AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 04 Rating
Perfect 10 10 14.93%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 9 13.43%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 23 34.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 14 20.90%
6 out of 10 : Average 9 13.43%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.49%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.49%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-04-29, 00:36   Link #401
Erio
Hiromi

yesy subs are out, guys!
Old 2007-04-29, 00:41   Link #402
Aaron008R

Thanks for the info!
About time...
*starts download*
Old 2007-04-29, 00:45   Link #403
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

To be exact, both yesy and Nanoha & DGz Subs are out.
Old 2007-04-29, 00:48   Link #404
Erio
Hiromi

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
To be exact, both yesy and Nanoha & DGz Subs are out.
Hey! DGz was 30 minutes late! lol
Old 2007-04-29, 03:32   Link #405
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Quick question. Can someone list the order of mage ranks for me? I did a search didn't find anyone who listed them yet.

Hmm, I was expecting Captain Nanoha to give the trainees a total whooping but that whole combat training was weak sauce. Bah! Dang limiters...

By the way, how old are the trio now anyway and is there any chance we might have some episodes that will later on show how their family and friends are doing back on Earth?

Last edited by Wandering_Youth; 2007-04-29 at 03:51.
Old 2007-04-29, 03:50   Link #406
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering_Youth View Post
Quick question. Can someone list the order of mage ranks for me? I did a search didn't find anyone who listed them yet.
You mean the A, B, C thingy?

Quote:
Hmm, I was expecting Captain Nanoha to give the trainees a total whooping but that whole combat training was weak sauce. Bah! Dang limiters...
Well to be fair, all the limiter did was to reduce her magic potential, her skills are all there.

Also, the 4 of them were already tired, so Nanoha can't expect them to pull off something brilliant.

Also, it's a 'test' not a training, teachers usually give their students something reasonably managable confidence is important.
Old 2007-04-29, 04:42   Link #407
johnjefferson3

hayate is SS rank down at least 4 levels to A after Limiter
Fate is S+ rank down at least 2 levels to AA after Limiter
Nanoha is S+ rank down at least 2 levels to AA after Limiter
Sigrum is S- rank down to no higher than AA at least
Vita is AAA+ rank down to no higher than AA at least
Shamal is AA+ she is a medical doctor and is all ready to low in power to limit
Zalifa is just AA and is mostly in dog form so he all ready to low in power to limit
Renifoce Zewi is A+ (A lot of power for only being 30 cm tall)
Ginya Nakajima is A is 17 and is Sabru older sister working with Their father
Sabaru Nakajimia is B is 15 and is attracted to Nanoha
Teana Lanster is B is 16 and is minor attracted to Fate
Erio Mondail is B is 10 and is all ready more of a man than Yunno ever was!!!!
Caro Ru-Lushe is C is 10 and has Friendish as her dragon Familiar
Friendish techinally has no rank yet, but could be as Strong as Renifoce Zewi
and the rest of the people are just the normal everyday workers for Divion 6
Old 2007-04-29, 06:17   Link #408
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering_Youth View Post
A small sample of the 'line' goes like this...

AA+
AA
AA-
A+
A
A-
B+
B
B-
C+

Quote:
By the way, how old are the trio now anyway and is there any chance we might have some episodes that will later on show how their family and friends are doing back on Earth?
Nanoha, Fate and Hayate are all 19 years old.

As for whether a not they'll be heading back to earth... I'm not sure, but I won't give it too much of a high hopes...
Old 2007-04-29, 06:35   Link #409
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

phew... kinda late in the fray (hell yeah, i wait for the subbed eps, (un)fortunately, episode threads are much more filled by some fantasy and insane discussion, rather than the ep itself XD)

Ep4 was nice : it feels like the end of the "prologue/introduction" for me (kinda long, but not really stalling too much, fortunately)
as some persons already stated, i was also boggled by the erratic animation/sakuga quality, going downhill. (the scene with Tea, Subaru and Carol brushing their teeth, and some Nanoha facial expressions are the most obvious parts of that statement, at least to me)

as for Nanoha's training, i'm kinda confused how it was portrayed : at several moments, she was surprised, but really for good (hence, giving me worries of her true battle concentration, or her respect towards the rookies)
While it is nice that nanoha wasn't going full force (preventing one sided battle, and lessening the massacre feeling), i can't help but feel that nanoha was greatly nerfed. (especially that she was reacting rather slowly, and seems to struggle a bit. i'm aware that the rookies are overwhelming her in numbers, and aren't small frays, but the "ranks" abyssal gap doesn't help in this feeling, even while aknowledging her limiter)

since they didn't show her full power without the limiter, and any present serious battle until now, there isn't any possibility to compare objectively i guess ~~

finally some action for the next episode, but ironically, i also felt it was way too fast (kinda contradiction with my very first comment of the ep) :
The new team just came from a training, and didn't really test, or either custom some parameters of their new devices. considering that Nanoha and Fate are leading the party, i suppose they won't be in danger, but on the other way, they can actually make things worse (who says subaru going reckless? XD)

patiently waiting for the ep5 (but guess the commotion of the upcoming battle will spoil me... not like i don't want to... hard time to restrain myself, guh )
Old 2007-04-29, 06:55   Link #410
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post

as for Nanoha's training, i'm kinda confused how it was portrayed : at several moments, she was surprised, but really for good (hence, giving me worries of her true battle concentration, or her respect towards the rookies)

While it is nice that nanoha wasn't going full force (preventing one sided battle, and lessening the massacre feeling), i can't help but feel that nanoha was greatly nerfed. (especially that she was reacting rather slowly, and seems to struggle a bit. i'm aware that the rookies are overwhelming her in numbers, and aren't small frays, but the "ranks" abyssal gap doesn't help in this feeling, even while aknowledging her limiter)
You'll notice that she's a stationary target for most of the time, only barely dodging and blocking.

This isn't a duel, why are you worrying about her respecting the newbies?

The whole point of this is she wants to see what tricks they could pull off, being surprise doesn't mean anything since she wasn't thinking of winning, so she wasn't anticipating much.

And of course, if you're not thinking ahead, you're bound to get surprised.
Old 2007-04-29, 07:04   Link #411
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
phew... kinda late in the fray (hell yeah, i wait for the subbed eps, (un)fortunately, episode threads are much more filled by some fantasy and insane discussion, rather than the ep itself XD)

Ep4 was nice : it feels like the end of the "prologue/introduction" for me (kinda long, but not really stalling too much, fortunately)
as some persons already stated, i was also boggled by the erratic animation/sakuga quality, going downhill. (the scene with Tea, Subaru and Carol brushing their teeth, and some Nanoha facial expressions are the most obvious parts of that statement, at least to me)

since they didn't show her full power without the limiter, and any present serious battle until now, there isn't any possibility to compare objectively i guess ~~

finally some action for the next episode, but ironically, i also felt it was way too fast (kinda contradiction with my very first comment of the ep) :
The new team just came from a training, and didn't really test, or either custom some parameters of their new devices. considering that Nanoha and Fate are leading the party, i suppose they won't be in danger, but on the other way, they can actually make things worse (who says subaru going reckless? XD)

patiently waiting for the ep5 (but guess the commotion of the upcoming battle will spoil me... not like i don't want to... hard time to restrain myself, guh )

yeah it looks like episode 5 will be full of action and this episode was the end of the introduction stage of StrikerS...(hopefully, even though others like Chrono, Yuuno, or even Arf didn't make any appearances in the past few episodes)
Old 2007-04-29, 07:04   Link #412
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
yea ~ nanoha was surprised that the combo they managed to pull off through teamwork...and well...they passed with flying colours :3
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjefferson3 View Post
Renifoce Zewi is A+ (A lot of power for only being 30 cm tall)

Erio Mondail is B is 10 and is all ready more of a man than Yunno ever was!!!!
haha...100% agree XD...erio has taken down a loli while yuuno remains a bookworm at the age of 19...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-04-29, 07:25   Link #413
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Well, another semi-interesting ep

Though we get some important things:

The rookies seem to have polished their teamwork skills quite a bit.
Fanservice!
Carim resembles Fate quite a bit For some reason, i was expecting her to have a rougher image...something like Signum.
Fanservice!
The dreaded limiters... surely nothing more than a plot device to make the rookies look usable. Hey... at least they tried to give a reason behind them, even if that reason doesn't make any sense at all.
Erio was left out of the shower
And finally it looks like some action is here Looking towards seeing the newbies in action
Fanservice!

On another note - i can understand why some people would lose some of the interest in the show. Being longer and what not is not an excuse in any way imaginable for a somewhat boring start, and i certainly wouldn't be surprised to see people disappointed with it.

I don't care that much either way, being a Nanoha fan and all (Though i would lie if i would say i didn't have higher expectations myself), but i most certainly can see where these people are coming from.

Now...on to ep5
Old 2007-04-29, 07:56   Link #414
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

The following is based on [yesy]'s fansub.

Random Thoughts on Ep04:
---- ----
  • Having experienced military life before (and will again soon...), it amuses me to see that the toilet/shower-room for the cadets is so... spacious, so... clean, so... pristine, so... luxurious.

Why, in all the camps I have been to, this will only happen in pipe-dreams. That, or you are using an officer's (and by officer, I mean LTC and above) toilet facility.
  • It still boggles my mind that Subaru's mother is so... motherly-looking.
  • I have no complaints about the skirmish between Nanoha and the scrubs. If you pay attention to Nanoha, you will notice that she is spending most of her attention on observing the cadets and not like, thinking of ways to pound them into the ground.

In other words, Nanoha is allowing them to attack her on purpose. Notice how she was smiling while she was evading Teana's shots, and more significantly, how she was smiling when she decided to clash with Erio.

Nanoha was holding back, a lot. This is probably why Vita's training is after Nanoha's despite having a lower Mage-rank, because Nanoha is more capable of holding back her firepower (while Vita will probably go batshit loco on them).
  • The animation quality did take a hit in this episode, but it is still comparable to the first season, so no undue worries yet. Knowing this company anyway, they will touch up the quality for the DVD in spades.
  • A lot of interesting information on Carim in this episode, such as the tidbit that she is one of the TSAB's Board of Directors. The various stuff about Carim sets up for a lot of potential in terms of foreshadowing.
  • Why is the Belkan city so... medieval?
  • Chrono! Mentioned in name at least...
  • Relics have schedules? I wish they would explain more on the relationship between the Saint Church and the Relics.
  • Raising Heart helped to re-design Subaru's roller-blades and Teana's gun? Uh-oh... looks like they are going to be surprised by the power of their devices.

Raising Heart: "Let's do it, my Master!"
    Mach-Calibur: "Kick it! KICK IT! My Master!"
    Cross-Mirage: "Ready to fire, my Master!"

Caro: "S-Scary..."
Cheers.
Old 2007-04-29, 07:58   Link #415
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

ok FINALLY got to see episode 4

nice teamwork made by the rookies...seems like Caro is gonna be a powerful support mage and damn was that a nice move made by Elio...Strada is looking pretty powerful!!
and yes, a shower scene...hahaha Elio waiting by the stairs, it is true that girls do tend to take time grooming themselves...
and yes, the limiters....looks like Chrono is in charge of the whole division six unit...lets see, i think this is how it goes
in order for the limiters to be released for the rookies, its up to Fate, Nanoha, and Shari to do it, then in order for Nanoha's and Fate's limiters to be released, its up to Hayate, and of course Hayate's got a limiter also so its up to Carim to release that limiter, but has to get permission from Chrono....
so i think overall, getting permission to release the limiters sounds pretty hard.
and limiters are used to hold back competition among other divisions about whose got the stronger unit...although Rein did hint that SOME do play dirty tricks with the limiters...i wonder if this little info will shed more light as episodes go by.
as far as the Church goes, nothing seems suspicious for now....
then comes the first alert....Hayate informing everyone about the danger has got me reminiscent about FMP...hahahah but seems like episode 5 could be the stage of the REAL plot to begin developing and start to reveal itself to us, the audience watching this great anime show!
seems like the intro stage has been completed (although they haven't introduced Chrono or Yuuno yet, nor do we even know if Yuuno will play a big role in this season) and its time for the real story to begin!

oh wells, i guess another week until Subs are ready for episode 5??!!
episode 4, great episode, an 8/10!!

EDIT!
during the sparring training with Nanoha and the rookies, I wanted Nanoha to say something along the lines "If you dont have the intent to kill, then you wont ever win in any battle" or something like that....especially to Subaru, since she blocked all of her close combat attacks!!

Last edited by Ultima_Rasengan05; 2007-04-29 at 08:00. Reason: White devil's advice??!!
Old 2007-04-29, 09:16   Link #416
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
although Rein did hint that SOME do play dirty tricks with the limiters...i wonder if this little info will shed more light as episodes go by.
Yep, and that some one is Hayate - She used the limiters so she could assemble a good number of powerful mages in her squad, that would have been impossible without the limiters

Quote:
EDIT!
during the sparring training with Nanoha and the rookies, I wanted Nanoha to say something along the lines "If you dont have the intent to kill, then you wont ever win in any battle" or something like that....especially to Subaru, since she blocked all of her close combat attacks!!
Would be very out of character for Nanoha to say that. Besides, Nanoha herself has never fought with an intent to kill.
Old 2007-04-29, 09:20   Link #417
eplipswich
The Anime Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Having experienced military life before (and will again soon...), it amuses me to see that the toilet/shower-room for the cadets is so... spacious, so... clean, so... pristine, so... luxurious.
Well Rein and Nanoha did say something like everything is so convenient now, so heh i wouldn't be so surprised that the shower rooms are so clean. Everywhere in this working world is so convenient very likely due to high advancement in technology. (Btw I too am a Singaporean and will be going to army soon......)

Quote:
Why is the Belkan city so... medieval?
Carim is addressed as knight, so...and well Belka is pretty much knight-related, which is why Signum, Zafira, Vita and Shamal are Belkan knights. So when you talk about knights...

Quote:
Raising Heart helped to re-design Subaru's roller-blades and Teana's gun? Uh-oh... looks like they are going to be surprised by the power of their devices.
Heh...probably to some extent, though i doubt they will be too surprised since Shari has already explained that their devices have limiter stages and they are currently set to the 1st level so they won't be too surprised by the powers of their new devices. Maybe to the extent of a different kind of power that they have never experienced before, but that's about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05
Nah...Nanoha is not the sort to say these kind of lines...she's a pretty gentle and kind girl...Maybe Vita will say these kind of lines when it comes to Vita's training (or rather, I bet she will...).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05
i think this is how it goes
in order for the limiters to be released for the rookies, its up to Fate, Nanoha, and Shari to do it, then in order for Nanoha's and Fate's limiters to be released, its up to Hayate, and of course Hayate's got a limiter also so its up to Carim to release that limiter, but has to get permission from Chrono....
I don't think Carim has to get permission from Chrono, because Rein said that Hayate only needs to get permission from either Carim or Chrono to have the limiters removed, so yep...

Anyway my thoughts on this episode: Another development episode, so really nothing special with this episode, but the last part of this episode finally gets the series into its first taste of action, as the new recruits are suddenly getting their first real mission after just getting their new devices (which is pretty ironic, since Hayate said if they unexpectedly go into an emergency situation, they will be able to handle it, and the inevitable thing happens...but well Carim did say the Relic could be found today or tomorrow, so it is bound to happen..)

Yeah the limiters...i think they can only be released when it is absolutely necessary to defeat tough enemies (much like Bleach's Captain's and Vice Captain's limits...)

About the training between the recruits and Nanoha, yeah Nanoha is giving her all out but rather carrying out the training at the appropriate level for the recruits, so Nanoha is allowing them to hit her on purpose. Even at the end when Erio uses his device to hit her, that is pretty much on purpose too.

Okay that's about it. Definitely anticipating the next episode, where the first piece of real action begins

I only watch highly recommended animes ~ ~

Last edited by eplipswich; 2007-04-29 at 09:37.
Old 2007-04-29, 09:37   Link #418
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by eplipswich View Post

I don't think Carim has to get permission from Chrono, because Rein said that Hayate only needs to get permission from either Carim or Chrono to have the limiters removed, so yep...
One more before I call it a night (Get it? 'night' and 'knight' ?... Nvm)

Chrono: Hayate! Why did you remove you limiter!

Hayate: But Carim said I could!

Chrono: Carim! Why did you-!

Carim (teary-eyes): I wanted to say no! B-But, she looked at me with those eyes! A-And she sounded so sad! I couldn't...!

Chrono: Erm... Never mind, I understand...

Hayate (shocked): You made her cry!

Schach (disbelieved): You made her cry!

Acous (dissapointed): You have brought her to tears.

Chrono: I don't want to hear that coming from you three!

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2007-04-29 at 10:01.
Old 2007-04-29, 09:47   Link #419
raidou
Confused person

Send a message via MSN to raidou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
One more before I call it a night (Get it? 'night' and 'knight' ?... Nvm)

Chrono: Hayate! Why did you remove you limiter!

Hayate: But Carim said I could!

Chrono: Carim! Why did you-!

Carim (teary-eyes): I wanted to say no! B-But, she looked at me with those eyes! A-And she sounded so sad! I couldn't...!

Chrono: Erm... Never mind, I understand...

Hayate (shocked): You made her cry!

Schach (disbelieved): You made her cry!

Acous (dissapointed): You have brought her to tears.

Chrono: I don't want to hear that coming from you three!
LOL that's d-gray jokes right?
Old 2007-04-29, 09:49   Link #420
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidou View Post
that's d-gray jokes right?
Spot on.

(Though I didn't quite plan on it It just came to me...)

(Edited it to fit 'Kyon' ...)

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2007-04-29 at 10:00.
Closed Thread