AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 116 Rating
Perfect 10 15 20.55%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 24 32.88%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 16.44%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 20.55%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.74%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 4.11%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.37%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.37%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-07-01, 19:44   Link #1
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Claymore Chapter 116

Welcome to the monthly discussion thread for Claymore, Chapter 116.

The thread was created before the chapter was published. Usually false spoilers start to appear early so (naturally) people always need a place to discuss them.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • The Claymore manga is licensed by Viz so questions about scanlations or answers about scanlation are not allowed. Remember that AnimeSuki does not enable downloading of any licensed anime or manga.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.

Since Claymore is licensed by Viz the following posts are not allowed
  • Asking where you can find Claymore manga downloads, scans or translations.
  • Linking to Claymore manga downloads, scans or translations.
  • Posting Claymore scans or translations.
  • Discussing Claymore scan groups (past or present).
These rules applies to the raws as well.

You still are allowed to discuss the manga, that has not changed but please remember to limit the discussion to the story itself.

Summaries are allowed, it's just that full translations are against the forum rules. The odd image or a translation of a line or paragraph is acceptable, that's considered "fair use" but more than that isn't allowed. If you need to post a single image (or preferably only the relevant part of an image) for a reason related to discussion you can put it on an image host, but never ever post a link where people can see the entire manga.
Old 2011-07-01, 19:49   Link #2
limao
DeAd

Strange chapter...that's all there is to it.
Old 2011-07-01, 19:53   Link #3
TheRussianMeatClob
My Vision is Augmented

Can't wait for the next chapter looks like with Roxanne we got another fun loving crazy lady.
Old 2011-07-01, 19:56   Link #4
limao
DeAd

The dust Eater looks like a Yuma/Clarice ??, having difficulty with stupid new generation warriors...maybe she got a mafia godfather to buy her the nš1 title
Old 2011-07-01, 19:58   Link #5
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRussianMeatClob View Post
Can't wait for the next chapter looks like with Roxanne we got another fun loving crazy lady.
Yea quite liking her atm plus she got a lovely mole just below her eye, always quite that feature

While I'm really quite liking all 3 res no.1s I do think it would be good to see at least one of them die by the hands of current warriors.
No fun if all 3 of them wipe the floor with all the warriors or even just survive this fight.

Gotta admit I haven't really been excited for this series in quite a while, not even from the chapter before but now I am, looking forward to the next one!
Old 2011-07-01, 19:59   Link #6
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Just to post my thoughts:

Phantom Miria vs The Elegant, Hysteria

Hysteria's technique is obviously a superior technique (stated by Miria herself), but I honestly wonder if Miria really is "weaker" then her. Just because her technique is better doesn't necessarily mean Miria falls behind on power/speed. Most interesting fight in progress.

Cassandra, the Dust Eater vs Single Digits

Will probably be a stalemate till Cassandra gets serious. It is quite obvious that she is holding back, whether this is because she is innately gentle, or just confused, remains to be seen. My money is on her being the strongest of the 3. I'm also rather curious as to the meaning behind her nickname.

Roxanne of Love and Hate vs the shrimp Twins

This fight is effectively already over. The twins have been disarmed, and she hasn't even broken a sweat. My guess is she will get bored eventually and off them, or at least try to. I'm thinking its possible Cassandra will remember the circumstances of her own death and engage Roxanne.

Miria is the only one I can see winning her fight currently, but the rest of the Ghosts need to arrive for there to be any hope against the other two, provided Cassandra and Roxanne don't get in a lovers spat of some sort.
Old 2011-07-01, 20:00   Link #7
Korinov
The Burned Man walks!

If I speak earlier...

A pretty good chapter overall, if only a bit short. Can't complain about the fighting... I just hope somebody ends up dead after so much blood, cuz it would be very dissappointing if all the cuts end up being Bleach style.

The thing that surprises me the most is the fact that Dae's plan seems pretty flawed. Roxanne hasn't been brainwashed at all. Cassandra seems confused, holding back (clearly) and playing at the defensive. Hysteria... I don't know what we can expect of her, in any case her brainwash also seems to be fading. Looking at her backstory she isn't gonna hesitate at killing anyone but I'd also like to know why she went rogue in the first place.

My greatest dissappointment is that, if for now Miria + Audrey, Rachel + Nina + the new twins are more or less capable of keeping the three #1s at bay, when Deneve's group arrive will probably be able to win the upper hand, specially considering that the "zombies" won't probably be on the mood of helping the Org if they start to regain their memories. I'd say Roxanne seems the most dangerous one for the moment (quite a Ophelia-like psycho).
Old 2011-07-01, 20:01   Link #8
rafael1932
claymores pimp

If miria hadn’t explained that number 1 ability we now had something to talk about and it would save space to others things like going back to robona to see little miata or something else. The 28 pages don’t help too.
Old 2011-07-01, 20:13   Link #9
fraktur
extraordinary freak storm

cool stry, bro

best chapter in months
Old 2011-07-01, 20:20   Link #10
haegar
mangaviking

I wouldn't call Dae's plan "flawed" - My guess would rather be that he is orgiastically pleased with himself and his little endeavour.

The problem is that the best interest of the ORG is not neccessarilly his #1 goal *evil snicker* Dae...Well look at it like this : Dae is in it for the beauty (- in a very perverse and bloody kinda way ) He is a connaisseur you might say (which is why he is gettin irked with stupid MIBs butting in and distturbing his enjoyment of the performance just beginning to unfold down there under his window.

Being a professional and probably a perfectionist too I am sure he did also aim for efficiency (after all efficiency in itself can be quite beautiful) but I guess with the mere fact of bringing back three of his greatest creations ever he already is sufficiently pleased. So yeah, Roxanne minus memories would be more efficient - but than again - Roxanne having very disturbing memories is SO MUCH MORE beautiful than simple plain efficiency

And the same would probably go for Cassandra. He would definetely enjoy to see how those three poor souls naively feel they stand a chance against Cassandra cause she currently happens to hold back ...

Apart from that blood is splattering all over the place, limbs are flying here and there... there are some torn ligaments people are stepping on ... and whatever happens - afterwards there undoubtedly will be a lot of bodies left to disect. And I'm sure being as smart as he is Dae will also appreciate watching Miria - who should be dead but apparently is gettin ready to give Hysteria a hard time. Dae would not see those things as flaws. He would see opportunity. And most of all beauty. yes come to think of it...it is Dae who has started the custom of giving those nicknames to the warriors ... The Elegant, the one of Love and Hate, the infamous Phantom refusing to die, the Gentle and the Strong, the Shadowhunter ... and HE , he MADE all of them ... they are HIS CREATIONS - HE IS THEIR GOD. And his creations are fighting a battle against each other on a scale so grand that even Frankensteins like him only get to see once every couple of decades. He probably still treasures every single scar he has ever recieved at the hands of an aggressive testsubject - because they are testaments to his creation's ability and thus to his own.

Let me assure you. Dae is not concerned with any "flaws" ... he is staring out the window allthewhile congratulating himself on his brilliance and prly cumming buckets too.

if you'll now excuse me ... my mind ... feels a little weird after delving into that character. I feel... sick

edit: this line has been deleted by haegar. Reason: bc

Last edited by haegar; 2011-07-02 at 06:48.
Old 2011-07-01, 20:30   Link #11
TheRussianMeatClob
My Vision is Augmented

Spoiler for For Size:

So what your trying to say is that.....Dea is awesome.
Old 2011-07-01, 20:34   Link #12
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Roflmao, I love what Ryus said: "the idiot group says she the weakest, which means she must be the strongest" . She does seem to still be hazy, so it wouldn't surprise me that she blew their minds what she started powering up.

I didn't find this chapter short at all - I think we just read it very fast because their's so much action .

Overall, awesome chapter and, thankfully, much less controversal then last chapter .
Old 2011-07-01, 21:01   Link #13
Kinematics
Let's play a game!

haegar -- damn good synopsis of Dae. Dunno why you feel sick, though. Embrace your inner mad scientist! (but watch his hands for brightly colored syringes)

Mine looks a bit like this: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...57#post1617557
Old 2011-07-01, 21:04   Link #14
Xion Valkyrie

Mad scientist characters are the best.
Old 2011-07-01, 21:12   Link #15
Nixl

I enjoyed the chapter quite a bit. I also agree that Cassandra is probably holding back. Although, I feel like the main player is Roxanne since she seems the most aware and scheming of the three. I feel like she will be become central to whatever unfolds in the battle whether that means not fighting seriously or perhaps betraying the other two to some degree.

Also, the wave/expression that Roxanne makes on page 26 makes me chuckle every time.
Old 2011-07-01, 21:22   Link #16
CascadeTheWarrior
~Jaded~

Loved the chapter hysteria Is now on my list of most beautiful claymores ever lol
Old 2011-07-01, 22:20   Link #17
Vinak
Procrastinator

[whine] I want to see Clare... [/whine]
Old 2011-07-01, 22:46   Link #18
beckyshells
sleeping awakened

i sooo loved the chapter that it provoked me to register! im a long time lurker and some thoughts i need to dish out:

- where are the AFs? they all died out!? wow no AO was able to do that!

- it's pretty interesting to note that many here expects cassandra to be the 'surprise strongest' as she is still holding back (and as we know everyone underestimated turns out to be the victor)
but i really think that among the three cassandra may be the weakest (as she eats dust?! hehe) and that rox did gave her the finishing blow (although cass may be already weakened/injured when she received the death blow). Now im really worked up why dust eater..does it means she eats everyone else's dust first before she powers up (like an AF that 'learns' and adjusts abilities later?)

- it's a good thing to note that the shrimp twins aren't going berserk or crazy as they are both severed but they still retain consciousness..i think indeed that they would die/awaken fully and that would provoke roxy to 'power up'...well that'd be the case if the ghosts don't turn up in time..also roxy not sweating at all with the shrimps makes her power all more...intriguing!

- miria x hysteria is the sheet! haha here we have miria going all out after 7 years (she did leak some yoki with her previous fight with the shrimps) but at this point we can say she's at >10% with the nerves and all popping out of her face. miria's definitely going to learn a trick or two from her and remember that the odds for the resurrected 1's to awaken depends on how strong the opponent is..!

i have to say though it's safe ro assume that these no.1's are bit weaker than Beth, Alicia, Isley, Riful, Luciela, Rafaela in their Claymore Forms. Why? here:

- AO's are said to be the strongest claymore that awakened. Raf is on par with Luciella (and Raf didn't stood a chance at QS)
- Alicia and Beth are the strongest in their annals (in their human forms they are able to match an unhurt riful)

Good thing Teresa was put into Clare or else only priscilla can take on her! I think if Clare would learn that there former 1's were just resurrected, she'll wish that she shouldn't have put Teresa's flesh on her!...tsk tsk!

and here are my rundown of power ranking..it's all hypothetical but i'll try to justify it. do note that this is my thinking of their power on their Claymore (human) form...meaning if they fight as claymores, the upper name would beat those lower.

- Teresa
- Priscilla
(these two are given)

- Isley
- Alicia
- Riful
- Luciela
- Beth
- Irene
- Rafaela
( the power differences in these peeps are really oh-so-slight..i think being a male claymore would out Isley first, followed by Alicia and Riful which i think are on par with each other given nobody interrupted and Alicia is an anti-Riful specific warrior. Luciela is behind here because she is the precursor of Alicia and she was defeated by Isley. Beth is not as combative as much as the others but at any moment she is on the same level as Rafaela..Irene..only the fact that Clare's QS beat the crap out of her and on the anime Irene would have a chance at Raf given both of her arms. She's confident and if they fought that way, Irene would've won with the same margin as Isley - Lucy. Again Irene was no 3 at teresa-priscilla time.)

-Clare
-Roxanne
-Hysteria
-Miria
-Cassandra
-Miata
(the differences in these 6 are oh so slight again, this is so far my judgement given the situation. Clare is higher because i think Rox and Hysteria is Rigald Like and Duph Like in their (awakened) form. I still think that Miata is a semi-AF that can think and based on the premise she is no.1 material at the time of Alicia-Beth. You may say Gala beat Miata, but not really even if Gala was also fighting Agasa and Miata holds so much potential)

-Rosemary (purely estimation)
-Agasa (purely estimation again!)
-Noel
-Sophia
-Ophelia
-Deneve
-Helen
(again it's very tight among these five. do take note how much power up for Deneve and Helen it is, even more so for Deneve who is a Defensive..her attacks may not be "that" powerful but getting rid of her is harder)

-Galatea (yup, Ophelia would outrank her in sheer fighting power but given her skills and that fact that she is a Defensive type, overall her yoki should be higher than Ophy's)
-Flora
-Uma (most improved award, i say!)
-Cynthia
-Audrey
-Shrimps (they always awake anyway)
-Tabatha (nothing much to base it on but this is my sincere guess hehe)
-Rachel (5)
-Dietrich (8)
-Anastasia (7)
-Nina (9) ( I think Dietrich has powered up already a bit from Ana and Nina..if she was demoted)
-Single Newly born AF =)

These are my estimations, and i think it should be pretty much close to reality!

Last edited by beckyshells; 2011-07-01 at 22:59.
Old 2011-07-01, 22:46   Link #19
Battler-kun

Hysteria and the other one with the mole are both so beautiful °_°
Old 2011-07-01, 22:47   Link #20
hh707

Quote:
My greatest dissappointment is that, if for now Miria + Audrey, Rachel + Nina + the new twins are more or less capable of keeping the three #1s at bay, when Deneve's group arrive will probably be able to win the upper hand, specially considering that the "zombies" won't probably be on the mood of helping the Org if they start to regain their memories. I'd say Roxanne seems the most dangerous one for the moment (quite a Ophelia-like psycho).
The #1's aren't even trying really. Miria at this point is at 30% Yoki and fighting Hysteria. Roxanne hasn't broken a sweat fighting the twins, they're like normal yoma for her. Cassandra is still confused/dazed which is evident from her fight. Once they actually start fighting people are going to die quickly. All 3 of them are toying with their opponenets at this point.