AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2006-10-06, 10:53   Link #1061
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

hmmm vexx ... this IS the manga thread ... and as far as i can see there is no criss-crossing around here
Sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-06, 10:57   Link #1062
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

<rofl> I did it to myself... need... more... coffee.... (and your avatar and .sig keep me on edge looking for that last episode)
Old 2006-10-21, 17:07   Link #1063
NeoSam

Ken Akamatsu Live-Talk Session

Read it here.

Some stuff about Negima and the author.
Old 2006-12-02, 14:15   Link #1064
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Okay, i've got one word for volume 12 - EPIC!
Old 2006-12-03, 18:09   Link #1065
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
You obviously havent read chapter 159
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-03, 18:10   Link #1066
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
I'm obviously not reading scans, and going by Del Ray's releases.
Old 2006-12-03, 21:31   Link #1067
Ashlotte
Clockwork

There arent even scans that far ahead yet...Only raws and I love the series too much to try to half-assed guess whats going on in those.

But yea there is some great stuff in that volume.

*prays for del-ray to catch up so I wont have to rely on scans*
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-03, 22:19   Link #1068
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Okay, i've got one word for volume 12 - EPIC!
Yes, it is. I love how the epic-ness (epicicity? ) ramps up throughout the school festival. Plus I love how they fill in all of the character moments during and throughout the tournament and other places - which is usually the line that separates a good shonen series from a bad one (well, that and copious comedy/fanservice ).

In particular I love the time that's spent on Setsuna in volume 12. I'm not much of a Setsuna fan (okay, I'm not one at all), but volume 12 was the first time I found myself really able to get inside her character and sympathize with it. It also has some great Evangeline moments (a character that I originally thought was trite, but has definitely grown on me since about volume five or so), a wonderful interaction between Kotaro/Chizu-nee/Kaede, some stuff that delves into Asuna's background (currently one of the more mysterious characters in the manga), some great Chisame material (especially Chisame/Negi interaction), and another couple of examples of how great Akamatsu has become in choreographing action scenes (though Vexx disagrees with me on that, so YMMV). Ayaka and Paru are even part of the story (my two favorite characters). About the only thing that I think is a little disapointing is that Konoka, Nodoka and Yue don't get much attention in this volume, but, OTOH, they've had a lot of focus recently (and more coming up), so I think it's been acceptable.

Last edited by rooboy; 2006-12-04 at 14:12.
rooboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-03, 22:30   Link #1069
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Its Akamatsu battle scenes that are making me fall even more in love with the series then i originally did.. i mean, its easy to believe that once you start reading Negima that you'll get a good selection of the odd battles, but i never thought we'd get the level shown in the tournament. Its on a completely different level.

The Eva' background was a huge plus for me, 'cause thats part of the story i never thought would happen.. so yes i was shocked there. Also for Setsuna.. i never thought we'd get that much out of her - i remember a while ago, a few people were saying that Akamatsu ends up going to much ahead of himself, though i believe he's doing one wonderful job with this series. Now i'm glad i placed it as my number 01 manga. :3

& i gave up and read volume 13. Of course i won't say anything because of spoilers, but i shall say - the last few chapters are some of the best things i've ever been able to witness.
Old 2006-12-04, 13:59   Link #1070
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooboy View Post
About the only thing that I think is a little dissapointing is that Konoka, Nodoka and Yue don't get much attention in this volume, but, OTOH, they've had a lot of focus recently (and more coming up), so I think it's been acceptable.
That's one of the biggest problems that I have with the tournament arc: despite the fact that Ken Akamatsu has set up a storyline that would allow the Library Exploration Club members to get involved in this arc (Nodoka, Konoka, and Yue trying to keep the world of magic a secret from Haruna), this storyline ends up taking backstage in favor of the "ditchers sneaking into the stadium" sub-plot. As a result, not only is the Library Club's screentime very limited in this arc (despite Nodoka and Konoka having Pactios with Negi), but also the resolution of the subplot ends up being held back until after the Tournament arc (although it is definitely worth it, as well as something that got me out of the "Negima rut" that I was having this past winter).
Old 2006-12-18, 16:12   Link #1071
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
So I gave in to temptation and read up to 159.
Saying that chapter is epic is an understatement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooboy View Post
About the only thing that I think is a little disapointing is that Konoka, Nodoka and Yue don't get much attention in this volume, but, OTOH, they've had a lot of focus recently (and more coming up), so I think it's been acceptable.
Without spoiling, I can assure you they will be getting alot of focus in later volumes.

Quote:
& i gave up and read volume 13. Of course i won't say anything because of spoilers, but i shall say - the last few chapters are some of the best things i've ever been able to witness.
I cried. ;____;

I'm incredibly impressed with the whole school festival arc.
All the mini arcs clicked well together to form the big picture.
The chapters (especially the later ones) leave you wanting more, that's when you realise you have to wait for the next parts... oh the pain.... :x
Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-19, 08:43   Link #1072
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riker View Post
So I gave in to temptation and read up to 159.
Saying that chapter is epic is an understatement.
Same here - i've always set my heart to waiting for Del Ray's versions.. but i know there was a lot i was missing out of. & from what i seen in volumes 13, 14, 15, 16 & 17 - i'm glad i did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riker View Post
I cried. ;____;
Spoiler for Volume 13:
Old 2006-12-26, 16:52   Link #1073
spideyjvc
The special someone...

Hello, first time poster bui've been reading the forums for months now (lol)

Well, I really loved the fight scenes in number 12, they really are some of the best fight scences in the series so far in my oppinion (Eva VS Negi's fight would be the second best scene ^_-)
spideyjvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-26, 19:56   Link #1074
EtherNEZ
AIR is good for you

Quote:
Same here - i've always set my heart to waiting for Del Ray's versions.. but i know there was a lot i was missing out of. & from what i seen in volumes 13, 14, 15, 16 & 17 - i'm glad i did.
Well, patience is a virtue, or so I'm told frequently....(personally I have my doubts... ) Still, having just finished Del Ray's excellent vol 12, I'm quite happily awaiting more. Even though I personally keep up with scanlations, there's nothing quite like having the real thing in front of you . Much prefer reading a real book to anything on screen, or perhaps that's just old timer talk?

Masses of Setsuna and Eva goodness were appreciated in high print quality

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyjvc View Post
Hello, first time poster bui've been reading the forums for months now (lol)

Well, I really loved the fight scenes in number 12, they really are some of the best fight scences in the series so far in my oppinion (Eva VS Negi's fight would be the second best scene ^_-)
Pah!... worry not young one. I've been reading these forums since their inception waaay back in 2002 and never got off my butt to register for ages. Then went on a 2 year sabattical before returning - that's devotion for you

Truth be told though, I'm really a Yue fan.....
EtherNEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-27, 08:37   Link #1075
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherNEZ View Post
Much prefer reading a real book to anything on screen, or perhaps that's just old timer talk?
Nope, not really - i'd rather read a 'real' book any day. But with something as epic as Negima, there's no way i could wait - and i'm glad i didn't.
Old 2006-12-27, 08:49   Link #1076
MeganeShounen
Huh?

Hmm... scans have been on a slack lately, since most of the people (over here) have been pretty tired with the Mahora Festival arc (me included). Sushi-Y would vouch for that too... >.>

When we thought that the silly long-as-Namek arc was going to end with Chao's defeat, we're presented with a message from Akamatsu that the arc's not over yet.

I popped.

Well, I guess there's still...
Spoiler:

And I'm pretty sure that everyone was surprised with the 159 ending, yeah? Didn't see that coming, did you?
MeganeShounen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-27, 18:37   Link #1077
EtherNEZ
AIR is good for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeganeShounen View Post
Hmm... scans have been on a slack lately, since most of the people (over here) have been pretty tired with the Mahora Festival arc (me included). Sushi-Y would vouch for that too... >.>

When we thought that the silly long-as-Namek arc was going to end with Chao's defeat, we're presented with a message from Akamatsu that the arc's not over yet.

I popped.

And I'm pretty sure that everyone was surprised with the 159 ending, yeah? Didn't see that coming, did you?
I'm really impressed you lot have managed to stick it out as far as you have. It certainly is an insanely long arc.

A nice long break is in order, although with rampant, ravid, frothing-at-the-mouth Negima fans breathing fire, demanding the latest chapters instantly (and as i've seen in some cases before the raws have appeared ) - you might even have trouble finding solice somewhere in Antarctica!

Oooh. Looks like I might have to give in and read a few raws then...(and be aware of the danger of revealing spoilers during quoting...oops!! Elementary mistake )

Quote:
Nope, not really - i'd rather read a 'real' book any day. But with something as epic as Negima, there's no way i could wait - and i'm glad i didn't.
Agreed. Same boat. The best part is I can enjoy the scans in reasonably good quality (and the nice extras thrown in), then about a year or so later (after which i've more or less forgotten the details ) I can relax and enjoy it all over again! Win-win situation.

Last edited by EtherNEZ; 2006-12-29 at 19:05. Reason: Again!? How in Haruhi's world did I miss that??
EtherNEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-27, 20:26   Link #1078
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Ok with Chapter 160 I'm so TOTALLY confused.

Spoiler:

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-28, 13:10   Link #1079
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin View Post
Spoiler:
Long story short:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-12-28, 21:02   Link #1080
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
Long story short:
Spoiler:
Actually I knew that. I just didn't know why she didn't leave.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy