Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-06-14, 23:00   Link #2821
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
^
Have you posted the same question at Nexus? Right now I have 1.6 Beta installed, and the only changes made by the update affects a few files (including the game engine), and the only mod that I have activated is SkyUI (IMHO, it's really, really useful).
I posted it at Nexus.

Do you think I should swap the current Skyrim folder with the old one I saved and then reinstall all the mods? It isn't so much about update 1.6. My concern is that after uninstalling about around 15 mods without checking for special uninstall instructions, I may have created problems in the game for myself.
Old 2012-06-15, 00:23   Link #2822
sa547
*Author

^
You mean you created a backup just in case the entire game goes buggy on a sour update? From what you described then it's all right to use this backup to restore the game's original functionality (I did just that for an MMO, backing up the whole program folder before running the update).
Old 2012-06-15, 01:28   Link #2823
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

It wasn't for updates. It was for the mods. I made a back up of the game folder when I had zero mods installed.
Old 2012-06-15, 01:36   Link #2824
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

I think i'm taking a break until after some time has passed from dawnguard... as it stands now i gotta choose between using skyrim with somewhat good animations (since not all have been replace 1h ones for running are still...) but buggy navmesh, or updated where i can use mounted combat, have the fixed navmesh but with the vanilla animations... and i just can't stand them anymore...
Old 2012-06-15, 01:44   Link #2825
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
It wasn't for updates. It was for the mods. I made a back up of the game folder when I had zero mods installed.
I see. Still, backing up is a smart thing to do whether the game engine or the mods go sour.
Old 2012-06-15, 02:17   Link #2826
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by delorean2200 View Post
I think i'm taking a break until after some time has passed from dawnguard... as it stands now i gotta choose between using skyrim with somewhat good animations (since not all have been replace 1h ones for running are still...) but buggy navmesh, or updated where i can use mounted combat, have the fixed navmesh but with the vanilla animations... and i just can't stand them anymore...
What is the navmesh?

I wanna swap out a previous Skyrim folder (clean slate) for my current Skyrim folder. Do I uninstall mods I have now via NMM? My guess is that if I don't do this before swapping out the current Skyrim folder with the previous one, it might cause issues with NMM when going to install mods after that. So, then, after that (or not, depending on how that is answered), do I just copy paste the previous Skyrim folder to the right directory and then hit yes to all when it asks if I want to overwrite? Is there anything I have to do from there? Do I have to do things differently? I've never done anything like this before, and I don't wanna just wing it. I could do something wrong and then just cause myself another problem to correct.
Old 2012-06-15, 03:20   Link #2827
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
Right now I have 1.6 Beta installed
1.6 has been out of beta since the 11th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
What is the navmesh?
Navmesh is what allows the AI to move around. It creates paths for NPCs to use.

Since the introduction of NavMesh to Bethesda's scripting engine in Fallout 3, navmeshes added by ESPs would only load once and when you exit and reenter the area, they do not reload unless you restart the game. This was the navmesh bug and people only got around it by using ESMs, though player-made ESMs were not officially supported (GECK could only make ESPs, ESMs had to be made using 3rd party tools) and could potentially be very buggy. The NavMesh bug continued existing into Fallout New Vegas and Skyrim and has only just been fixed in patch 1.6 of Skyrim, though the fix was originally slated for patch 1.5.

Last edited by Tokkan; 2012-06-15 at 03:42.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-16, 14:46   Link #2828
sa547
*Author

^
Mine's still all right, and the corpses that don't seem to go away now disappear as needed. Also, I enjoyed upgrading and enchanting weapons and armor (something that was absent in the last MMO I played), all the while selecting the right tools for the job.

My toon build is now a lv45 assassin/thief with emphasis on single-shot kills using upgraded and magicked Daedric bows and arrows, but wearing a combination of DarkBro and Thieves Guild armor, swapping in specialized parts when needed (sneaking, lock-picking, and sniping)... and I love the dark color scheme than wearing an all-glass armorset.

And Shadowmere is one badmofo of a horse who's not afraid of curbstomping anyone trying to pinch or burn his ass.

I tried out practicing shots from horseback, but the aim is a little off to the right at further distances, not until at closer range would make it possible to score a kill.

Edit: Updated to the latest (non-beta), but will test it out later.

Last edited by sa547; 2012-06-16 at 21:10.
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-16, 16:00   Link #2829
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Once I tire of TERA, will probably be back to playing this over the latter part of the summer and fall. Got my Redguard two-hander and my dark elf assassin waiting in limbo.
Old 2012-06-17, 22:53   Link #2830
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

New bad ass charcter for male characters again. This time its a Dark Soulsy armor. http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/18940
Old 2012-06-17, 23:17   Link #2831
Who

Wow. I might actually play a two handed character just for that armor and weapon alone.

But in the meantime, still testing graphics settings. It's a pain to find the right settings when your rig is a low-end laptop, and your new desktop isn't going to be available until fall.

Current character (don't think I ever posted mine), a hunter/ranger (need to figure out the clipping issue with the meshes):

Spoiler for Save space:
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 23:38   Link #2832
Destined_Fate

Your face model doesn't look half bad. My characters usually end up looking ugly as heck for some reason. Even the women... I just can't get the faces to look nice.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 23:39   Link #2833
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Your guy looks out of place >.>
Old 2012-06-17, 23:43   Link #2834
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Your guy looks out of place >.>
As opposed to half the anime-ish female characters out there? Yeah, he does.

I'll just pretend he's some elvish/daedric/human hellspawn. His skin was much darker and somewhere along the line one of the facial enhancement mods got tangled up with another and produced this. But I'm okay with it.

@Fate: Thanks.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 11:44   Link #2835
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

@ Who I think your character looks cool, just the hair seems strange or maybe its the forehead. What playstyle is he, guessing archer?
Old 2012-06-18, 15:10   Link #2836
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeal000 View Post
Hello, can somebody point me in the direction of a good npc killing mod? It's not children I want to kill, but the thieves guild in Riften. I started a slaughterfest in there, but they just keep coming back after I deplete their health bars. Also,
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/9333 does not work, i tried it already and they still are unkillable, so any other mods besides this one?
You can just set them as non-essential via console command, you don't need a mod for that.
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Console
EDIT: Sorry. In the link it says that the most recent patch prevents you from changing Essential states. So that's why the mods don't work. It seems Bethesda doesn't want us to kill them.
Old 2012-06-18, 16:23   Link #2837
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I had a character that made a hobby of killing Imperials ... the essential block made a mess of that...
Old 2012-06-18, 16:45   Link #2838
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I had a character that made a hobby of killing Imperials ... the essential block made a mess of that...
Do you think it's to stop the "kill kids" mods?
Old 2012-06-18, 16:50   Link #2839
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

More likely that turning off essentials that might be involved in future DLC could break those DLC stories. A character's gamesave would have the character listed as dead when they're part of the DLC questing.

Now... I think that's a bit lame/lazy in terms of game design.
Old 2012-06-18, 22:39   Link #2840
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Some info for Skyrim Unplugged

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/12744#content

There are still some cases I didn't forsee that Skyrim Unplugged will still throw an error if you uninstalled Skyrim and will not allow you to Enable Automatic Updates. Until I fix this, the following steps will allow you to continue:

Create an empty file C:\TESV.exe.
Launch Skyrim Unplugged and enter C:\ for the installation path.
Click the Enable button.
Delete C:\TESV.exe.
Re-install Skyrim from Steam.

How do I create the empty file C:\TESV.exe?

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, rpg, skyrim