AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-01-21, 10:33   Link #121
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Oni Ririchiyo.....she just needs to be more drunk then she'll be Suika hahah

Anyway, who sings the OP and ED? One of the best male vocalists I've heard...
Old 2012-01-21, 11:19   Link #122
Bern-san

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Oni Ririchiyo.....she just needs to be more drunk then she'll be Suika hahah

Anyway, who sings the OP and ED? One of the best male vocalists I've heard...
the opening is called Nirvana by MUCC and like someone mentioned several posts before, the ending varies in each episode:

Quote:
"Rakuen no Photograph" (Photograph of Paradise) by Yuuichi Nakamura (Soushi) was the ending of episode 2
Ending 3: "Kimi wa" (You Are) by Rina Hidaka (Ririchiyo)
Ending 4: "Taiyō to Tsuki" (The Sun and the Moon) by Yoshimasa Hosoya & Yoko Hikasa (Nobara and Rensho)
Ending 5: "one way" by Takuya Eguchi & Mamoru Miyano ( Zange Natsume and Banri Watanuki)
Ending 6: "sweets parade" by Kana Hanazawa (Karuta)
Ending 7: "SM Hantei Forum" (SM Judgement Forum) by Tomokazu Sugita (Kagerou)
Old 2012-01-21, 11:42   Link #123
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Spoiler for Higurashi:

Ririchiyo is Hanyuu in a different universe!!!
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 11:49   Link #124
warita
Dai-Youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
Spoiler for Higurashi:

Ririchiyo is Hanyuu in a different universe!!!
So I am not the only one who caught that similarity it seems :P
warita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 13:55   Link #125
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by warita View Post
I think this series is nothing for me, it fails to offer anything substancial other than a a loli and some fanservice and that just isnt enough to hold my interests. Had Soushi been a more elegant type of butler/bodyguard like Sebastian, I might consider watching this.... but he isnt.... sigh
Thats the appeal of Soushi, he isn't like all the other squeaky clean elegant type butlers, he's different.
But I can understand his attitude isn't going to be liked by everyone altho wanting to make him into another generic butler would be boring.

Do we really need to see Sebastian again in another anime(even if he's cool), as teh saying goes, "variety is the spice of life" and god knows anime needs a good injection of it.

Still liking it all myself, nice feeling to it all around.

The floating paper dude is abit of a hoot
Old 2012-01-21, 19:48   Link #126
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Alright, alright, color me charmed. I'm going to look forward to this show every week. That ED was hilarious. Stupid sexy Soushi. They did a great job making Ririchiyo legitimately gorgeous in her oni-form. The clumsy floating towel is growing on me. He radiates grade-A bro vibes.

I'm unclear regarding Karuta and the girl in the maid outfit's roles in the house. I had kind of taken Karuta to be one of the SS, but is she actually a resident, like Ririchiyo?
*I know, he's not a towel.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 20:43   Link #127
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereminVox View Post
I had kind of taken Karuta to be one of the SS, but is she actually a resident, like Ririchiyo?
From the way she dresses, I thought Karuta was one of the Secret Service as well. But now I'm not so sure.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 20:47   Link #128
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereminVox View Post
I'm unclear regarding Karuta and the girl in the maid outfit's roles in the house. I had kind of taken Karuta to be one of the SS, but is she actually a resident, like Ririchiyo?
*I know, he's not a towel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
From the way she dresses, I thought Karuta was one of the Secret Service as well. But now I'm not so sure.
Karuta is also a SS member. I'll reserve any further information for future episodes.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 21:00   Link #129
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Ririchiyo is a nice character, but the main character dynamic in this show between her and Soushi leaves a lot to be desired. Yeah they been joking around him throughout episodes 1 and 2 as being practically her dog, and that was established in episode 1 fairly well. So far though the show seems to be hitting you over the head with a sledgehammer about this nonstop to the point it not only nauseates Ririchiyo, but also the audience.

Certainly this should not be the extent of their relationship, not exactly something I expect the show to centralize itself on... But so far they are not giving much confidence that their relationship will bear any real fruit for the audience.

So far, this anime has been alright, but definitely am hoping it does more than this.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 01:40   Link #130
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Ririchiyo is a nice character, but the main character dynamic in this show between her and Soushi leaves a lot to be desired. Yeah they been joking around him throughout episodes 1 and 2 as being practically her dog, and that was established in episode 1 fairly well. So far though the show seems to be hitting you over the head with a sledgehammer about this nonstop to the point it not only nauseates Ririchiyo, but also the audience.

Certainly this should not be the extent of their relationship, not exactly something I expect the show to centralize itself on... But so far they are not giving much confidence that their relationship will bear any real fruit for the audience.

So far, this anime has been alright, but definitely am hoping it does more than this.
He's only shown hints of it within the first two episodes, but just like the Cocker Spaniel, Soushi is a lot more shrewd than he appears. His loyalty to Ririchiyo is genuine, but you may have noticed that more often than not, she is the one who ends up doing exactly what he wants. Also, despite everything, he's still the first person to see her for who she is, regardless of her family background.

Their relationship is going to develop more next episode (I found the chapter it's based on to be very sweet and heartwarming when I read it) and don't forget, they still haven't revealed the past connection he had to her.

Oh, and don't worry, the cast is going to be expanding quite a bit. Very excited for that, in fact.

(this was all vague enough to not count as spoilers, right?)
Old 2012-01-22, 13:41   Link #131
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
. Also, despite everything, he's still the first person to see her for who she is, regardless of her family background.
Actually, that would be Renshou.

Which is why I largely prefer Riri's interactions with our local lazy paper-guy. They actually have a somewhat interesting dynamic to their interaction, and since he sees past and ignores her snide remarks, are actually capable of holding a conversation of some depth.

With Soushi though, there is no variation to his actions or what we can expect of him as of yet. Irregardless of what Riri says or does, his responses boil down to the same thing over and over again - him wailing about his life being complete at her side, inability to be separated from her even for a second, and how she shouldn't mind him, because he is here for her sake.

While that was amusing in the first episode as it helped to establish the dynamic between their characters, I wasn't expecting that to be the extent of their dynamic either. Can it change with time ? Possibly (probably?), but for now Soushi is like a broken record, stuck on a track that doesn't contribute anything to anything.

Unfortunately he is also glued to Riri, which means his screentime is probably going to remain high. That being the case, I seriously hope the point where he gets an actual personality arrives sooner rather than later, because his monotone, exaggerated rehashing of essentially the same lines is already getting old.
Old 2012-01-22, 13:54   Link #132
warita
Dai-Youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
With Soushi though, there is no variation to his actions or what we can expect of him as of yet. Irregardless of what Riri says or does, his responses boil down to the same thing over and over again - him wailing about his life being complete at her side, inability to be separated from her even for a second, and how she shouldn't mind him, because he is here for her sake.

While that was amusing in the first episode as it helped to establish the dynamic between their characters, I wasn't expecting that to be the extent of their dynamic either.
I am glad I am not the only one who sees it that way. I have been told the anime will improve in this aspect soon, so I will wait and see.
warita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 16:27   Link #133
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Actually, that would be Renshou.

Which is why I largely prefer Riri's interactions with our local lazy paper-guy. They actually have a somewhat interesting dynamic to their interaction, and since he sees past and ignores her snide remarks, are actually capable of holding a conversation of some depth.

While that was amusing in the first episode as it helped to establish the dynamic between their characters, I wasn't expecting that to be the extent of their dynamic either. Can it change with time ? Possibly (probably?), but for now Soushi is like a broken record, stuck on a track that doesn't contribute anything to anything.

Unfortunately he is also glued to Riri, which means his screentime is probably going to remain high. That being the case, I seriously hope the point where he gets an actual personality arrives sooner rather than later, because his monotone, exaggerated rehashing of essentially the same lines is already getting old.
I agree with you. Right now, Riri's interaction with Renshou is probably the more enjoyable to watch compared to Soushi. I'm sure Soushi will develop sooner than later but hopefully that sooner will be next episode.

But despite outer appearances, both Renshou and Soushi are quite comparable in acuteness. Renshou is quite a sharp piece of paper (bad pun, I know ). And Soushi's reaction to that burglar earlier strongly hints of a very dangerous fox underneath; besides, aren't foxes known to be cunning?

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 23:16   Link #134
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Well, just watched ep 2 and all I gotta say is "d'awwwwww".

I enjoyed it - and the main story theme seems to center around an emotionally damaged and ... hmm ... malformed? stunted? ... personality slowly beginning to change and mature ... which means that she will encounter painful situations, as she is just coming out of her shell in response to the warm devotion and support of the kyuubi and the scroll (and possibly the other inhabitants of the apartment complex). I like stuff like this. Not terrifically profound or deep, but partly so.

I'll give ep 2 a 7/10 vote and will tentatively keep watching for now.
Old 2012-01-24, 18:08   Link #135
chaos_animagic

Watched episode 2,

Ririchiyo looks so cute as an oni.

BTW... I want a Ririchiyo doll after I saw the ED

chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 20:33   Link #136
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_animagic View Post
Watched episode 2,

Ririchiyo looks so cute as an oni.

BTW... I want a Ririchiyo doll after I saw the ED

Here's to hoping they release a plushie....
Old 2012-01-25, 19:10   Link #137
00Coyote

I've heard Ririchiyo say "Hmph. GuMonDa" (What a foolish question) several times.
What is the Japanese phrase for this? To my untrained ears, I haven't heard many
phrases that start with 'G' (or I haven't been paying close attention) so this phrase
seemed to stick out when I re-watched episode 2.
00Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 22:17   Link #138
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00Coyote View Post
I've heard Ririchiyo say "Hmph. GuMonDa" (What a foolish question) several times.
What is the Japanese phrase for this? To my untrained ears, I haven't heard many
phrases that start with 'G' (or I haven't been paying close attention) so this phrase
seemed to stick out when I re-watched episode 2.
It is indeed pretty much just "Gumon da" alone. 「ぐもんだ」 in hiragana; 「愚問だ」in kanji. 愚 (read "gu" or "oro(ka)") means foolish/stupid/ignorant. 問 means question/inquiry/problem. "da" is the informal past form of the copula "desu". Literally translated it'd probably be something like "That's a foolish question" but the translation you mention sounds very natural, it's basically correct.

There are plenty of Japanese words/phrases that begin with "g", but I'll decline trying to make a list of them as that would probably reveal my embarrassingly limited Japanese vocabulary :P.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 22:34   Link #139
Miraluka
Banned

Stalkeroushi has hidden cameras everywhere and when I say EVERYWHERE its damn true, the time he didn't want to leave her alone in the bathroom was because there wasn't a camera there .
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 15:27   Link #140
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Spoiler for ep 3:

Tags
romance, shounen