AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2003-11-04, 23:41   Link #1
FinFangFoom
The Man, The Legend......

Free english Naruto Manga.... leagally!!!

I was down at the kirkland wa, library getting some info for one of my classes and after I was done I went to the back corner of the library where they keep the comics section and noticed that they carry Shonin Jump (sorry, not sure about spelling) which most probably know is a big paperback collection of different manga's that I believe comes out once a month. I was looking through it and noticed that along with titles such as Once Piece and Yugio, it had two issues of Naruto leading up to the start of the battle on the bridge. I'm pretty sure most librarys (in the seattle area anyways) have comic sections, so if you want to read the Manga but dont want to spend the money or don't know where to look online I suggest you try your local library and see if they carry it, if not try and request it. I know it won't allow you to get ahead on the story but might still be interesting to compare to the anime.
FinFangFoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-04, 23:50   Link #2
Shift_

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinFangFoom
I was down at the kirkland wa, library getting some info for one of my classes and after I was done I went to the back corner of the library where they keep the comics section and noticed that they carry Shonin Jump (sorry, not sure about spelling) which most probably know is a big paperback collection of different manga's that I believe comes out once a month. I was looking through it and noticed that along with titles such as Once Piece and Yugio, it had two issues of Naruto leading up to the start of the battle on the bridge. I'm pretty sure most librarys (in the seattle area anyways) have comic sections, so if you want to read the Manga but dont want to spend the money or don't know where to look online I suggest you try your local library and see if they carry it, if not try and request it. I know it won't allow you to get ahead on the story but might still be interesting to compare to the anime.
Anime follows VERY closly to the Manga...Anime adds some "filler" things that add to the animation, but don't add any extra stuff.

IT would take Shonen Jump like 16 years to catch up to the manga where it is at TODAY, if they continue to publish one chapter at a time/month...

It translates to rougly 7.5 years for them to catch up to where the anime is today...

Anime is aired weekly covers 1.5-2 chapters of the manga, manga is weekly and is 1 chapter/week.

Yes I know you said it won't allow you to get ahead on the story...but just rest assured the anime doesn't miss anything.
Shift_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-05, 00:00   Link #3
FinFangFoom
The Man, The Legend......

Actually you would need to cut your numbers in half, if you read my post again I mentioned that there where 2 issues per release (although I don't know if it will stay at that pace or drop or increase). But yeah, 8 years and 3.25 years are still pretty far away..

I noticed from reading those 2 issues that what you say is true, almost everything was exactly as I remember it from the anime, although I have to say that I prefer the translation from the Toriyama World version I watched over the trans for the shonen issue.
FinFangFoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-05, 00:07   Link #4
diabolistic
pythagorean≠python gorax

FinFangFoom, your avatar lives up to expectations!

Yea, i also saw issues of Shonen Jump at local Anime stores all over Toronto that have Naruto in it.. but since the North American version is monthly, not weekly, it'll be a while before it picks up.

<Pabs> kcl, you sure do put out a lot of Naruto eps
diabolistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-05, 00:14   Link #5
Superchop
Lord Sesshoumaru

I saw an issue of Shonen Jump in my doctor's office...i didn't even realize that the shonen jump magazine itself was being released here until i saw it there
Superchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-05, 00:29   Link #6
Tzurial
in silent opposition

Send a message via AIM to Tzurial Send a message via MSN to Tzurial
nevermind this post
Tzurial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-05, 02:44   Link #7
p3psi
Oscar winning black actor

just checked my local public library catalog, they already have naruto vol 1 and 2 on order.

and i live in a suburb city in the midwest, so i guess it's safe to say that probally your local library has them, or at least has them on order.
p3psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-05, 03:28   Link #8
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

tooo slow

and i dont like the english manga of naruto, Id rather use that money for ONe Piece
Mr. Bushido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-05, 03:46   Link #9
Kamui4356
Aria Company

There's another way to read manga for free. Go to a large bookstore like borders or barnes and nobel. Pick out what you want to read. Go to the cafe, most big bookstores seem to have one, sit down and read. That's how I read about 90% of manga.
Kamui4356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-05, 04:01   Link #10
TheGreatYakoshi
The Baka Mangaka Returns!

I read in an issue of Shonen Jump a few months ago that if more people would actually subscribe to it, they might make it weekly. Right now, monthly is the only feasable option because there just aren't enough faithful customers yet (thus, no money to hire more translators/editors/etc). So if that's not motivation, I don't know what is!
TheGreatYakoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-05, 06:40   Link #11
Naruto-Watcher
I Miss The Old Gif Thread

I subscibe to Shonen Jump and its a good buy
i believe it ads up to about $2.50 per mag
$30.00 for 12 issues
Naruto-Watcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-05, 12:05   Link #12
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
Humm I think the best way to read Naruto manga is to learn either French, Chinese or Jap.

Manga in Chinese and Jap are cheaper than English Shounen Jump and they have 9 chapters of Naruto in each.... They are out extremely fast and they are in the good manga paper.

French manga are a bit more expensive but still worth it if you like Naruto, they are coming out at decent speed.

I suppose you can also get English Naruto manga now too but then those are coming out at snail speed and they are expensive. >_<
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-05, 14:57   Link #13
pathyfinder
Terabyte needs anime!

Sorry "the great" but my daughters don't want me to renew their Shonen as it so far behind the series and perhaps a decade behind the Manga. If they had kept up a little better, then the girls can see keeping up a subscription.

The bookstore is a great idea!
pathyfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-05, 21:54   Link #14
Zeratul
n00bie

i guess my library should have it since i live in issaquah
Zeratul is offline   Reply With Quote