AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

View Poll Results: Ore no Imouto (Season Two) - Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 7 9.72%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 22.22%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 22.22%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 16.67%
6 out of 10 : Average 9 12.50%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 6.94%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 2.78%
3 out of 10 : Bad 4 5.56%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.39%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-04-08, 07:47   Link #121
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVN.Chaos View Post
Did Kirino force her brother to sleep on the floor? Did she wipe him? Did she verbal abuse him every second like before? No, instead she just ignored him. Just that. Nothing more. She pulled his hand in Akihabara, which is already an improvement in my opinion, considered that they dont even touch each others before. I think Louise is still worse. Beside, their relationship is back to before she left, so it's already a good start.
You forget Aria, unless people now think getting shot by a gun is comedy. ==
Louise uses a freakin whip/wand. getting slapped is a million times better than that.
Old 2013-04-08, 07:58   Link #122
GVN.Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalfury View Post
You forget Aria, unless people now think getting shot by a gun is comedy. ==
Louise uses a freakin whip/wand. getting slapped is a million times better than that.
Uh, Kinji got bulletproof uniform. He could tank one or two shot - Probably.
Old 2013-04-08, 08:03   Link #123
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Uh, Kinji got bulletproof uniform. He could tank one or two shot - Probably.
His head and hands are not bulletproof tho.
Also inb4 the cheers of people towards Kyousuke hitting Kirino.
Old 2013-04-08, 12:54   Link #124
s0beit
kiririn.me

Quote:
A wand that causes explosions, to be perfectly accurate.
Old 2013-04-08, 14:11   Link #125
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Getting shot by a bullet even with a bulletproof vest usually still causes serious bruise, not to mention its only an uniform.... but then... logic does not apply in anime-verse

I actually do want to see Kyousuke slapping Kirino... may yield some unexpected results...
Old 2013-04-08, 15:01   Link #126
Lohha

When and why did Kirino and Kyousuke swap their chairs?
Old 2013-04-08, 16:16   Link #127
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
Getting shot by a bullet even with a bulletproof vest usually still causes serious bruise, not to mention its only an uniform.... but then... logic does not apply in anime-verse

I actually do want to see Kyousuke slapping Kirino... may yield some unexpected results...
Most likely will not happen since we got waaaay too many feminists and white knights living in this planet. Plus, there's some weird social rule that says that guys shouldn't hurt/slap/hit girls under ANY circumstances, at least where I'm from.
Old 2013-04-08, 16:46   Link #128
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
And it would be completely out of character for Kyousuke to do so.
Old 2013-04-08, 17:10   Link #129
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Shouldn't that be in reverse? Gosh, I'm such an M.

But... if there was ONE thing I wanted him to do...

Spoiler:

XD
Old 2013-04-08, 17:24   Link #130
lightbringer
M9000

Depressing episode. I know you guys are saying there's a lot going on there but to me right now it just feels like a major reset. We'll see how it goes from here though.
Old 2013-04-08, 18:22   Link #131
GVN.Chaos

Quote:
Just the fact that Kyousuke never raised his hand against Kirino speak how much they use to be together. Beside, in Western cutural, unless the younger sibling do something completely unacceptable (there is a few moments like that in LN, which Kyousuke state that there is a line, and he will hit Kirino if she step over them - which she didn't), it's very rare for the older one to do that. Not to mention from his POV, that much punishment is okay, as long as he could improve their relationship.
Old 2013-04-08, 18:48   Link #132
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Just the fact that Kyousuke never raised his hand against Kirino speak how much they use to be together. Beside, in Western cutural, unless the younger sibling do something completely unacceptable (there is a few moments like that in LN, which Kyousuke state that there is a line, and he will hit Kirino if she step over them - which she didn't), it's very rare for the older one to do that. Not to mention from his POV, that much punishment is okay, as long as he could improve their relationship.
In a nutshell, Kyousuke doesn't hit her because he thinks its bad to hit his sister, he doesn't want to go to her level if people want to think of it that way, and he has much more social maturity than she does.
There is a reason why violence begets more violence.
At the very least, we can tell that Kyousuke won't divorce anyone easily unless his future wife decides to divorce him.

Last edited by finalfury; 2013-04-08 at 19:03.
Old 2013-04-09, 04:44   Link #133
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
At the very least, we can tell that Kyousuke won't divorce anyone easily unless his future wife decides to divorce him.
If his wife is :

1. Kuroneko : He would become institutionalised after being divorced by something so cute.

2. Ayase : His status would be "deceased" rather than "divorced".

3. Kirino : They would probably divorce over "mutant children".

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2013-04-09, 07:29   Link #134
GVN.Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
If his wife is :

1. Kuroneko : He would become institutionalised after being divorced by something so cute.

2. Ayase : His status would be "deceased" rather than "divorced".

3. Kirino : They would probably divorce over "mutant children".
To tell the truth, unless both Kyousuke and Kirino had parents/grand parents with similar issues, their chance of getting a mutant childrent is not that much different from other couples.
Old 2013-04-09, 14:55   Link #135
zeko

i gave it a 6.

i am not the best at analyzing or criticizing but is it just me or did the episode feel "disjointed"? not sure of the terminology but i thought there was no focus on one particular thing. there was that talk with manami then kureneko then Kirino. would have been ice if it focused on one girl and Kyousuke instead of "you didn't see this plot point/relationship/interaction for a while, viewer? well, now you can!!!! how about that point/relationship/interaction? or that point/relationship/interaction? don't worry, we have everything!!!!!!!" not to that extent but a focus would have been nice.

still, i enjoyed it
Old 2013-04-09, 15:21   Link #136
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeko View Post
i gave it a 6.

i am not the best at analyzing or criticizing but is it just me or did the episode feel "disjointed"? not sure of the terminology but i thought there was no focus on one particular thing. there was that talk with manami then kureneko then Kirino. would have been ice if it focused on one girl and Kyousuke instead of "you didn't see this plot point/relationship/interaction for a while, viewer? well, now you can!!!! how about that point/relationship/interaction? or that point/relationship/interaction? don't worry, we have everything!!!!!!!" not to that extent but a focus would have been nice.

still, i enjoyed it
From a mechanical editing viewpoint, you noticed the bad stitching. They were trying to re-introduce all the significant players (why do producers think fans have short memories?) and it just wasn't the most sophisticated result. For me that's why I docked a full point off my subjective rating.
Old 2013-04-09, 15:37   Link #137
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
why do producers think fans have short memories?
Honestly, in this case, I think they were sort of proven right by some of the reactions to Kirino's attitude towards Kyousuke (forgetting what just happened previously in Episode 15 and the awkwardness that logically would follow that). It didn't help that it was following the Blu-Ray/DVD ending and not the TV ending, so some people didn't follow for that reason.

So in this case I think it's more complicated than most, and setting people back into the timeframe where we last left off may actually have been helpful (even if I don't disagree that it's also a bit jarring if you think about the mechanics of it).
Old 2013-04-09, 15:44   Link #138
chaos_animagic

How I wish I have Kirino's budget...

So many things I want to buy too ;(

Also, I wonder what game she was playing at the end of ep 1....

Cause the character called her -chan (unless Kirino place it there herself, the game looks like some sort of Older/Younger Sister Yuri Galge (possibly harem) Game)

PS: I am voting for Kuroneko route.
Old 2013-04-09, 16:49   Link #139
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

Well this episode just reminded me that Kirino was really a jerk most of the time.

I don't know why I had thought that she was in fact a cute little kitten. So I hereby have handed my kirino fan credentials.

Kuroneko, her O////O reaction to the subject of the kiss was just priceless. I'll be rooting for her. Kirino can go rot for all I care.

Arty

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Old 2013-04-10, 06:40   Link #140
Daisu
Strange New World
*Graphic Designer

Kanako parts were good.

Spoiler for spoiler :