AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Zero no Tsukaima

Notices

View Poll Results: Zero no Tsukaima (third season) - Total Series Rating
Perfect 10 20 14.93%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 9.70%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 23 17.16%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 11.19%
6 out of 10 : Average 21 15.67%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 21 15.67%
4 out of 10 : Poor 12 8.96%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.49%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 1.49%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 3.73%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-10-16, 16:59   Link #21
Torri_fay_torren@hot
Former # 47

The thing about this series is you have to take it all together. I don't really break up the seasons in my mind, it all flows into one story line. If I do it like then then I really like it. Is there a 4th season coming?
Old 2008-10-19, 01:23   Link #22
MooMooFarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torri_fay_torren@hot View Post
The thing about this series is you have to take it all together. I don't really break up the seasons in my mind, it all flows into one story line. If I do it like then then I really like it. Is there a 4th season coming?
^That is the only question I really care about =[ and the FAQ does not address this.
Old 2008-10-21, 10:01   Link #23
Solafighter
Hige

After watching the 12th episode, the big question was ... "Is that all?"

Mmh well ...

However ...

Relationship between Louise and Saito kinda resetet.
I got bored of Louises crying.
I expected more.
Old 2008-10-21, 10:43   Link #24
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Solafighter, if you have some time, go read the translated ZnT novels though it is still halfway through volume 8 you will not be disappointed.
Old 2008-10-25, 09:42   Link #25
Solafighter
Hige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Solafighter, if you have some time, go read the translated ZnT novels though it is still halfway through volume 8 you will not be disappointed.
Ah thanks for the tip.
Old 2008-11-16, 18:55   Link #26
Hari Michiru
Insane Fangirl
*Author

Animation Quality: 8

Most of the animation was done pretty smoothly, so I was okay with it. Too bad the colouring was a bit O_O sometimes.

Voice Actors: 9

I liked Saito's voice, and the emotion the VA put into it. All the other characters had a solid VA behind them too, except for Louise. Omg, her voice was just...drop dead annoying to me.

Script: 2

The yuri episode was totally unnecessary and awkward. Last time I checked, most people don't want to see an entire episode of girls kissing and hugging other girls. The ecchi was okay, since some of it was in the novels too, but some of it was awkward too. I wished they stay a bit more faithful to the novels, because the changes they made didn't make any sense to me.

Editing: 2

Maybe if the editing was better, the series would have been too...

Emotional Involvement: 3

The really 'sad' parts didn't stir up a single tear from me, but the comedy was okay. Sometimes.

Overall Rating: 6

I'm a novel fan, so I am a bit biased towards the anime.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Old 2008-11-25, 23:34   Link #27
Isekaijin

I was really dissapointed with the third season.

Although I was expecting it because of the Saito returning home thing, it was a blow, nevertheless.

The voice acting was superb as always. But it didn't cover the most important points. As usual JC Staff blew it again.

But then again, aside from the ball of Sleipnir there weren't many good scenes in the novels, so I can't totally blame them.
Old 2008-11-29, 23:34   Link #28
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

ok just finished watching the series and all I can say is...............actually I have no words cause I'm still at a complete loss to one part of the series.

Something I know I will never ever ever never ever understand is why in ep 6 Saito didn't tap "that" cause I know I would have had her over the table and .......well lets not go down that road shall we

I mean even if you disliked or maybe evne hated her you still would, it baffles on the cosmic scale

one thing I did really like is Tabitha at the end was just win!

oh and the man boob joke totally caught me off, I was eating at the time and spat my food all over the desk cause of it

now I did have some other things to chit chat and nitpick at but the thing with ep 6 just kinda made me forget the rest........I just can't get my head around it.
Old 2008-11-30, 16:15   Link #29
Arthas1011
Bring on the blood mortal

General impression of the series.
EXCELLENT
Opinions on the overall story, writing & plot devices.
The plot was pretty good.... a real WOW factor with the ending
Spoiler for EPISODE. READ AT OWN RISK:

Thoughts about the animation quality.
Animation queality was great.... might not think so after my animation course though
Characters/Character Design
Characters were amazing (My fave was tabitha)
Spoiler for Rambling but don't read if you havent seen the peeping episode:
Old 2008-11-30, 17:40   Link #30
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthas1011 View Post
The plot was pretty good.... a real WOW factor with the ending
Read the novels. Thats where the wow part is in. Not in anime, sadly. Rushed plot a lot of plot-holes no significant character development - overall one of the worser animes of the season. It still works for the fanservice though. Everything else- meh.
Old 2008-11-30, 20:06   Link #31
Arthas1011
Bring on the blood mortal

We don't have the novels here mate
Old 2008-12-01, 01:37   Link #32
Darknemo2000

You have the internet. Which means you can read those novels anytime in english. Well the (9 volumes that have been translated into english). Can't tell the site as it is forbidden but just PM the poeple who think might know and they will give you a link through private.
Old 2009-01-03, 03:26   Link #33
Blank-Mage
Maniacal laughter ensues.

Just finished the series recently! I was checking for word on season 4, but I guess not. Well, it's not likely to end on that note, they haven't even disposed of the villain proper. I give this season a five because for a romantic comedy, there really isn't much romance. I mean, it's been three seasons and Louise is pretty much exactly the same as she was towards the end of season 1. I hope she gets a bit farther in their relationship next time, because watching Saito get with the crop isn't getting anywhere, and I'd like some character development.

(Seriously, Tabitha has a more developed character!)

Last edited by Blank-Mage; 2009-01-03 at 03:27. Reason: typo
Old 2009-06-25, 21:16   Link #34
MadhatterHearts

hmm i gave it a ten i really liked plainly the whole seriesn;D
Old 2009-06-25, 23:41   Link #35
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blank-Mage View Post
Just finished the series recently! I was checking for word on season 4, but I guess not. Well, it's not likely to end on that note, they haven't even disposed of the villain proper. I give this season a five because for a romantic comedy, there really isn't much romance. I mean, it's been three seasons and Louise is pretty much exactly the same as she was towards the end of season 1. I hope she gets a bit farther in their relationship next time, because watching Saito get with the crop isn't getting anywhere, and I'd like some character development.

(Seriously, Tabitha has a more developed character!)
Again this is the series where you should read novels. While all other adaptations of the novels (Spice and Wolf, Shakugan no Shana, Haruhi) were done fairly enough (in Haruhi and SaW I would say done very well, in Shana's case they changed quite a bit of things and I cannot say they made it more enjoyable), sadly, anime maked ZnT no justice whatsoever - there is almost no character development, plot is barely visable, - its just a repetition of boob and S&M jokes one after another, again and again and again and again and again and again....

And there is almsot no romance in it either... I mean other girls kiss Louise just as often if not more often than Saito does (in novels, such yuri fanswervice happens only once, while Saito and Louise kissed each other twice as much as in the anime at this point, heck they almost had
Spoiler for la:
already.)

Last edited by Darknemo2000; 2009-06-26 at 02:17.
Old 2009-06-26, 00:15   Link #36
Terminator98
Archangelic Demon Vampire
*Author

*cough-cough*... ( comes back from reading a lot of ZnT novels )

The concern of wanting to make more wtf posts was right.... XD

Anyways... now that I watch the anime again... I really can't understand why all changed...

And: @Dark's spoiler... in the anime they nearly had it 2 also...
Old 2009-06-26, 02:24   Link #37
Darknemo2000

In anime it felt way out of the place and forced - in novels it looked like natural progression of their feelings.

Guess now you do not like how second season ended too, Terminator98?
Old 2009-06-26, 10:28   Link #38
Terminator98
Archangelic Demon Vampire
*Author

i said before Dark, I did like the last episode, but only the first half (OMG WTF, made my eyes shed water) , the second half kinda ruined it all (it would've been OK even if Saito came back, but hell, the usual Baka-Inu joke pissed me off...).

AS I said before, it would've been better if they let Saito "dead" in season 2, and give suspense for season 3. (That'd make a lot of people emotionally touched. The Eclair D'amour idea was nice though)
Old 2009-06-26, 11:14   Link #39
Darknemo2000

Well now when you know how the volumes 7 and 8 went in the novels, you can bit better imagine the situation that was changed/skipped.
Old 2009-09-03, 02:02   Link #40
radioIzzy
stuck in a harem genre
*Artist

Wow. only two pages in this thread.

I was really hoping this season would be awesome, but it fell short by a lot.
Closed Thread