AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Old 2010-04-09, 14:00   Link #1
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Where is the "Requests for new threads" thread in Current/Older Series?

I wanted to ask some staff to open the "Hime Chen! Otogi Chikku Idol Lilpri" thread, but there was no request thread. I tried searching it with the search, but no success....

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 14:30   Link #2
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Is there an option there for you to create a New Thread yourself? If not, I'm sure that the Upcoming Series forum does allow thread creation so in this one case if you create the thread there I can move it for you.

The admins will be able to look into this in more detail and adjust the permissions as needed.
Old 2010-04-09, 14:56   Link #3
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

The button is there but the forum permission has been changed so new threads can not be created. The message is the same as all the series sub-forums (ie. "this forum is limited blah blah"). I do not believe there is any issue with limiting the forum, the problem is the error message makes mention of Requests for new threads, which in that context makes no sense.
Old 2010-04-09, 16:00   Link #4
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
The button is there but the forum permission has been changed so new threads can not be created. The message is the same as all the series sub-forums (ie. "this forum is limited blah blah"). I do not believe there is any issue with limiting the forum, the problem is the error message makes mention of Requests for new threads, which in that context makes no sense.
Ah, okay. Thanks for the info.

Like I said, for now someone should be able to go ahead and create a thread in the Upcoming section, and we'll just move it. We'll figure out what the permanent solution is soon.
Old 2010-04-13, 19:55   Link #5
Kudryavka

How do admins decide which Current Series get displayed on the front page?
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-13, 20:15   Link #6
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
How do admins decide which Current Series get displayed on the front page?
Its a secret. Since knowing it will just lead to people trying to abuse it (and begging, and crying).

But anyway, intuitively a important factor is a series gets a lot of "the right attention" from the community. Its not random.
Old 2010-07-23, 12:49   Link #7
Suomi
Kaiba

Sailor Moon discussion under Older anime

Um...I didn't see the "request new threads" sticky there...so I am putting this here...if it's in the wrong place I'm sorry. >.<

So...I noticed there isn't a sailor moon series discussion in older anime, maybe it's not popular enough, but I would like to see one...even though some would say I'm a bit old for the show inside I'm still a fan of it... *sweatdrop*
Old 2010-07-23, 13:39   Link #8
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

By turning to the Machine Spirits and humbly requesting their assistance with my menial tasks, the great Search Engine humbled me with it's aid and revealed the hidden Sailor Moon and Sailor Moon R (series 1 & 2) thread to my clouded vision.
Old 2010-07-23, 14:35   Link #9
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sworn to Believe View Post
Um...I didn't see the "request new threads" sticky there...so I am putting this here...if it's in the wrong place I'm sorry. >.<

So...I noticed there isn't a sailor moon series discussion in older anime, maybe it's not popular enough, but I would like to see one...even though some would say I'm a bit old for the show inside I'm still a fan of it... *sweatdrop*
There's a bug in the way we have set up the Older and Current Anime Discussion forums in as much that when you try and create a new thread it will not let you and suggests that you post in the (non-existent) Request for new threads sticky asking for a new thread to be created.

Quote:
If you think a good discussion topic is missing, please let us know by posting in the "Requests for new threads" sticky
In general I would suggest new threads be created in the Upcoming Series and then request the thread to be moved. You can make use of the Report button and report your own post asking for the thread to be moved (this is acceptable use of the Report feature so don't worry you will not get in trouble by doing so ).

Of course, in this case there seemed to be an existing thread in the correct forum already. Before creating a new discussion thread, please search to see if there is an existing thread you could make your post. We prefer that topics are grouped together since it helps maintain focus and doesn't clutter up the forum.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-09, 15:56   Link #10
tyciol
*Artist

So how do we suggest a new thread be created for an older series? I guess I'll just PM you? =P
tyciol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-09, 16:34   Link #11
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyciol View Post
So how do we suggest a new thread be created for an older series? I guess I'll just PM you? =P
If you read xris' post carefully you'll see he slipped the answer in the middle:
Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
In general I would suggest new threads be created in the Upcoming Series and then request the thread to be moved. You can make use of the Report button and report your own post asking for the thread to be moved (this is acceptable use of the Report feature so don't worry you will not get in trouble by doing so ).
However...
Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
There's a bug in the way we have set up ...
It was actually like that by design, because of the way we used to use the forums as section headers rather than actual forums. It would be trivial to re-open them to user post, doing so would avoid the whole "report and move" process. I'll make the change in a short while if I can't find a good reason not to. Ah, I've just remembered why it isn't so trivial...
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-09, 23:48   Link #12
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Wouldn't be easier for you mods to limit 'Upcoming Series' sub-forum as well and then make 'Request for new threads'. I can't but think you chose the harder way, you have to watch over forum and check each new thread and then you have to search it your self so it's not a double thread, then you have to move it to the right sub-forum or delete the whole thread.

Last edited by milan kyuubi; 2010-11-10 at 00:37.
milan kyuubi is offline   Reply With Quote