AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2007-11-07, 01:13   Link #21
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key View Post
Why not just get both so you don't have to go through this grueling, decision process? xD
Life is about choosing XD. It's no fun if the only way you can go is straight forward.
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-07, 01:16   Link #22
FullMetal Alchemist
A faded memory...

Send a message via AIM to FullMetal Alchemist
I have an original DS, red. I was thinking about getting a DS Lite. I didn't like how, when you put in a GBA game, the game sticks halfway out! I still like the orignal DS.

I have a white PSP. I don't really play it much. I have a few movies. Also, I have a few SD cards with music on them. So, it works out for music, movies, and games.

I think that I would pick the PSP. But the DS comes really close.
FullMetal Alchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-07, 07:10   Link #23
mist2123
Banned

Send a message via AIM to mist2123
PsP cuz u can play Pirated games XD
mist2123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-13, 00:02   Link #24
Sassarai
Army of One

FFIV remake for the DS!
Sassarai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-13, 19:02   Link #25
Medalist
Infie
*Fansubber

PSP = PlayStation Portable.

Now read that, it's just a portable or handheld PS2, Don't expect hardly any innovation besides it's portability.
Medalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-14, 13:38   Link #26
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medalist View Post
PSP = PlayStation Portable.

Now read that, it's just a portable or handheld PS2, Don't expect hardly any innovation besides it's portability.
Sure as everyone can see the video capacities of a DS is equivalent to the PSP for exemple ...

or not.

FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-14, 23:33   Link #27
RurouniEX

I had both a Nintendo DS and Sony PSP for awhile. I got kinda bored with the Nintendo DS after awhile though... I don't know, just wasn't my style of system I guess...

The PSP is nice because it allows me to have two things that I love with me at all times: Music and Games. Although I mostly use my PSP for music when I'm on the go walking around town, it's nice to have a good game to play while waiting in line at conventions or during gaps between my classes at school. My current obsession with the PSP has been playing Guilty Gear though. LOVE THAT GAME!
RurouniEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-15, 10:43   Link #28
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRS View Post
Sure as everyone can see the video capacities of a DS is equivalent to the PSP for exemple ...

or not.

Sorry, I'm too busy having fun playing games!
Old 2007-11-15, 13:37   Link #29
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

I say get an PSP because off all the neat functions it has
But if ur an Final Fantasy Whore like me get the DS has all the final fantasy's coming out XD
Old 2007-11-15, 21:01   Link #30
Tornix
The Evil Twin

Send a message via ICQ to Tornix Send a message via AIM to Tornix Send a message via Yahoo to Tornix
Man, hard decision indeed. I've got both but play my PSP more often. I think it's because of the better homebrew scene (as far as emulators go, at least).

I'd say to just look at what games from both systems you'd want to play most and decide from there.
Old 2007-11-16, 00:01   Link #31
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

I have no loyalties to platforms - mine kinda lie in franchises. When a game comes out, I usually think "oh boy, now I need to get my hands on that system".

I'm enjoying the PSP at the moment, and with custom firmware, the neat additional things one can do is a very satisfying experience. I find that when I'm not in the mood to read a book, I curl up on the couch to play it for hours at a time.
However, if you commute, I find the DS to be more appropriate to fill in the time. If price is an issue, I would consider the DS since the cost of the system is relatively cheaper. Games for both platforms tend to be about the same in terms of pricing.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-16, 00:28   Link #32
Virtue
Banned

I find DS to be more popular for all ages.
Virtue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-16, 20:05   Link #33
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
Sorry, I'm too busy having fun playing games!
Like i am not ? please at least use rational arguments.
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-17, 10:47   Link #34
WolfCoder
wolfen programmer

Send a message via AIM to WolfCoder Send a message via MSN to WolfCoder Send a message via Yahoo to WolfCoder
For every 40 DS games I would find fun, there is only 1 PSP game at even looks somewhat fun. Eh, still don't feel like getting one.
WolfCoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-17, 12:00   Link #35
kingsky123
Higurashi fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mist2123 View Post
PsP cuz u can play Pirated games XD
R4 Much ? :3.

imo get a DS, however if you prefer something with alot of functions and bigger screen + gfx = psp
kingsky123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-17, 13:11   Link #36
Daiz
Pioneer in Fansub 2.0

Well, I own a PSP and have a 4GB stick to go with it. Haven't regretted my purchase even once, since it was actually cheaper than what a DS+R4/M3+1GB microSD combination would have cost here.

With custom firmware, the PSP is basically a portable entertainment center. I use it mainly to play games, read manga, watch anime and browse internet from WiFi hotspots, in this order. I own a decent amount of PSP games, I have also converted some of my old PS1 games for my PSP (PS1 emulation can be also done without custom firmware, unlike someone else said in this thread), and I also spend time with emulators, mainly SNES and GBA. I use PSPComic to read manga with PSP. Watching anime with PSP is also very enjoyable, and since it uses H.264+AAC in MP4 as the default format for videos, the episodes don't take much space from the stick either (one episode is usually around 40-70MB converted) and it looks very good too. You can even turn softsubs into hardsubs pretty easily when converting.

So I'd say that PSP is a great purchase, if you're into homebrew, since you can do so much with it. And there are lots of great PSP games out nowadays too.

Of course, DS has some great games too, and it's a shame that I won't be able to play some of them, but never have felt that I made the wrong decision when I bought my PSP. Maybe I'll get a DS someday to go with my PSP, but for now, my PSP is plenty enough for me.
Daiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-17, 20:00   Link #37
NakedAngelX

DS all the way!! Fun games, awesome graphics, innovative and most important.. LONG battery life!!! (I played DQMJ for 6 hours straight without recharging batter) Get a R4 and you're set life on DS. With tales of innocence, DQ9 & KH coming, what more can you ask for hehe

A couple more neat stuffs are the homebrews. NDS calculator that can even plot graphs, dictionary(chinese,jap,kor,eng etc), NES games, movies etc...
Old 2007-11-29, 14:06   Link #38
CheoChiem

Send a message via AIM to CheoChiem Send a message via MSN to CheoChiem
You can play music and such on the ds as well and home brewed games i have a psp and a ds i would say ds would have more better "fun" games and for the psp I use it for final fantasy games ect.
CheoChiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-29, 17:48   Link #39
Flame-X
Anti-fan

i just got my DS lite the zelda phantom hourglass limited edition. i freakin love it. im glad i sold my psp.
Old 2007-12-17, 04:43   Link #40
Mistacloudstrife
"I'll cut them off..."

I think it all depends on what games you like. I've owned both handhelds and ended selling my DS because I didn't like alot of the games. The PSP's graphics are far superior to the DS' as well. Alot of people tend to say that the DS' game library is way more fun, but I think otherwise. I only liked the Castlevania series and some of the first party Nintendo games. As for my PSP, I ended up getting a ton of games that I love. Alot of PS RPGs were ported so I ended up getting Valkyrie Profile, Tales of Eternia(US Tales of Destiny 2), Breath of Fire 3, and Final Fantasy Tactics. And as for non ported games, I got MGS PO, MGA, Lumines, Rengoku, Loco Roco, GTA LCS, and Blade Dancer. And the rest are Initial D Street Stage(ported arcade game), Parappa the Rapper, The Legend of Heroes games, Tekken, and Hot Shots Golf.

And for those who said the Ds are getting the Final Fantasy games, the PSP has FF, FFII, and FF Tactics. And they're getting Dissidia Final Fantasy, and Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core.

And MAYBE if we're lucky enough, we might get Suikoden I&II and Star Ocean.

But if you're impatient you could always just mod your PSP and get those yourself. =P

And as for Nintendo's "innovation". Does anyone ever recall something called the Power Glove? And remember the DS isn't the first hardware to apply a touch screen with a game, nor was it the first hardware to apply two screens with a game. It was the first to apply the touch screen and another non touch screen to a game. Very innovative. The Wii... well the Power Glove comment above says it all. Nintendo has been trying new things for a while, and have failed time and time again, but only recently did the "something new" actually succeed. I for one think it's all a fad. I seriously doubt the new generation is going to be super motion activated mega ultra high speed infrared bluetooth high octane controllers.

If nintendo goes far enough with this so called "innovation" then we might as well carry a real sword and shield, and hit something with it. =P

And no, I'm not a Nintendo hater, nor a Sony fanboy.(I was raised on the nes, playing FF and Ninja Turtles) I just think the hype the DS and Wii get is laughable.