AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2008-06-28, 11:59   Link #1
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

Personal Anime

If you was allowed to make a anime based on some point of your life, with you as the main character ("we're all main characters in the tales about ourselves" ~ Negi Springfield), which period of your life should it then be from, and how much artistic freedom would you have to take to make it into a doable anime?

Spoiler for my story:

What part of your life would you choose?
Sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-28, 14:31   Link #2
yoruichi fan
Shunpo!Shunko!
*Artist

@devilen: that is a good one. i thought that would make a funny story.

Well mine would be more along the lines of the lost teen. A teenage soul who had his mother and father killed when he was young. He was thrown out onto the streets and joined street gangs. Eventually getting picked up by the russian maffia in moscow. then years later after being in the maffia for 15 years he is sent to hanoi in vietnam were the russian maffia is trying to establish a new center for their activities. Unfortunately so are the chinese, vietnamese, japanese maffias. He is an expert with all weapons and an excellent assassin but upon arrival is put in charge of guarding the bosses daughter. Goes on through hardships with her and his memories from his past are awakened. Eventually he falls in love with the girl creating conflict between job and love. Then in a coup de etat her father is killed. Because she is the next in line for the job she is killed as well. then the main character (vod) goes out for revenge on the russian maffia. Ends up killing everyone and himself for the loss of his love.

yea something along those lines.
yoruichi fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-28, 14:46   Link #3
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

well ... funny might be an ackward word ... i'll go as far as interesting and protentially heartbreaking
Sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-28, 14:55   Link #4
yoruichi fan
Shunpo!Shunko!
*Artist

well yes the killing part would be sad. but the way you worded the rest of it made it sound kind of funny. Flat chested childhood friend. and the whole love triangle thing. just made it sound funny. dont worry i like the idea.
yoruichi fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-28, 18:40   Link #5
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Nothing much to make from my life.
Old 2008-06-29, 11:31   Link #6
Nemu

I could probably make an anime up from my life, it wouldn't be interesting, but fun I guess.

Signature by ganbaru
Nemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-29, 16:18   Link #7
Miko Miko
Imouto-Chan♥
*Graphic Designer

I could make the most depressing anime ever out of my life. I could seriously make a 50 episode series about all the hard things i have been through..

Miko Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-29, 17:24   Link #8
gold_orb
disrespectful heckler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miko Miko View Post
I could make the most depressing anime ever out of my life. I could seriously make a 50 episode series about all the hard things i have been through..
Are you okay? 50 episodes is alot to make about all the depressing things in your life only to make the veiwers in turn more depressed. Do you need a huge?
gold_orb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-29, 22:47   Link #9
Eva_127

Probably about my life in high school and being on the swim team.
Eva_127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-30, 16:40   Link #10
Miko Miko
Imouto-Chan♥
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold_orb View Post
Are you okay? 50 episodes is alot to make about all the depressing things in your life only to make the veiwers in turn more depressed. Do you need a hug?
I guess maybe 24 or 26 episodes , But if i did turn my life into an anime then everyone would realise even when someone looks so happy that they could have been throught a lot of pain and suffering. A lot of people think i do not have problems.
Yes I do need a hug -_-

Miko Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-03, 11:49   Link #11
NightbatŪ
Deadpan Snarker

Hmm, my life as an anime would probably be a full season, and 3 OVA's
boring as hell, with alot of useless drama, quite some angst and a noble goal

it's prequals and sidestories might even be more succesfull
Old 2008-07-03, 15:08   Link #12
Nervous Venus

I could probably do an OVA about falling asleep and missing a bunch of stops on the bus while heading outside of town to attend funeral service, and the weird people I spoke to on the way there while asking for directions. Also, after the service, while everyone was eating, some of the older men got drunk and started grabbing at each other's collars and tripping over tables.

While that was going on, my guy friend from middle school who I haven't seen in years, came to sit beside me, and said " Hisashiburi". The rest is, well...... I'll leave that up to everyone's imaginations.

Could make for an interesting story. Who knows?
Nervous Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-03, 20:33   Link #13
Henchmen
Better than redshirts

Mine would chronicle the adventures I had during my first job as a supermarket bagboy/carryout.

All the episodes would be painfully long. lasting for a good 6 hours, with about 5 hours and 30 minutes of filler that doesn't advance the plot at all. Then there would be this one particularly rude customer at the end of every episode that would try to kidnap me as I took their groceries out to their car, and I would battle them for some reason. The end of every episode would end with me clocking out, then RIDICULOUSLY happy music playing while the credits rolled and I gleefully ran through the parking lot, dodging moving cars and small children. The credits would end with me driving into the sunset.

As for the main characters, there'd be:

-Me (of course): The dashing young hero that wishes for nothing more than to go home.
-An overly friendly "disatisfied wife" woman coworker
-Another girl that is just moe moe moe and has a strange obsession with me.
-The poor, overworked, disgruntled, middle-aged manager guy.
-My lazy slacker older brother that also works there.

All of these character's are based on real people. Except the moe one (she's based on two)

Of course, then there's the villains ("Boss customers") Lets see, there could be...
-Guy with handgun set casually on the backseat
-Woman who cooks for her 800 pound husband.
-Group of guys that try to sell me mind-altering substances.

Also based on real people.

I think the genre would be "Historical" or something

I'd even try to throw in some shojo-ai or something (I did so much daydreaming) It could be like mini episodes inside the 6 hour long epic episodes!

Oh the possibilities...

Last edited by Henchmen; 2008-07-03 at 20:38. Reason: Spelleng/gramur vury hahrd
Henchmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 02:46   Link #14
bullzeeb
The Black Breath

Mine would be a "slice of life" comedy about my High School life and it would most likely turn into a failed 2 seasoned show.
It would be comepletely against the slice of life anime norm of me (a guy) and my guy friends just being dumb with off the wall humor and day dreams. Also it would have on-going school jokes pointing out dumb things in how my (damn) school is run.
bullzeeb is offline   Reply With Quote