of countless numbers of them. The Gundam wasn't any weaker when it first started, the pilot was just not skilled than.

The Chaos was shown to take repeated heavy damage and survive while we've seen Mursame, Windam, and Zaku Warriors get one shot by the dozen for explosions.
Old 2013-05-03, 17:32   Link #6940
The American Average
2LMES

the strength of the grunts changes for plot convenience. if they need to be Leo strong it will be if they need them to be Grunt (Unicorn ova) strong they will be.

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep