AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2004-03-30, 01:27   Link #21
Slade xTekno
Tekkaman Blade!

OH YEAH!!! When he pulls it over his face? That'd be fun to see, too. [in my subs it was the daddy-hat]
Slade xTekno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-30, 04:06   Link #22
Rhia
shush! I was only helping

Thumbs up looking dumb.

welll hmmmmm, midori-chan from green green, sakura-chan from da capo, chi from chobits or rizel from rizelmain, but i would look stupid tryna be japanese cos im black and it aint very often you see a black japanese so i think id look quite dumb..
id be them because there livley and i like there hair except sakuras, shes a bit depressed but still...i like her...

Last edited by Rhia; 2004-03-30 at 04:09. Reason: i dont need a reason its my post..
Rhia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-30, 04:22   Link #23
emessen

i'd cosplay as Larva from Vampire Princess Miyu

because

1) it's a simple costume
2.) I'm tall and broad shouldered...
3.) the mask... hate to admit it... but i aint a looker like larva is
and i wouldnt do the character justice so the mask is perfect
Old 2004-03-30, 07:53   Link #24
Shinobu_Maehara
eternal Shinobu lover

Send a message via ICQ to Shinobu_Maehara Send a message via AIM to Shinobu_Maehara Send a message via MSN to Shinobu_Maehara Send a message via Yahoo to Shinobu_Maehara
This year's Anime Con I'll go as Inuyasha from Inuyasha.

two reasons.

1: He's cool, and an all time favourite.
2: His custome is easy to make. <--- iz lazy...
Shinobu_Maehara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-30, 19:24   Link #25
Kaoru
Pirate Girl Nyuu

Send a message via Yahoo to Kaoru
If someone forced me to cosplay, well I guess I'd go as Kurenai from Naruto or Alexiel from Angel Sanctuary. They both have simple costumes and I got the hair for it. I mean not unless there's more female anime characters out there that have long wavy hair. Plus I think they are badass. ^_^

But I would never cosplay anyway.
Kaoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-30, 19:52   Link #26
Lina Inverse
SL Aki fanclub president

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
Question: How is cosplaying viewed outside of Japan?

Reason why I ask this question is because I do know that in the United States, you have a day called Halloween where you go out trick-or-treating for candy by wearing costumes. Now, is Halloween reserved for kids like "animations/cartoons are for kids," or do adults go along as well? If so, then I refer back to the original question, "are people outside of Japan more open to costume-wearing events?"
Halloween is exclusively for kids in the US who go from door to door begging for sweets.
It's hardly celebrated here in Germany, and those who celebrate it don't dress up. Also, there's no one going from door to door.
However, we have something different called "Karneval" where everyone dresses up (not only the kids), but that's the only thing where it's similar to Halloween. Karneval is going on for several days from which a monday, the so-called "Rosenmontag" (rose monday) is a special day on which all people either have a day off or only work until noon, and in the afternoon there are big Karneval parades in all major and minor towns. Also, there are many costume parties where you're expected to appear in costume only, regardless of your age.

Quote:
Comparison to Japan: over here, cosplay is actually disdained and frowned upon as "you are already grown up and you're still playing around wearing costumes!? Get a life!" Hence, most cosplayers keep their hobby as a secret from their regular social friends to risk painful looks and judgments, while maintaining cosplay-friends in the sharing of their same interests.
I've noticed such a thing already in the manga "Othello" which is running over here. The main actress has a hobby where she dresses up in gothic clothes on Sundays and meets with others sharing the same hobby in a park in Shinjuku. She keeps this a secret from their friends as well, and you can clearly see from the other people in the park that it's quite frowned upon.
Lina Inverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-30, 20:06   Link #27
eLstar
(^_^)v

The one I'd want to cosplay as would be Uchiha Sasuke of Naruto, but since that's kind of complicated, I'd do Echizen Ryoma from PoT.
eLstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-31, 01:15   Link #28
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

well...where i live..."cosplay" (or dressing as a goth) earns you a bit of respect with some adults (i live in a "rich" town, all the residents are either smart or socially inept...sometimes both!)
something like: "He dresses like that? Jeez...he's got guts"
i know my reaction when i see a certain goth/punk walking down the street: "Huh, it's "that guy" again..."
around here you could walk around in a giant chicken suit and get fewer stairs than the guy trying to imitate Neo standing next to you (if you think i'm kidding...i'm not)
Kyuven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-31, 19:58   Link #29
Sbetsho

Nara Shikamaru from Naruto, since he is my hero as I am very much like him in real life.
But I think it's too troublesome to make such costume, so I probably never will cosplay
Old 2004-04-03, 04:12   Link #30
animedudematt

Look Vash's gun http://www.poseidon.co.jp/5F/vash_a/vash_1.html

Vash's glasses http://www.poseidon.co.jp/4F/vash_s/vg_1.html

Vash's coat http://www.abbyshot.com/index.php?inc=product&id=4
animedudematt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-03, 07:02   Link #31
Kurama no Miko2003
Twirly! Twirly~!!

Location: Wherever my favorite guy in the whole wide world is
Send a message via AIM to Kurama no Miko2003
I guess for simplicity's sake, I'd probably consider doing Kamiya Kaoru from Rurouni Kenshin . . . my hair's about the same as hers and would be remarkably easy to style it the way she does, sidelocks 'n all. (Actually, I do that quite often on my own as it is. XD) And then it'd probably be a matter of getting a hold of either her teaching outfit or a kimono that she's worn in the show . . . although I'm more likely to do her teaching outfit . . . I think it'd be easier to find/make. And then, of course, all I gotta do is find a good bokutou (wooden sword) to go with it all and some contact lenses with the appropriate eye color ('cuz I wear glasses) and it's all good! And, of course, I'd have to get my boyfriend to do Kenshin . . . just 'cuz it'd be so cool!

But in all honesty, should I choose to not do Kaoru, I'd probably Kinomoto Sakura from CardCaptor Sakura . . . or maybe Ryo-Ohki. I can already to the Sakura "oe?" and the Ryo-Ohki "meow!" well enough. (It's scary . . . if I meow, people around me often wonder if there's a cat nearby . . . until they figure out it's me. :P) It'd be fun to do either one . . . hehe, should I drag my bf along . . . why, he could cosplay as either Li or Tenchi . . . works for me!

~ Kurama no Miko2003
Kurama no Miko2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-03, 07:10   Link #32
baka
Apathy

Send a message via AIM to baka
If i were into cosplay and were going to i would try the 3rd hokage only for the coolest hat in the world
baka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-05, 06:21   Link #33
Wandering A.I.
エッチだ! しかたない

>>Question: How is cosplaying viewed outside of Japan?

>Halloween is exclusively for kids in the US who go from door to door begging for sweets.

Objection! I've done lots of more adult stuff around halloween. Costume parties for example, some much more adult/alcohol oriented than others. Then of course we have all the shit we've done at the frat. Toga parties (OK, you don't need halloween for that), but also the old fill the basement with sand and come in swimsuits party (since too cold outside...), etc...I think the uni had a mask ball or something like that. I never went and don't even remember when it was exactly, though. ^^

Also even the traditional Halloween activities after 20 I dress up when taking kids around...before that, but still after the candy phase, 16-20 or so, I was always dressed up because you get in less trouble with the cops that way (we have egg fights, paintball guns, toilet papering, etc going on both mischief night and halloween night in my neighborhood - halloween is more fun because you can egg actual treaters many who carry eggs of their own for defense, hehehe).

Also my sister is a trekkie and always goes in uniform (which is quite a but more obtrusive now that she's switched from starfleet to klingon and has a ship's crew who goes with her...). I don't think I've ever heard anyone say something bad to her about it (and she'll eat in restaurants in the middle of the city like that...). So if they are thinking it they at least keep quiet. I think the US prizes an outgoing and in your face nature more than Japan and some of that rubs off on the costumed people who are out there having fun so you can't really call them losers...
Wandering A.I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-05, 19:51   Link #34
baka
Apathy

Send a message via AIM to baka
there is always a good deal of cosplay going on at anime conventions in the us .
baka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-10, 11:52   Link #35
animedudematt

We dont get cosplayers here in the Uk and isnt very well known.

The 2nd guy i would cosplay is Ed from FMA his clothes are really kewl and im a lot like Ed in the way that when someone calls me short I go into a paddy.
animedudematt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-19, 01:59   Link #36
Dragonar Fan
HI-RISE BOMBEERRR!!!

I'd Cosplay as 1)An ATM-09 Scopedog , 2)An RGM-79SPII, 3) RGC-80 , 4)XD-02SR ,5 Brocken) 6) Rei (Hokuto No Ken), 7) Violence Jack

1,2,3,4,5) Not Very many people Cosplay as These Mechs

6&7) I Have the Hair & the Body Structure & I Have A large Jackknife
Old 2010-09-19, 02:09   Link #37
EnchantingPrincess
~♥~G-Ri~♥~

I would like to cosplay... but not as characters I don't look like XD
Well here are some I would be able to cosplay as:
Yoruichi (Bleach)
Sango(Inuyasha)
Nadeshiko(Shugo Chara)
Well I would only cosplay as them because they are the closets characters I look like XD
EnchantingPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-19, 02:11   Link #38
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetPrincess View Post
I would like to cosplay... but not as characters I don't look like XD
Well here are some I would be able to cosplay as:
Yoruichi (Bleach)
Sango(Inuyasha)
Nadeshiko(Shugo Chara)
Thats all I can think of right now...
Well that explains one way you look You have smooth long black hair.. Thats all I can tell so far

Also for me... Hmmm... I want to cosplay as Yuji mostly. The reason being because he is so close to Shana that I just have to!
Old 2010-09-19, 02:13   Link #39
EnchantingPrincess
~♥~G-Ri~♥~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Well that explains one way you look You have smooth long black hair.. Thats all I can tell so far

Also for me... Hmmm... I want to cosplay as Yuji mostly. The reason being because he is so close to Shana that I just have to!
Why because of Shana??
{EDIT}
Well you answered my Q already XD
EnchantingPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-19, 08:58   Link #40
fukarming

Speaking of cosplay, I have a question for the cosplayers here:

Do you think you need to "pull it off" for a certain character before you cosplay or you should just cosplay whoever you like?

I have a female friend who like to cosplay. She is not ugly by any means, but she is short and slightly chubby. She cosplays as Belldandy (from Ah My Goddess). Although her costume is really well made, I can't help but think she is not suitable for belldandy. Instead I think she would be really good cosplaying as Skuld.
Then they came for me and force me to be a vegan by that time no one was left to speak up.
fukarming is offline   Reply With Quote