AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-10-02, 19:39   Link #4221
maverickudo
Duwah!

Send a message via AIM to maverickudo
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post
Yea she aimed the father remark at the earl !
read the manga....the earl isn't her father but the guy next to her.

im ok with the way they are going to take a break. it's true "fin" is a very delicate way to end a long series...compared to popular demand of the narutos and the bleaches....you have to understand that it isn't that many chapters away from where this left of. the manga needs to advance and i think it's doing good so far. considering as well..that pretty much all the manga is at the monet are arcs. anyway...it's a great show. worth putting money in for the dvds help them out..show your dedication. i wonder if the dub's gonna be any good.
maverickudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 19:40   Link #4222
molitar

What the heck? Nothing was answered.. Why is the Earl trying to destroy the world? Why are the Noah's who seem to enjoy the life want to destroy the world? Why do the Noah's feel God betrayed them? It really answered none of these major questions.
molitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 20:57   Link #4223
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Anyone has news when the eighth ending CD single is going to come out, as well as for a possible third soundtrack release date?
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 21:09   Link #4224
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
As someone said, there'll be a music cd included with dvd 2nd stage-11, to be released in January. This bonus cd supposedly brings "unreleased soundtrack".

'Changin' single, containing the last ending theme, was released in July.
Oh btw, the "D Gray Man complete best album" with all OP/ED songs was released this week. Apparently it's having pretty strong sales.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 21:39   Link #4225
elite-dreams
Boku no matsuro

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitar
What the heck? Nothing was answered.. Why is the Earl trying to destroy the world? Why are the Noah's who seem to enjoy the life want to destroy the world? Why do the Noah's feel God betrayed them? It really answered none of these major questions.
its not over yet >.>, read the manga if you wana head start.

man, so looking foward to the next season(hopefully).
where did the anime leave off in the manga?
elite-dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 22:24   Link #4226
Jayrrus82

This question was probably asked already but i just finished watching 103 is this really it?
What happened? Did the anime fall in the same perdicament as Air Gear and inuyasha?
Jayrrus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 01:17   Link #4227
shotgunsuzie

is it over?
shotgunsuzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 01:31   Link #4228
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayrrus82 View Post
This question was probably asked already but i just finished watching 103 is this really it?
What happened? Did the anime fall in the same perdicament as Air Gear and inuyasha?
Really it just ran out of road, so to speak. Really not that far behind the manga so there weren't many options left. Either go on some horribly long and ugly filler arc or stop for now. Went with the latter and think that was a good choice. Whether they come back or not may not be known for some time. Need to build up the space again.
Old 2008-10-03, 04:21   Link #4229
Xburnout
Cake>Pie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Really it just ran out of road, so to speak. Really not that far behind the manga so there weren't many options left. Either go on some horribly long and ugly filler arc or stop for now. Went with the latter and think that was a good choice. Whether they come back or not may not be known for some time. Need to build up the space again.

This is one of my all time favorite animes, so I hope it does eventually come back in anime form and is not Ranma 1/2'd. So many things left unanswered, and I really wanted to see Allen evolve and get stronger.

If it doesn't however, I suppose I'll start the manga even though I hate them. >_>
Old 2008-10-03, 04:36   Link #4230
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
as well as for a possible third soundtrack release date?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goty View Post
As someone said, there'll be a music cd included with dvd 2nd stage-11, to be released in January. This bonus cd supposedly brings "unreleased soundtrack".
Yep that was me. Goes to show some people don't read my posts.
Old 2008-10-03, 04:45   Link #4231
Mega-Japan
Capuchuuuuuuuuuu!!!

Send a message via AIM to Mega-Japan Send a message via Yahoo to Mega-Japan
The only part in the anime I though was somewhat boring was in the 40/50s when they were still looking for General Cross Marian (before meeting the Lv3 Akumas), I was like "....." the whole time while watching it.

Then in got interesting when they all got to Japan. Overall, it was a good anime, who knows what will be of it.
Old 2008-10-03, 05:16   Link #4232
Chichi

Yeah, it's unfortunate that it ended so abruptly and left many things unanswered. Let's hope the show is really on hiatus to allow the Manga to continue... I'm assuming this is pre-speculation and isn't official?
Chichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 10:05   Link #4233
bmoredragon

though i don't post much and I am not sure if this matters but this has been the best anime i have watched thus far. I am sad to see it stop and hopefully it is temporary, So many unanswered questions I can only imagine how things will turn out until it comes back, I apprecaite reading everyone posts and keeping me up to date when i wasn't and showing other aspects i might not have thought of. This has been the best anime experience i have ever had. Thanks
bmoredragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 10:20   Link #4234
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Well its over for now and what a ride it was. In the end the level 4 got owned but it took the combined effort of Cross, Lenalee and Allen and the rest of the Generals showing up to stop his escape. After all is said and done the Order preformed well under this assult but they still got their assess handed to them. But a lot of others survived so its not all bad. But some didnt and watching the tearful goodbye of Tapp was hard to watch, but at the end at least he regained his memories in the end.

A couple of things really stood out and it sucks because we wont have any answers till the anime picks back up again (unless your a manga reader) I find it very interesting that every equipment type Innocence user can basically achieve with a contract of blood the same power up Lenalee got. This could be the Orders answer to Akuma evolving into more powerful beings. The second thing was the mention of how the Earl could have destroyed the Order at anytime and also The Earl questioning why he let Allen live. These are all very serious parts to the plot at whole .

I love Lenalees new innocence deactivated form little red Anklets how appropriate for her. In the end i loved the series so much once of favorite its just interesting to watch and the whole cast of characters get you drawn in and make you wonder whats going to happen to them will they pull through or will they fall on the battlefield. I most def want more and will be on the look for D.Gray-man comes around again.

Another little thing i love about the series. D.Gray-man has had some of the best uniforms i have ever seen and usually after a huge battle or ending of a cliffhanger the change uniforms. These new Black and Red with a hint of white are just kick ass. I cant help to but to notice that with each new uniform change they get darker and darker less white and more black. If you compare them to the first Uniforms we saw that had a lot of white in them the last pair of uniforms and the news one barely had any and the new ones have red which count indicate blood or a blood pact. I think the uniforms are a way to show how things have progressed given contrast of Good vs. Evil or Light vs Dark. But we all know the line between Evil and Good is actually very thin and with Light there could be no dark and vice versa. Just some food for thought.
Old 2008-10-03, 10:44   Link #4235
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Well, I'm almost certain someone has brought up already, but in any case- I strongly advise people to continue the series with the manga.

Anyway, I was quite surprise with how much the anime cut and sqeezed into this last episode. The fight with the Lv 4 is a given; as expected they extended it alittle to show moar Allen and Lenalee action! Cross was plenty bad-ass here as well It was really an effort from all three of them that took down the Akuma once and for all.

Pieces that they squeezed in...

Spoiler:
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 11:39   Link #4236
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
It was really an effort from all three of them that took down the Akuma once and for all.
You think so? From the looks of it, Cross didn't really have any trouble at all. This just shown yet again how insanely powerful he is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Spoiler:
Heh, he looks it from that smile he gave.
Old 2008-10-03, 13:33   Link #4237
ani_d

Any news regarding a 3rd season? Or are they really intent on making us continue with the manga?
Old 2008-10-03, 13:37   Link #4238
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_d View Post
Any news regarding a 3rd season? Or are they really intent on making us continue with the manga?
There's no news at all on a third season. If there is going to be, then it's hard to tell when they'd let out this information to us fans. We just gotta keep our fingers crossed.

Over the past few days i've been working on collecting the manga, and i now have 9 volumes (10 shall arrive sometime next week). I'll give me full thoughts on the manga, in the manga thread pretty soon.
Old 2008-10-03, 15:54   Link #4239
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode 103. Resounding in the Long Morning

So the long morning has ended at last with Level 4 sighing its last breath of life.

It was such a brutal and ferocious battle, but I absolutely loved how it rocked at the start, and how it ended.

Cross and Lenalee & Allen packed a punch and kicked butt imperially.
Spoiler:

Tears and mourns was what echoed through the hallways of the Order even if the battle was won. Sadness coming from Lenalee, Allen, the survivors, and many others.
The cruel reality of war has not ended because it seems that those lives sacrificed and others before them will be wasted in vain....
Spoiler:

The thing is that the episode pictured and captured very well the drama and anguish of the characters' sorrow and sense of insecurity.

Another war is under way, and according to the Earl's plan he intends to profit from the devastation and emptiness produced by it to create more Akuma in the flesh.

Changing topic, for the astute manga readers who had observed in detail the last anime episode took creative but minor liberties with the pacing and dialogue of the events that happened for chapters 156 to 158 of the manga.
Spoiler:

I do have an answer as to why the Earl is allowing to let live the Order for now, however, I won't post it because that's spoiler. In fact, in the manga, in that same ballroom scene, the Earl did mention his reasons to let the Order roam scot-free, but this last anime episode intentionally omitted that line of dialogue in order to keep the audience in suspense at the moment.

Last and most important is the evolution of Lenalee's Innocence.
Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 16:49   Link #4240
SkoolRumble4Ya

The fight was intense. I love the teamwork between the trio. I hate how that level 4 keep on talking shit and then try to runaway when he's gonna die. I'm gonna miss this show and hope it airs a year later.
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, gothic, shounen, steampunk