AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2013-04-26, 21:26   Link #1
CJ_Walker

Bad guy wins

I want to see an anime, or manga where at the end, the bad guy wins a gets away with everything.

Got any ideas? (not code geass, already saw that.)
CJ_Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 22:04   Link #2
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Definitely Berserk. No words are adequate for me to describe the last episode, though to be fair, the manga was still running when the anime ended.

Also, Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom, Chrono Crusade,Higurashi and Wolf's Rain (to a certain extent).

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 22:30   Link #3
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Shakugan no Shana and Magic Knight Rayearth.

Spoiler for Shana:

Spoiler for Rayearth:
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-27, 05:01   Link #4
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Seconding Shana.

Also Fate/Zero
Spoiler for Fate/Zero:
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-27, 05:28   Link #5
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Going with Shana, Higurashi, and Fate/Zero

Spoiler for Higurashi:
Old 2013-04-27, 10:06   Link #6
Flame-X
Anti-fan

Speed Grapher
Gundam 0083
Old 2013-04-27, 10:19   Link #7
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Devilman
The original manga by Go Nagai. It's a bit old and the art might be a turn off for you, but it's a great classic.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-27, 19:02   Link #8
kitten320

Berserk
Fate/Zero
Ga-Rei Zero
Mirai Nikki
- not exactly but ending is not very positive for MC.
Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom
Wolf's Rain
Old 2013-04-27, 22:09   Link #9
Siphine
The Dreamer

C: Control and Power
Spoiler for C::

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Siphine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 00:44   Link #10
CJ_Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siphine View Post
C: Control and Power
Spoiler for C::
awesome, I never knew shakugan no shana had the bad guy wins ending, I was really annoyed with that tsundere crap that after about 6-7 episodes I couldn't watch anymore.

but now Ill finish it haha.

Ill try out rayearth too

C got annoying to me and I never finished it (it just felt too pretentious, like it was trying too hard. . .especially since they were just speaking about 99% BS about how economies work) but I'll check it out again.

Ive seen the rest though hehe.
Old 2013-04-28, 01:12   Link #11
CJ_Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ_Walker View Post
awesome, I never knew shakugan no shana had the bad guy wins ending, I was really annoyed with that tsundere crap that after about 6-7 episodes I couldn't watch anymore.

but now Ill finish it haha.

Ill try out rayearth too

C got annoying to me and I never finished it (it just felt too pretentious, like it was trying too hard. . .especially since they were just speaking about 99% BS about how economies work) but I'll check it out again.

Ive seen the rest though hehe.

Edit, just watched the last ep of C (that I avoided last time) . .and wow . . that was bad! hahaha Im glad I never watched the final ep way back in the day, or else I'd have been really pissed then, now I"m just like "yeah, figured it would be that bad." (I mean the dude even kissed his own (future)daugheter...wtf Japan!?)

Ill try the other shows though.
Old 2013-04-28, 09:05   Link #12
Velsy

Death Note, if you dont bother watching the 2nd part like I did.

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 09:39   Link #13
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

You know... there is really a lot that I'd have to say about these suggestions and how they actually fit with the original request of "bad guy", "wins", "at the end"

Old 2013-04-28, 10:13   Link #14
CJ_Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
You know... there is really a lot that I'd have to say about these suggestions and how they actually fit with the original request of "bad guy", "wins", "at the end"
Well, I know that a lot of them don't really fit but. . .I don't really think three's many decent anime shows that do this well. hell, there's not many Hollywood movies I can think of off the top of my head. So Ill just take what I can get I guess.

There are just so many shows though(anime) where they make the villain look cool, badass, a good sense of purpose/reasons for doing what they are doing, yet they get defeated by the Author/director usually through some external deus ex machina or internal D.E.M. by all of a sudden the protag getting stronger by "sheer will" or by magically finding a weakness over a bad guy that is 1000x stronger, or by the power of love/friendship etc etc. or by the fact that 99% of villains are bond Villan types etc. . .or through some other asspull that we are supposed to accept because. . .morals lol. . .

kinda gets boring after a while. I mean we know the good guy is going to win. . .
Old 2013-04-28, 10:49   Link #15
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
hell, there's not many Hollywood movies I can think of off the top of my head. So Ill just take what I can get I guess.
Well, there's not many in anime and manga either strictly speaking. but about "Hollywood Movies" you should try Watchmen, or better the original graphic novel, that fits the bill perfectly.

Old 2013-04-28, 11:28   Link #16
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Shiki?Kinda?

The anime really blurs the line between good and evil and at one point you're not sure who to root for so there was no clear bad guy, and nobody really won.

However I bring it up because a couple of characters that a whole lot of fans disliked and wanted to see get killed ended up being quite well off.

edit: papermario13689 mentions Kaiji below and yeah S1 fits that perfectly.

Last edited by totoum; 2013-04-28 at 12:27.
totoum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 11:30   Link #17
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Season 1 of Kaiji has this element. Season 2 might be less connected to your parameters.
Old 2013-04-28, 15:53   Link #18
AnimeFangirl

In School Days, the main character's best friend gets away with committing a heinous crime.
Old 2013-04-28, 17:02   Link #19
kitten320

Well you can try Hakuouki series which don't have a winning villain but at the same time they don't have an all happy ending especially in second season. I would personally start with prequel Hakuouki Reimeiroku.

And while characters look bishoujo, there is barely any real fan service or yaoi implications. It is story/history driven.

You can try Jigoku Shoujo which is episodic series and every episode have different focus. Some of the case can make you go "What?!". While so called "good guys" win, they still pay the price.

Aoi Bungaku series - set of small stories, mostly with depressing or weird endings.

Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica - while the main characters do win, it is not an all happy ending.

Mawaru Penguindrum - from what I remember ending was not too optimistic.

Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin - some cases end better than others, some worse.

Romeo x Juliet - well, you pretty much know what happens to our heroes

Shinsekai yori - by the end of the series, I found it hard to label who is good and bad. While so called "good guys" win, it was done through wits and lots of sacrifices. No random power ups.

Hope that some of these will appeal to you.
Old 2013-04-28, 22:34   Link #20
CJ_Walker

oh yeah! watchmen was awesome! Ill watch that again lol

I saw the first season of Kaiji, was great

but yeah more like watchmen though just anime,. . .I honestly can't think of any that have this element to be honest. . .it would be the equivalent to Makishima getting away with taking down the sybil system in psycho pass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Well you can try Hakuouki series which don't have a winning villain but at the same time they don't have an all happy ending especially in second season. I would personally start with prequel Hakuouki Reimeiroku.

And while characters look bishoujo, there is barely any real fan service or yaoi implications. It is story/history driven.

You can try Jigoku Shoujo which is episodic series and every episode have different focus. Some of the case can make you go "What?!". While so called "good guys" win, they still pay the price.

Aoi Bungaku series - set of small stories, mostly with depressing or weird endings.

Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica - while the main characters do win, it is not an all happy ending.

Mawaru Penguindrum - from what I remember ending was not too optimistic.

Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin - some cases end better than others, some worse.

Romeo x Juliet - well, you pretty much know what happens to our heroes

Shinsekai yori - by the end of the series, I found it hard to label who is good and bad. While so called "good guys" win, it was done through wits and lots of sacrifices. No random power ups.

Hope that some of these will appeal to you.
out of all of these I haven't seen rainbow I think Ill try that...

penguindrum was really bad imo. almost as pretentious as C. I dont think I can watch that again.

school days: there's already enough male bashing in anime already from violence against men being "funny"(if it were the other way around all women and white knight dudes would be crying about it)
that and the creators try their best to make the MC as much as a punk ass bitch as possible just to justify getting murdered(which isn't justifyable period no matter how many "hearts were broken) I found that show just sickening.

but im gonna try out shana again. That and rayearth sounds the closest.