AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-02-16, 22:13   Link #341
sonicgx11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
The birds actually stood out to me as being weird. As I remember it (and I may be mis-remembering - it's been a few years since I watched Eureka Seven), I don't think that there were any birds - it was always sky fish. Is that right?
Well Actually there were birds in the first series, there was a bird on renton's head and eureka and the kids were surprised and laughing at him. On episode 10 higher than the sun.

Last edited by sonicgx11; 2012-02-16 at 22:36.
sonicgx11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-16, 22:53   Link #342
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicgx11 View Post
Exactly, I have a son and I'm 19, so its definitely possible for renton to have a kid.
You and your girl got the order mixed up didn't you?
djmaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-16, 23:05   Link #343
sonicgx11

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaca View Post
You and your girl got the order mixed up didn't you?
Lmao, she asked for it. Besides this is our favorite series to watch together.
Old 2012-02-16, 23:56   Link #344
aardvark

The way I think it is:

original series = 2005 (+10,000)
AO = 2025 (+10,000)

So 20 years later.
aardvark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 00:06   Link #345
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
The birds actually stood out to me as being weird. As I remember it (and I may be mis-remembering - it's been a few years since I watched Eureka Seven), I don't think that there were any birds - it was always sky fish. Is that right?
I really hope there are sky fish. And trapars. And scubs - although I can't recall if they would still be there.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 00:10   Link #346
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
The way I think it is:

AO = 2025 (+10,000)

So 20 years later.
So it's 12005 then 12025 A.D.

Actually makes more sense.
Old 2012-02-17, 01:14   Link #347
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
The way I think it is:

AO = 2025 (+10,000)

So 20 years later.
That would mean Renton was roughly 21 when Ao was born, so it definitely fits from that perspective.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 01:56   Link #348
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

The new Nirvash looks great. I missed the Spec-2's Robot Damashii action figure couple years ago, I might get the new one when they release it :3
Old 2012-02-17, 02:48   Link #349
aardvark

Notice how the Nirvash is Black/Grey in the promo.

Kind of like the original Nirvash. Black/Grey in the military then painted Red and White

I wonder why Ao's hair changes. Maybe its colored to make it seem normal? Hope its not something dumb like it changes color when he gets in the Nirvash...lol
aardvark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 02:56   Link #350
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Notice how the Nirvash is Black/Grey in the promo.

Kind of like the original Nirvash. Black/Grey in the military then painted Red and White

I wonder why Ao's hair changes. Maybe its colored to make it seem normal? Hope its not something dumb like it changes color when he gets in the Nirvash...lol
LOL like it will follow rainbow colors when he does Seven Swell? That would be FABULOUS!
Old 2012-02-17, 07:17   Link #351
sonicgx11

Quote:
The way I think it is:

AO = 2025 (+10,000)

So 20 years later.
Thts what I'm thinking.
Old 2012-02-17, 15:38   Link #352
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
The way I think it is:

AO = 2025 (+10,000)

So 20 years later.
That doesn't explain the scenario setting and Kyoda's comments though. 20 years after E7 would not result in the difference of technology we see, nor should it turn the entire world back into a modern day setting with modern day countries. Kyoda mentioning something like "In any sort of world where there exists a Renton and a Eureka, there can be a Eureka Seven story" also seems to indicate that he seems to think what he did for the movie is a success.

I definitely think it is worrying. This could be a "sequel" to E7 in the sense that Ao is the son of Renton and Eureka, but I'm concerned that they're not really treating this as a sort of "E7 sequel for E7 fans" but rather something like "let's find more audiences for E7 by aping other popular shows lalalala".
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 16:03   Link #353
konart

I get this feeling, like they don't really know what they want themselves. Or maybe they just want to make a new story basing on the old one, but with an opportunity to bring back old characters, if ratings are low. Something like this.
Old 2012-02-17, 16:15   Link #354
miketyson

About the only sensible scenario I can see that fits the facts is something like that island being at a crossroads between parallel universes, or something roughly along those lines...and that's not the most appealing prospect, just the only one I can think of that's somewhat logical and fits the facts.

Why practice series-necromancy only to defile the resurrected? Why can the dead not be left to rest in peace? Fingers crossed, toes crossed, but all bets very very hedged now.
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 17:00   Link #355
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Just realized that for some reason I thought this show was going to be set in 2012 not 2025, hence my confusion over ages and such so please ignore those posts. >.< Still confused on why it appears the landscape has reverted back to it's pre-coralian state and why it sounds like the old countries (such as the US and France) have also been revived, since they were never mentioned in the original but those at least could be explained in an infodump early on.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 17:22   Link #356
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Who knows? It could be an alternate dimension; it could be a hologram; it could be a dream world or alternate reality taking place within some sort of Scab Coral. It could go any number of ways. It's too early to be expressing disappointment over it.
Old 2012-02-18, 23:44   Link #357
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
The animation is indeed jerky, but anime itself has always been jerky, there's not much they can do to help with the average 8 fps.

I'll judge technically only when they do actual aerial combat, that was where Eureka 7 was most outstanding.

Though I can see from the trailer there's a lack of easing in the movements, which Bones used to be good at animating. There are also lots of still poses and shots, lack of animation.
That's exactly what I mean. BONES used to be the best in animation (imo). Even if it was just regular movements and what not. Is it because BONES started doing more shows the last 2-3 years or so? It looks like they expanded without keeping the same quality. They should just go back to doing 1 shows a year or 2 max.
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
You can't expect much from the guy who is responsible for Oreimo...
.. I haven't seen Oreimo, but I'll take your word for it. Kenichi Yoshida should just be hired for every BONES show, cause he's that good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
TI definitely think it is worrying. This could be a "sequel" to E7 in the sense that Ao is the son of Renton and Eureka, but I'm concerned that they're not really treating this as a sort of "E7 sequel for E7 fans" but rather something like "let's find more audiences for E7 by aping other popular shows lalalala".
Exactly! But you can't really blame BONES after a lot of failed original shows. Trying to appeal more to what people are in to nowadays. Even though it's like spitting in the face of true E7 fans.

Last edited by Haohmaru; 2012-02-19 at 02:15.
Haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-19, 03:39   Link #358
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
Old 2012-02-19, 06:30   Link #359
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Old 2012-02-19, 06:58   Link #360
MasterVampire

I hope Renton and Eurkea will make an appearance!
MasterVampire is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, mecha, romance, science fiction, shounen