AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-10-31, 01:26   Link #721
Sol Falling

lol, guess I'll chime in too. Out of the season's I've watched thus far (i.e. starting from Heartcatch), Smile is actually my favourite. That's pretty much solely by virtue of it's fun/lighthearted narrative and bright character designs, yes. I am generally somewhat disappointed with the (poor execution of the) more dramatic/plot-oriented parts of Smile's story, but it's still the Precure series which I've had the most fun with episode by episode on average.

If I were to name my favourite character from Smile, though, that would actually be Reika, who strangely hasn't much been mentioned here. I find her her diligent attitude, enthusiasm for tradition, and out-of-step eccentricity towards many 'modern' situations very endearing, and appreciate the deeper concepts behind her characterization, even if they haven't necessarily been skillfully treated in her focus episodes. My impression is that Reika is actually the second most popular Smile character amongst the older audience after Yayoi, so certainly she might deserve a mention in a discussion about Smile's strengths, lol.

(Yayoi is actually my second favourite character by a large margin too, not necessarily in competition with Reika. As a matter of fact, I actually (still, lol) ship Yayoi and Reika together. This is one area where I'm both left dying for more material from Toei and gaining immense (personal, I guess) satisfaction from what little does show up here and there. It's probably one of the greatest contributors to my continuing major enjoyment of Smile.)
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 07:04   Link #722
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Going to chime in a little about why I still keep watching this show. While I do have some complaints about it (recycling of clown clock, action feels lacking in some episodes). The show is kept me interested and is still fun to watch because of the characters, and their interactions with each other. And lastly, a few episodes have drama in them that moved me.. like the Father's day episode with Yayoi and the time when Akane met that foreign guy.

A little sad that this show won't repeat a year. I guess TOEI isn't giving season 2 to precure series anymore.

Episode 37:
Spoiler:
Liddo-kun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-05, 17:59   Link #723
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Okay, after I took a break from Smile after episode 13 (I had to marathon YPC5, now that it was finally finished), I watched everything up to 37.
The Season really started to grow on me, like all the other Precures before it changes from light-hearted to dark to epic to light-hearted again.

Overall the season seems a lot more silly then previous seasons (like the game episode or Happy Robot, I get the feeling those evil guys just want to have fun) with a stark contrast to the darker moments and scenes I'd never expected seeing in a PreCure series (like Joker licking Cure Beauty's hair).

So... I'm hooked.
Old 2012-11-10, 21:46   Link #724
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for Wilhelm Grimm's Magical Girls 38 - Jim Henson's Precure Babies: Egao Random:
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 21:56   Link #725
gsilver

Too much sugar... *dies from diabetes*

This show sure is random, and they emphasized it with all the flashbacks in the beginning.
Old 2012-11-12, 17:10   Link #726
ShiroiRyu

38 : I'm sorry, i really loved this one.
So much chibi. XD
Old 2012-11-12, 21:50   Link #727
Diveman

episode 38: NNNGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!
Diveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-13, 11:47   Link #728
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Watched episode 38 today:

Another good episode. It's nice that they still retained some adult consciousness in those pre-school bodies. The way young Wolfrun and young Aka Oni played with the preschool precures.. there's even a short scene of Reika and Wolfrun holding hands, looks like the two villains did have some good in them (in their younger years at least).
Old 2012-11-17, 21:40   Link #729
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for Wilhelm Grimm's Magical Girls 39: The Closest Cillerenda Castle That You Have: Yuri Goggles MAXIMUM:
Old 2012-11-18, 00:09   Link #730
gsilver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
looks like the two villains did have some good in them (in their younger years at least).
I fully expect them to be redeemed by the show's end. I think that the cop is setting Majo Rina up for redemption, also.

Joker... That's guy's going down.
Old 2012-11-18, 09:38   Link #731
ujiuji

Seems odd that they're sort of shipping Cure Beauty and Wolfrun now, after the election episode where he was so Beastly to her. I wonder what they have in mind?
ujiuji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-19, 03:38   Link #732
elior

here is the first 2 episode titles of december:
episode 41: Me, a comic artist!? Yayoi's illustrated future
dreams
summery:Yayoi takes part in a comic convention with her own comic series starring Miracle Peace.
episode 42:Protect it! Nao's precious bonds with family
summery:Nao's mother is hospitalized to deliver her 7th child, and Nao is busy helping out around the house.
After repeated failures, Joker gives Majorina a final chance to defeat the Pretty Cure. Majorina decidesto kidnap Nao's siblings in order to lure her out.
elior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-19, 09:15   Link #733
Midonin
Last Engage

Wait, Yayoi's getting a (pseudo) Comiket episode? Even as the endgame approaches, she's definitely continuing to prove herself my favorite character.
Old 2012-11-19, 09:21   Link #734
elior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Wait, Yayoi's getting a (pseudo) Comiket episode? Even as the endgame approaches, she's definitely continuing to prove herself my favorite character.
it seems in episode 42 it will be the final battle against majorina becouse joker give her last chance
elior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-20, 07:18   Link #735
Kenu
magoi, magoi!

Loving Smile Precure. The characters are so adorable and cute. The music as well is top draw. I've only peaked at some of the other series, but they look so dated in comparison.
Kenu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-20, 08:26   Link #736
Diveman

hahahaha this episode was really funny. Yayoi as a witch was really cute, and her face when she got captured lol

I like how even when there was a conflict, the episode and the whole Cinderella situation became really goofy (even for the villians). My favorite part was when Wolfrun appeared to destroy the pumking and horse ride and then came back to the castle running in the air while laughing like a mad man...ehem wolf.
Diveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-21, 12:31   Link #737
ShiroiRyu

We are near the end of the clock if i remember.
So yes, we are near the end of the anime too.
Old 2012-11-23, 08:02   Link #738
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Watched the Cinderella episode. A funny one indeed.
Miyuki is Cinderella, Candy as a lizard, Yayoi as a witch, Akane and Nao as mice, Reika as the handsome prince, and the three villains as the evil stepmother and "stepsisters". This is one crazy cinderella story. Watching it cheered up my afternoon.

And looks like this is the first time shown that transforming into pegasus clothes is possible, even if there's only one person.
Old 2012-11-24, 22:38   Link #739
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for Wilhelm Grimm's Magical Girls 40 - What Exactly Happened Offscreen?: BURNING:
Old 2012-11-26, 12:42   Link #740
ShiroiRyu

Look at the eyes of Wolfrun !
And the ones from Joker ! O_O
And the fight ...
I wanted Akane to win solo versus Wolfrun ...
Here : Difficult to say it's a children anime. :s

Tags
magical girl, shoujo