AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Old 2007-04-04, 18:57   Link #201
Key Board
Carbon

Raki

Spoiler:
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 18:59   Link #202
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

well frankly i think the reason people arwe commenting on this show is because they are intrigued by it. Let it be those eho didnt like it and those who did. Claire is a very fine character and her past and everything will come soon. For the first few episodes I think we should enjoy the action and see beautiful Claire in action.

As for the characters., Raki is very important in the character development of Claire. The manga made these 2 compliment each other really well.

I dont think spoilers are needed so early on. Nothing much has happened. We can wait with the spoilers for another 3 to 4 episodes. And people, peopl...those who supposedly hate Claire..please reserve ur comments for some time..u dont want to regret on them later on.
toxic_trance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 19:30   Link #203
BabelFish

Been reading the manga as they become available in English, so far the first episode has me excited for more. The manga -> anime transition has been done well, catching the initial characters personalities and the world setting accurately. And even without that, it's looking darn pretty.

Now I just hope they don't pull a berserk and end the series half way though the manga.
BabelFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 19:40   Link #204
nadare

Send a message via MSN to nadare
I think they'll end the anime at volume 10. just before the new arc. The new arc i bet will be on season 2 if there is one.

And about why they chose female over male. You'll find out why soon, or you could go to the manga forum and read my explaination why.
nadare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 19:43   Link #205
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
I can most certainly guarantee that that did not happen in the early manga chapters I read. Something like that is really all I was looking for anything even slightly intriguing or mysterious about the character other than the fact she exists and kills monsters (That might have flown for something like an 8-bit games plot, but we're talking an action-drama series here). Good stuff then. Alright I'm in for an episode.
I am not sure that next episode might cover that part of the story, but it'll be covered soon enough anyway.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 19:47   Link #206
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Seen episode 1.

-> The story is really dark. Claire's attitude is, well like everyone said, almost robot though it's not completely. Anyway, it has violence but I already expected that coming. Anyway, now to wait for episode 2
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 19:54   Link #207
Joojoobees

Now that a sub is out I thought I'ld give this a rewatch. I didn't see anything really see anything tht made me change my mind, although I liked the music a little better this time through.

I'm still suspending my final judgment based upon comments here that the story gets more interesting soon.
Joojoobees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 19:56   Link #208
Budweineken
Crap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
I can most certainly guarantee that that did not happen in the early manga chapters I read. Something like that is really all I was looking for anything even slightly intriguing or mysterious about the character other than the fact she exists and kills monsters (That might have flown for something like an 8-bit games plot, but we're talking an action-drama series here). Good stuff then. Alright I'm in for an episode.
You just didn't pay attention carefully. This happens at the end of chapter 3, and in more detail. I think you should stop reading those piece of shit teasers. For one, if you can spend all this time arguing with us, you can certainly waste that time reading a handful of chapters from different mangas that seem interesting to you, instead of reading things that don't really capture the essence of the series, and in times giving you a false impression on a series.

Man, you people sure like your spoilers, makes me remember why I don't like to discuss series in this forum. Thankfully I'm up-to-date on Viz releases for Claymore, just volume 7 to go that just got released.
Old 2007-04-04, 19:56   Link #209
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

I think Episode 2 will show that even Claire has feelings...after all it is about the Black Card System. As the series progresses, we will get to see her much more as a human and how much she hates her Youma side
toxic_trance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 20:06   Link #210
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Send a message via MSN to johnishida
Just watched the first ep. Pretty Good! Definetly gonna watch it to the very end!

The atmosphere of the show is what I like the best though, some parts are just too dark to see what's going on but, since most things move so fast you can't even see something happening, it's ok.
Old 2007-04-04, 20:07   Link #211
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

For the sake of the anime watchers we should totally avoid spoiling anything anyway (I'm referring to the people who've read the manga). Although it's safe to assume that Madhouse will remain faithful to the manga I don't like to ruin other people's experience. I think we've spoiled even too many particulars, willingly or not, in these last pages.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 20:14   Link #212
TougeSil80
I have enough, I'm gone.

Just watched ep.1, it's not bad. I'll reserved judgement for a few more eps tho.
TougeSil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 21:17   Link #213
Wosho128
I like tinkering on stuff

Holy crap! The anime proceeds pretty damn fast from the manga. There were lots of quick transitions.

I thought the 1st episode was good, not great. I love the ending song though despite people not favoring it. =P

I think there's a possibility of this series getting better. The fight scenes were pretty fluid. I think the pacing needs work though.

How many episodes will this last? Can someone guesstimate?
Wosho128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 21:50   Link #214
Crystal_Method
I want dreads...
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by lommm View Post
Spoiler for MANGA past volume 10 for Crystal Method:
Wow I'm surprised I was on the right track, I was actually saying that thinking/knowing it can't happen. I guess I was wrong, anyway don't say anymore then what you already have. I tend to give in too easily to spoiler tabs...
Old 2007-04-04, 22:07   Link #215
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Spoiler for lots from the manga:

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2007-04-04 at 23:33. Reason: Added spoiler tags and penalized the poster
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 22:48   Link #216
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
^Umm, if that's from the manga, why didn't you put it in a spoiler tag? Unless it's your wild guess, of course, but you should have clarified it, though.

Well, watched the first episode. Nice animation. One of the best things is the way they deal with light and shade in the coloring, very nicely done. The only thing I don't like are the designs, but oh well.

And the music is freaking awesome.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 22:59   Link #217
Budweineken
Crap

Alright, this is all I'll be visiting this thread... Seriously, it's no fun discussing anime here when all you guys do is discuss the manga and spoil unnecessary crap. Anyways, I hope you guys enjoy the series, it's one of my favorite mangas so hopefully the anime will do it justice.
Old 2007-04-04, 23:04   Link #218
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Since there's so many people interested in this (and it was the fastest sub of the season to come out), why don't we get a separated subforum in the Current Series forum? I mean, that way all the manga readers can keep spoiling away in their separate thread.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 23:17   Link #219
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joojoobees View Post
Now that a sub is out I thought I'ld give this a rewatch. I didn't see anything really see anything tht made me change my mind, although I liked the music a little better this time through.
I watched it again as well, and while I still dont like the opening song, I think I can actually get to like the ending one.
Old 2007-04-04, 23:17   Link #220
Taylor--
!

Well, watched the first episode earlier and I really enjoyed it. Can't really comment on the story thus far since we've only seen one episode so far. The combat seems pretty good so far.. if anything the battles are a little too short but I'm sure they'll speed up as the series goes on. The animation and music was really well done and I'm really impressed. OP is meh, ED is really good though IMO.
Taylor-- is offline   Reply With Quote