AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2006-12-28, 18:01   Link #101
mlai

Saber is dead.
Whether she re-unites with Shirou in the afterlife is open to debate, but I think not. I don't think it's logical for ppl to re-unite in the afterlife... what if your 1st wife died and you married again?
mlai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-30, 00:40   Link #102
Keirn

I really liked this anime, but arrgh why couldn't Shirou end up with Saber! So sad :'(
Keirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-30, 00:53   Link #103
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Because there is no FSN-2. Because Yuna > Saber and can make her man rematerialize with desire alone.

Poor Saber can't do the same .

Unless of course Saber's body goes into suspended animation cuz Avalon is a nice and happy place and bodies don't decay after being dead for 1000 years, and Rin finds her (somehow) while on a trip to London and then Shirou and Saber get reunited, and Rider and Caster are there too cuz they attract too much sin to be in heaven, and are too cute to go to hell =P.
Old 2007-01-01, 13:39   Link #104
Question
Crossdresser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeithis View Post
In Hollow Ataraxia shirou is trapped in 4 Days , which are repeating constantly, so he has enought time to have a releation with every character xD (well, except the boys , even if shinji looks interested in an BL Fate)

Fate Staynight impressed me not as much as the h-games, maybe because the fate-route is the most boring rout of the three. Heaven's Feel would have been more interesting.
The "shirou" in HA isnt really shirou at all.

The anime people liked the fate route ending the best. What can i say......and it really does seem to fit the best.

I would like to see UBW/HF animated as OVAs though.
Question is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-05, 20:55   Link #105
Zalith
GrimmHime

I cried at the part where Saber turned around and said, "Shirou, I..love you." She should really think more about what she wants. She's too selfless.

The ending was just so..sad >.>. Sigh, with everyone dying in this anime x[ I don't know how you can be happy. The way Gilgamelsh died was also..depressing. But hey, I'd prefer it over Saber dying.

I bet Saber had feelings for Gilgamelsh at one time or another. I actually like that pairing. I used to hate the ShirouXSaber pairing, but now that Shirou doesn't blab about all the "omg I r da protector of justice and you shall keel no wun!" crap, it's alright.
Zalith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-07, 16:31   Link #106
capture
Saber's Husband XD

Send a message via Yahoo to capture
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question View Post

I would like to see UBW/HF animated as OVAs though.
Agree!!! specially the UBW... I loved that part...
Old 2007-01-14, 15:56   Link #107
mr.gasbag

Hey i am new! Can you guys please explain what you mean by UBW and HF and OVA? I really liked the anime FST and I agree with some of you that it is really based on character development. I really liked the story, but I wish they had let other characters develop and not just saber and Shirou. I really love character development.
mr.gasbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-14, 16:03   Link #108
Lelouch
Phaeton

UBW= Unlimited Blade Works
HF= Heaven's Feel

The above 2 branches off from the main story line in the game and give alt. endings I believe

OVA = original video animation
is when anime is released directly on to the market, usually showing extra scenes, fleshing at back stories etc.
Lelouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-16, 05:54   Link #109
Keimaru
Kei ^_^

Send a message via AIM to Keimaru Send a message via MSN to Keimaru
Yeah the OVA better be good becuz i dislike the ending >.<
Keimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-16, 08:36   Link #110
Skeithis
Von Einzbern

Send a message via MSN to Skeithis
Heaven's feel and Unlimted Blade Works are also main stories . As usual for H-games, there is an specific rote for every (female) chracter. Fate is only the route for Saber. =)
Skeithis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-28, 00:31   Link #111
zxgohan

if i had the chance to go back in time and not watch this anime from the beginning, i would gladly do so. because the ending that was just presented to me was by far the biggest load of crap i have ever seen, next to samurai 7.

and i'm not saying that because shiro and saber did not end up together. i'm saying it because of what saber said... dream...a dream....

if it ended with her knowing all that had taken place with shiro was real, i might have been a little more satisfied, but no. we got dreamed. and to kick our teeth in, they taunt us with her wanting to see the continuation of the dream. just to show how strong her feelings for shiro were. atleast, that's my take on it. how rude.

another problem i had with the ending was that it ended with a question, for me atleast.

what is she doing? sleeping, passing on, what?

ultimately, she's probably just dead. makes the series more impactful i think. but i also believe the creators want you to decide how it ends. which i hate that kind of ending. it makes the series trivial.

if that's the case, there's a number of ways you can end it:

dies
sleeping to live another day
dreams back to shiro
dies but goes back to shiro
etc. etc.

this series was good, but i wish the ending was different.
zxgohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-28, 01:31   Link #112
Archer

Saber's soul was traveling throughout time, fighting for the Holy Grail, while her body was frozen in her own time. Thus, she saw all of her experiences as a dream. While the events actually happened, she could only see them as dreams.

So, when she gave up her journey for the grail, time began to move once again. Her body, frozen at the point of death, passed on.
Archer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-28, 02:29   Link #113
Question
Crossdresser

zxgohan : It seems you are not a fan of sad endings. Thats not a fault of the series at all. I felt that the ending of the anime was perfect...there really was no other ending. Saber couldnt have stayed because there was no way for her to do so. If she had drunk the holy grail she would have been corrupted.
Question is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-28, 17:08   Link #114
AKDieseL

Managed to stay in UBW. People say that there was no other option but i'm sure the writers could have thought of something.....
AKDieseL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-28, 18:05   Link #115
Archer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKDieseL View Post
Managed to stay in UBW. People say that there was no other option but i'm sure the writers could have thought of something.....
That's only in the Good End, while she did indeed disappear in the True End. And even that was only possible because Rin was the master. Shirou, with his low amount of mana, won't be able to support Saber.
Old 2007-01-28, 19:11   Link #116
zxgohan

there's plenty of ways they could have brought her back, but it wouldn't serve a purpose other than to make people who like happy endings, happy. that's a fine reason if you ask me, because if they don't plan on making anymore you may as well end it on a good note. but ending it as she dies was also a decent way. a memorable way. i still don't like the dream part. i understand it, but i just don't like it. and when you honestly think about how these magicians can call forth dead spirits, it makes you think that anything is possible. especially when you involve love and shiro's determination and uncanny abilities.
zxgohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-28, 23:14   Link #117
Archer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zxgohan View Post
there's plenty of ways they could have brought her back, but it wouldn't serve a purpose other than to make people who like happy endings, happy. that's a fine reason if you ask me, because if they don't plan on making anymore you may as well end it on a good note. but ending it as she dies was also a decent way. a memorable way. i still don't like the dream part. i understand it, but i just don't like it. and when you honestly think about how these magicians can call forth dead spirits, it makes you think that anything is possible. especially when you involve love and shiro's determination and uncanny abilities.
The whole calling back the dead spirits part...

Yeah... that's a whole 'nother story altogether that wasn't touched upon in the anime.

Basically, it's impossible for people to call forth dead spirits after they passed on. This was one very BIG exception for there is a very complex reason for. You can't replicate this kind of stuff anywhere else.
Old 2007-02-01, 03:45   Link #118
anselfir
Style Über Alles

Quote:
Originally Posted by zxgohan View Post
No, the way they did it was cliche and annoyingly frustrating. It was just a way of saying, "this is a fantasy."
Old 2007-02-01, 03:57   Link #119
Areguzanda
Ecchi!

I don't care what anybody else says.
I loved it
I even loved the ending, and even I understood that one.
I did hope for a while that Shiro and Saber would be together but inside I knew it would never happen. It's just that kind of Anime.
I don't think this series need and OVA or 2. season really.
I'm afraid it may ruin the total impression of it.

Fate/Stay Night - A story to remember

Areguzanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 12:13   Link #120
Rengemaru
Mad Scientist

Everyone should also keep in mind that TYPE-MOON is famous for this kind of endings. Anyone who saw Tsukihime would understand