AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-On!! (Second Season) - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 23 30.26%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 22 28.95%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 25.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 11.84%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 3.95%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-06-04, 22:11   Link #61
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

I followed the raw with Japanese text subtitle instead, so this I failed to notice. I suppose for a work at localization this is fitting... Vexx already addressed this at any rate.

Yui seems to possess a strange kind of charisma in her hapless appearance and in her personal warmth, that made even those younger than her take up a guardian-esque role to mentor if not to nurse her at times. A moeblob as some would say, but one with more than token appearance to strike a deeper impression upon the audience.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2010-06-05, 09:48   Link #62
kitten320

I liked this episode, was interesting to see YuiAzu duo. Azusa sure has strong grip on her, I mean she had mangaed to bring Yui's gades from deap down to light. She easily could have some of the best results in class there.

By the way what was wrong with Yui when they started to preform? Did she get nervouse or what?

Looks like next week it is Sawako, can't wait!
Old 2010-06-05, 12:15   Link #63
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
I liked this episode, was interesting to see YuiAzu duo. Azusa sure has strong grip on her, I mean she had mangaed to bring Yui's gades from deap down to light. She easily could have some of the best results in class there.

By the way what was wrong with Yui when they started to preform? Did she get nervouse or what?

Looks like next week it is Sawako, can't wait!
No, Yui and Azusa are doing a classic Japanese standup comedy format called Manzai. One plays the 'idiot' the other 'the straight man'.

If you've seen any Abbot&Costello ("Who's on First"), Jerry Lewis & Dean Martin, Burns & Allen - you've seen a rough American version that dates to vaudeville and before.

The old people appreciated the classical humor.
Old 2010-06-05, 14:26   Link #64
kitten320

No, I meant when Yui suddenly couldn't play guitar and it was making weird noises. Ritsu almost fell over.
Old 2010-06-05, 14:42   Link #65
BlackKnightKanos
Lord of The Netherealm

Send a message via Yahoo to BlackKnightKanos
Loved the episode! I hope they release a full version of that Fude Pen Boru Pen YuiAzu Mix.
Old 2010-06-05, 15:11   Link #66
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
No, Yui and Azusa are doing a classic Japanese standup comedy format called Manzai. One plays the 'idiot' the other 'the straight man'.

If you've seen any Abbot&Costello ("Who's on First"), Jerry Lewis & Dean Martin, Burns & Allen - you've seen a rough American version that dates to vaudeville and before.

The old people appreciated the classical humor.
I thought Mio and Ritsu are practically doing Manzai everyday, and *ahem* every night.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-06-05, 16:14   Link #67
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

I enjoyed this episode... Too bad we didn't get to hear the whole song, although it was pretty interesting...

Studying for Finals is no fun... I tend to goof off like Yui (surfing the internets while I study for exams), but not as bad since I managed to pull through with rather good grades, except for one subject... hehe. Also, Azusa looked cute in the dress.

Also, Ui as a child is pretty cute... in fact, the second time we seen her as a child in the whole series.

Verdict: 8.8/10
Old 2010-06-05, 19:23   Link #68
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
No, I meant when Yui suddenly couldn't play guitar and it was making weird noises. Ritsu almost fell over.
She could play guitar fine.. she was emulating a classical japanese instrument. Listen to some japanese traditional music, particularly folk or festival songs. Ritsu fell over because she couldn't believe Yui had remixed the song to an "old style".

Watch this youtube, especially at about the 1:00 and on.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVBGzaB7nSs

Last edited by Vexx; 2010-06-06 at 02:29.
Old 2010-06-05, 23:07   Link #69
Mughi
Wordy b@stard

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
She could play guitar fine.. she was emulating a classical japanese instrument. Listen to some japanese traditional music, particularly folk or festival songs. Ritsu fell over because she couldn't believe Yui had remixed the song to an "old style".
Yes, that was a classic moment. I loved how they basically played to their audience. Rather touching in a way.
Old 2010-06-06, 17:45   Link #70
sunwen

I found the vocaloid pops version of the Japanese folk song which Yui urged Azunyan to sing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaggD2df3ns
Old 2010-06-06, 20:14   Link #71
kankyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunwen View Post
I found the vocaloid pops version of the Japanese folk song which Yui urged Azunyan to sing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaggD2df3ns
The real thing being performed: http://www.gokayama.jp/monogatari/move/kokiriko.wmv.

The song is supposedly the oldest folk song in Japan, for those able to read archaic Japanese here's the complete lyrics.

Partial translation (the "dedereko-den" bit Yui was making Azu-nyan say is apparently not translatable).

ROFL at "Clementine" being the "localization" for this.
Old 2010-06-12, 12:41   Link #72
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

The folk version of Fude Pen Boru Pen deserves its own single
Old 2010-06-15, 13:28   Link #73
Manwards
Cunning Linguist

Send a message via MSN to Manwards
Agreed! The original is my favourite song from the series (that intro riff is so much fun to play!), and I really like the more acoustic, sing-a-long version they did at the talent show. They should really milk the musical aspect of this show and do an acoustic album or something...
Old 2010-06-17, 16:12   Link #74
evangeline88
Moe Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
The folk version of Fude Pen Boru Pen deserves its own single
I fully agree with this.

Btw, does anyone notice that Yui only sings while Azu-nyan playing the guitar?
Is it intended or does Yui forget to play the guitar (again)?

Closed Thread