AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Accel World

Notices

View Poll Results: Accel World - Episode 24 [END] Rating
Perfect 10 59 51.75%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 24.56%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 18.42%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 2.63%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.75%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.88%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-09-23, 22:55   Link #121
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimapan View Post
One thing I found very unbelievable though was: Noumi got all his BB memories erased. However, he should still know how he terrorised Haru and Chiyu before and all that.
Well, what they seem to be implying is that the memory wipe affects all memories that are related to Brain Burst, not just Brain Burst itself. So any relationships formed in BB, or real-world relationships or effects that were about or related to acceleration are all purged or obscured. Perhaps it's better to say that the memory is altered to keep the game a secret. Given that this is sci-fi (and the nature of all the other things that BB makes possible), it's hard to really say that any other result is "more realistic" -- the computer program has its own way of doing it, I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
Wait, this is seriously being questioned?
...are people blind by choice, or just that ignorant?
Can you clarify what is being questioned? I think I can justify what I said anyway...
Old 2012-09-24, 02:00   Link #122
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Wait, this is seriously being questioned?
...are people blind by choice, or just that ignorant?
Nope. They just want an overrated "badass awesome lanky hero" like Kirito.
Old 2012-09-24, 04:17   Link #123
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

You know what? I rather prefer a 'flawed' protagonist over a 'perfect' protagonist.
Old 2012-09-24, 04:49   Link #124
judasmartel
*Author

But considering all the hate on Haru, I can't still help but think that some people are still wanting for a 'perfect' protagonist. And what I mean by 'perfect' someone with Testosterone Poisoning.
Old 2012-09-24, 04:57   Link #125
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
But considering all the hate on Haru, I can't still help but think that some people are still wanting for a 'perfect' protagonist. And what I mean by 'perfect' someone with Testosterone Poisoning.
But Haru is already a badass himself.

Cause he tends to take a level in badass sometimes.

Testosterone poisoning? Nah. Being way too aggressive =/= badass.
Old 2012-09-24, 06:07   Link #126
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
But Haru is already a badass himself.

Cause he tends to take a level in badass sometimes.
It's not surprising that Haru would definitely take Simon's path.

My wings are the wings that create the heavens!

Spoiler for Tribute to Silver Crow:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-09-24 at 09:58. Reason: merge double-post
Old 2012-09-24, 07:06   Link #127
Lycodrake

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Can you clarify what is being questioned? I think I can justify what I said anyway...
No, no, not what you said, really, but the sort of commentary that you responded to with that.

As in: people are seriously questioning KYH's "budding" love for Haru?
Have they not been watching the series at all? :/
Old 2012-09-24, 07:29   Link #128
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
It's not surprising that Haru would definitely take Simon's path.

My wings are the wings that create the heavens!
Well, he already is following Simon's footsteps. As the matter of fact, both Haru and Simon ARE alike, you get what I mean?

Quote:
Spoiler for Tribute to Silver Crow:
Hey, I got the another version of this one from one of the blogger's sites, but it's directly to Haru himself. And it's ridiculously hilarious.

Spoiler for Tribute to Haruyuki... The "Harem Lord?":
Old 2012-09-24, 08:06   Link #129
Lycodrake

Memetic chick-magnet [insert character name here] is silly.
You should feel bad. :/
Old 2012-09-24, 08:28   Link #130
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Oh, come on, man... "Chick magnet" is way too common in many of the animes these days.

Funny that even the fat, chubby, unattractive midget with some serious self-esteem issues can become a chick magnet as well. Haru should really be grateful of who he is. That lucky Porky...
Old 2012-09-24, 09:08   Link #131
Gohan78
Awakened One

Quote:
As in: people are seriously questioning KYH's "budding" love for Haru?
Have they not been watching the series at all? :/
The problem is that apparently KYH fell in love with Haru without even speaking with him once. The only thing she knew before offering him BB was that he was really good at simulated squash.
Excuse me if I still think that this is an unrealistic wish-fulfillment fantasy.
(De Vermis Mysteriis)
Old 2012-09-24, 10:22   Link #132
Trajan
Six Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan78 View Post
The problem is that apparently KYH fell in love with Haru without even speaking with him once. The only thing she knew before offering him BB was that he was really good at simulated squash.
Excuse me if I still think that this is an unrealistic wish-fulfillment fantasy.
It's not explicitly mentioned in the anime, but I think KYH spent a fair bit of time investigating Haru before she offered BB to him. Since KYH has been a Burst Linker for years without using her one attempt at installing BB on another person, it's reasonable to assume that she knew a great deal about Haru (including his issues) before ever speaking to him. At the very least, KYH wouldn't want to waste her one attempt at an install on someone who couldn't accept the program.

In a general sense, you're right that it's wish-fulfillment that the most beautiful girl in school would approach a fat nobody and offer him both herself and another world where he could be a svelte somebody, with no real effort on his part. But Accel World did offer up a plausible explanation for why KYH picked Haru. And more than that, KYH and Haru live in a time where how one appears physically is changeable, and one's original physical body could be considered just one avatar among many. For KYH, the fact that BB designs an avatar to reflect a person's inner personality, hopes, and fears, and that such a program made Haru's avatar "beautiful" might matter more to her than how he looks in real life.
Old 2012-09-24, 10:32   Link #133
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
The one thing a lot of people seem to be forgetting is that she fell in love with Haru not for his appearance or even his personality, but because of his high potential in the game. She's all about the game and finishing it and the fact that she sees a new opportunity to do so in having him as her partner essentially makes her as unwilling to part with him as he is to her.

Quote:
Nope. They just want an overrated "badass awesome lanky hero" like Kirito.
I dunno a lot of people seem to take offense to his seeming "Gary Stuness" or rather his being extremely good and well prepared at the game and having a good partner as I see it. I think what it really is is some people just want to complain and will find the easiest and most obvious (to them) target through which to do so. I mean some places I've been to this show is apparently unrelentingly terrible because it features "asspulls" (possibly the weirdest most arbitrary charge I've consistently seen leveled against anime shows) and even just because it follows some shonen conventions and tropes, which make it automatically bad I guess. So yeah Accel World/SAO are no stranger to subjective complaints that take the form of anything people can find.
Old 2012-09-24, 13:40   Link #134
halibonga

that was a very well done last ep, 10/10.

seems like Sky raker will be with the team from now on, makes me want season 2 even more!
Old 2012-09-24, 16:20   Link #135
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
The one thing a lot of people seem to be forgetting is that she fell in love with Haru not for his appearance or even his personality, but because of his high potential in the game. She's all about the game and finishing it and the fact that she sees a new opportunity to do so in having him as her partner essentially makes her as unwilling to part with him as he is to her.

I dunno a lot of people seem to take offense to his seeming "Gary Stuness" or rather his being extremely good and well prepared at the game and having a good partner as I see it. I think what it really is is some people just want to complain and will find the easiest and most obvious (to them) target through which to do so. I mean some places I've been to this show is apparently unrelentingly terrible because it features "asspulls" (possibly the weirdest most arbitrary charge I've consistently seen leveled against anime shows) and even just because it follows some shonen conventions and tropes, which make it automatically bad I guess. So yeah Accel World/SAO are no stranger to subjective complaints that take the form of anything people can find.
Ugh, I can't stand reading reviews from people like that... sometimes these types of messages makes me insecure about my own writing because things I consider perfectly good are beaten to a bloody pulp. Nothing the writers do is right, everything is contrieved or predictable or cliche or blah blah fucking blah. People are dumb as hell and spiteful as hell... it makes watching TV with my family and other normal people so refreshing in comparison, enthusiastic, noncritical people that enjoy stories wholeheartedly, just the overall opposite of the hateful, cynical old fucks you're talking about.
Old 2012-09-24, 17:29   Link #136
judasmartel
*Author

Hmm... And I ask the question, "So what if KYH loses BB for some reason?"
Old 2012-09-24, 17:35   Link #137
Dr. Casey

Haru will fall into despair because he knows that he will never be able to find a hotter girlfriend.
Old 2012-09-24, 17:52   Link #138
judasmartel
*Author

If my hunch is right that Haru is supposed to be similar to Yang Guo from the Return of the Condor Heroes, then there might be a point where Haru must fight his way through Level 10 without KYH, though it doesn't necessarily mean that KYH should lose BB to make that happen.
Old 2012-09-24, 19:20   Link #139
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
Haru will fall into despair because he knows that he will never be able to find a hotter girlfriend.
He could always settle for Fuuko I guess, but really once you go Snow Black you never go back.
Old 2012-09-24, 19:59   Link #140
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Hmm... And I ask the question, "So what if KYH loses BB for some reason?"
Since Noumi retained some memories from his real life even after losing all Brain Burst memories, e.g. playing a game with Haru, being in the kendo club etc.
It's quite possible that she will remember Haru, since it was first love at sight or so for her, hence being unrelated to Brain Burst.