AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-23, 13:00   Link #581
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinocard View Post
Well, because the publisher is the one own the copyright. The author is paid to make manga, they do not own it. It's like medical scientists researching stuff, but they do not own the patient to a new discovery. The company that pay them does.
You know the DC and Marvel owns the copyrights to all their comics. Once an author get a publisher they basically sell the copyrights to the publisher. The only time that doesn't happen is when the author get in a publishing deal where the author keeps the rights. Like when someone has a webcomic and they want to publish it on paper and have it distributed. They retain the copyright because otherwise they couldn't keep publishing on the web. There is the option of selfpublishing for direct sale to their internet audience like many have done.
Old 2009-10-23, 18:03   Link #582
al103
Grumpy Russian bear

Send a message via ICQ to al103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claies View Post
Apparently Shujin doesn't really think like Mashiro would, because it took a personal attack for him to turn down Miura. Not sure if that's a good thing.
Only Mashiro different take on the things was already noted as being better on they made-together manga. That both of them see things that other do not. Also it's entirely possible that Mashiro thought that if he would agree here that editor always would require from them gag manga and more gags. I would too.

PS. Also Nanoha/job, Honor/job and Rein/Agito.
PPS. Proud Athrun/Cagalli/Meyrin shipper.
Old 2009-10-23, 22:53   Link #583
Dark Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by al103 View Post
Only Mashiro different take on the things was already noted as being better on they made-together manga. That both of them see things that other do not. Also it's entirely possible that Mashiro thought that if he would agree here that editor always would require from them gag manga and more gags. I would too.

Yeah and its really hard to keep yourself motivated in doing something when your heart's not really in it. Like Mashiro doesnt like to draw Gag mangas at all while Shujin has to think alot to make-up jokes as its just not his nature. So if they do choose the gag manga. they will be doing something thats against their nature and it will feel like they are being forced and its more than ikely the quality will drop. I never liked Miura from the beginning as he is even more immature than two high-school kids, is much too emotional to become a good editor. Mashiro and Shujin deserve someone like Hattori
Old 2009-10-24, 00:06   Link #584
Maji

Send a message via AIM to Maji Send a message via MSN to Maji
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Mage View Post
Yeah and its really hard to keep yourself motivated in doing something when your heart's not really in it. Like Mashiro doesnt like to draw Gag mangas at all while Shujin has to think alot to make-up jokes as its just not his nature. So if they do choose the gag manga. they will be doing something thats against their nature and it will feel like they are being forced and its more than ikely the quality will drop. I never liked Miura from the beginning as he is even more immature than two high-school kids, is much too emotional to become a good editor. Mashiro and Shujin deserve someone like Hattori
I totally agree with the last statement you made and hope this is really a actual break from Miura instead of them just coming to terms with one another later. Miura just doesn't seem to understand Mashiro and Shujin while Hattori did and was able to work well with them. I'd eventually like to see them working with Hattori again but I can't see that happening for some reason or another. The authors seem to enjoy writing about Miura unfortunately and I can see him sticking around regardless of how annoying is. Get off the comedy kick already, they don't have any interest in Gag manga! D;

My Anime/Manga Blog: http://wanderingronin.com
Looking for writers/contributors!
Old 2009-10-24, 02:44   Link #585
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Mage View Post
I never liked Miura from the beginning as he is even more immature than two high-school kids, is much too emotional to become a good editor. Mashiro and Shujin deserve someone like Hattori
You see, the intial success of Trap was thanks to hottari. I don't remember how many chapters they initially had done with Hattari input, but those were the chapters that had the best ratings. I
still say that Trap started to decline with the chapters that had Miura input.
Old 2009-10-24, 20:25   Link #586
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
You see, the intial success of Trap was thanks to hottari. I don't remember how many chapters they initially had done with Hattari input, but those were the chapters that had the best ratings. I still say that Trap started to decline with the chapters that had Miura input.
If I remember correctly, the pair never really had Hattori's input for Trap during its series run. Hattori got as far as starting them up and pushing Trap through to serialization, but everything after that was turned over to Miura. I still believe that Trap failed due to a combination of Mashiro's illness forcing them to drop the ball just when it's at its peak, and all the copycat authors who saturated the already niche genre.

Is it just me or is Miura the only editor who actually intervened in the content of his series? The other editors only really talked about style, and Hattori kept his hands off after he decided that Ashirogi could consistently make good names on their own.
Old 2009-10-24, 21:15   Link #587
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

Quote:
If I remember correctly, the pair never really had Hattori's input for Trap during its series run. Hattori got as far as starting them up and pushing Trap through to serialization, but everything after that was turned over to Miura. I still believe that Trap failed due to a combination of Mashiro's illness forcing them to drop the ball just when it's at its peak, and all the copycat authors who saturated the already niche genre.

Is it just me or is Miura the only editor who actually intervened in the content of his series? The other editors only really talked about style, and Hattori kept his hands off after he decided that Ashirogi could consistently make good names on their own.
I would have to say, Because Hattori allowed them to do what they wanted is why they were so successful. Miura forcefully interjecting into the Manga is never good. Isn't the editor supposed to review their work, then tell them what could be improved? Editors Work on perfecting the presented product, not interjecting into the beginning phase. Advice is fine, but I don't think they should mess with what the Author has in mind.
Old 2009-10-24, 21:22   Link #588
al103
Grumpy Russian bear

Send a message via ICQ to al103
Quote:
If I remember correctly, the pair never really had Hattori's input for Trap during its series run.
They had his input for BEFORE series run. At least 12 chapters IIRC.

PS. Also Nanoha/job, Honor/job and Rein/Agito.
PPS. Proud Athrun/Cagalli/Meyrin shipper.
Old 2009-10-25, 05:23   Link #589
War_Lord
Modern Philosopher

Think it'd be possible for Shujin to work with two artists at the same time? I was thinking Mashirou and Shujin can work on Future watch together, while Shujin works on Ten with a different artist. Its a win win situation, but I guess it'd be too much of a hassle for Shujin especially since he's in college now.
Old 2009-10-25, 07:43   Link #590
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by al103 View Post
They had his input for BEFORE series run. At least 12 chapters IIRC.
which are the most important chapters, at least the first 10 chapters. Remember that mangaka that get their manga canceled after the first 10 chapters rarely get another manga out. Mashirou was concerned about not being canceled within 10 chapters.
Old 2009-10-25, 12:35   Link #591
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

i doubt that Shujin qould work on two different series at the same time cause him and mashro are a pair. they have worked together sense there start and they get on with ech other. thay have a bond. Miura made a big mistake in trying spllit them up. as there editor for Trap he should know of there bond.

i can kind of see it from Miura's point of view as he did do his research and he does want to see them published again however he should not have said that and tried to see it from there point of view as well. he should not have been so stubbern. he might come to regret it later on.

i do think that they might make up but, w'll have to see how the manga-ka goes about the relationship.
Old 2009-10-25, 21:30   Link #592
ShootingStars

they started it together and promised to stay together
why split them apart
their editor is so noob
Old 2009-10-30, 04:00   Link #593
Maji

Send a message via AIM to Maji Send a message via MSN to Maji
Waiting for the next chapter is torture D;

My Anime/Manga Blog: http://wanderingronin.com
Looking for writers/contributors!
Old 2009-10-30, 12:10   Link #594
kakakka

Chapter 60

Spoiler for 60:
Old 2009-10-30, 12:21   Link #595
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
Chapter 60

Spoiler for 60:
old, not new

she was in chp11.
Old 2009-10-30, 12:22   Link #596
kakakka

Really? Never remembered of her. So yep

EDIT: I checked since I really didn't remember, but now that I know, it was interesting they're brought her back.

I wonder what her role would be in the future. (EDIT: novel - manga comparison?)

Last edited by kakakka; 2009-10-30 at 12:54.
Old 2009-10-30, 12:33   Link #597
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Hopefully not romance for the mains...can you imagine Ashirogi going for Aoki and her friend, and then start the drama with their previous gfs?
Old 2009-10-30, 12:40   Link #598
kakakka

Nah, I don't think so. Mashiro got that girl (EDIT: Miho) and Shujin's top priority is manga.

My thoughts about Aoki and Shujin working together isn't really at romantic side, but as authors. They like to write stories, but they're different. Now that they're willing to work together, I'm eager to know how this will work out.
Old 2009-10-30, 12:53   Link #599
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

but the endless possiblities of having aoki working with Shunji is really too good to pass up.
Old 2009-10-30, 13:16   Link #600
Freeter
beyond

Spoiler for 60:

Tags
manga, shounen