AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2010-08-04, 17:51   Link #41
Slayerx

Quote:
^Considering how fast Naruto moved (near instantaneous, if not instantaneous...but it's still Shuushin), who knows if Kisame could have stabbed Kirabi or not.
As we saw, Kisame did get a few moments to do as he wanted before anyone tried to attack him... in the time he took to jump up and reveal himself he could have stabbed bee in just a second of that time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnous View Post
Well, they do need him alive. Stabbing doesn't really help if he can't take him with him. So escaping (alone) was the better option.
first; i said immobolize, not kill...

Second; a bad enough wound could take days or even weeks to recover from which means that it would be possible to come back and try and capture him again, and it would be easier than having to directly fight him.

third; Kisame retreated because he did not think he could take on three opponents; eliminating Bee however would greatly increase his chances (though he would not have realized that Naruto has him outclassed)

forth; one good shot to the spine could have left Bee permanently paralyzed and handicapped making future capture easier... hell Kisame might have even been able to sever a limb or two from his position.

really considering it would have only taken a split second, Kisame didn't have a reason NOT to stab Bee

And this does actually reinforce something i mentioned a long time ago, about how this kyuubi taming was a prime chance for Bee... just after Naruto started his training, Bee could have stabbed and immobilized Bee... He would still have Yamato to deal with, but it think Kisame has enough power to atleast knock Yamato back long enough for him to stab Naruto; with Naruto badly injured it may make it impossible for him to win the fight against the kyuubi... Kisame could grab Bee, leave, and lock Naruto inside the temple... the kyuubi would be unleashed but trapped in the temple, ripe for the picking later.

instead, Kisame let Naruto get a super power up... great job fishman
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-04, 18:23   Link #42
james0246

^You forget, Naruto can literally read/sense intentions now. So, it seems safe to assume that Naruto could have read Kisame's possible intention to stab Kirabi and acted.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-04, 18:33   Link #43
Slayerx

^while i still SERIOUSLY doubt Naruto being able to stop kisame as sensing "evil" emotions is not the same as reading minds, the fact would remain that Kisame did not KNOW Naruto would be fast enough to stop him and thus has no excuse for not TRYING to stab Bee

Doesn't matter whether or not it would have worked... only that kisame should have been smart enough to try
Old 2010-08-04, 18:36   Link #44
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Hmm pretty ok chapter I guess. Kisames fusion with Samedaha turned him into a bug like creature.

I was expecting Naruto to look a bit more normal. Like nine-tails form or something not the sage seal all over him. Don't want to be seeing that everytime he uses it.

Naruto instantly learning hirashin? that quickly is a bit eh....too quick I guess.

Kisame definitely not dead yet. Hoping for Kishi to end Kisame or let him escape by himself....don't have Sasuke or Madara come.
Old 2010-08-04, 18:45   Link #45
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
I really don't like sudden power ups like that, but besides that the chapter was ok. I wonder who's going to end up fighting Kisame. I mean Kishimoto basically said it was going to be Guy, by saying he was his destined opponent, but there are still two jinjuuriki, Yamato and the other two. I doubt they are just going to watch as Guy destroys his own body infront of their eyes.

Well, maybe Kisame uses some of those dirty water prison jutsus on the others. He's probably trying to take the weakest one out first, and ends up miscalculating Guy's power.

Last edited by ZGoten; 2010-08-04 at 19:03.
ZGoten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-04, 18:49   Link #46
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Naruto instantly learning hirashin? that quickly is a bit eh....too quick I guess.
It was not Hiraishin, Naruto was just really really fast.
Old 2010-08-04, 19:12   Link #47
Freya

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
oooo thank God. Way too many powerups from "taming" Nine-tails and seeing a flashback.
Old 2010-08-04, 19:14   Link #48
Zek
Eyebrows...

Geez Naruto's growth is beyond ridiculous now, he was already the strongest person in the village and now he's gone SSJ... How much actual time has passed since the timeskip anyway?

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Bee specifically refers to it as a "yellow flash," and then Yamato comments that he hasn't reached the Fourth's level yet. I think it's hiraishin, which makes zero sense but we all knew it had to happen eventually.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-04, 19:16   Link #49
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

It wasn't Hiraishin. Hiraishin is teleporting, while Naruto is simply moving very fast. That's why his foot was embedded in the wall.
Old 2010-08-04, 19:19   Link #50
Ero-Senn1n

Wow, it seems to be going as i wished
I mean Naruto will be fighting in a human form when using full power of the kyuubi, this is cool. There were signs before that he will differ from other hosts, first he has sage mode and second is that only half of the demon is in his body. I wanted to see Naruto fight as a ninja and not as a monster, moster fights turn out to be boring.

So "that jutsu" is either the kyuubi-mode (the partial and full transformations that KillerBee used against Kisame) or something unknown that requires a huge amount of chakra.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-04, 19:21   Link #51
Freya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
Wow, it seems to be going as i wished
I mean Naruto will be fighting in a human form when using full power of the kyuubi, this is cool. There were signs before that he will differ from other hosts, first he has sage mode and second is that only half of the demon is in his body. I wanted to see Naruto fight as a ninja and not as a monster, moster fights turn out to be boring.

So "that jutsu" is either the kyuubi-mode (the partial and full transformations that KillerBee used against Kisame) or something unknown that requires a huge amount of chakra.
Or....it could just be Naruto in this new kyuubi-mode and then uses fuuton-rasenshuriken.
Old 2010-08-04, 19:32   Link #52
Otani-kun
Beta Tester

Send a message via MSN to Otani-kun
I wonder if Naruto is gonna keep using sage mode. ;O
With his new powers, he doesnt really need it anymore, unless he combines sage mode + kyuubi form together, but that would just make him ridiculously powerful.

...then again, Sasuke has his haxx powers so it evens out. ._.
Otani-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-04, 19:33   Link #53
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zek View Post
Bee specifically refers to it as a "yellow flash," and then Yamato comments that he hasn't reached the Fourth's level yet. I think it's hiraishin, which makes zero sense but we all knew it had to happen eventually.
No, Bee says all he saw was a yellow flash... an obvious reference to the 4th, but Bee himself does not know Naruto's heritage and does not know the technique itself... they also comment that Naruto has incredible speed; and as mentioned the reason Naruto got his foot stuck in the ground is due to speed he was moving at; Hiraishin is teleportation, not high speed movement... the 4th himself never gave off a yellow flash when he teleported, that was just a nickname based on the name of his technique
Old 2010-08-04, 19:35   Link #54
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Some of you guys forget that Yondaime was also extraordinarily fast without using hiraishin, his shunshin was stupendously fast that he could take out entire platoons by himself.

I won't even call Naruto's new power fox powers that right there is Rikkodou Mode in my opinion, Naruto has unlocked the body of Rikkodou Sennin, he looks almost exactly like the silhoutte with the horns, the magatama beads and the hair.

I'm guessing that Sasuke's new power up is going to get him closer to the other son with eyes, since Naruto already has the body and I'm guessing they're going to tag-team the Kyuubi together since they both have the individual parts of the sage but not the full thing.

Funny how Naruto went from Dangerous but manageable ninja -> Badass Sage -> God Mode in the few chapters he's been in since the Revenge of The Sasuke started.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-04, 19:39   Link #55
Freya

Sasuke: I got my EMS powers!!!
Naruto: I got my sage/<s>kyuubi</s>Rikkodou Mode!!!!
Madara: I got jyuubi powers!!

(How the hell do you cross the words out???)
Old 2010-08-04, 19:43   Link #56
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
No, Bee says all he saw was a yellow flash... an obvious reference to the 4th, but Bee himself does not know Naruto's heritage and does not know the technique itself... they also comment that Naruto has incredible speed; and as mentioned the reason Naruto got his foot stuck in the ground is due to speed he was moving at; Hiraishin is teleportation, not high speed movement... the 4th himself never gave off a yellow flash when he teleported, that was just a nickname based on the name of his technique
It seems that in some translations the high speed movement jutsu (name is shunshin or something like that) is translated as teleportation, which is wrong of course, and since Hiraishin is the real teleportation move the readers get confused.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-04, 19:50   Link #57
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Sasuke: I got my EMS powers!!!
Naruto: I got my sage/kyuubiRikkodou Mode!!!!
Madara: I got jyuubi powers!!

(How the hell do you cross the words out???)
By using [] instead of <>.
Old 2010-08-04, 19:52   Link #58
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
I really don't like sudden power ups like that, but besides that the chapter was ok.
How is it sudden? We've known about this power-up for literally 505 chapters. The whole "it makes the trees grow" aspect is out of left-field, but the negative emotional sensing makes some amount of sense (considering that the Kyuubi was a being of malice).
Old 2010-08-04, 20:15   Link #59
Apollian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zek View Post
Geez Naruto's growth is beyond ridiculous now, he was already the strongest person in the village and now he's gone SSJ... How much actual time has passed since the timeskip anyway?

I agree, so many people here are saying its just Naruto being fast!. or that its Shunshin.
but it seems like Hiraishin to me..otherwise Bee would not have said Yellow Flash!.
could this be Hiraishin Level 2?
Apollian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-04, 20:20   Link #60
Freya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollian View Post
I agree, so many people here are saying its just Naruto being fast!. or that its Shunshin.
but it seems like Hiraishin to me..otherwise Bee would not have said Yellow Flash!.
could this be Hiraishin Level 2?
He said he saw a yellow flash not that it was and Yamato said he isn't at the 4th's lv yet of speed since Naruto couldn't control it.

Tags
weekly chapter discussion