Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2009-11-14, 11:24   Link #22061
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladinoras View Post
Well, I guess Japanese people have different tastes then. But C.C had way more screentime in S1, and only about equalized in R2, so maybe that is partially the cause.
Although I don't have any particular character preference, I found C.C.'s character design, personality and role in the story far more appealing than Kallen to be honest.
Old 2009-11-14, 11:30   Link #22062
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
you're in the wrong thread then
Old 2009-11-14, 11:35   Link #22063
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
you're in the wrong thread then
3/4 of the posts here have been in the wrong thread or went way off-topic and I could assume that by just looking at few random posts.

Besides, it doesn't mean I can't discuss about Kallen by prefering her over C.C., no?
Old 2009-11-14, 13:42   Link #22064
Nostalgia
We're so far gone

Send a message via Yahoo to Nostalgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean_the_Young View Post
And she's psychic as well, folks! Isn't it amazing how she knows exactly what goes through the heads of people who she's never seen and will never meet in person? I mean, how can anyone deny such a well informed, insightful analysis of why people don't agree with her? Hey, they're just pissing themselves. It's the only logical explanation.
If you're going to insult me don't be such a snobbish bitch about it.
Nostalgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 13:43   Link #22065
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

please dont start fighting
we dont want this thread closed
Old 2009-11-14, 13:44   Link #22066
Nostalgia
We're so far gone

I don't mean to. I just think it's shit to be insulted.
Old 2009-11-14, 13:49   Link #22067
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

you could simply not respond

back to the subject of kallen
it just came to me that while kallen is just a normal civilian in the final ep
her political connections are better then those of most national leaders
she can pick up the phone and call
1)the prime minister of japan
2)the chairwoman of the UFN
3)the empress of britannia
4)zero himself
and get any of them on the phone within a few minutes
and she's practiclly the ONLY person who can do that with all those people (she's the only one friendly with both nunnaly and the UFN people)
thats pretty impressive connections
Old 2009-11-14, 13:53   Link #22068
azul120

Or just leave negative feedback.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 13:58   Link #22069
Nostalgia
We're so far gone

It's my nature. Okay, why would Kallen want to talk with any of those people? Is this a 'what if'? But it is impressive, sure. Would it be canon for Kallen to grieve for Lelouch a few or more years after his death? And if it's not, does anybody really care? Kalulu people seem the romantic type to me.
Old 2009-11-14, 14:01   Link #22070
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

why would she NOT
nunnaly and kaguya are friends of hers
and ougi (for good or ill) is a formar comrade at arms
as for zero...
it depends

as for your question
what do you mean "Would it be canon for Kallen to grieve for Lelouch a few or more years after his death?"
isnt it obvious that she would ?
Old 2009-11-14, 14:06   Link #22071
Nostalgia
We're so far gone

I mean why? Wouldn't she need or want something to do that?

Hm, she never seemed THAT sentimental to me. But that's good.
Old 2009-11-14, 14:06   Link #22072
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
That's what happens when you don't read all the posts. Seriously though, there are too many posts in this Kallen discussion section, I would have never thought she'd be more famous than C.C.
Trolls, her development, her actions, extra materials especially etc, etc. At least from what I've seen are reasons why this thread is huge as well as fans discussing. Even though fans on this forum by going by those character polls here liked C.C more. When the series was airing there were more C.C fans around here. Which could be for whatever reason.

Personally, I found Kallen more interesting than any other female character in CG, all were too typical or boring for me or I just lost interest. Too bad more details on her background never happened. Would have been interesting.

@Blade

She could possibly do all those things. Kind of wish the epilogue was longer though.
Old 2009-11-14, 22:23   Link #22073
Paladinoras
Pancakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
you could simply not respond

back to the subject of kallen
it just came to me that while kallen is just a normal civilian in the final ep
her political connections are better then those of most national leaders
she can pick up the phone and call
1)the prime minister of japan
2)the chairwoman of the UFN
3)the empress of britannia
4)zero himself
and get any of them on the phone within a few minutes
and she's practiclly the ONLY person who can do that with all those people (she's the only one friendly with both nunnaly and the UFN people)
thats pretty impressive connections
Pretty much.

Kallen basically conquered the world, in a way. Hahaha. I doubt she will have any need to use her connections though...

Credit to Godlike1889 for the sig!
Paladinoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 23:40   Link #22074
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Send a message via MSN to Bonzo
I made a little story, two thieves, a third outside like lookout enter inside Shallon's house.

Oh well, kallen is kallen.

For the three thieves the situation was equal (the comparison realistically not work because bulls can't see colors) to enter with red clothes inside a bullfight bulls breeding.
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 19:25   Link #22075
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

I don't understand the attachment some of you guys have to Kallen. She's the biggest disappointment of all of Code Geass. She had the most potential to really become an interesting, engaging character. Instead she became an empty character whose story ends in episode 8 or 9 of S1.

Season 1 definitely had me hooked on Kallen, specially the early parts. She was a half-Eleven living a double life as a student and a terrorist. She had a junkie mother and a wealthy Britannian father, yet the only aspect of her character that is really explored is her mother. Her brother who is a major motivation is never explored, as is her father.

I don't know about you, but instead of having her run around Asford in a sexy ass revealing as fuck outfit inside a mascot I would've preferred to see how she interacted with her FATHER. I think that interaction would've done more for me in terms of liking her, as opposed to just the plain indifference I have towards her. IDK I feel like most of the development time spent on Kallen was horribly managed and that didn't end up doing much for her as a character.
Old 2009-11-15, 20:37   Link #22076
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Send a message via MSN to Bonzo
Look, in my opinion, all the characters are bad managed in R2.
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-16, 00:25   Link #22077
Nostalgia
We're so far gone

Again, that's the writers fault not the characters. Which is basically the same thing but still. I guess this is what fanfiction is for.
Old 2009-11-16, 00:55   Link #22078
Paladinoras
Pancakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
I don't understand the attachment some of you guys have to Kallen. She's the biggest disappointment of all of Code Geass. She had the most potential to really become an interesting, engaging character. Instead she became an empty character whose story ends in episode 8 or 9 of S1.

Season 1 definitely had me hooked on Kallen, specially the early parts. She was a half-Eleven living a double life as a student and a terrorist. She had a junkie mother and a wealthy Britannian father, yet the only aspect of her character that is really explored is her mother. Her brother who is a major motivation is never explored, as is her father.

I don't know about you, but instead of having her run around Asford in a sexy ass revealing as fuck outfit inside a mascot I would've preferred to see how she interacted with her FATHER. I think that interaction would've done more for me in terms of liking her, as opposed to just the plain indifference I have towards her. IDK I feel like most of the development time spent on Kallen was horribly managed and that didn't end up doing much for her as a character.
Kallen is awesome because of her skills among others. That is basically what appeals to me. It is nigh impossible to find a female mecha pilot that can be considered to be the top pilot of her universe. She has a strong sense of justice and morality, and will not be afraid to act upon what she thinks is right. I find it very charming that she is driven by emotion among everything else.

Why do people all think that Kallen is liked simply because of her appearance..?
For god's sakes, if we go by that standard, C.C should have a shitload more fans...

Credit to Godlike1889 for the sig!
Paladinoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-16, 01:04   Link #22079
azul120

She's also the distaff Domon Kasshu! How cool is that?
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-16, 01:10   Link #22080
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladinoras View Post
Kallen is awesome because of her skills among others. That is basically what appeals to me. It is nigh impossible to find a female mecha pilot that can be considered to be the top pilot of her universe. She has a strong sense of justice and morality, and will not be afraid to act upon what she thinks is right. I find it very charming that she is driven by emotion among everything else.

Why do people all think that Kallen is liked simply because of her appearance..?
For god's sakes, if we go by that standard, C.C should have a shitload more fans...
Incidentally, I believe she does

As for me, I'm mostly indifferent towards Kallen. I don't love her or hate her. I do think she has a smokin' hot bod and a strong sense of morality and justice, but then again a lot of anime characters do.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote