AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-08-11, 01:43   Link #2581
Kreceir

If seen some threads on the LoL forums that say (champion) is bloody OP nerf him/her.
Just like with Diana, after playing her a few times in vs ai matches.
I can't really call her OP to say at least, Her burst damage is quite good but her ganks not really effective until she reaches lvl 6.
She has no Escape ability at all except using you're ult on a minion to get more distant.

That aside, what you think about the new Ziggs skin?
I'm quite liking that skin, i mean killing the enemy team with a big water balloon that ends with a smiley face.
Old 2012-08-11, 10:55   Link #2582
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Played a few Zyra games and bloody hell her ult has a short range. On the other hand her passive is a lot of fun, sniped tons of people with it
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 19:34   Link #2583
Mayushii

Here's the problem I have with League...

It has one of THE worst communities in gaming. I'm not even joking, the way most of the people in the game go on is embarrassing. They rage all of the time, and if you're a new player then god help you because people are going to come down on you so hard if you do something wrong. :c
Mayushii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 19:53   Link #2584
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayushii View Post
Here's the problem I have with League...

It has one of THE worst communities in gaming. I'm not even joking, the way most of the people in the game go on is embarrassing. They rage all of the time, and if you're a new player then god help you because people are going to come down on you so hard if you do something wrong. :c
Lower levels are actually worse because the smurf accounts of previously perma-banned players, who quickly find themselves banned again, honestly if you avoid normal PVP SR til lvl20 or so, you'll avoid the majority of it(play TT, Co-op vs AI, or Dominion), I mean I still run into the occasional rude player at lvl30, but since I play draft mostly it's usually pretty clear before the game starts if they're really toxic or troll player, so I just take the 5 min penalty on the queue dodge usually.

And as someone who does the tribunal regularly riot does actively punish people for raging, cursing, feeding, afking, and being negative, so just report them.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 19:59   Link #2585
Mayushii

Even my friends I know IRL rage hard at the game xD
However, it's good to know that it dies down at high levels. Somewhat reassuring if I ever started to play it properly
Mayushii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 21:15   Link #2586
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

It happens at lvl30 as much as it happens at <lvl20. Fortunately Riot implemented the function to turn off /all chat which hugely lowers the amount of rage.
Old 2012-08-11, 21:23   Link #2587
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Meh. DotA when I used to play it way before was worse. (one of the reasons why I preferred its lesser known cousin, Tides of Blood) I swear, elitist bastards, all of them. Do one wrong move and kick vote happens... but I'm just ranting now. >_>

If anything though, ranked is a LOT of vitriol, but normal games where I'm at... well, let's just say the greatest extent of communication goes to ping mias, 'their flash is down', lets do dragon/baron, group up, and gg.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 08:31   Link #2588
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

When i want to have fun , i play this Ultimate Bravery
Ofc , this is for premade 5v5 not for trolling a game it's like ARAM/Find the teemo or others custom games.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 09:57   Link #2589
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Wow garen is getting a slight buff. Don't know why Katarina is getting buffed. she didn't need it imo.
Old 2012-08-12, 10:33   Link #2590
styr

Boy, do I miss Garen back from the old days. Roughly 2 years ago when I first started playing League, you could stack multiple sunfires and his spin broke+prevented all movement impair effects... soo OP

Haven't played in a few months, but it is good he is going to see a buff. Has Renekton had any similar love lately? He was great fun as well before the nerf.
styr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 12:00   Link #2591
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Wow garen is getting a slight buff. Don't know why Katarina is getting buffed. she didn't need it imo.
Katarina is getting reworked to give a 4th real skill, and redistribute her damage somewhat to lower her risk free harass a bit from Bouncing Blades, while bringing up her team fight potential besides her ult. And Garen really is getting reworked though leaving all kit intact they moved all of stuff around within it.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 21:13   Link #2592
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

From what little of what I've read of the PBE status, Garen rework is a buff to his late game, but Katarina is more of a nerf. Shunpo in particular going up twice the CD and Death Lotus going down 1s really hurt her mid-game, where she can capitalize small smirkishes better by waiting for the few CCs to go down, shunpo and get her full ult in, or have her shunpo be up shortly so she can escape if it doesn't go well. Really, why give her another active PBAOE damage ability when she can't shunpo out to safely? Makes her W darn near useless IMO.

Oh yeah, her early game harass with BB went from ticklish to darn near useless because it only targets the nearest minion/champ, and the reduction in damage is too high.

Old 2012-08-12, 22:02   Link #2593
Destined_Fate

Eh, Garen is just being spun around again. Like every other change to Garen this will only address one issue and open up another.

Notice that they're severely nerfing his early lane phase and just nudging his late game. Thus Garen will end up suffering the same thing he always does late game. The only difference is that his early game will be worse off now.

So Garen will remain a Tank that can't peel and does no damage by mid to late game(unless he's severely fed and can force a victory before the late game).

This change will only make Garen worse because all he has right now is his early game which is getting nerfed.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 22:27   Link #2594
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Diana has great burst but that's it. Kind of fragile and can't carry if the team sucks. Was worth buying but don't expect the world of her. You need protection big time to do your combos right in a teamfight and live long enough to get them off.
Old 2012-08-12, 23:21   Link #2595
Cream

My opinions on IPL faceoff: San Francisco showdown;
-Legion definitely showed how strong they really are.
-Curse pulled some amazing stuff that game 3 of Crs vs Lgn. Really impressed by how far they've come.
-TSM pulling ahead of everyone as the usual.
-Despite the Asian teams not making it into top 3 they really did show that they're a problem.
-Generally seems like some teams weren't prepared for this tournament and still did well.
-Great casting this tournament.
Old 2012-08-13, 00:06   Link #2596
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Everything is just theory crafting at this moment. I still remember the time Yorick got nerfed by a merely 5 mana for each of his skill that bring him down from OP position into good one at early game. I will hold my judgement until I could get my hand on the new Garen.

And who the heck depends on Kat's harassing with her blade anyway?
Old 2012-08-13, 00:29   Link #2597
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
It's free damage.
Old 2012-08-14, 08:28   Link #2598
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

ARAM game.

My team: Janna, Soraka, Sona (me), Zyra, Brand.

Their team: Twitch, Darius, Swain, Mundo and someone else, forgot.

Won the game in ~10 minutes. 16-3.

XD
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 10:24   Link #2599
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I loved IPL Faceoff. Legion in particular showed extremely aggressive playstyle that exceeds even the Koreans, catching even World Elite by surprise. Legion ahead of all their early games against WE, but failed in 2nd one because the champs they had weren't snowbally enough.

Curse has shown to have improved, in particular Westrice who seemed to be one of the laggers back in Epik, and now has shown he can do extremely well with champions outside of Akali. That said, them choosing Amumu jungle AFTER the Nunu/Blitz first pick by TSM was by FAR AND AWAY the stupidest thing I've seen all tournament. You're just asking to be invaded at lvl 1 and counterjungled all game long soon after, especially against the jungler who popularized Nunu in the competitive scene way back in S1.

Quite sad though TSM didn't get to face World Elite. Honestly, they need all the practice they can get against Asian teams, as their info on them isn't nearly as comprehensive as the info they have on NA/EU teams.

Biggest disappointment though was mtw.na. I thought they'd do well after reuniting Aphro/Muffin, but it seems Aphro's current team is heavier than his last one. IMO it was still a bad choice on Aphro's part to join mtw.na, considering that TSM.Evo is pretty much guaranteed a place in regionals, while his current team's status hinges on their performance in MLG Raleigh next weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
At the very least I know Scarra and TiensiNoAkuma does, if you care for their opinion. o_O

Old 2012-08-14, 11:07   Link #2600
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

It's fine if they are utilize it, but I have yet to know anyone says their harassing depends on her blades. It's like saying their way of playing is luck oriented instead of skill.

Tags
league of legends, lol