AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shuffle!

Notices

Old 2007-03-28, 02:05   Link #21
WhiteWings

Out of the five main girls I thought she'd be most likely to have a more natural and normal relationship with Rin.

Nerine, she's hot and graceful as one might expect from a princess. But the fact that she's a princess makes things a tad harder to have an easily manageable relationship between a girl and boy. There's also the fact that it was Nerine's clone who had a connection with Rin in the first place and relationship between Rin and Nerine was initially rather forced rudely.

Sia, shares many of the problems Nerine has save that Sia has an illegitimate sibling within who has a completely different personality in a single body.

Primula, though she's only a bit younger than Rin she's a bit too much like a little girl and it's gonna take some effort, and time, to really have a romantic relationship with the girl.

Kaede, too much a childhood friend to be a girlfriend. And who also probably despite Rin's own choices probably deeply scarred Rin deep in his heart.

Then what about the secondary character girls?

Kareha? Maybe, but one needs to overlook her dreamgirl mode and the fact that she's a friend of another potential girlfriend.

Mayumi? Too much of a friend. Rin isn't the type to choose a girl because of her top heaviness but to each other they’re just good friends though a romantic relationship isn’t impossible.

Nadeshiko? She’s a teacher. A lot of obstacles to jump over.

Ama? She’s a single mom of a friend. No matter how hot and young she is she’s still a single mother with a shady past.

So finally, out of all those people Asa is left. She’s a good cook and possibly athletic. She’s one of the most popular girls because of her personality and looks even though she’s overshadowed by the three princesses. There are no real baggage between her and Rin. Rin’s obligations to Kaede and Asa’s problems due to her heritage were the only real problem to a potential relationship.

So why not Asa? At least it was a bit less common than having one of he top three girls be chosen or no real choosing of girl like some other series have.
Old 2007-03-28, 06:03   Link #22
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWings View Post
Nadeshiko? She’s a teacher. A lot of obstacles to jump over.
not in the really?really! game the obstacles where like paper walls :3

Quote:
So why not Asa? At least it was a bit less common than having one of he top three girls be chosen or no real choosing of girl like some other series have.
but asa is also one of the main girls...from ep one i could have made a bet that there is more about asa than what meets the eye ~ and sure enough she ended up with rin (tho not fully)

i dont mind asa "winning" as love is free in my perspective...the only problem was the execution in that there was just too many holes in the ground!

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-28, 11:17   Link #23
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWings View Post
Ama? She’s a single mom of a friend. No matter how hot and young she is she’s still a single mother with a shady past.
Asa's dad is still around, just conviently missing. :3
Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-28, 12:30   Link #24
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riker View Post
Asa's dad is still around, just conviently missing. :3
very convenient missing

Now Riker, not that we are accusing you or anything but you wouldn't happen to know what happen what Mr. Shigure?
Old 2007-03-28, 13:02   Link #25
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
very convenient missing

Now Riker, not that we are accusing you or anything but you wouldn't happen to know what happen what Mr. Shigure?
The same thing that happened to Mr Fuyou, as well as parents in bishoujo games where the main character lives with his (non blood related) imouto. It's kind of a de facto standard. : O

For all I know, he might be camping the mountain sides waiting for another "accident" to happen. :x
Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-30, 02:50   Link #26
Bondius
Busting in on girls.. O.O

*grabs backpack and heads to the mountains*
I'm not coming back without a demoness xD ... or a half-demoness
Hmm ... must find the chemical reaction to open the kaimon :>
Bondius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 03:52   Link #27
Bondius

Hello, fellow Asa fans ... I have a present for all of you. I found the "no credits" version of the Shuffle! Memories Asa OP and ED. It just fills my heart to see the high-quality ending. And you can even download them:
The opening, 790x396 resolution, no TV credits
The ending, 790x396 resolution, no TV credits (I just love this one, thinking of making wallpapers out of it ^.^)
The opening, 1280x720 resolution (way better), sadly with TV credits

Enjoy 'em, I know I am ^.^
*returns to AAA command center*
Old 2007-04-24, 16:02   Link #28
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Asa 4 life yo.

I just hope that a new version of shuffle is made that has him get with someone else because alot of people hate Asa.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-25, 14:24   Link #29
NaweG
Just some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondius View Post
And you can even download them:
Pardon my ignorance... but how?
Old 2007-04-26, 04:23   Link #30
Bondius

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaweG View Post
Pardon my ignorance... but how?
Old 2007-04-26, 12:22   Link #31
NaweG
Just some guy

Thanks! Nothing like noticing what's on a unique interface
Old 2007-05-01, 20:38   Link #32
Tabris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondius View Post
The first thing that caught my eye about her (physically) was the longer lock of hair on her left, which she keeps her ribbon tied to it. It looked a bit strange at first yet very original compared to other hairstyles in animes.

Gotta admit it ... she looks great just the way she is, Rin is one lucky son-of-a-gun who doesn't quite deserve a great girl like Asa but that's the way things go hehe.
I always thought that.

But one of the most appealing things about Asa over the other girls is that Rin could effectively communicate with her. Something which I think is essential for a decent relationship. Rather than slaving over him like the other 3 did (not including Primula), she was someone that was always there for him and a person he could seek counsel from.

That being said, marrying Sia, then going all Polygamy would have been a much smarter choice
Tabris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-29, 12:46   Link #33
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

All Hail the Rebirth of Ai Ai Asa

Anyone who cares to join please go to the social group
Old 2008-07-07, 11:01   Link #34
anime ronin
death by animeoverdos X_X

yay asa! my favorite character from the beginning. even though i was rooting for her from the beginning, before rin started connecting to asa more i was actually suprised she was chose in the end. but im happy he picked her. i still dont fully understand why she didnt want to use magic though...

PIRATES DOCKING 6!!! GIANT ROBOT SOLDIER!!! BIG EMPEROR!!!
anime ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-27, 21:56   Link #35
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

Ok, I know in terms of category Asa sempai is "beautiful" and "hot" rather than "cute", but would I be weird to consider her also in the latter category as well?

On another note:

15 years ago, Itou Miki, the voice actress of Asa-sempai, beat the absolute living-daylights out of Super-Saiyajin Vegeta of Dragonball Z while playing the character of Artificial Human Number 18.

The image of Asa-sempain beating up Vegeta... oh boy....
Ronin Aquila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 20:36   Link #36
baga

Asa <3333

So amazing, such an amazing personality! She looks absolutely amazing too, but the personality is what really makes the difference.
baga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-09, 21:51   Link #37
ScarletFox

She is amazing, I just played the visual novel and re-watched the anime (I watched it like 3 years ago!). I really like her! She's strong, independent, understanding, energetic, a great cook, and how she acts bold even though she's embarrassed is really cute (like putting a cookie in her mouth for Rin to eat, which Rin did in the game).

Just two questions, does anyone know where I can get even more of Asa? I've seen Shuffle! Memories, and the sequels to Shuffle! aren't translated (even the remake Shuffle! Essence+), the manga wasn't completely translated (and I think Rin chose someone else in it), and the novels aren't translated at all.

My second question, do the sequels to the game Shuffle! (Really? Really! and Tick! Tack!) have Asa in it or have Asa h-scenes?

I'm sad because I want more Asa! Help me!
ScarletFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-10, 09:42   Link #38
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

Tick!Tack! is pretty much purely Nerine (well ...) ... Both Really?Really! and Essence+ have some new infomations (and as of the former h-scenes) 'bout Asa
Sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-28, 23:09   Link #39
chaosangel
iwasawa fan

asa has been my favorite character from the beggining and as the series progressed she became my favorite anime character ever. I can see if you had your eyes set on another one of them getting rin you would be upset but im extremely happy she got rin, sorry it would be he got asa.
chaosangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 05:22   Link #40
shuki

mmm...interesting info, thanks
shuki is offline   Reply With Quote