AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2005-12-24, 16:44   Link #241
Sweetchinmusic

Ive just started watching this manga, im at episode 72 or 73 lol around there. I love it, but its not sooo big, as in it toook me ages to find a forum about it lol.

I just wanted to know what is the total number of episodes? and haven they finished it completely?

thanks
Sweetchinmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-25, 03:25   Link #242
domino
デレデレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetchinmusic
Ive just started watching this manga, im at episode 72 or 73 lol around there. I love it, but its not sooo big, as in it toook me ages to find a forum about it lol.

I just wanted to know what is the total number of episodes? and haven they finished it completely?

thanks
The TV series has a total of 178 episodes. It stops at episode 178 because the anime was too far ahead of the manga for them to make more anime. So though the anime is over, the manga is continuing the story.

Also, Prince of Tennis news of the day:

* Shishido Ryo (from Hyotei) is getting his own full album in 2006. I think it'll be released around February, since there will be events related to the album in Japan around that time...
* Also in February 2006, they will re-release the previous two years' versions of the song "Valentine Kiss". For those that don't know, every year on Valentines Day, they release different versions of this Valentine song. The first version of this song was sung by Atobe (with Kabaji background vocals), and last year's version was sung by Oshitari (With Shishido+Ohtori background vocals). Hopefully they'll also release a new version of the song this year... it's tradition!!
* Konomi Takeshi (the author/mangaka of Prince of Tennis) will be appearing in the live action Prince of Tennis movie. He also sings a duet with Ryoma called "Go" in Ryoma's album, which was released yesterday (he's a surprisingly good singer! o_o talented guy)
* Yukimura announced as a secret character in the new Prince of Tennis game (the one I linked in my last news post)

There's always so much news for this series, so if people want, I'll try to keep this thread up to date with everything new... ^_^
domino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-25, 17:43   Link #243
aznmaniac

does anyone know if the prince of tennis movie is subbed yet?
aznmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-25, 20:20   Link #244
Sweetchinmusic

thanks domino, i hope you do keep this thread up to date lol, cause i love this manga lol. Does that mean that there is a possibility that it will carry on past 178??? when the manga catches up?
also is there a place where i can get the games of it? the konami site is all in japanese/chinese (soz i dont know the difference lol) and if there was one in english i would really appreciate it!

thanks again
Old 2005-12-25, 21:39   Link #245
Chosen
Me > Mods ;)

Got another question aswell.

Could anyone tell me the name of the song in episode 178, where Ryoma and Tezuka turns gold, and the rackets is sparkling with lots of colours?(The hero-like music).
Chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-25, 21:59   Link #246
domino
デレデレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznmaniac
Nope, no one has subbed either movie yet.

Quote:
Does that mean that there is a possibility that it will carry on past 178??? when the manga catches up?
also is there a place where i can get the games of it? the konami site is all in japanese/chinese (soz i dont know the difference lol) and if there was one in english i would really appreciate it!

thanks again
Of course the konami site is all in Japanese :P All of the games are in Japanese, too. I order my Prince of Tennis games through Play-Asia.com. They have a good selection of games and have really cheap shipping. Most Prince of Tennis games are "greatest hits", so you can buy them at reduced prices (around $20 instead of the original Japanese price of around $60). And don't worry about the price being drawn on the greatest hits box art... the box cover is reversible with the clean original art on the other side ^_^ But if I were you I'd research what game you want on the Konami site before making a purchase (since a lot of the games are dating sims that are almost completely Japanese text adventures! But those are a lot of fun, too)

(and please note that if you try to run a Japanese game on an American Playstation/Playstation 2, the game WILL NOT WORK because of region coding!! You either have to own a Japanese console or have your Playstation/Playstation 2 modified to play foreign games)

Speaking of the Prince of Tennis manga, I hear that it's going to go on a break for awhile because the mangaka Konomi-sensei was injured.

And though it would be awesome if they'd continue the TV series past 178 (because the filler episodes were my favorite parts), I doubt they'll do that. I think they're just going to stick to animating major events. They're releasing the nationals (current manga arc) as multiple OVAs instead of continuing the TV series, unfortunately...
Old 2005-12-26, 02:49   Link #247
virgopalz

haha..yeah i guess so..however OVA is still betta den nth right??im actually glad that the prince of tennis story arc is still continuing...i cant imagine wad is it like not to have prince of tennis...haha..im terribly hooked up to princce of tennis..im still trying to find the vcd or dvd of the part 2 of the movie though..atobe's gift...since the movie dat i bought only consists of futari no samurai..=(
virgopalz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-26, 14:10   Link #248
PsychItsMike

Send a message via AIM to PsychItsMike
Quote:
Originally Posted by domino
And though it would be awesome if they'd continue the TV series past 178 (because the filler episodes were my favorite parts), I doubt they'll do that. I think they're just going to stick to animating major events. They're releasing the nationals (current manga arc) as multiple OVAs instead of continuing the TV series, unfortunately...
They are really gonna show the nationals?! I was pretty disappointed at where they stopped but now i'm pretty excited to see the nationals! Will they show the U.S. Open or is that the end of Echizen?
PsychItsMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-26, 14:20   Link #249
AnbuItachi

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznmaniac
i saw the dvd subbed version. so i guess its subbed.
AnbuItachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-26, 15:19   Link #250
domino
デレデレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychItsMike
They are really gonna show the nationals?! I was pretty disappointed at where they stopped but now i'm pretty excited to see the nationals! Will they show the U.S. Open or is that the end of Echizen?
They're showing the nationals as they happen in the manga. I assume the US Open stuff is from the anime only (which I haven't finished because I'm stubborn and only watch AnimeOtakus' releases).

I'm just excited that we'll see new teams being animated. ^_^ Looks like they put up the OVA DVD cover on the official tenipuri site. There's a picture of the live action movie cast in the corner, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnbuItachi
i saw the dvd subbed version. so i guess its subbed.
I've seen the movie subbed on DVD, too, but those are Chinese bootlegs. Not only are the subs terrible quality, but by buying bootleg DVDs (there are NO official Prince of Tennis DVDs that have English subtitles), you're supporting illegal bootlegging.
Old 2005-12-26, 15:57   Link #251
PsychItsMike

Send a message via AIM to PsychItsMike
Thanks i'm happy that at least i can still seem some PoT. Is the movie the one when they are on a boat or is it another one?
PsychItsMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-26, 23:12   Link #252
tennisfan

anyone here play tennis after watching this show? I watched the series after a tennis buddy told me about it, and then passed it on to my roomate who is now learning tennis because of it. It's a shame that he thinks he could do a boomerang snake though.

Last edited by tennisfan; 2005-12-26 at 23:28.
tennisfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-27, 03:44   Link #253
domino
デレデレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychItsMike
Thanks i'm happy that at least i can still seem some PoT. Is the movie the one when they are on a boat or is it another one?
There are two different movies that were released together. "Futari no Samurai" is the main movie that takes place on a cruise ship. "Atobe Kara Okurimono" is the shorter bonus movie that was released in theaters with the other movie. They were released on separate DVDs (but Japan released a special box set with both of them included). "Atobe Kara Okurimono" is the (hilarious) story of Atobe holding a giant party/race for all of the schools.

The next (third, if you count the Atobe movie as a movie instead of an extra) movie comes out in 2006 and will be live action. So far the live movie looks good, except for the guys they picked to play Hyotei -_- They don't look like Hyotei at all. And they added an original Hyotei member to the movie.... he has a lot of facial hair and reminds me of some kind of tennis pirate...
Old 2005-12-27, 09:48   Link #254
Sweetchinmusic

hey, the konami site is sooooo complicated lol. could you just recommend me a couple of good Prince of Tennis games? ones where you play tennis are good, though i wouldnt mind the other types you listed (dating sims etc.)

though the only prob with the dating sims is that for me it would be rubbish lol as i dont know japanese/chinese lol. only thing id be able to translate is kawamura's BURNING And Echizens mada mada dane lol.
Old 2005-12-27, 15:28   Link #255
tennisfan

Quote:
hey, the konami site is sooooo complicated lol. could you just recommend me a couple of good Prince of Tennis games? ones where you play tennis are good, though i wouldnt mind the other types you listed (dating sims etc.)

though the only prob with the dating sims is that for me it would be rubbish lol as i dont know japanese/chinese lol. only thing id be able to translate is kawamura's BURNING And Echizens mada mada dane lol.
Crystal Drive for the DS is awesome. You can pick your own team members, and each one has these special moves. Kawamura is my team captain, with wakato, fuji, shinji, sengoku, inui and jackal.
Old 2005-12-27, 15:43   Link #256
domino
デレデレ

Quote:

The dating sim I own is "Rush & Dream" (PS2), but I don't recommend it unless you can read at least some Japanese. But the game is really funny and the CGs you can collect are so pretty!! And there are tennis minigames, because you have to train your character and defeat opponents in tennis matches (they're kind of hard...) to impress the character you like. ^_^

But my favorite part of the game is the "dream mode"!! Like the title implies, the game includes "dreams", which are.... really crazy. They give you weird scenes with characters doing really stupid stuff like flying or teleporting or forming a boy band or becoming the characters in Saiyuki or turning into Shinsengumi.

Here are a few random screencaps I took of the game a long time ago...
Spoiler for RUSH&DREAM game screencaps:

But if you want one where you can play tennis, I highly recommend Saikyou Team wo Kesseise yo! (PS2). In this game you get to play the coach. You pick five players and try to make a great team by selecting the training and doing other events to make sure your team's compatability and stats grow. You can also participate in tournaments where you get to play tennis matches (in awesome 3D!). You can also customize your team by teaching them special moves and other characters' moves! For example, if you want Sanada to learn "Kikumaru Beam", he can learn it and shout "Sanada beaaaaaaaam" when he does it (it's so funny!).

If you beat the game once (it's easy), you also unlock VS mode, where up to four people can play (fun party game!). You can either make two teams and have them go against eachother or play singles or doubles. The game is also completely voiced and has a lot of special moves to learn. There's also lots of stuff to unlock, such as a 100+ picture gallery, minigames (bowling!), and secret characters. You don't have to know any Japanese to enjoy the tennis matches.

The gameboy games are also good for simple tennis matches. Good for long traveling. ^^ But my favorite gameboy game is Minna no Oujisama because it's a bunch of fun/strange minigames. There's even a DDR minigame with Prince of Tennis songs as the music. ^^; (konami does make these games, after all...).

If you have more questions about the games, just ask. I just picked out my favorites. ^^ They're really addictive.... haha, I'm obsessed. I'm going to go broke on this hobby.... and the game that just came out looks so good too!!! I hear in this game you can put on a play (with full voice acting) by selecting the actors and script (similar to Suikoden 3's theater). So fun~~~
Old 2005-12-27, 21:03   Link #257
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisfan
anyone here play tennis after watching this show? I watched the series after a tennis buddy told me about it, and then passed it on to my roomate who is now learning tennis because of it. It's a shame that he thinks he could do a boomerang snake though.
What if...he really DID a boomerang snake...but its considered out?
Eclipze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-27, 23:00   Link #258
tennisfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze
What if...he really DID a boomerang snake...but its considered out?
Then the ref is an idiot. Say the opponent hits a corner shot, and I run it down and hit it to his side, but because my angle is so far I don't even have to hit above the net but basically hit it to his side. That point would still be in, so if a boomerang were to happen, the ref should count it. (this just comes from playing tennis for so long)

Anyways, I can do a regular snake no problem. I can even do one with my backhand which puts a nasty slice on it so the ball veers to the left (right handed, so my slice makes the ball bounce left).

Tennis is fun. I wish more people would get into it.

Also, did Kawamura play in the match in the Nationals? He never really gets to play, outside of doubles 1 and that Hyotei match where it was set up so Echizen could play.

Hopefully the Nationals will happen so Seigaku plays Fudomine in the finals, not Rikkaidai.

Last edited by tennisfan; 2005-12-27 at 23:21.
Old 2005-12-27, 23:22   Link #259
Eclipze

Um, so buggy-whipp shot is an actual tennis move i suppose?

What other shots in PoT is legit (ie. can happen in real life) then?
Eclipze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-27, 23:38   Link #260
AnbuItachi

i hope they play rikkaidai in the finals and lose but i guess thats impossible. i really want yukimura to show some serious skills and whup tezuka or echizen whoever plays him
AnbuItachi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tennis