Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2008-01-17, 15:39   Link #401
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

*sigh*
Nearly 1 month... gotta love exams and other things to do, with quite the usual "lack of inspiration"...

Well, another kinda "simple and straightforward" sig, though I feel like I was again too lazy >_>

source:

As you might realize with the source: it is basically very hard to find a fitting BG, as the whole mood and all is already working, therefore, any attempt might degenerate the whole thing instead of an enhancement...
I spent like 4 hours on it, because I needed to get back my habits, along with the usual image manipulation: I completely removed the straps of the bra, along with extending the scar on the back + reworking the perspective and expansion of the shoji on the left part (actually I didn't even crop the picture, i cut her completely)

I felt like I shouldn't alterate the picture too much, so I changed the filter and various stuff as you might notice.
Though despite all the changes, the result is a mere "crop like" signature >_>

*sigh* Will try to do a V2 with a totally different BG...

Last edited by Klashikari; 2008-01-23 at 14:30.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-17, 16:13   Link #402
Ice Climbers
Retired
*Graphic Designer

^for some reason, it looks less ecchi w/o the straps of the bra, but the scar on the back is pretty obscure (I first didnt know what it was @@)

I have to agree tho, the mood is already set in this so it is nice that you didnt change the bg, which does indeed give it a more like "crop" sig effect but I can see some obvious differences so not really a "crop" anymore (what I call "modified crop )
Old 2008-01-22, 20:39   Link #403
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

^ Heh... less appeal without the straps...? Sure wasn't expecting that

Well, I tried to rework on the BG completely and here is the result

Huge focus on light, soothe impression and such (some effects are taken from Windy Aria, but for a complete different purpose).
I fear it might be too bright, but I think I was able to put emphasis on the mood. (and NOW it doesn't look like a crop )

Last edited by Klashikari; 2008-01-23 at 14:30.
Old 2008-01-22, 22:31   Link #404
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
Amazing manipulation, you make them look all shape and all. Gives a very good feel to it lol. (Like your first one better)

Last edited by Izayoi; 2008-01-22 at 22:43.
Izayoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-22, 22:33   Link #405
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post

Huge focus on light, soothe impression and such (some effects are taken from Windy Aria, but for a complete different purpose).
I fear it might be too bright, but I think I was able to put emphasis on the mood. (and NOW it doesn't look like a crop )
There's no need to GFX it all up when you can just add a glow and some few glowy particles and it still looks great ^^

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-22, 22:36   Link #406
KasumiGirl
The endless sky
*Graphic Designer

Oh, looks brilliant. ^^ Though it looks somewhat odd because of her dark hair and the light bg.

Nice job.
KasumiGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-23, 01:24   Link #407
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Quote:

I like This Sig....Good work Klash
Old 2008-01-23, 03:58   Link #408
Sephi
Thinking outside the box
*Graphic Designer

I personally like the first version more. I like how the first version has more detail than the second one. It just seems to be a better fit to the render than the second one.

Currently watching: Aria the Origination & Dennou Coil
Sephi: Anime Icons | Signatures & Avatars | Renders
Sephi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-23, 04:53   Link #409
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

^ what he said. The second version is all glowy and looks nice, but I prefer the first because it fits better with the background. The second has a cool looking effect, don't get me wrong, but the first sig pulls all the elements together in a much more effective way.
Old 2008-01-23, 05:57   Link #410
Runa
Fallen Angel
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Runa Send a message via Yahoo to Runa
nope... as for me i like the 2nd better, well the mood was okay in the 1st ver... but if i may say... it lacks imagination.

if we put into definition we could say the girl was waiting for someone in the room, but for the 2nd we could say the girl was bathing in a waterfall, or something like that...

well, the girl look more appeal in the 2nd ver, also not to mention the title fits her... who wouldn't come when you see a Bishoujo bathing in some public place right ?

oh well, it was a while since we could see your works.... good job for both^^
Old 2008-01-23, 13:18   Link #411
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KasumiGirl View Post
Oh, looks brilliant. ^^ Though it looks somewhat odd because of her dark hair and the light bg.
I felt like the hair shouldn't be treated, just like the render was, considering the type of lightning I used on the V2. For a principle of perpective, the light is from the top left, and so, the end of the hair flow shouldn't be directly enlightened by the light flow I believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoie_Emesai View Post
There's no need to GFX it all up when you can just add a glow and some few glowy particles and it still looks great ^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephi View Post
I personally like the first version more. I like how the first version has more detail than the second one. It just seems to be a better fit to the render than the second one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
^ what he said. The second version is all glowy and looks nice, but I prefer the first because it fits better with the background. The second has a cool looking effect, don't get me wrong, but the first sig pulls all the elements together in a much more effective way.
I guess it is really a matter of taste and choices. Personally, I'm still wondering whichever I should use, even if I picked the V2 right now .
In fact, while the details and such are already nice enough, I felt the text and glowing particles a bit too much in such "mood", hence, it is too much outstanding.
Furthermore, I wanted to set the attention more on the render, than a global sight ^^"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runa View Post
nope... as for me i like the 2nd better, well the mood was okay in the 1st ver... but if i may say... it lacks imagination.

if we put into definition we could say the girl was waiting for someone in the room, but for the 2nd we could say the girl was bathing in a waterfall, or something like that...

well, the girl look more appeal in the 2nd ver, also not to mention the title fits her... who wouldn't come when you see a Bishoujo bathing in some public place right ?

oh well, it was a while since we could see your works.... good job for both^^
Yay... I didn't fail, someone said she was almost like bathing !!
First, I wanted to make some sort of a angelic halo or so, but I felt it was too bland and unoriginal, so I tried a stream of light, which was a bit similar to a flow of wind/water (that's why I mimicked a bit Windy Aria here ^^").
That said, it is good that I didn't see (yet) any complaint of too bright/busy

Hell about time I did some sigs... i guess I overcame the christmas overload XD (and optionally, these damn exams)
Old 2008-01-26, 21:22   Link #412
lazyasian224
Woot Eclair is a hottie
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to lazyasian224
oh wow.. ima have to agree with Runa here. i like the 2nd one a lot better
cant really explain it but it feels really peaceful and calm, sorta like shes feeling a gentle breeze brush by.
nice job.. i wish i could come back from a break with a siggy like that
lazyasian224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-06, 21:12   Link #413
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Yo, had to go back all the way to page 4 just to find your thread again Klash.

Quote:

As for your latest sig, I actually like both versions.

I could end up liking the second a bit more on the long run, though.

Love your work on the text as usual.
Old 2008-02-08, 06:52   Link #414
darkjester
Desu Desu Desu!!!
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to darkjester Send a message via MSN to darkjester Send a message via Yahoo to darkjester
love yo latest sigs... both versions are equally nice...

k thxs
darkjester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-08, 11:47   Link #415
Ayame_
Ever Bright, Ever Blue
*Graphic Designer

Both are very nice, I love the lighting.
On the top one, to me, the glow trails seem a bit out of place. It would look just fine to me without them. But that is a stylistic preference, to each his own. Both still look great.
Ayame_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-08, 16:50   Link #416
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Both are great. Love the first.
Old 2008-02-18, 12:37   Link #417
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I begin to be afraid of my pace... it looks like I'm spacing more and more *sigh*

new sig which has hardly anything special:

source:

just a little piece of information here: Kagura is the name of this character, but stands for the name of the ritual dance performed by the shamaness/shrine priestess in the shinto.

Again, another picture which hardly require any extravagant effect or elements along with it. instead, I put emphasis with the angle, size and the color manipulation along with the sakura petals. I preferred here some wind and light, but nothing fancy and "fairy" like unlike the previous one.
The source was kinda tedious because of the starting quality.
Old 2008-02-18, 18:37   Link #418
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

I like it. It has a "floaty" kind of feeling, like she's dancing through the air. The image seems simple, but there's a lot of detail and would be too crowded with a lot of effects, imo.
Old 2008-02-18, 18:47   Link #419
Ice Climbers
Retired
*Graphic Designer

Simple is the upside of this sig, no effects are really needed for a smooth image like this

of course, shininess ftw :3
Old 2008-09-06, 17:46   Link #420
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

And now people, it is time to excavate that poor and long forgotten thread !

Everything went downhill with: may/june exams, family trip at LA, huge work on umineko patch, and inspiration block out >_>

That said, finally go through this horrible state!

Bern-chan!
Witch of Miracles, Bernkastel, from Umineko no Naku Koro ni.

This signature was hellish as I already had hard time to select the picture I wanted to use (there aren't many good looking fanart for Bernkastel, and none were the cold/lifeless I wanted to use). In the end, some cuty one, though I tried to put emphasis on her observer stance with the "planar BG" I tried to craft for... 2-3 hours (smudge and lots of patience...)

I tried my best for her blending, so she won't "appose" her presence, nor she would feel "part of the BG" either. Hence, as she is quite the observer, I used soft colors and 3-4 blending modes in order to give the feeling she is "fading in/out".

as you can see, I'm still a BLUE lover

Last edited by Klashikari; 2008-09-06 at 18:00.