AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-05-07, 13:36   Link #521
xizro345
King's Justice

It keeps being silly but it's quite enjoyable. My only worry is that with only 13 episodes, even if the focus is on the trainees, the cast is a little too big.
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-07, 13:47   Link #522
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by xizro345 View Post
It keeps being silly but it's quite enjoyable. My only worry is that with only 13 episodes, even if the focus is on the trainees, the cast is a little too big.
Just to repeat what Katapan said some staff members confirmed that it was split 2 cour.
Old 2012-05-07, 13:54   Link #523
xizro345
King's Justice

Oh well, better than nothing I suppose, if it's true.
The VA quality for the trainees as expected varies a lot, for now I think Nagisa is probably the worst of the bunch.
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-07, 14:22   Link #524
sa547
*Author

Nagisa is 13, and I do believe that some girls around that age sound older than she looks, so I'm okay with Karen Iwata's (she's 14) voice (and IMHO maybe she's no different from Megumi Nakajima when she started out on Macross Frontier).

If anything, within this season the most unusual voice acting for a teenage female character rightfully belongs to Ayako Yoshitani.

Last edited by sa547; 2012-05-07 at 15:01.
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-07, 14:45   Link #525
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by xizro345 View Post
Oh well, better than nothing I suppose, if it's true.
The VA quality for the trainees as expected varies a lot, for now I think Nagisa is probably the worst of the bunch.
IMO for an untrained voice actor, Iwata Karen is doing a decent job as Nagisa, except that the voice doesn't quite fit the character. In fact most of them seem to do a decent enough job.

The only exception for me is Sawaka Hata voicing Suzuko, who constantly sound as though she has her tongue between her teeth. Honestly couldn't stand it.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-07, 14:47   Link #526
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Nagisa's voice really reminds me of Gon's voice from Hunter X Hunter (2011), except they were voiced by different newbies, and Nagisa's voice is more feminine. Unlike some of people who are talking about, I think Karen Iwata is well fitted for her.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-07, 14:48   Link #527
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Well I think it's still rather weird, silly weird I think but I do find myself somewhat enjoying it.
It sadly falls prey to some of the usual trappings of ehh I guess sappy-ness but thats kinda expected with the idol and space sci-fi stuff.

Action side of things is not bad at all but I think I'll be wondering for a few more eps on whether I'm here for the sci-fi action and plot or the idol group/singing and plot or maybe some mash up of all 3.
I do love me some good space sci-fi action and this has delivered on that front so far.

I have this odd nitpick that appeared and that was the antique drink dispensers, I question why they would have them but then the ship seems to have that antiqued look about it so maybe just for the sake of it.
I know, odd to nitpick at but thats what nitpicky is all about, nitpicky at the stupid small stuff

Oh yea Sonata is <3!
Old 2012-05-07, 14:48   Link #528
sa547
*Author

Quote:
The only exception for me is Sawaka Hata voicing Suzuko, who constantly sound as though she has her tongue between her teeth. Honestly couldn't stand it.
Yep, Shawako (as Hata is also nicknamed) really needs to get more pointers from co-star Mamiko Noto, who's the undisputed master of the breathy voice.
Old 2012-05-07, 15:49   Link #529
mochichan

You know it's kinda bugging me...in the OP

The ones that the girls bowed to was Takamina and Yuko. But Acchan is the ace and Yuko's the 2nd ranking. I expected them to be the center.
Is this a result of her soon graduation?
It doesn't make sense that Acchan has been MIA so far too.

edit.
OMFG I JUST MISSED THIS INSIDE JOKE!

Nagisa and Chieri.
NAGISA NO CHERRY!! Acchan's most hated song because it made her stand at the front and made her popular

Last edited by mochichan; 2012-05-07 at 16:10.
mochichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-07, 16:25   Link #530
joshuafaramir
Book Elitist

If these idols were to be like her:

Then I'd give this anime much more higher rating. Well she's not an idol technically but you get the point righT?
Old 2012-05-07, 16:44   Link #531
mochichan

^

They got a killer robot
that count? lol
Old 2012-05-07, 16:53   Link #532
joshuafaramir
Book Elitist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochichan View Post
^

They got a killer robot
that count? lol
maybe. it needs a little more red on it. Like that hand sticking out on my post.
Old 2012-05-07, 17:55   Link #533
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I... can't say this series has managed to catch me. I'll give it another episode, but so far it hasn't really impressed me. It tries to be Idolm@ster meets... some sci-fi I can't pin down, but it's lacking the charm of the Idolm@ster cast and the sci-fi is "tries to be serious but cannot possibly be taken serious" level.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-07, 17:59   Link #534
SolarAquarion
Organic Mecha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I... can't say this series has managed to catch me. I'll give it another episode, but so far it hasn't really impressed me. It tries to be Idolm@ster meets... some sci-fi I can't pin down, but it's lacking the charm of the Idolm@ster cast and the sci-fi is "tries to be serious but cannot possibly be taken serious" level.
Kawamori is the master of that (Aquarion ahem ahem).
SolarAquarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-07, 18:23   Link #535
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
I... can't say this series has managed to catch me.
I have to say I have the opposite opinon. I came to this show expecting nothing much at all and found a story where there are real emotions being portrayed and, despite it obvious cheesiness, just a lot of fun. I know nothing about AKB48 so all the stuff about how girl X is portrayed by girl Y in the anime is beyond me. I just like it for its upbeat themes, for the music, and for the kawaii girls. I guess I like it for the reasons Kismet-chan mentioned above. It appeals to the ten-year-old girl hiding in the heart of a 62-year-old man.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-07, 18:41   Link #536
mochichan

Quote:
Macross. Seriously this show is just so Macross..but sillier...
For me, I can't say the cast don't have any charm because I freaking love Sonata. But since AKB0048 don't give each episode to one girl to showcase her personality like Idolmaster, and just focus on the drama and emotions, it might be hard to see the girls' charms but eventually, I'm sure they'll develop more of their characters and give more back stories to each girl.

Anyway it's entertaining to say the least, I wouldn't really take this anime seriously but just enjoy it lol
Kawamori is really on some strong drugs while doing this anime tho...
Old 2012-05-07, 19:14   Link #537
SolarAquarion
Organic Mecha

Quote:
Macross. Seriously this show is just so Macross..but sillier...
For me, I can't say the cast don't have any charm because I freaking love Sonata. But since AKB0048 don't give each episode to one girl to showcase her personality like Idolmaster, and just focus on the drama and emotions, it might be hard to see the girls' charms but eventually, I'm sure they'll develop more of their characters and give more back stories to each girl.

Anyway it's entertaining to say the least, I wouldn't really take this anime seriously but just enjoy it lol
Kawamori is really on some strong drugs while doing this anime tho...
When did Kawamori start doing Drugs? Did it begin with Aquarion? During or after which anime did he start doing the Drugs?
Old 2012-05-07, 19:17   Link #538
mochichan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xezexal View Post
When did Kawamori start doing Drugs? Did it begin with Aquarion? During or after which anime did he start doing the Drugs?
I mean figuratively....because he have to be on something to make crazy stuffs like this lol.
Old 2012-05-07, 19:22   Link #539
SolarAquarion
Organic Mecha

Quote:
I mean figuratively....because he have to be on something to make crazy stuffs like this lol.
I guess it began with Aquarion? Orgasm Powered Mecha! Somebody would have to be on some serious drugs to create that concept......
Old 2012-05-07, 20:28   Link #540
mochichan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xezexal View Post
I guess it began with Aquarion? Orgasm Powered Mecha! Somebody would have to be on some serious drugs to create that concept......
LOL..the dirty jokes in that show..
"It's more fun to join with a boy than a girl" and the chastity seal XD

That's why Kawamori stuffs are entertaining because his works are crazy...

Tags
action-adventure, idols, musical anime