AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2013-03-15, 01:53   Link #9841
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

Their definition of 'society' is their current status quo (or a more islamistic version of it even, considering they are extremists by egypt norm).
So from that point of view, they are correct.

Question is wether destroying their 'society' would be such a bad thing.
Dhomochevsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 01:56   Link #9842
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Five people have been convicted for a tax scam in which they tried to claim £2.8m for a Hollywood blockbuster that they never intended to make.

The funny part?
Quote:
After their arrest, they tried to cover up the scam by shooting a film called A Landscape of Lies on a small budget.

Released on DVD in 2011, it starred Loose Women presenter Andrea McLean.

A Landscape of Lies turned out to be an award-winner, taking a 'Silver Ace' at last year's Las Vegas Film Festival.
lol
Old 2013-03-15, 01:56   Link #9843
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
Canada should sue them. They totally downplayed Canada's role in this endeavor! SUE! SUE!
No, Canada should be up in arms about Canadian Bacon.

Oh wait. That movie was totally accurate.

If anyone should be mad about this, it's Kazakhstan for Borat, lol.
Old 2013-03-15, 02:18   Link #9844
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Don't forget earthquakes, apparently women's fashion can cause earthquakes.

When can we label all these misogynist batshit snorting idiots of any religion crazy clowns and just throw rotten produce at them for fun?
Old 2013-03-15, 02:27   Link #9845
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhomochevsky View Post
Their definition of 'society' is their current status quo (or a more islamistic version of it even, considering they are extremists by egypt norm).
So from that point of view, they are correct.

Question is wether destroying their 'society' would be such a bad thing.
It should be pointed out to them that it is far, far too late for that. Society was "destroyed" several generations ago. We've been picking up the pieces for something like a hundred years or so.
Old 2013-03-15, 02:35   Link #9846
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Don't forget earthquakes, apparently women's fashion can cause earthquakes.

When can we label all these misogynist batshit snorting idiots of any religion crazy clowns and just throw rotten produce at them for fun?
I think there are two sides to any story. I have worked with people who think like this, and unfortunately, they are sometimes right.

Women are often excused from the work of lifting heavy loads and going distances, and when they get promoted to managerial positions, they have no idea what are the real issues of labour-intensive operations, especially in logistics and SCM. And the worse thing is that they simply speak as though they are some princess vested with supreme powers; and the older men in higher positions often fall to their charm.

Nothing useful gets done in the end. I don't mind if the woman had actually went through the effort to learn and started screaming about priorities, but if she is a pampered know-nothing charming her way around to retain hold over office politics, she can go fly a kite.

If it is just a pure sexist POV where women are expected to stay at home, cook and listen to their husband for no apparent reason other than "tradition", it is purely rubbish. But if the declaration states that women can have the same rights as men, then by all means, get out of the office and take over the labourous jobs. I am sick of office ladies bitching over stuff stuck in the warehouse when there simply isn't enough people to do the heavy-lifting (and those male sissies in the office are complaining about the air-con not being cold enough).

Men and women are not supposed to have absolutely equal rights because women can do things men can't, and vice versa. There is a status quo in most developed countries, but probably not equal rights in a long time until our bitchy little princesses become as strong as Ellen Ripley; and it goes beyond being able to operate a Pulse Rifle and Powerloader.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 02:39   Link #9847
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
There's probably a better use for thoses ''rotten produce'' than being projectile ( compost maybe? ), stones and bricks are good enough for thoses idiots.
Old 2013-03-15, 02:44   Link #9848
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Women are often excused from the work of lifting heavy loads and going distances, and when they get promoted to managerial positions, they have no idea what are the real issues of labour-intensive operations, especially in logistics and SCM. And the worse thing is that they simply speak as though they are some princess vested with supreme powers; and the older men in higher positions often fall to their charm.
Reason why I voted down a promotion in the last major meeting I had
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 02:51   Link #9849
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
*scratches head Women are equal to men.. period..

But I'll get mad if they demand, rights to wear spaghetti inside the mosque.....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 02:58   Link #9850
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Reason why I voted down a promotion in the last major meeting I had
Dear Reisys VI Felicity Sumeragi,

Please boss over me and abuse me all you want.

Thank you.

The real issue is with their charm. I have seen enough older men being "enslaved" to useless whims of those girls when work should have taken priority. Granted I may be very nitpicky when it comes to inventory expiry and illiquid stock slowly being outdated from asset to liability, however I think stepping on a few toes and throwing these little girls to one side is absolutely worth the reduced loss the company makes in the quarter.

Well, thank goodness for age and rain. Running makeup certainly helps alot in waking these old crazies from slumber.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post

But I'll get mad if they demand, rights to wear spaghetti inside the mosque.....
I think those rights are perfectly okay. Indonesia is a pretty hot place. But then again, not to the extent of completely exposing everything with a miniskirt or shorts.

Come to think of it, maybe the women submit out of revenge. Those black coveralls, if worn by almost all the women near the mosque, increase the area temperature around it. Enough to fry the sperm of any men passing by.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 03:01   Link #9851
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Hey, hey, we don't go around getting cranky at all the co-workers once every month ya know.

...We just do it every day once we hit certain age and lose all our hair.
Old 2013-03-15, 03:06   Link #9852
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Come to think of it, maybe the women submit out of revenge. Those black coveralls, if worn by almost all the women near the mosque, increase the area temperature around it. Enough to fry the sperm of any men passing by.
...Want to say something, but don't think I can top that.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 03:06   Link #9853
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
I think those rights are perfectly okay. Indonesia is a pretty hot place. But then again, not to the extent of completely exposing everything with a miniskirt or shorts.

No! Even for Catholics... leave those dress in pubs and bars
Old 2013-03-15, 03:28   Link #9854
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Aren't man and woman supposed to pray separately
Old 2013-03-15, 04:10   Link #9855
NoemiChan
Banned

Mating season over for Japan's pandas

Quote:
"We will continue monitoring her to see whether she is pregnant," said the zoo on its website.
Perverts....
Old 2013-03-15, 07:22   Link #9856
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
I'd love to see women wearing spaghetti. Yes, by that I mean the pasta, and nothing but.

Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 07:53   Link #9857
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
I'd love to see women wearing spaghetti. Yes, by that I mean the pasta, and nothing but.

She would be shot on sight for being a heretic who worships the one true pagan god The Flying Spaghetti Monster.
All hail the noodly one and his holy meatballs!
Old 2013-03-15, 08:42   Link #9858
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

These kind of misogyny is a stronger remnant of the ancient traditional culture rather than Islam itself. While Islam puts distinctions on rights and obligations, no gender is inherently superior than the other. Muslims are often told stories about how the ancient societies used to bury their newborn daughter alive because having daughters was regarded as a disgrace back then. Misogyny was actually one of the many things Islam tried to correct.

Though I guess even if it's just a remnant or "the loud minority", it IS easier to turn into sensational news, that's how it works.
Old 2013-03-15, 09:00   Link #9859
Ridwan

Egypt can has kultuurkampf, too.
Old 2013-03-15, 09:33   Link #9860
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
These kind of misogyny is a stronger remnant of the ancient traditional culture rather than Islam itself. While Islam puts distinctions on rights and obligations, no gender is inherently superior than the other. Muslims are often told stories about how the ancient societies used to bury their newborn daughter alive because having daughters was regarded as a disgrace back then. Misogyny was actually one of the many things Islam tried to correct.

Though I guess even if it's just a remnant or "the loud minority", it IS easier to turn into sensational news, that's how it works.
Aisha. 10char

Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
humor