AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2012-04-03, 14:01   Link #101
Lendial

fighting competitively with 2 of the strongest characters is hardly a sad existence. though frankly i hope he is burned to a crisp within the next 2 chapters without ever getting a cliche death flashback.
Old 2012-04-03, 15:26   Link #102
TimeMask
Phantom Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lendial View Post
fighting competitively with 2 of the strongest characters is hardly a sad existence. though frankly i hope he is burned to a crisp within the next 2 chapters without ever getting a cliche death flashback.
The 1st page of this chapter had Kabuto saying he was hated and loathed so its possible Kabuto will get a Danzo style death.

Last edited by TimeMask; 2012-04-04 at 10:22.
TimeMask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-03, 19:14   Link #103
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
fighting competitively with 2 of the strongest characters is hardly a sad existence.
I think you didn't get what i meant. What i meant is shown in your reaction to the battle:
Quote:
though frankly i hope he is burned to a crisp within the next 2 chapters without ever getting a cliche death flashback.
You just don't care despite the fact that this guy has just beaten 2 susanos in his first move meanwhile his Edo Tensei summons are raping the 5 kages and other ninja. Kabuto is not interesting to you despite he almost captured the almighty EMS-Sasuke with his first move.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-03, 23:59   Link #104
james0246

Chapter 581 thread has been opened. Please move all relevant discussions to the new thread.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 07:17   Link #105
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
My problem with Kabuto suddenly becoming the evil boss he is now is that there was no proper build-up. No flashbacks, no screen-time, almost nothing about Kabuto. In part 1 he meets team 7 in the forest of death, then he fights even Tsunade, so we knew he had the ability to become a great ninja, i mean evil ninja. When he healed Hinata i was even thinking that maybe he is some kind of spy, or has some plan. Because there were hints about that, like when Kakashi asks him if he wanted to kill Sasuke, or Orochimaru questions his loyalty. We didn't really know anything about him, but it was promising that he was a boy found on the battlefield and raised by konoha ninja, but then he ended up with Orochi, so it seemed he can have a really interesting story and motivations. But then nothing, Kabuto was forgotten by the author, not even half a chapter about him, whenever we saw him he was just a side character who is Orochi's servant and doesn't really have his own way of thinking. Sasuke didn't even bother to kill him after he absorbed Orochimaru, and since Sasuke was with him for 3 years we could assume that he would know if Kabuto was a threat like Orochimaru.
To be honest, I think this was kind of the point. In a lot of the past arcs there have always been characters who were "in the shadows". They were never onscreen, but did a lot of things offscreen. Kabuto spent a LOT of that offscreen time getting to where he is now.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion