AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-06-11, 00:21   Link #461
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Didn't see the comment since I watched the link on here rather than on youtube.

LOL. Poor Flynn. But damn is he not an awesome character to harass with this sort of thing.

Should be more fanmade skirts
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 17:11   Link #462
Tobi_Uchiha
Tobi is a Good Boy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
This is, by far, the GREATEST Tales of skit out of all of skits ever!!!

so does that mean rita is gay?
Tobi_Uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-01, 04:48   Link #463
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi_Uchiha View Post
so does that mean rita is gay?
It's a fanmade skit.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 13:32   Link #464
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Thread revival to ask a question.

Back in early August of last year, Namco re-released several Tales games at a reduced price as part of their 15th Anniversary thing.

http://www.girlgamersuk.com/2011/07/...ry-collection/

The thing is, I can't find any of them anywhere. And several forums talk about how none of the 15th Anniversary editions have ever been in stock at any stores like www.play-asia.com.

Were they every really released in the first place? I'd like to know because I'm looking to get Vesperia, but I'd rather get it at the re-relase reduced price if I can find it.
Old 2012-06-20, 07:53   Link #465
abc0716

While I was checking the detail of Accel World's game (in PA), I accidentally found out the budget version (PS3 the Best / Greatest Hits....) of ToV (and also ToGF) will release on about this August.

Most likely will pre-order it with another game that I'm looking for. (Accel World / Rinne no Lagrange's game, or maybe Dead Island GotY edition ) Since the regular version of ToV is pretty hard to find outside the usual online stores we know...
abc0716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-10, 17:27   Link #466
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

The achievements in this game are ridiculous. I want you all to know that I've been tying my wired controller around itself to leave Ba'ul on a constant move for the last 10 hours, and I still haven't hit 100,000 km traveled or whatever it wanted.

I shudder to think I'm going to try some of the others. At least the game's great, so I feel compelled to complete it instead of forced.
Old 2013-01-12, 22:28   Link #467
SRanger
Remember, no moe.

Im playing the game right now, and I just met Judith.

Sweet jesus, best character.
Old 2013-01-13, 03:42   Link #468
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRanger View Post
Im playing the game right now, and I just met Judith.

Sweet jesus, best character.
Dang, where'd you find a copy? >.>
Old 2013-01-13, 05:34   Link #469
SRanger
Remember, no moe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Dang, where'd you find a copy? >.>
If you own a 360, Tales of Vesperia is on their "On Demand" selection, so you can just pay Microsoft and get the game digitally.

I myself, traded in like 4 or so games I never play to gamestop, and got a used copy. Luckily they had one in stock.

For the PS3 version, you can probably import or something. I mean it's not hard to get any version of the game, just hitup Amazon my friend.
Old 2013-09-07, 12:01   Link #470
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

I finally got this game for myself, the PS3 Best version. (from CD Japan of all places , they didn't even used to sell games)

The story and characters are great, but one big issue I have with is

THE COMBAT SYSTEM.

It's literally so simple that it's actually stupidly hard. You do the old three-hit combo followed by Arte and you have no naturally dodge ability. (only through skills, and even then it's slow as heck)

Even worse, my characters take so long to recover from using their own attacks that the enemy I just hit recovers and strikes back before my characters' recovery animation is finished, let alone using guard.

I've been playing the battles on normal, and I've been burning through TP, largely beacuse the enemies keep hitting all my characters before they can do anything because of the aforementioned recovery problem; I hit an attack button and the enemy sneaks in a hit before my attack animation starts, so the TP is still used up.
Other enemies go after any mages in my party while I'm struggliing with the other enemies and eat their HP, which forces them to eat their TP to heal, not to mention the damage my frontliners take from being unable to land hits before the enemy. My item supplies also face similar consumption when I use auto-item.
The limited number of actions makes it hard for me to turn any battle into anything more than a hit and hit back pure-brawn slugfest, and boss fights annihilate me almost every time.
Even worse, the limited number of actions I can take in combat gets me stuck between multiple enemies who land hit after hit after hit.

So is there some kind of special trick to using this combat system more effectively?

Last edited by Shinji103; 2013-09-07 at 12:12.
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-08, 03:16   Link #471
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post

So is there some kind of special trick to using this combat system more effectively?
Don't know if the PS3 versión is any different, but I honestly don't remember ever having too much trouble with battles. If you are running head first towards enemies in groups, you are just asking to get surrounded. Try to dodge their attacks first with free run and then start your combo from there.

Are you trying to control other characters? Rita is a monster pretty much from the start and a well leveled fireball, can easily keep a slow moving boss in it's place. Heck, once I got the ship, I would visit other locations with over leveled enemies and clean the battles mostly with Rita.
Old 2013-09-08, 03:23   Link #472
hamazura
whatever

i just want to say i love raven-ossan and esteruxrita yuri pair
Old 2013-09-08, 06:01   Link #473
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

@Shinji103
Actually, Vesperia had the most broken battle-system in all of the tales of... games ever created... at least, IMO
and Rita is the most broken character

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-08, 06:06   Link #474
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

But before you get to that broken state, your artes are chain by their types: normal attacks -> basic artes -> arcane artes -> alter artes etc
Old 2013-09-08, 08:06   Link #475
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

I do try to circle around/dodge enemies, but as I said the lack of abilities to actually dodge in close quarters makes it nearly impossible for me to avoid hits when I'm actually engaged, moreso because as previously mentioned my characters take so long to recover from using their own attacks. The enemies recover from getting hit faster, and I'm completely defenseless for them to hit me, with no good abilities to dodge with.

I have no idea how Rita can be a broken character, at least not as far as the PS3 version is concerned. All of the characters are hard to play as because of the aforementioned problems with the combat system, but Rita I find to be hard as heck to use "right."
Old 2013-09-08, 08:50   Link #476
GDB

If I recall, she can go infinite with Tidal Wave.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-08, 08:55   Link #477
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

She can- I used her to farm Grades for a whole hour.

That was an experience.

Yuri probably is the second strongest character.
Old 2013-09-08, 09:02   Link #478
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-08, 09:23   Link #479
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

All that is end-game level stuff though. I just got to Dangrest in the main story.
Old 2013-09-08, 09:48   Link #480
GDB

Well, usually when someone says something is broken, they're talking end-game unless otherwise specified. And usually the only thing people say is broke like that in Tales is Free Run in Abyss.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rpg