Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Quote:
身化劍骨 體為鋼 血成火
歷冶千刃 不知失 無聞得
堪苦鑄兵 唯待持者
心志無悔 是乃獨途
吾生終歸 無限劍製
I like your signature MakubeX2--perfect Chinese version of UBW.
I've seen many version of UBW in Chinese, and some of them simply sends shivers up my spine...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadjet
Best part of the episode was Shirou's "Shut the $#%@ up King of Heroes!"

How did Saber recover so fast? Did Shirou's imaging that scabbard provide a mana link to herso he gave her some?

Saber trying to cut vegetables was LOL. Two handed knife technique and she was serious about it XD
As long as she doesn't cut the table as well...with her strength who knows...
iamandragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-26, 21:21   Link #62
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2
Maybe the scene where Shirou summoned UBW. But it only make sense when he is fighting Gilgamesh mano-o-mano to counter his Gate of Babylon. In Fate story, Saber supposed to have a final closure in her relation to Gilgamesh.

If Saber leave in the anime and went to fulfill her destiny in the end, then she achieve her pathos as a hero of legendary times with peace in her soul. It is a fitting, beautiful ending.

What caught my interest is this scene......

http://dat.2chan.net/18/src/1148662706843ab0f.jpg
That'd be a shitty ending. As Cagalli said, finding a reason to die is cheap. It's living on that's the ultimate fight. Saber needs to get some more of her GSEED lookalike in her and look forward. Hasn't she realized yet that she's a beautiful person in more ways than one, and to throw away all that she has for the sake of fulfilling fate is stupid? Yeah, with Merlin, he can't escape fate. But with Saber, she has so much that she can help a future generation with...if not to fight, then at least to make Shiro, Rin, Sakura, and the rest of the gang happy just with her calm presence.
Old 2006-05-26, 22:01   Link #63
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Ok - i can easily say, best episode ever. ^_^
Old 2006-05-26, 22:41   Link #64
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsama
Ok - i can easily say, best episode ever. ^_^
We get to see Sabre without panties ^______^
Old 2006-05-26, 22:53   Link #65
kira_lacusXX
LOVELY☆COMPLEX

aww cute scenes with saber and shirou =d but i miss rin. wheres rin nowadays? or ilya? didnt see them in the screencaps...did i miss something important?
kira_lacusXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-26, 22:59   Link #66
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
There's no doubt in my mind now that this is going to end like Tsukihime did, and the way the Fate arc ended.

All in all this episode was an 8 from me because of Shirou and Gilgamesh. The character development is lacking in the relationship side for me still, and I'm reminded of other anime that just couldn't tie things up in a way that I could be satisfied watching.

Looking forward to seeing how Shirou plans on getting out of the new mess he's in.
Old 2006-05-26, 23:00   Link #67
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kira_lacusXX
aww cute scenes with saber and shirou =d but i miss rin. wheres rin nowadays? or ilya? didnt see them in the screencaps...did i miss something important?
Rin was doing a Dominatrix impression and teaching loli not to mess with her
Old 2006-05-27, 00:47   Link #68
DwArD
mAnIaC

Just saw the raw. Its one of the best eps in Fate. I gotta agree Shirou really hurt Saber by saying all this. Shirou have seen so much about Saber's past yet he knew nothing about her responsibility. I think Shirou's just being selfish here but well, love is supposed to be selfish in a sense. Shirou will eventually realise what he had to do. He should realise that a king's responsibility is much more greater than anyone's else. We can't really blame Shirou for that. Furthermore, Saber said something about Shirou being her 'sheath' right? Saber and sheath....an interesting comparison. Since the duty of the sheath is to protect its sword, isn't it right for Shirou to do something that'll protect Saber? I just hope Saber won't get mad at Shirou for that.

Oh yeah...the scene where they show Saber pierced another girl....that girl called Saber "father" right? Does that mean Saber's already married!? And wth! Saber lost again in the next ep!? Man....with only 3 more episodes left, I really wonder whether Shirou will execute his UBW.

Last edited by DwArD; 2006-05-27 at 00:58.
DwArD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-27, 02:13   Link #69
Thelastguardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwArD
Just saw the raw. Its one of the best eps in Fate. I gotta agree Shirou really hurt Saber by saying all this. Shirou have seen so much about Saber's past yet he knew nothing about her responsibility. I think Shirou's just being selfish here but well, love is supposed to be selfish in a sense. Shirou will eventually realise what he had to do. He should realise that a king's responsibility is much more greater than anyone's else. We can't really blame Shirou for that. Furthermore, Saber said something about Shirou being her 'sheath' right? Saber and sheath....an interesting comparison. Since the duty of the sheath is to protect its sword, isn't it right for Shirou to do something that'll protect Saber? I just hope Saber won't get mad at Shirou for that.

Oh yeah...the scene where they show Saber pierced another girl....that girl called Saber "father" right? Does that mean Saber's already married!? And wth! Saber lost again in the next ep!? Man....with only 3 more episodes left, I really wonder whether Shirou will execute his UBW.
Spoiler:
Old 2006-05-27, 02:17   Link #70
DwArD
mAnIaC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelastguardian
Spoiler:
Oh....thanks for the clarification.
Old 2006-05-27, 03:21   Link #71
SailorMoon4ever

Without a doubt this has got to be one of the best episodes I watched.
SailorMoon4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-27, 05:05   Link #72
gammaoh
Reality Marble User

Ok, I'm proud to give this ep. a top mark.

Everything is going uphill again, the fights, the graphics, the animation and we had a lot of character development between Saber and Shirou again.

I was really touched by Shirou who is desperately trying to convince Saber to renounce to her wish and the fact that he did confess his love. IIRC, it wasn't like that in the game, but my memory fails me lately.

Seeing Saber cry was the golden scene of this episode. She used to be so cold, restraining her feelings but she showed so many of them in this episode. Her attachment, her devotion to Shirou, and somehow, her love. To me, she must feel torn apart by what Shirou says and what her duty asks her to finish.

She said she hasn't given her heart to Shirou in the previous ep., but it seems to be changing slowly...

All I can hope now is that Shirou really uses UBW in the anime, even though we're sticking to Fate path for the moment. And that we get a brand new and original ending for the anime.
gammaoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-27, 06:22   Link #73
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86
That'd be a shitty ending. As Cagalli said, finding a reason to die is cheap. It's living on that's the ultimate fight. Saber needs to get some more of her GSEED lookalike in her and look forward. Hasn't she realized yet that she's a beautiful person in more ways than one, and to throw away all that she has for the sake of fulfilling fate is stupid? Yeah, with Merlin, he can't escape fate. But with Saber, she has so much that she can help a future generation with...if not to fight, then at least to make Shiro, Rin, Sakura, and the rest of the gang happy just with her calm presence.
Cagali is naive. The world is not kind and demands a payment if you want to do something heroic. Saber is a legendary hero and the world demanded a payment in recognition of her legend. No exceptions, no human feeling matters here. You cannot just take the cake and have the plate too. That is why GSD failed because the main characters seem to do it effortlessly. What made Fate/Stay Night such a powerful story is the fact they sacrifice something dear to them in order to realise their destiny. Be it love, ambition, hatred or for fun.

Living is a fight but so is dying. We all fight to have a favourable ending. Saber is fighting for her honour and a preferable way to end her life. Fulfilling fate is not stupid, it is responsiblity of everyone, me and you included. When it is time to die, it will come.

What is she going to do, living in modern time as normal person? She is a warrior king and a person of huge responsbility. There is no way her soul will reconcile of living with Shirou and the gang and her responsibility as a king. If she did not finish off her fate as a warrior, then for what she has sacrifice herself for? For what her loyal warriors died fighting protecting her for? What about her subjects, who is believing in her and her legacy? What about everything she done for? And the ideals that make Camelot? What about posterity?

She cannot just throw all of that and surrender to her yearnings.
We all have our own story to begin and to end...even Servants like Saber have to finish her script too.
Old 2006-05-27, 06:25   Link #74
Demongod86

Saber's son, if you go by the Arthurian legend, is Mordred (not Mortred...that's a dota hero =/), who was the result of incest between Arthur and his sister (not Morgana...he had a few sisters I believe, and this one seduced him), and Mordred hated his father I forget why, but he had a hunched shoulder among other things. So along with lancelot having an affair with gwen, Arthur gets backstabbed by his kid, they kill each othere, etc...so now FSN is really diverting from the Arturian legend. And Saber still might be able to reproduce now...unless Rin grants Shirou his son =P.
Old 2006-05-27, 06:28   Link #75
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gammaoh
Seeing Saber cry was the golden scene of this episode.
There are somethings in the game which you have to see to feel the full on emotional level of it, Saber's tear has been the main one for me this series - its what i wanted to see animated.

This episode just shows why i respect Shirou so god damn much.
Old 2006-05-27, 06:33   Link #76
Demongod86

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2
Cagali is naive. The world is not kind and demands a payment if you want to do something heroic. Saber is a legendary hero and the world demanded a payment in recognition of her legend. No exceptions, no human feeling matters here. You cannot just take the cake and have the plate too. That is why GSD failed because the main characters seem to do it effortlessly. What made Fate/Stay Night such a powerful story is the fact they sacrifice something dear to them in order to realise their destiny. Be it love, ambition, hatred or for fun.

Living is a fight but so is dying. We all fight to have a favourable ending. Saber is fighting for her honour and a preferable way to end her life. Fulfilling fate is not stupid, it is responsiblity of everyone, me and you included. When it is time to die, it will come.

What is she going to do, living in modern time as normal person? She is a warrior king and a person of huge responsbility. There is no way her soul will reconcile of living with Shirou and the gang and her responsibility as a king. If she did not finish off her fate as a warrior, then for what she has sacrifice herself for? For what her loyal warriors died fighting protecting her for? What about her subjects, who is believing in her and her legacy? What about everything she done for? And the ideals that make Camelot? What about posterity?

She cannot just throw all of that and surrender to her yearnings.
We all have our own story to begin and to end...even Servants like Saber have to finish her script too.
Whether you die for honor or whether you die for nothing, you're still dead. In her flashbacks, people said that Saber was unable to understand human emotions. To LIVE and to finally understand them would be a lot better of an atonement than to throw her life away after all she did. She was the king, she didn't have a good run-through...shame, but move on. Being a servant has granted her another chance. She should take it.
Old 2006-05-27, 07:15   Link #77
Takemi_Ikazuchi

The person Saber killed in the past was Mordred. The cast listing confirms it.

Either way, it's a lose lose situation for Shirou. It's either

A) Saber stays, but she continues becoming a Servant... forever.... which is what she wants actually.. What? you think Servantas can retire? When they die everything starts over again.. and again.. and again..

B) Go back to past, but is spared from being a Servant for eternity.

game over.
Takemi_Ikazuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-27, 07:22   Link #78
gammaoh
Reality Marble User

Quote:
There are somethings in the game which you have to see to feel the full on emotional level of it, Saber's tear has been the main one for me this series - its what i wanted to see animated.

This episode just shows why i respect Shirou so god damn much.
It's what I was saying, isn't it?
Old 2006-05-27, 07:36   Link #79
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gammaoh
It's what I was saying, isn't it?
I was saying my opinion on the episode, and the scene i loved to bits - whats wrong with me saying that?
Old 2006-05-27, 07:43   Link #80
gammaoh
Reality Marble User

Quote:
I was saying my opinion on the episode, and the scene i loved to bits - whats wrong with me saying that?
Nothing ^^

Just seeing that we both believe this scene was the highlight of today's episode.