Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-05-25, 02:34   Link #841
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
The series pacing... that had me forget how much time passed from the start of the series -- to the point where they enter Prefecturals. Kuro musta not practiced as hard as Ako.

And thank goodness, Ako didn't grow up to look like Tacos. XD
The main problem is Kuro's ability cannot be rectified.(If rectified, the skill will backfire, and fighting against monsters will be so hard that she is like a C rank Zaku 2 and the enemies are S rank Freedoms.)

Ako...Tacos... why they can rhyme so well?(ko and cos)
Old 2012-05-25, 03:11   Link #842
Kyuu
=^^=

Poor Kuro, as she stated: her powers are negated if she drops a dora. Can't defend. Can't drop dora. That puts her in a pickle.

The thing about dora: sometimes, they are curses, rather than blessings.

===

Also: I called Riichi. What should this person drop?

Spoiler:

Don't mind my points. I was having a crappy game. XD
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 04:22   Link #843
Sol Falling

I've still got practically zero experience actually playing the game but did the guy end up dropping the 7man? I for sure would've done that 'cause I've still got no real sense for defending. Alternatively the 1man is also suji and I wouldn't necessarily have to break tempai. If I were to bail I might start with the bamboos after the 6-pin which would be furiten. Of course I'm also ignoring the possibility of damaten from the other players, potentially a mistake.

About Kuro's power: couldn't she still maintain her power if she simply decided to play defensively? Even if she's locked down by 6 or 7 dora tiles, that's still half of her hand free to defend versus if she were still trying to reach tempai. Quite an obstacle compared to normal players, sure, but I wouldn't think that defending is impossible (against normal players, I mean. I dunno whether she could do anything against someone of Teru's level).
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 04:45   Link #844
Marina2

these are what I think about how can Kuro ability upgraded

1. Can discard dora tile without any backfire (Most important upgrade! Allow more flexible play style)

2. Can activate/deactivate the power (Allow more flexible play style)

3. Can attract unrevealed dora tiles (including Ura-dora)

4. Being “Dragon lord” she can rule over other dragon (attract dragon tiles) and the sky (attract wind tiles)

5. (From, 3,4) Have more control over her power. For example:

- Can choose what kind of tile to attract (i.e. Only red dora/ only ura-dora/only normal dora/attract all dragon and wind but no dora)

- Can choose that she will attract tiles to herself or send them to other person hand

6. Can acknowledge what are unrevealed dora tiles and ura-dora tiles before they are revealed. (To support #3)

If she can do all of these = God like. Very flexible and unpredictable play style. Just think what can she do with her ability.

For example: If she choose to attract all ura-dora tiles, she can get an easy sū kantsu (Four close quads) Yakuman and no one will even know which tiles she’s collecting.

Unfortunately, the most upgrade she will get are likely to be only #1 and #2 (maybe 3 too) or else she’ll be too powerful. (well, unless author wants to turn Kuro into Super-National class monster)

Last edited by Marina2; 2012-05-25 at 05:20.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 06:23   Link #845
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
And thank goodness, Ako didn't grow up to look like Tacos. XD
Maybe Ako turns out to be Tacos's long lost (little) twin sister. Of course, Ako herself hasn't realized this yet.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 11:29   Link #846
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Poor Kuro, as she stated: her powers are negated if she drops a dora. Can't defend. Can't drop dora. That puts her in a pickle.

The thing about dora: sometimes, they are curses, rather than blessings.

===

Also: I called Riichi. What should this person drop?

Spoiler:

Don't mind my points. I was having a crappy game. XD
For me it is 6 pin

6 pin is very safe... Furiten! And since you threw a 6p and 7p along with 8p, 5p is considered half-safe(Can't rule out the fact that you are waiting on a single wait on 5p)

Your possible waits: Single wait on 5m, or a wait on 7m(if its double wait, Furiten!, so it is something like 6m 8m or 8m 9m) Most likely the guy will throw 7m and then you win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
these are what I think about how can Kuro ability upgraded

1. Can discard dora tile without any backfire (Most important upgrade! Allow more flexible play style)

2. Can activate/deactivate the power (Allow more flexible play style)

3. Can attract unrevealed dora tiles (including Ura-dora)

4. Being “Dragon lord” she can rule over other dragon (attract dragon tiles) and the sky (attract wind tiles)

5. (From, 3,4) Have more control over her power. For example:

- Can choose what kind of tile to attract (i.e. Only red dora/ only ura-dora/only normal dora/attract all dragon and wind but no dora)

- Can choose that she will attract tiles to herself or send them to other person hand

6. Can acknowledge what are unrevealed dora tiles and ura-dora tiles before they are revealed. (To support #3)

If she can do all of these = God like. Very flexible and unpredictable play style. Just think what can she do with her ability.

For example: If she choose to attract all ura-dora tiles, she can get an easy sū kantsu (Four close quads) Yakuman and no one will even know which tiles she’s collecting.

Unfortunately, the most upgrade she will get are likely to be only #1 and #2 (maybe 3 too) or else she’ll be too powerful. (well, unless author wants to turn Kuro into Super-National class monster)
Thats the only way to stop Teru time. #4 skill may be her new skill. The rest are just upgrades.
Old 2012-05-25, 13:14   Link #847
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarletknive View Post
For me it is 6 pin

6 pin is very safe... Furiten! And since you threw a 6p and 7p along with 8p, 5p is considered half-safe(Can't rule out the fact that you are waiting on a single wait on 5p)

Your possible waits: Single wait on 5m, or a wait on 7m(if its double wait, Furiten!, so it is something like 6m 8m or 8m 9m) Most likely the guy will throw 7m and then you win.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208
Maybe Ako turns out to be Tacos's long lost (little) twin sister.
At the start of the series... I was like: "Oh crap. Another Tacos. Great..."

Of course, after further "examination" -- "Oh snap, she grew up!"
Old 2012-05-25, 22:05   Link #848
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:

Spoiler:

At the start of the series... I was like: "Oh crap. Another Tacos. Great..."

Of course, after further "examination" -- "Oh snap, she grew up!"
I knew it, you are waiting for hell waits again Kyuu. Wait till you see Moretsu Pirates, where the same VA of Takei Hisa done a suu ankou.
I can hear the tiles too. (8m 9m was discarded way too long enough to make suji usable, the 6m 9m throw on his right makes you not waiting with tiles like 7m 8m.)

You should try not to riichi when you got a yaku already. It often scares enemy players to throw the winning tile and play defensively.
Old 2012-05-25, 23:54   Link #849
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
I knew it, you are waiting for hell waits again Kyuu. Wait till you see Moretsu Pirates, where the same VA of Takei Hisa done a suu ankou. .
Oh, I saw that. I was like: "Whoa!"

Quote:
You should try not to riichi when you got a yaku already. It often scares enemy players to throw the winning tile and play defensively.
For that crazy wait on the 7-man, I believe "riichi" was my only Yaku. Nvm, I had Tanyao as well. My low point total told me: "Screw it. Just go for it." The "riichi" call allowed me to get Haneman off that.

I coin these as "Ninja Ron's". And oh, it's very much part of my repertoire for that reason. For example, my most recent game:

Spoiler:

Go to the Mahjong Group (sig. link). I have plenty of my games documented as such. Wins, losses, and everything else in between.
Old 2012-05-26, 00:31   Link #850
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Oh, I saw that. I was like: "Whoa!"

For that crazy wait on the 7-man, I believe "riichi" was my only Yaku. Nvm, I had Tanyao as well. My low point total told me: "Screw it. Just go for it." The "riichi" call allowed me to get Haneman off that.

I coin these as "Ninja Ron's". And oh, it's very much part of my repertoire for that reason. For example, my most recent game:

Spoiler:

Go to the Mahjong Group (sig. link). I have plenty of my games documented as such. Wins, losses, and everything else in between.
There are many ways to ron people when you riichi in a smart way.
1. If possible, wait on a wind tile.(People will usually throw that when they feel like there is no way to get a pair since it is useless.)
2. Wait on a single wait on terminal tile.(People don't usually wait on terminals as it is hard.)

Otherwise, do not riichi as people will start to use defense skills.(Did that always when I am in tenpai and ends up in a draw or get ron off.) Best to get at least 1 yaku before you win.(My style of playing is simple and fast... like Ako.)
Old 2012-05-26, 01:20   Link #851
Kyuu
=^^=

If you noticed my points - a whopping 1200 -- I decided to call riichi on that crazy wait. I took out all my inhibitions and called it anyways. Called riichi, and not care. :3

* If I died, it'd be with a blaze of glory.
* If I won (and I did), sweet bonus points.
* If it ended up in exhaustive draw, I live another day.

The riichi + ippatsu was enough to put that hand to 6-han, which threw me right back to third. Too bad I blew it later on... (whole 'nother story). XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarletknive
Otherwise, do not riichi as people will start to use defense skills.(Did that always when I am in tenpai and ends up in a draw or get ron off.) Best to get at least 1 yaku before you win.(My style of playing is simple and fast... like Ako.)
In fact, against players of even level or better, y'gotta start using... hidden tactics or crazy stuff -- all to fool people or drive them nuts.

And with no Saki this Sunday -- I will be most certainly crazy. Kookoo, perhaps.
Old 2012-05-26, 03:11   Link #852
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
If you noticed my points - a whopping 1200 -- I decided to call riichi on that crazy wait. I took out all my inhibitions and called it anyways. Called riichi, and not care. :3

* If I died, it'd be with a blaze of glory.
* If I won (and I did), sweet bonus points.
* If it ended up in exhaustive draw, I live another day.

The riichi + ippatsu was enough to put that hand to 6-han, which threw me right back to third. Too bad I blew it later on... (whole 'nother story). XD

In fact, against players of even level or better, y'gotta start using... hidden tactics or crazy stuff -- all to fool people or drive them nuts.

And with no Saki this Sunday -- I will be most certainly crazy. Kookoo, perhaps.
It is always best to play a non-riichi with tanyao hands,(That is, if you are a dealer, or there is still 1 more dealer for you.) as riichi fix your hands and cause you to die as a honor in vain if you get ronned off.
Of course, if I riichi, I will usually riichi with hands that are quite hellish waits, wind tiles, terminal tiles, and dragon tiles.(They are the most impossible for original people like us to wait on. Thats what I did on a iphone game called "mahjong rising"...(Riichi and wait on 1p.) The opponent just nice gives me the tile...
Look at this video about riichi issues.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuwvQZaJDvU

Rawr you make me remember that no Saki for tomorrow Grrr....(Worst case scenario is that I just nice next week got term test =.=)

Speaking of which, you guys know about this? Solve the image's "hidden meaning".(Level 1 question, +1 rep for correct answer, wikipedia is allowed. But I suggest just look at the picture below and get the meaning from there.)

If it shows blank, I will upload at imgur or tinypic.

Last edited by Scarletknive; 2012-05-26 at 08:24.
Scarletknive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 10:09   Link #853
Kyuu
=^^=

Awww. Poor Glasses girl. Not included.

That makes me think: Saki characters + Idolmaster.

XD
Old 2012-05-26, 10:36   Link #854
Marina2

Quote:

Speaking of which, you guys know about this? Solve the image's "hidden meaning".(Level 1 question, +1 rep for correct answer, wikipedia is allowed. But I suggest just look at the picture below and get the meaning from there.)

http://brunhild.sakura.ne.jp/up/src/up559612.jpg

If it shows blank, I will upload at imgur or tinypic.
You should ask your question clearly because I sure I can answer that.....but the way you ask make me confuse.

- Stylip parody?
- Miracle rush CD cover parody
- VA Joke? (One of girl va is not in Stylip)
Old 2012-05-26, 11:02   Link #855
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
You should ask your question clearly because I sure I can answer that.....but the way you ask make me confuse.

- Stylip parody?
- Miracle rush CD cover parody
- VA Joke? (One of girl va is not in Stylip)
Sorry I am bad at english...

Rephrase that again. "Why does that picture exist?"

3rd point is considered correct but all the VA shown there is the same as the members of StylipS. Senriyama minus Mengane Girl= StylipS, so have a reputation.

Quote:
Awww. Poor Glasses girl. Not included.

That makes me think: Saki characters + Idolmaster.

XD
Half-correct. And also, look at the video I posted. The disadvantage of riichi even with a yakuman hand.

Now since I know how to ask questions. Here is another image.

Question: "Why does this picture exist? What is the reference behind this?"(Considered Level 1 or level 2 question: +1 rep for correct answer.)

Hint: Look at the black words on the top right.
Old 2012-05-26, 13:52   Link #856
Key Board
Carbon

It's a reference to this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GF3dUsE2R6k

Jump to 0:45

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqT2QbdheiQ

Similarities:

the name is Toki
is suffering from weak constitution because of an illness
signature move seems to prefer chopping motions. (like when Toki declares her Richi, she raises her hand a in a particular way)
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 21:56   Link #857
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
It's a reference to this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GF3dUsE2R6k

Jump to 0:45

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqT2QbdheiQ

Similarities:

the name is Toki
is suffering from weak constitution because of an illness
signature move seems to prefer chopping motions. (like when Toki declares her Richi, she raises her hand a in a particular way)
"At least you can die without pain."

Correct! Heres a rep.

Guess we have to play mahjong games to satisfy ourselves for the lack of Saki this week.
Old 2012-05-27, 00:03   Link #858
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Guess we have to play mahjong games to satisfy ourselves for the lack of Saki this week.
Or just do what me, Kurogane, and Zyl have been doing, and do a rewatch of the first series. I think I've watched the last ten episodes of S1, and it never gets old, heh.
Old 2012-05-27, 01:10   Link #859
kona~chan
ヘタレ

or you just can watch this
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
funny watching ueda kana attempted rinshan kaiho
kona~chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-27, 01:19   Link #860
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by kona~chan View Post
or you just can watch this
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
funny watching ueda kana attempted rinshan kaiho
No please no...

Ueda Kana: Rishan Kaiho.

Me:NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Sorry I think I must have lost link. But did she did one Rishan kaiho?

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri