AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

View Poll Results: Lucky Star - Episode 24 (FINAL) Rating
Perfect 10 210 67.09%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 61 19.49%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 30 9.58%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 2.24%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.32%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.32%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.32%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.64%
Voters: 313. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-17, 15:01   Link #81
Moridin

Now I have seen the subed version too It was great!
But now I have some questions. After they practise their performance they use two words: Dondake and Ikahodo. I looked up dondake and got an interesting story about a drag queen called Ikko in a show called Lincoln, and apparently that is his catch-phrase. The meaning of it is rougly "wtf?!"
Spoiler for where I found that info:

But I couldnt find anything about Ikahodo except that it means "how much" "however", but Im guessing there is someting more to it, cus otherwise it wouldnt fit in that context they are using it. So someone with apropriate knowledge, please enlighten us

At around 12:00, Konatas cousin says she will "enfuse them with big sister power" ( ) . The way that dialog is made and their reactions reminds me of Azumaga Dioh when "Osaka" is trying to help one of the other girls by giving some of her power to that girls "Good-luck-charm" (dont know the english word for that, but Im guessing you guys will understand). Osaka thinks it will help, but the others thinks it will do the opposit.
Because I was already reminded of Azumanga once during this episode I couldnt help it when bits of it suddenly got recalled into memmory, especially after the cheerleading practice in this episode, when Konata wants their teacher to pay for thier drinks! If Im not misstaken, that was also during the cultural festival in Azumanga. (Im editing this now because I migt be wrong about that, it might have had something to do with some sporting event instead..)
Old 2007-09-17, 15:07   Link #82
Woland
Latin Rascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moridin View Post
At around 12:00, Konatas cousin says she will "enfuse them with big sister power" ( ) . The way that dialog is made and their reactions reminds me of Azumaga Dioh when "Osaka" is trying to help one of the other girls.
Yes, but the "Onee-chan power" is also a famous take from School Rumble, even if the execution is different (...maybe I just remember the quote ).
Old 2007-09-17, 15:17   Link #83
MajideTime
Big O! It's showtime!

Brilliant. That's all that needs to be said. The Motteke! Sailor Fuku! performance=win. Plus, Haruhi references abound! Win.
Old 2007-09-17, 15:22   Link #84
Claymore_Obsessed

Besides the dance, I really loved to see Akira and Minoru at their best as in the good old days

I also acquired a new catchphrase, as of today I can officially apologize by saiying "I don't know those hard Nippon words!"

I also loved that scene where Patty shows the dance on her cellphone, and Konata is mesmerized ..."ooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuoooooooooooo"

Great ending, but still a ending... I'm feeling sad...it feels like a friend is waving goodbye
Old 2007-09-17, 15:30   Link #85
white-devil
Magic Monkey Wizard

Send a message via MSN to white-devil
God, I felt so dang sad there at the end. Im going to count this as one of those really really cute and overall sweet anime series that you wont forget.
Old 2007-09-17, 15:31   Link #86
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Well that was a cute capper to an enjoyable although mostly forgettable ,for me ,show...

Don't get me wrong it gave me a good laugh, but as far as impact it just didnt make much of any like most KyoAni series i've watched. Atleast it did a good job of making me long for Season 2 of suzumiya like crazy...Especially the nagato reference in this episode.

I think in the end the VA performances are what stuck in my head the most overall...

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Old 2007-09-17, 15:54   Link #87
luckystar3

lucky star is gone.... i want them to make more episodes. they better do it. im extremely sad but it was the best episode and it was awesome how they did cheer leading with the theme song and it was awesome. thats the only thing i need to say. it was perfect
Old 2007-09-17, 16:01   Link #88
Alesiopdv
True Believer of Haruhi

Simple put.

Why can anime be eternal like the Simspons?

As far as I recall Bart graduates form 4th grade Sixt Times.

Its a freaking cartoon, dont need to have realistic flow of time, its called comic book time.

See? Is a conspirancy. We all like the show, but still it HAVE to end.

Bah, yeah yeah perfect 10. Nice episode. Whatever. Im sick of japanese shows that ends. The only one with cojones to still be on air is Pokemon.
Old 2007-09-17, 16:13   Link #89
himemiya613

i loved this series, i feel really sad that it ended
Old 2007-09-17, 16:13   Link #90
DeshoDesho
Kyonist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alesiopdv View Post

Bah, yeah yeah perfect 10. Nice episode. Whatever. Im sick of japanese shows that ends. The only one with cojones to still be on air is Pokemon.
i agree,Pokemon isnt that good to last 700+ episodes,after the 3 Season i stopped seeing it.
See this quote
There are some anime shows who should be death and arent,and some that Shouldnt but are
Old 2007-09-17, 16:14   Link #91
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

hmm...that maybe a great idea.

a never ending school of loli's, each time a season ends a new story or finally we'll see a plot on L*S. I know Simpsons has been there since 1988 almost 20 years Bart hasn't graduated.

Why not an anime? Well as some say anime has a different genre... XD
Old 2007-09-17, 16:20   Link #92
Claymore_Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alesiopdv View Post
Simple put.

Why can anime be eternal like the Simspons?

As far as I recall Bart graduates form 4th grade Sixt Times.

Its a freaking cartoon, dont need to have realistic flow of time, its called comic book time.

See? Is a conspirancy. We all like the show, but still it HAVE to end.

All tastes are tastes...
I love anime also because they usually end, sooner or later.

Yes, it might be sad at first, but think wisely.

What's better: having a finished masterpiece that will last forever in our hearts and souls as shiny as that day we saw it in its full splendour, or a endless show that at first runs, then walks, then painfully crawls struggling in vain to be as good as it once was? Sharks are hungry, and they don't really like jumpers...
(all references to actual shows aren't casual )
Old 2007-09-17, 16:51   Link #93
darksider

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
hmm...that maybe a great idea.

a never ending school of loli's, each time a season ends a new story or finally we'll see a plot on L*S. I know Simpsons has been there since 1988 almost 20 years Bart hasn't graduated.

Why not an anime? Well as some say anime has a different genre... XD
I know that that thing is referred as the (cursed) Sazae-san dimension in Japan.

Once you put on the One Ring, although you won't age anymore, you'll begin to feel your life getting thin and stretched...
Old 2007-09-17, 16:52   Link #94
Seska

Ever good/loving/emotion Story/Anime/OVA should end when all is told. No forced continue. it is like mix Water with Wine....
Old 2007-09-17, 16:58   Link #95
Yuu-neko
Go! Go! Ouendan!

God! Thanks Paty-chan for making them all dance! This was the most "moe" episode ever!
Second season, please second season TT.TT...
Old 2007-09-17, 17:01   Link #96
kumori
~*KAMI*~

Location: In my own little anime world that revolves around me...
it was a nice ending that fit very well to the style of the story =] goin to be sad that it's over. =/ it was one of those nice carefree funny episodes that brightens your day whe you feel down. it also counterbalances my action anime. Going to miss it, and hoping for a second season!! =D
Old 2007-09-17, 17:02   Link #97
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

One of my biggest reasons for enjoying anime is that they usually come in complete packages with a beginning, middle, and end. I had gotten sick of never-ending series and I find I really have a bad taste in my mouth relating any of the "never ending anime" series some folks like so much.

Now "slice-o-life" (or more properly in Lucky*Star's case --character studies--) is an odd duck in that it doesn't really fit that scheme, but I enjoy those as well because they communicate the human condition in an often humorous way.

They need to let more 4-koma accumulate before taking on more Lucky*Star and since they've had the girls graduate.... either I'd like to see interstitial OVAs or OVAs regarding the second tier. I don't know that a second season would be good for the material. Hell, I'd like to see an anime-only "post graduation" OVA about the gang as a kind of nice epilog, but since the manga is ongoing - who knows.
Old 2007-09-17, 17:02   Link #98
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymore_Obsessed View Post
All tastes are tastes...
I love anime also because they usually end, sooner or later.

Yes, it might be sad at first, but think wisely.

What's better: having a finished masterpiece that will last forever in our hearts and souls as shiny as that day we saw it in its full splendour, or a endless show that at first runs, then walks, then painfully crawls struggling in vain to be as good as it once was? Sharks are hungry, and they don't really like jumpers...
(all references to actual shows aren't casual )
QFT. This is exactly right. With anime like Pokémon, if you were to loyally watch it from the first season to the very last episode that's been aired, chances are you lost a lot of the hype. It's no longer exciting, and what you gather from the series is an overall "OK" feeling, no matter how great you initially thought it was.

(Of course, the aim of shows like Pokémon is to draw in a new audience all the time anyways... They don't really expect any regular fan to keep up with all the seasons they've shown - they expect old fans to move on and to draw in new fans. Only really DIE HARD fans of Pokémon would continue to watch it ne.)

With something like L*S, I'm really glad it ends at 24 episodes. It's perfect in that it's not drawn out so much that we lose our excitement over it, and it's not just a 3-episode OVA that gets us wound up (like taking a steak away from a dog ne). In other words... It gives us a lot, but it still leaves us wanting more.

Edit: Now that I think about it.... If an anime makes you emo when it ends, doesn't that mean it did an excellent job?

Last edited by Risaa; 2007-09-17 at 17:12. Reason: That hasn't happened in a while... Vexx posted one second before I did!! I should've left off the bit about Pokemon XD
Old 2007-09-17, 17:07   Link #99
SukyAnime2

Ah, the perfect ending for an easygoing anime.

No offense, but a neverending show of this would be horrible over time. Imagine 100 episodes of girls ranting off their problems.... IN COLLEGE!

Anyway. I don't regret watching any bit of this anime as it's a great series to watch when you're bored.

Move over Lucky Star. Bring in CLANNAD.
Old 2007-09-17, 17:08   Link #100
himemiya613

i dont think there will be a second season, if there was, the girls would have to be in universitiy/collage
Closed Thread