AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-08-01, 07:33   Link #3621
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSama View Post
Problem with this though is that at some point its going to be on the UFN's side. It's part of the line-up from the OP with the rest of the OotBK mecha.
Maybe, but I think we should be very careful about taking the OP too seriously to be honest - it could turn out that it's just a matter of the usual kind of "lining'em all up", sorta. But we'll see.
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 07:34   Link #3622
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
i agree that it jumps ship
but on whos side (lulu or the UFN)
Old 2008-08-01, 07:37   Link #3623
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
Maybe, but I think we should be very careful about taking the OP too seriously to be honest - it could turn out that it's just a matter of the usual kind of "lining'em all up", sorta. But we'll see.
Look if Anya does a bunk and i have no reason to doubt that she will, Gino's going as well. It was stated he was extremely loyal to Britannia but even more so to his friends. Plus some people, including myself see them as a solid, if rather strange pairing.
ZeroSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 09:02   Link #3624
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Warrior View Post
I would like to see Kallen bested thank you!
Episode 6 Season 2: Kallen nearly dies when the Guren is wrecked.

Is that somehow not good enough? She's come the closest to death out of all the mains... barring maybe C.C..

Quote:
Let's see, the Knight of Ten is indeed a candidate. Gino may be a candidate as well - he might insist on taking the chance to get the duel with her that he wants and get beaten for it . Suzaku could be a candidate as well, but I don't think we'll see him getting such a beatign here of all places...
I do not think they introduced the KoTen to have him just die one/two episodes later, that seems a bit wasteful, though, I suppose, possible. If anything, the rivalry they have set up between him and Gino would seem to imply otherwise.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 09:11   Link #3625
Dream_Traveller
Banned

You know, there's a certain picture on one of those image-hosting sites pertaining to what you said, Zero, that would make Warrior jump with joy...but I dare not post it here.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 09:14   Link #3626
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
You know, there's a certain picture on one of those image-hosting sites pertaining to what you said, Zero, that would make Warrior jump with joy...but I dare not post it here.
Please God no. He'd probaably have it as his avatar and signature until the series ended. Or the mods went after him. i'd make sure it was the latter though.
Old 2008-08-01, 09:14   Link #3627
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Hmm, I think I may have seen that one on Danbooru - the one where Kallen is apparently heavily injured after a battle, I suppose?
Old 2008-08-01, 09:16   Link #3628
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Rather the one when she's speared by debris in the cockpit of the Guren. It was even classified as guro. I have no doubt that Warrior would be rushing to see it.
Old 2008-08-01, 09:17   Link #3629
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
Hmm, I think I may have seen that one on Danbooru - the one where Kallen is apparently heavily injured after a battle, I suppose?
And you know the problem with this right? She actually hasn't really done anything bad to deserve that kind of fate yet there'd still be people who would still have a good old gloat.
Old 2008-08-01, 09:27   Link #3630
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Oh, yes, and, Warrior, did you even watch R1? Kallen was bested time and time again by Suzaku. Her Glasgow got trashed, that VARIS shot pulled a number on the Type 02's arm (though it could be a stalemate there), the Lancelot delivered a freakin' knock-out punch to the Guren in Suzaku's rage, and Suzaku blew up the Guren's arm and would have killed Kallen if the Gawain hadn't come along. There was also the time when that one Knight Police unit tore Kallen's Burai to shreds, and Li had a clear victory over her. That was, in part, due to Kallen's arrogance, but Li still kicked her ass.
Old 2008-08-01, 09:34   Link #3631
Verist
KDF Kallen Defense Force

Quote:
Oh, yes, and, Warrior, did you even watch R1? Kallen was bested time and time again by Suzaku. Her Glasgow got trashed, that VARIS shot pulled a number on the Type 02's arm (though it could be a stalemate there), the Lancelot delivered a freakin' knock-out punch to the Guren in Suzaku's rage, and Suzaku blew up the Guren's arm and would have killed Kallen if the Gawain hadn't come along. There was also the time when that one Knight Police unit tore Kallen's Burai to shreds, and Li had a clear victory over her. That was, in part, due to Kallen's arrogance, but Li still kicked her ass.
Jesus the way you put it, she should just quit because she sucks so much
Old 2008-08-01, 09:39   Link #3632
Dream_Traveller
Banned

She most certainly does not fail at piloting, but a phrase from a game I have played applies here:

"No plane is invincible, no pilot infallible."

Plane aside...any pilot is prone to defeat. For all of her skill, Kallen has suffered losses.
Old 2008-08-01, 11:01   Link #3633
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSama View Post
Please God no. He'd probaably have it as his avatar and signature until the series ended. Or the mods went after him. i'd make sure it was the latter though.
That might give him problems though - I'm far from sure that the mods would apprepicate a guro signature & avatar
Old 2008-08-01, 11:12   Link #3634
Yorae_paladin1

Quote:
Xingke bit was as much Kallen's fault as it was the maintenace teams fault where the hell where they I wonder the mechs should be serviced almost all the time considering battle situations can arise at any time with black knights and Kallen was also quite foolish going with a mech with little energy left.
"I do not hate you. I do not think your a monster just another species trying to live like us humans. If there is a monster in this world its nature itself for wanting and allowing spectacles of death and destruction."

Neo Human Angelus Von Doom to Abyssal Riful before there battle. My fic saga revelations of the past title Advent Rising
Yorae_paladin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 11:13   Link #3635
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorae_paladin1 View Post
Xingke bit was as much Kallen's fault as it was the maintenace teams fault where the hell where they I wonder the mechs should be serviced almost all the time considering battle situations can arise at any time with black knights and Kallen was also quite foolish going with a mech with little energy left.
She got Jealous and wanted to get some attention from lulu. That's why she did that. Which is ok in my book!
Witacume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 11:16   Link #3636
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

and she did have him right where she wanted him when the power ran out (the guren is best when it comes to close range)
Old 2008-08-01, 12:11   Link #3637
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
Dream_Traveller, I'm not entirely sure if this was meant to be in Kallen's defense or not, but as it's written, it kinda makes it sound like she sucks.

First, when she was beaten in her Glasgow, it was clearly an undermaintained piece of junk seeing as it broke down fighting Jeremiah. That, plus the fact that it was a 4th geneartion taking on a 7th generation Knightmare hardly makes her an inferior pilot there.

Second, the time with the Knight Police. Keep in mind that no Knight Police were supposed to be there and he shot off her arm by getting the drop on her. She then had to fight while shielding her mother and still was able to win.

Third, I don't think it was the VARIS that damaged the Guren's arm as much as the tumble down the cliff. Admittably, that was Kallen's fault for not taking the terrain into consideration, but still the fight was pretty much a drawl.

Forth, I don't think Suzaku's 'knockout' punch could be seen as a descisive victory seeing as he basically surprised her, knocked her on her butt, then left. It was no more a victory than right after Kallen surprised the Knights of Rounds with her upgraded Guren and pwnd them rather quickly simply because she caught them off guard.

Finally, I won't deny that Suzaku beat Kallen in the Black Rebellion, but she was at a major disadvantage without a float system to fight back with. Really, no fight between Suzaku and Kallen where both their Knightmares were approximately equal have ever been fought to a definate conclusion.

Then there's her fight with Xingke, which she lost mostly becasue she jumped the gun and fought when she was almost out of energy. That was bad judgement on her part, but not bad piloting.

Just my two cents on the matter.
youngde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 12:46   Link #3638
Bennyswan
Hmmm.....
*Artist

Oi what happen to the PMs, lets stop the flame war here and grab some nice green tea alright?

When Kallen escapes, I hope she runs into the Knight of One, I would love to see those two try to kill each other.
Old 2008-08-01, 12:48   Link #3639
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Kallen's thread will be closed for an undetermined amount of time.
I believe that there is no reason to leave a thread open if it used as an arena for people unable to post their opinions without trying to assault the others.

Clean-up mode.
Old 2008-08-01, 14:39   Link #3640
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

i say rolo sayoko and Orenge are part of an operation to rescue kallen
after all
the last time lulu tried to save her in china he found out after he won the battle that she was transferd somewhere else before the battle even started
he wont risk that again since this time if they do win in japan she might either be used as a hostage to keep his actions in check (like nunnaly)
or she might be transfered again
this time to britannian mainland where she will be out of reach for years
this time around he's making sure that she will be safe and sound before the battle has a chance to warm up so as to prevent these things from happening