AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2009-03-25, 00:15   Link #121
Shadow Kira01

Nice one, Ichiro!!

Actually, I would had been disappointed if Japan had lost to South Korea. The final match was much more than just a baseball game.
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-22, 01:08   Link #122
solomon

Is this really an MLB thread? It's so dead

But the city of brotherly love is buzzing!

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...own_again.html

PHILLIES!
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-22, 01:11   Link #123
solomon

capitalizing on a dead thread....

for those who care, why is baseball loosing ground in america? Nobody outside of New York knows A-Rod, but everyone know Lebron, Yao and Kobe.

How can the sport improve it's market share?
Old 2009-10-22, 01:35   Link #124
LusterFlare
Lost.

Ah, I'm not much of a baseball fan, but I wanted both the LA teams to win. Not gonna happen haha though haha. To be honest, the first time I heard of A-Rod was when the whole steroid thing came up. Guess it's not really America's past time anymore.

I'll probably have to go for the Phillies in the world series since Jimmy Rollins is my high school's alumnus :P.
LusterFlare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-22, 01:53   Link #125
mg1942

I could care less about baseball until i saw the Korean vs Japan in World Baseball Classic this year. It's the best I;ve seen. You could feel the tension from both sides.
mg1942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-22, 10:37   Link #126
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
for those who care, why is baseball loosing ground in america? Nobody outside of New York knows A-Rod, but everyone know Lebron, Yao and Kobe.
I think A-rod is very well known if you follow baseball, he is one of the most hated players....knowing the a player is the same for any other sports, for example, I didnt knew who the heck was Lebron until I started following NBA once again.

I predict that Phillies are going to win the World Series again,.
Old 2009-10-22, 19:25   Link #127
whitepearl
Dietrich fan #681675

Send a message via AIM to whitepearl Send a message via MSN to whitepearl
Damn, didn't know we had a baseball thread, LOL

Twitter
whitepearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-22, 19:28   Link #128
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
Nobody outside of New York knows A-Rod, but everyone know Lebron, Yao and Kobe.
Believe me, sports fans living in an American League city know who A-Rod is, and so do lots of other people. He had an affair with Madonna, of all people, but apparently has moved on to Kate Hudson. I'm a Red Sox fan and thus have no love for A-Rod, but you just need to watch some talk shows on ESPN to know that he's pretty famous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mg1942 View Post
I could care less about baseball until i saw the Korean vs Japan in World Baseball Classic this year.
Yeah, and Daisuke couldn't pitch for sh*t after throwing out his arm in the Classic. We had to put him on the DL for a month or two while he recovered. I'd like to see the Classic move to a four-year rotation, but the marketing staff at Major League Baseball see $$$ from overseas markets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
I predict that Phillies are going to win the World Series again,.
Well, I'd be happy to see the Yankees lose, but I'm not betting against them. On August 1st the Yanks were 62-42 and just one game ahead of the Red Sox. When the season ended, they were 103-59, giving them a record of 41-17 over the last two months of the season. That's the type of performance for which the term "juggernaut" was invented.

We don't like the Yankees much in these parts, but you have to give them their due. We took the first eight games of the eighteen we played against them; they took nine of the last ten.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-23, 00:01   Link #129
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

well i'm also mlb fans on both chicago teams cubs & white sox.

as for my guess on world series my pick is on yanks vs philis.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-23, 00:24   Link #130
solomon

The bombers are going back to the bronx, so they had better take care of buisness.

CAUSE I WANNA SEE EM FIGHT THE PHILLIES
Old 2009-10-23, 15:00   Link #131
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Well, I'd be happy to see the Yankees lose, but I'm not betting against them. On August 1st the Yanks were 62-42 and just one game ahead of the Red Sox. When the season ended, they were 103-59, giving them a record of 41-17 over the last two months of the season. That's the type of performance for which the term "juggernaut" was invented.

We don't like the Yankees much in these parts, but you have to give them their due. We took the first eight games of the eighteen we played against them; they took nine of the last ten.
Well, I'm actually a Yankees fan, but I not conviced on the 3 man starting rotation, Burnett is a BIG question mark, I want them to win the series, but the Phillies are that good that can get away with the price, we would had to see, first off they have to beat those Angels (funny game last night BTW), those 2004 demons seems to be hunting the Yankees still....
Old 2009-10-26, 19:26   Link #132
Aershelelou
キラッ☆~

I'm kind of surprised no one has really posted since the Yankees won the ALCS.

About the 2009 World Series: I'm a Phillies fan, I live in the city of Philadelphia... blah blah blah. The Phillies are a great team but the Yankees have so many advantages over us. I believe they will crush us. They are that good. It's a shame that I feel like they cheat a little with the players' salaries and all... but I still respect them as a team. Many of my friends here in Philly are split with who they should side with. It's kind of funny...
Aershelelou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-26, 23:37   Link #133
whitepearl
Dietrich fan #681675

Send a message via AIM to whitepearl Send a message via MSN to whitepearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aershelelou View Post
I'm kind of surprised no one has really posted since the Yankees won the ALCS.
I guess there aren't many Yankee fans or baseball fans.

Twitter
whitepearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-27, 00:00   Link #134
mit7059

Baseball isn't actually losing ground in the US. Actually until this year (due to recession) attendance was continuously growing and setting records each year. True it may not be growing as fast as some other sports but it certainly isn't in any danger like it was in the mid 90s.
I personally love baseball (and baseball animes, they probably grew my love for the sport) and despite the fact that I now live in Philly I am a hardcore Tigers fan. Game 163 simply broke my heart. I am absolutely rooting for the Phillies now, screw the Yankees.

More of a manga reader now than an anime watcher. Currently reading list here
mit7059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-27, 01:32   Link #135
solomon

Philly seduced me over the years. I probably like it more than my home DC area. You know I am rooting for the Phillies. If we repeat, oh man the Delaware Valley will EXPLODE.
Old 2009-10-27, 11:27   Link #136
solomon

Oh my freaking god, look what that trash the New York Post did to Shane Victirorino of the Phils!

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20...ageId=25018817

As a certain wittle gwey wabbit often proclaimed

OF COURSE YOU KNOW THIS MEANS WAR!!!!
Old 2009-10-27, 11:51   Link #137
solomon

This is gonna be even more epic than the Straw Hat Pirates vs. CP9 rumble!!
Old 2009-10-27, 13:36   Link #138
Dragonbow0

Philly you better bring home the title again, becuase i feel the title last year wasn't as epic as it should have been. Plus No One like New York, at least not around these parts.

Next year the Red Sox will have their revenge.
Dragonbow0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-27, 23:12   Link #139
imbehindyou
turn around...

I was rooting for Angels so the outcome of ALCS is pretty disappointing (or rather the team in general has been disappointing.. at least for me ) but it will be interesting to see whether Yankees claim another World Series title / Phillies win back-to-back.

yuuki kanade @ fortune arterial
imbehindyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-28, 11:54   Link #140
Aershelelou
キラッ☆~

I understand there's trash talk on both sides, but I feel as if Philadelphia is being totally bombarded with this talk (way more than NY) -- whether it be from articles from "baseball experts" on msn.com rooting for the Yankees and other websites or the New York Post putting Victorino in a sexy-as-hell short skirt. These "baseball experts" are really retarded. Have they not seen the last few Phillies games in the postseason? It was full of spontaneous plays... a good bit of them when the Phillies were up at bat with 2 outs! So computer simulations are mostly BS - just full of stats that don't tell the true story.

However, that's okay, because I'm sure the Phillies have a good amount of Red Sox and Mets fans haha~

They should have put Cole Hamels in that skirt. He's cute~
Don't underestimate any team. They are both champions of their own league divisions. Both have the potential to kick arse.

edit: And I have a new-found respect for Red Sox and Mets fans now. But I swear I won't tell my boyfriend XD
Aershelelou is offline   Reply With Quote