AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2009-02-02, 06:53   Link #21
jwai

The Walking Church got destroyed by Touma in the first episode.
jwai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-02, 07:25   Link #22
ken_FF
剱冑の理、ここに在り

Send a message via Yahoo to ken_FF
It's still the walking church but it doesn't function as a barrier anymore. Just look at the pins Index use to keep her robe from falling off her.
Old 2009-02-02, 08:30   Link #23
Bordix

So, the walking church is a barrier thing? Can't those church guys cast that barrier again? or is it a rare/one time spell thing?
Old 2009-02-02, 22:47   Link #24
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Touma should stop solo'ing all those bosses and let index help him. It should make his life easier and can lessen his hospital bills. I wish she would use that grimoire magic of hers again, I recalled there were so destructive
Nah, the doctor seems to treat him for free since he's somewhat of a regular now

Also, even with Touma's knowledge of Index powers there's no way he would want get her involved, wait, no need for that, he doesn't even want Index to know what he has been through. Remember how he saved Mikoto even though she doesn't need his help and was pissed off at him for that.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-09, 16:28   Link #25
Miraluka
Banned

Finally found the thread.. meh! I just was lazy to search it....

Well I have a bit crazy therory: What if Index and Aleister Crowley are relatives??
Both of them have physical resemblances and both were skilled magicians(Index lost her magic ornament and doesn't now she can and Aleister dropped his magic to join the science).
Also mages can be born with a bloodline like the Tsuchimikado family which are descendants of Abe no Senmei, onmyodos, right?
For me Index is like Crowley before he dumped his abilities in the magic side.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-09, 19:39   Link #26
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Mages are made, not born, btw. :P
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-09, 19:50   Link #27
Miraluka
Banned

But there is Tsuchimikado family right?? and if I'm not wrong Motoharu is the last magician of his clan. BTW, why she is the only one who can deal with those grimoires??? Yamisaki was near to explode his body in blood just watching one of them :S.

Last edited by Miraluka; 2010-01-09 at 20:01.
Old 2010-01-09, 20:34   Link #28
tsunade666

Makes her a special container and having that ability to memorize every bit of information she see just even once is a good way to memorize those diabolic books.

Wait tsuchimikado is born from a seimei clan? I always though his just some sis con complex but he got back grounds to back him up. Well not surprising because he just blow a whole house away with a single spell before.

I wish I had one for used on those stupid texts books.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-09, 21:16   Link #29
Miraluka
Banned

Even the Tsuchimikado family existed IRL.
Old 2010-01-10, 07:38   Link #30
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Another explaination could be that Index is one of those 'Talents', like a Saint, but not quite.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-10, 11:58   Link #31
Miraluka
Banned

Maybe, but which kind of telented human?? She is not a saint neither a gemstone right?

IMHO when I saw for first time the OP Psi-Missing I thought the guy in the tube(Aleister) was Index's mother =3=U.
Old 2010-01-10, 19:17   Link #32
babohtea

A bit off the current discussion but:
Is Index X Style a possibility in the series? It's implied that Style had feelings for her before but has Style completely given up on Index or is Index completely oblivious to Style?
babohtea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-10, 21:48   Link #33
Dark Paladin X

I really enjoyed Index's running gag where she bites Touma, particularly some of Touma's perverted moments. She's quite an enjoyable character, and a big eater for a nun.

Spoiler for Index, episode 23:

If To Aru Majutsu no Index were to be dubbed, I would go with Monica Rial to voice this character. However, that would only be possible if Funimation picks it up, and my ideas uses voice actors from California. In the case if Viz Media or Bang Zoom! picks it up, I would go with Kate Higgins.

Spoiler for episode 22?:
Dark Paladin X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 09:16   Link #34
Miraluka
Banned

Do you have a video/audio to hear Monica Rial or Kate Higgins?.
Old 2010-01-11, 12:34   Link #35
tsunade666

............. I can't relate....... I don't know a single one among those girls or have any idea on it. I have watch dubbed ones and have dvd of it but I don't know a single one of them.

Styl and Index......... Styl has given up on index. But still obsessed with it to the point if index is in danger he should be around and if index is crying or sad he will scorch touma.

He knows index is happy and just be it his happy as well. That's all important to him and doesn't want to destroy it.

And as for talent. You can tell that her ability to memorize everything she see is talent unless the word talent in index has more to it that normal meaning of talent.
Old 2010-01-11, 18:27   Link #36
babohtea

Eh, Are you sure he actually gave up though? Index might not be happy with Touma if it ends up that he doesn't "choose" her, if you know what I mean.
Old 2010-01-11, 19:24   Link #37
Miraluka
Banned

Althought he doesn't like the idea he said: "she is an objective to protect not to charm".
Old 2010-01-11, 19:50   Link #38
babohtea

The general feeling in the anime is that Style was just saying that, but Touma could tell he really still loved Index. Style was stuttering, and Touma sort of gave a knowing look and chuckle and let the topic drop.

I guess thats all subject to the anime. Another reason why I prefer animes over translated LN's. It's easier to understand the subtleties.
Old 2010-01-12, 04:18   Link #39
tsunade666

STYL MAGNUS STILL LIKES OR LOVE OR LOVELOVE INDEX!!!!!! I can guarantee that 100%

But that's the from the start of the story. As it goes. I just see him protecting her older sister. ( yap you read this older. This cigarette priest is 14 and the loli sister is about 16 same age as touma )

Plus in the volume of I think its 9 or 10 but the part of daihaseisai or cultural festival. He become close to another loli chara but still again older one.... guest what its a loli teacher.
Old 2010-01-12, 08:50   Link #40
Miraluka
Banned

Styil.... a guy who is younger than his look and Komoe... an "adult" who looks younger than she looks ... XD
Yeah, many people believes Index is a minor even more with her outfit.... I founf a image from the artist from the novels(Kiyotaka Haimura) with Index using a casual clothes.

...and Mikoto still uses her trademark clothes .

Last edited by Miraluka; 2010-01-12 at 09:05.