AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-04-27, 13:42   Link #2481
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by farios View Post
That part was my favorite scene, that scene was one of the reason why i liked Kotori despite being an Ayana Taketatsu jerk imouto character, now if they cutted the sister war scene i'd be beyond furious...
MAYBE, they are retconning that scene for the end of Kurumi's arc? (praying)

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-27, 14:57   Link #2482
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramen00 View Post
Date a Live episode 5.........

Spoiler for Date a Live episode 5:
They also cut Tohka pushing Shidou down on her bed and then kissing him for 10 seconds!! One of my favorite Tohka scenes.
Old 2013-04-27, 15:04   Link #2483
ImperialFlameGod8190

yea they skipped a lot of funny stuff at least they kept this
Spoiler for episode 5:
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-27, 15:16   Link #2484
Ramen00

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
They also cut Tohka pushing Shidou down on her bed and then kissing him for 10 seconds!! One of my favorite Tohka scenes.

Ohh yeah that part too!! >.< and the one piece dress Yoshino is wearing at the LN illustrations were much cuter than the current ones at the anime imo...

I believe they wouldn't cut Sister Wars. If they did this means war..
Ramen00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-27, 15:21   Link #2485
Miraluka
Banned

Its sad but I'm getting used to this.

For example Index's vol.2 was enough to fit 5 episodes. Yet it was made in 3 episodes, the excluded the alchemist's clone that gave half of the character background.

They didn't cut the part were Kotori begs Shido to not go.

Why would they make an original episode? Maybe they wanted a breather episode...
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-27, 15:35   Link #2486
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post

For example Index's vol.2 was enough to fit 5 episodes. Yet it was made in 3 episodes, the excluded the alchemist's clone that gave half of the character background.

Why would they make an original episode? Maybe they wanted a breather episode...
Wow do they at least show she does really care about him, because that is sort of plot critical.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-27, 15:45   Link #2487
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
Wow do they at least show she does really care about him, because that is sort of plot critical.
Spoiler for episode 5:
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-27, 15:58   Link #2488
farios

Quote:

So? Does the alchemist even crucial for the plot? Okay so the anime removed something that would makes him more sympathic but he's just a minor character while Yoshino is one of the heroine of the franchise and the anime removed a big part of her background

Quote:
The problem is they still cutted the more important scene for her character development

Quote:
Or they just don't care
Old 2013-04-27, 16:09   Link #2489
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
So? Does the alchemist even crucial for the plot? Okay so the anime removed something that would makes him more sympathic but he's just a minor character while Yoshino is one of the heroine of the franchise and the anime removed a big part of her background
Yes, he was the main antagonist of that story .

Quote:
The problem is they still cutted the more important scene for her character development.

Or they just don't care
If they didn't care even the animation will have a drop down like those from studio Pierrot do after the first episode.

Like I said, if there is the issue about contents fit in the anime, this goes to the scriptwriter who is the same who did Hidan no Aria's script.
Old 2013-04-27, 16:17   Link #2490
farios

Quote:
Sure he's a main antagonist for that volume but that's it, he's still a minor character, he's not necessary and important to Index plot.
Old 2013-04-27, 16:21   Link #2491
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Sure he's a main antagonist for that volume but that's it, he's still a minor character, he's not necessary and important to Index plot.
Despite Yoshino is a spirit it doesn't makes her relevant at all.

She basically has random appareances here and there in some volumes.
Old 2013-04-27, 16:23   Link #2492
kagato3

Quote:
But out side of that volume I think his name only comes up maybe twice in the 28 other volumes and that was only in refernce to someone else haveing worked with him at one time he is just about the only person in the seires that just kinda vanishes. the volume is so non plot critical that the manga just skips it.

Quote:

The same could be said for Kurumi
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2013-04-27, 16:25   Link #2493
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
But out side of that volume I think his name only comes up maybe twice in the 28 other volumes and that was only in refernce to someone else haveing worked with him at one time he is just about the only person in the seires that just kinda vanishes. the volume is so non plot critical that the manga just skips it.
The manga also skips Vol.4 which is god damn important to the whole plot to the point Kogino Chuya regrets it, the decision was done by his higher ups and nothing could be done abou it.
Old 2013-04-27, 16:26   Link #2494
farios

Quote:

Difference:

-Alchemist: No one cares about him, and only appears in 1 volume
-Yoshino: Heroine that actually matters and has actual character developmen, sure she isn't as relevant as Tohka or Kotori but she definitely is much more important and loved then some lolicon alchemist antagonist that anyone could easily forget after 1 or 2 volume

Quote:
The same could be said for Kurumi
In Volume 7 she plays a major role, and she is very important as a first spirit that is actually evil
Old 2013-04-27, 16:31   Link #2495
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Difference:

-Yoshino: Heroine that actually matters and has actual character developmen, sure she isn't as relevant as Tohka or Kotori but she definitely is much more important and loved then some lolicon alchemist antagonist that anyone could easily forget after 1 or 2 volume
- Various things from vol.2 are very relevant since those are the basis for God's Right Seat's goal and Gremlin's leader methods from New Testament.
- The alchemist is 18, 15 years on his flashbacks.
Old 2013-04-27, 16:42   Link #2496
kagato3

Quote:
Difference:

In Volume 7 she plays a major role, and she is very important as a first spirit that is actually evil
My point was just because Yoshino hasn't done anything doesn't mean she isn't importent and unlike the alchemist she doesn't just disapear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback
- Various things from vol.2 are very relevant since those are the basis for God's Right Seat's goal and Gremlin's leader methods from New Testament.
no pretty much the only major thing that comes out of that volume is the thing in Touma's right hand. Neither the basis for God's Right Seat's goal or Gremlin's leader methods are related to that.
Spoiler:
Old 2013-04-27, 16:43   Link #2497
farios

Quote:
Aren't we discussing about the alchemist character and background?

I don't read the LN but by relevant i hope you don't mean something that only matters because it hints of something that happens later, as long as the cutted event itself doesn't really matters than it really doesn't matters in the end

Quote:
- The alchemist is 18, 15 years on his flashbacks.
...So? What's your point?
Old 2013-04-27, 17:08   Link #2498
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
My point was just because Yoshino hasn't done anything doesn't mean she isn't importent and unlike the alchemist she doesn't just disapear.

no pretty much the only major thing that comes out of that volume is the thing in Touma's right hand. Neither the basis for God's Right Seat's goal or Gremlin's leader methods are related to that.
Spoiler:
Bad.
If you read the novel you will know that the method of purifying the soul in order to reach a superior order comes from the alchemist methods. The same method is used by GRS in order to cleanse themselves from the sin and obtain angelic bodies and powers.

Vol.2 also talks about micro and macro theories that Othinus from NT uses to create the holistic esper. The whole point of New Testament' current antagonist's mission is that.

Its not just some little hints.

Edit:
If you are talking about the invisible thing, the anime missed it but it heavily implies the dragon from Touma's arm wasn't made up by Aurelus as Styil suggest but from Touma's own arm, he only gave it a physical form.

Quote:
Aren't we discussing about the alchemist character and background?

I don't read the LN but by relevant i hope you don't mean something that only matters because it hints of something that happens later, as long as the cutted event itself doesn't really matters than it really doesn't matters in the end

...So? What's your point?
Izzard was exactly the same age and character Touma was before his memory whip.

Its relevant because Aureolus Izzard is what Touma would have become and could be if he failed(or fails) to save Index.
Both are similar to the point of sacrificing everything for the sake of those who needed help but only one could win against fate while the other failed but didn't give up.

Last edited by Miraluka; 2013-04-27 at 17:20.
Old 2013-04-27, 17:11   Link #2499
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
It's one of my favorite scenes too but there's a chance they'll put it and all the other more important stuff they cut out of Tohka's arc into the filler ep next week. And even if it didn't go back in I can live with it. I have some educational experience storyboarding so I know how painful it can be to scrap scenes you wanna put in so badly but can't because it'd make the whole thing too long. So maybe I'm just more used to these sorts of omissions than most people.

And after five eps of non-stop plot it might be a good time to take a break.
Old 2013-04-27, 17:26   Link #2500
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
It's one of my favorite scenes too but there's a chance they'll put it and all the other more important stuff they cut out of Tohka's arc into the filler ep next week. And even if it didn't go back in I can live with it. I have some educational experience storyboarding so I know how painful it can be to scrap scenes you wanna put in so badly but can't because it'd make the whole thing too long. So maybe I'm just more used to these sorts of omissions than most people.

And after five eps of non-stop plot it might be a good time to take a break.
Screw the break, if they wanted a break, they should have taken one week without broadcast rather than a episode with pure filler without reason.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, angelic spirits, antiheroine, comedy, drama, fake harem, fantasia bunko, harem, light novel, open ending, possible true harem, romance, science fiction, seinen, shounen, time travel, tragedy