AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-10-03, 08:09   Link #2141
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Ichika and Cecilia's stats suck! But why's Ichika's melee and speed stat so high? I haven't seen him win a single fight in the novels and the closest there is is volume 6 where he threatens two guys harassing Charlotte and I doubt either of those two can fight very well. Rin and Houki should be higher than him in the melee list since Houki has kendo training and Rin has CQC training, Laura should also be higher than him considering she was able to dodge those robbers bullets.

What do you think of the retcons? Should I leave him as is or do the retcons?
My listing is in terms of Pilot + I.S. capability. Therefore, the combination of them, does not list what happened outside.
Old 2011-10-03, 08:11   Link #2142
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Ichika and Cecilia's stats suck! But why's Ichika's melee and speed stat so high? I haven't seen him win a single fight in the novels and the closest there is is volume 6 where he threatens two guys harassing Charlotte and I doubt either of those two can fight very well. Rin and Houki should be higher than him in the melee list since Houki has kendo training and Rin has CQC training, Laura should also be higher than him considering she was able to dodge those robbers bullets.

What do you think of the retcons? Should I leave him as is or do the retcons?
Well, he could have beaten Ling, until the Golem came duting first shift. He lost during the second shift against Ling because his battery life sucks and for w.e reason, he's relying too much on his Setsura for shielding.

Laura was always the best of the harem.

Charles is pretty much overally skilled in everything. The shotgun and knifes for close range, sniping. Manuevering

Houki....is just a somewhat OK pilot in a very powerful mech, nothing more, nothing less.

Tatenashi pretty much trumps them all, and add charisma bonus.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-03, 08:15   Link #2143
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Tatenashi pretty much trumps them all, and add charisma bonus.
Which pretty much Scream Balance Breaker.
Old 2011-10-03, 08:24   Link #2144
Eratas123

@ ZeroXSEED and Blitz- Can you please tell me if doing the retcon is a good idea? I'm already writing chapter 4 and I need to change the Irish, Kyuukai and Ichika scenes depending on wether I do the retcon or not.

Btw- Tatenashi IS a balance breaker but what do you mean Charisma bonus?
Eratas123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-03, 08:28   Link #2145
blitz1/2

Quote:
@ ZeroXSEED and Blitz- Can you please tell me if doing the retcon is a good idea? I'm already writing chapter 4 and I need to change the Irish, Kyuukai and Ichika scenes depending on wether I do the retcon or not.

Btw- Tatenashi IS a balance breaker but what do you mean Charisma bonus?
She has that royal aura bonus. xD

I guess Remilia Scarlet can be a good comparison (until her charisma breaks lol)

Old 2011-10-03, 08:50   Link #2146
Eratas123

*Sigh* I guess I'll just do the retcon then, wish me luck you guys!

Side note- Tatenashi doesn't seem very Charismatic Ichika thinks she's troublesome, the entire harem's either jealous of her or don't like her that much and her own sister suffers from an extreme case of green eyed monster
Old 2011-10-03, 09:15   Link #2147
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Does Karon go on any missions? If she does then I can pair the two together and she'd be given his dossier explaining his former..."line of work" so to speak, I'm guessing you'd want to tell your operatives about who they're teammates are and especially if they're background isn't spotless.
Technically she isn't supposed to take missions. She hasn't graduated, there's other Metroids for that. However, when the previous Raionman squad was defeated by Phantom Task, the previous LionRed's final act was to send their Powerclaws to the ISA so that it would not fall into the hands of PT. The 5 controllers ended up with Karon and 4 other members of her class no one expected. Ever since they used it to activate the GouRaion armored stratos equalizers and revealing their ISper status, the Metroid Sports Council decided to use them as the next generation of Lions. Their selling point instead of skill would be their "total amateur underdogs stepping up to save the day".

Their "missions" for the Sports Council however is just participating in the IS Premier League. There are a huge variety of events they are involved in, from usual duels to war games to races to idols.

And being Raionman, they too have a weekly show to be in...

You know what Tiger & Bunny, and Hero TV is?

Imagine that, but with IS.

It is Tabane's brainchild, backed-up by Interpol and the biggest cable networks on the planet of course.

So I can't see Irish participating in any of Raionman's missions as such, if they are even considered missions.
Old 2011-10-03, 09:33   Link #2148
Eratas123

@MeisterBabylon- I'm honestly surprised the government isn't taking advantage of the fact that thse people can read minds and would be an asset on the battlefield. They don't even have to fight, theybcan hang back or fly around in their suits as mission and tactical support.

The Organizations I'm using in my fic tend not to have toi high standards in regards to who fights; Kyuukai was made squad leader when he was only 15 and Irish is being blackmailed to do missions for them despite being only 14 and a criminal to boot just because he's a good hacker and infiltrator, part of the deconstruction is that they expect these guys to act professional despite the fact that they're hormone addled teenagers.

You mentioned that Karon likes fighting so nobody else has to, is it possible for her to offer her assistance? Like I said, they aren't picky, so they'd probably use her powers to get a tactical advantage anyway they can. What do you think?

Btw- Thanks for taking the time to answer all these questions, your fanfic sounds complex and it sounds like it's gonna be awesome!
Old 2011-10-03, 10:13   Link #2149
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Thanks! Now if only I could find time to write it out...

Quote:
@MeisterBabylon- I'm honestly surprised the government isn't taking advantage of the fact that thse people can read minds and would be an asset on the battlefield. They don't even have to fight, theybcan hang back or fly around in their suits as mission and tactical support.
Wiki for Project Stargate run by the CIA in the 1960s. This is why no government ever wants to go near psykers until they have proof it exists.

Right now, its just a claim and still being studied. And when IS cannot be used in war, Metropolis runs the ISpers they find in all sorts of events and gathers telometry about their abilities from there. A lot of governments are after such things covertly as well, so in a sense while on the surface its a lovely tournament, its as dirty as it gets underneath.

Karon may one day find her ideals stretched...

Quote:
The Organizations I'm using in my fic tend not to have toi high standards in regards to who fights; Kyuukai was made squad leader when he was only 15 and Irish is being blackmailed to do missions for them despite being only 14 and a criminal to boot just because he's a good hacker and infiltrator, part of the deconstruction is that they expect these guys to act professional despite the fact that they're hormone addled teenagers.

You mentioned that Karon likes fighting so nobody else has to, is it possible for her to offer her assistance? Like I said, they aren't picky, so they'd probably use her powers to get a tactical advantage anyway they can. What do you think?
Interesting idea. Though it would be more a reason for her to report their existence to her superiors so that she can personally go kick the organizations' asses then haul them to justice. And given her Raionman contract, its going to be on TV with a 2h delayed telecast.

And probably has a few speeches for both Irish and Kyuukai about hope and justice and being a real man (like her brother was). You know, like those Gundam pilots before 00.

If they stick to their guns, then she's just gonna have to shatter that illusion with her powerfist!

Oh the crack invasion.
Old 2011-10-03, 16:35   Link #2150
Eratas123

@MeisterBabylon- Sorry to say but she can't do shit to FRACTURE it's a completely legal organization and it's members are heroes who fought in the second all out IS war, reporting them to her superiors isn't gonna do anything. The only thing unethical about them is that they seem to have no qualms about using child soldiers

Besides, Kyuukai was born and raised there which means that he has been trained extensively, They are blackmailing Irish but considering his checkered past nobody's really gonna bat an eye at it.

Kyuukai probably wouldn't try to fight her since he's mostly heroic and tries to avoid conflict. Irish on the other hand might try to fight her if she does try anything which might garner bad publicity since it'll look like an IS pilot is trying to beat down a bog standard human. Actually I can use that idea, can I have Karon do this? I don't wan't to do anything with her character without your permission.

Speaking of that, I can imagine how a speech is gonna go if she tries to do it.

Karon: What are you doing! Can't you act like a real man and make your own decisions?

Irish: ...(Raises chaff grenade and throws it at her)

Karon: What are you doing!? Can't you see your outmatched?

Irish: Who makes a speech when they're fighting? It just gives an enemy a chance to shoot you, so shut up and fight.
Old 2011-10-03, 17:32   Link #2151
DarkJak2050

Hey guys, I got a question.

I know that I'm going to be way ahead of myself, but should I have my OCs go to IS Academy later on in Project Silverback?

In fact, I have a little something for it right here.

Spoiler for IS Academy scene:

Last edited by DarkJak2050; 2011-10-03 at 22:49.
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-03, 18:23   Link #2152
Eratas123

@ Darkjak- No need to worry about getting ahead of yourself here As long as you plan to continue your fanfic then it doesn't matter how far ahead you plan Me amd meisterbabylon are already thinking and posting different ideas even if we haven't written that far ahead either. We're posting for all in good fun.
Old 2011-10-03, 18:35   Link #2153
blitz1/2

Quote:
@ Darkjak- No need to worry about getting ahead of yourself here As long as you plan to continue your fanfic then it doesn't matter how far ahead you plan Me amd meisterbabylon are already thinking and posting different ideas even if we haven't written that far ahead either. We're posting for all in good fun.
hehheh. At least you aren't getting a mindf*ck like me, where I basically go here's plot a, oh not dark enough, ok plot b, hmm doesn't meet expectations, plot C. Oh why not, make plot a darker with elements of plot b?

Old 2011-10-03, 18:43   Link #2154
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
@MeisterBabylon- Sorry to say but she can't do shit to FRACTURE it's a completely legal organization and it's members are heroes who fought in the second all out IS war, reporting them to her superiors isn't gonna do anything. The only thing unethical about them is that they seem to have no qualms about using child soldiers
Here's the problem... There never was an all-out IS war in my fanon. Karon's character just doesn't work once such a piece of world history exists...

But for child-soldiers... Metropolis is not above that, just that so far there hasn't been a reason to send kids to fight...

Quote:
Besides, Kyuukai was born and raised there which means that he has been trained extensively, They are blackmailing Irish but considering his checkered past nobody's really gonna bat an eye at it.

Kyuukai probably wouldn't try to fight her since he's mostly heroic and tries to avoid conflict. Irish on the other hand might try to fight her if she does try anything which might garner bad publicity since it'll look like an IS pilot is trying to beat down a bog standard human. Actually I can use that idea, can I have Karon do this? I don't wan't to do anything with her character without your permission.

Speaking of that, I can imagine how a speech is gonna go if she tries to do it.

Karon: What are you doing! Can't you act like a real man and make your own decisions?

Irish: ...(Raises chaff grenade and throws it at her)

Karon: What are you doing!? Can't you see your outmatched?

Irish: Who makes a speech when they're fighting? It just gives an enemy a chance to shoot you, so shut up and fight.
This seems vaguely out of character. She doesn't interrupt teammates in a fight?

But the main problem is, with that IS war, Karon's character cannot work... Hmm.
Old 2011-10-03, 18:56   Link #2155
Eratas123

@MeisterBabylon- The first All-out IS war happened 10 years prior to the story, it's mostly kept hidden by propoganda since they don't want to reveal what happened. Since most o the atory characters are only mid teens they would've been extremely young when it happened and only a few actually know about it. Kyuukai's family was killed in one, Ichika knows since Chifuyu told him, Houki knows since her sister started it without meaning to and Irish knows since that's when his life was destroyed. The second one only happened in London so it seems more like a corporation takeover more than a war.

What do you mean interrupting teammates? Karon and Irish aren't teammates in the segement and they're fighting each other, she thinks she can talk him out like Kamijou Touma tries to do but Irish is a combat pragmatist and doesn't think talking is a free action
Old 2011-10-03, 20:19   Link #2156
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
@MeisterBabylon- The first All-out IS war happened 10 years prior to the story, it's mostly kept hidden by propoganda since they don't want to reveal what happened. Since most o the atory characters are only mid teens they would've been extremely young when it happened and only a few actually know about it. Kyuukai's family was killed in one, Ichika knows since Chifuyu told him, Houki knows since her sister started it without meaning to and Irish knows since that's when his life was destroyed. The second one only happened in London so it seems more like a corporation takeover more than a war.
10 years before canon time... IS was just revealed and was still Gen 1. This model was only good for space exploration, and since no country outside of Japan and Singapore had any use for it, it was mocked by the world as useless. 4 years later, Tabane pulled that White Knight stunt, and changed how everything worked. But before then, there's no way anyone would take a multipurpose spacesuit that can't operate in more than 0.5G environments to 'battle' on Earth environments.

Quote:
What do you mean interrupting teammates? Karon and Irish aren't teammates in the segement and they're fighting each other, she thinks she can talk him out like Kamijou Touma tries to do but Irish is a combat pragmatist and doesn't think talking is a free action
She talks and fights, like Amuro Ray.

A bit like shouting at each other over wideband radio or something while dodging, shooting and stabbing. A better example would be how Amuro and Char traded verbal barbs while fighting all around the Axis. This is how I see Karon's preaching, unless her opponent is subdued or for some reason gives her an opening to stand and say something.

I know you guys love the badass normal, but you can't inject realism into one part of the system and then ignore the rest. There's inconsistency when a knife or a rocket can damage something that flies at speeds up to Mach 9, can withstand 50G turns, and can shoot down 2365 JDAMs on full target acquisition and auto, or when gas or radiation can affect pilots in a suit designed to operate in a vacuum.

Your best chance is plasma, which is mentioned in canon to mess with the Absolute Barrier. In my fanon, that's what those plasma disruptors are for, provincial special weapons within the Alaska Treaty to be issued only when it is necessary to subdue rogue IS. Tanks and aircraft can be equipped with them, but it is more efficient to have them on MPIS. I infered that senior students and Student Council mounted in MPIS also have those devices, which was why Chifuyu was willing to let the seniors handle the rogue unmanned unit of Episode 4, if they could somehow break in.

IS no matter what form are walking nukes. This is implied in canon by how all the personals in ISA are all countries that have nukes. Their proliferation is restricted, like nukes. So when in a real combat situation, treat them with the same respect/fear as you would nukes.

Last edited by MeisterBabylon; 2011-10-03 at 20:34.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-03, 20:43   Link #2157
Eratas123

@MeisterBabylon- I imagined that Irish was already on the floor by the time of the Speech but she was distracted by talking so he managed to sneak throw a grenade.

I know the IS itself is nigh invulnerable bit the pilot itself isn't. The point of Irish's fighting style is sneaking around and weakening the shield long enough for the pilot to be exposed. Since the IS has no armor on the pilots body then it would be possible to shoot them directly. Notice I said that he threw a chaff grenade rather than a regular one, I know the IS shield is trong but I doubt it's unlimited, a continued barrage by jammers should be enough to at least weaken it.

Btw- I can buy someone seeing the potential of the space suit and reverse engineering it early, It's one of the reasons the war started in the first place. Phantom Task existed even befre the events of infinite stratos and they seem smart enough to see the potential and reverse engineer a space suit that can be used only by women.

Last edited by Eratas123; 2011-10-03 at 22:33.
Old 2011-10-03, 21:43   Link #2158
DarkJak2050

Okay, but what about the scene I wrote there? What do you guys think?
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-03, 22:06   Link #2159
blitz1/2

Zero hasn't been on lately, so the next chapter may be a bit delayed, unless he wants me to write it myself.

Old 2011-10-03, 22:19   Link #2160
Eratas123

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak2050 View Post
Okay, but what about the scene I wrote there? What do you guys think?
It seems fine to me, they're reaction might seem a bit overboard to some but considering what they went through then I can let that go. Why were they in IS academy anyway? Actually let me rephrase that question; Why were they there and NOT shooting it to high heaven? They seem really eager on doing it in the early chapters.

Side note- Do you want me to beta for you? I'd like to help if you do

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest